• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 5,076 Views, 708 Comments

Elements Change the Dark Hearts - Nightmare_0mega



What Measure is a Monster? When six darkened beings from different worlds and times are brought to Equestria, will they adapt to the peace, or seek to destroy it?

  • ...
7
 708
 5,076

PreviousChapters Next
It Is So Strange

Luna slowly cantered down the Spire of the Moon after she brought forth her celestial body once again over the sleepy inhabitants of Equestria. It was a marvelous night out tonight, she believed. After all, very few can turn the job of setting the sun and raising the moon into an art form of brilliant colors and shimmering diamonds in the sky. She certainly was getting used to the normal around here... Well, the ALMOST normal. As she exited the bottom of the spire, and wandered through the halls of Canterlot Castle, a thought wormed its way to the center of her attention. It was of Celestia's little project.

Celestia had told Luna much of the details of what she was doing, but she still couldn't see the reasoning behind it. Bringing monsters from other universes to this world. It seemed exceedingly dangerous, and didn't seem to provide any evident benefits for the good ponies of Equestria. The latest one was a testament to that, as it released Discord from his statue early. Granted, the beast got subdued by its liberator, but the point still stood. These beings were more trouble than they were worth. Once they serve their phantom purpose and are sent home, she hopes to never hear of something this bizarre and dangerous again.

She let out a sigh as she cantered up to the chamber her sister claimed as a relaxation and study room. Having a feeling Celestia was in there, she decided to pester her a little bit. Creaking the door open with a gentle gust of her natural magic, she wandered in and closed the door once again. There, at the far end of the room, in front of a welcoming fireplace amidst the darkness, was the Goddess of the Sun herself.

"Tia?" she asked.

"Oh, good evening, Lulu. How did you fair bringing in the night this night?"

"Everything is set like poetry in motion. Tia, I need to discuss something with thee ."

"Oh Faust, PLEASE don't talk me out of bringing in the six to our world. You know we need them."

"But WHY we need them still alludes me! I don't understand why thou art taking such an enormous risk with these clearly diabolical beings."

"I promise to tell you when the time is right. For now, you just need to be patient. Everything will work itself out. Two of the six are already here, and they have bound themselves to both Fluttershy and Pinkie. No matter what happens, we have them as allies now. It'll help keep the more violent ones in check."

Luna huffed in defeat. There were glaring holes Celestia's mystery plan for these monsters, with four of them still on the way, but she trusted her sister. After all, she's been at this for quite a while, and while her actions were questionable some of the time, she no doubt couldn't deny the results. Speaking of which.

"What of the whole ordeal with Discord?"

"Oh yes, our dear friend. I provided him an ultimatum. If he wishes for his freedom to be absolute, he first must undergo reformation, so that we can at least handle him with a bit more compassion and leniency. Otherwise..."

"Otherwise?"

"He returns to his prison, and that would be counterproductive for all of us here."

"Why do we need him anyway? Surely whatever thou art devising does not require his presence."

Celestia sighed. "Actually, dear sister. It does. In fact, him leaving his stone prison TODAY was a stroke of luck."

"What do you mean?"

"I was planning to have Discord freed eventually."

"Why, Tia?" her younger sister exclaimed.

"The spell, Luna. It's getting harder and harder to use. Especially if the one effected is deceased. I need Discord to relieve the strain of such powerful magic, if I want to make sure this plan continues to move forward."

Luna bit her lip with a huff. "You're barking mad sometimes, you know that, sister?"

"I prefer calling it being eccentric," Celestia said with a smile and a raspberry.

Luna shook her head at her wise and silly older sister, before continuing, "So, what then? What was Discord's choice?"

"Well, he decided to play ball this time. He'll be leaving tomorrow to meet up with Fluttershy. Then, they will head to the Crystal Empire for his rehabilitation."

"The Crystal Empire? Why?"

"Fluttershy suggested it. She needed to check up on our little toad friend for the week, and decided it would be best to bring Discord along, to show that even the most horrible of beasts could be loved if they gave kindness a try."

"That mare is an enigma, but hopefully her idea will achieve the correct benefit," Luna declared.

Celestia yawned softly for a moment before speaking again, "Is that all you wish to talk about, Lulu?"

"Yes, thank you, Tia."

"Can I expect you back here in a month to ask me the same questions again?" the Sun Goddess asked with a smirk.

"Hardy har har, sister." Luna deadpanned.

"Your right. A month is too hopeful. Next week, perhaps?"

"Goodnight, Celestia."

"Goodnight, Lulu" she said with a smile. And with that, Luna gently opened the door and left the chamber, leaving Celestia alone in the darkness. Her smile faded as she pulled a book from her shelf and cracked it open. It was a curious tome, with strange letters forgotten by Equestria long ago. In it were bizarre images and comments constructed of those same strange letters. Decorating the edges of the pages were slips of paper with perfectly normal old equestrian comments stuck on and pointed out certain passages in the book. She read this foreboding book for a moment, before sighing and put it off to the side.

"I hope you're research was correct, Starswirl..."

Author's Note:

Elvis Presley

PreviousChapters Next