• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 965 Views, 61 Comments

Amnesia - CaramelSwirls



"Swirls" is under attack but by who? She's now suffering from amnesia and is trying to fi

  • ...
6
 61
 965

Chapter 4: Mourning

Chapter 4: Mourning

I decided it’d be best to return to Pinkie’s house for the night and try to figure things out tomorrow morning. No one would be up this late anyway. Plus, if I act like I know she’s dead, I’d become the prime suspect. I headed back to Pinkie’s house and swiftly heading into bed and drifted off into a nice, soundless sleep.

“OH MY GOSH! SWIRLS! WAKE UP!” Pinkie Pie screamed while shaking me awake.

“Huh?” I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

“We don’t have time for that! Come on Swirls everyone needs to get together right now!” Pinkie yelled while pulling my arm and trying to run away with me.

“Calm down, Pinkie. What’s wrong?” I asked. I moved my arm out from between her hoofs.

“Rainbow Dash is dead!” Pinkie screamed with an heir of disbelief while tears formed in her eyes. I could tell she was exhorting all her strength to try and hold them back.

“Oh my gosh! What happened?” I questioned, feigning shock and disbelief.

“I don’t know! Just come on!” She urged.

I rose from bed and followed Pinkie to a crowd of all our friends. Everyone seemed on the brink of tears and you could see them all struggling immensely to hold them back. I felt bad I couldn’t cry but after last night, hearing it from Pinkie was nothing. Everyone in the crowd was asking who could have done this and why Rainbow Dash. I could feel eyes staring me down the entire time yet; I couldn’t pick out who it was from. I must be her—my attacker and Rainbow Dash’s murderer. She had to be among the four ponies still under suspicion—Applejack, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Twilight.

“Um…Pinkie,” Fluttershy said softly. “This was supposed to be for you.” She took a box out from behind her back and gave it to Pinkie Pie.

“What is this?” Pinkie asked.

“It was a present from all of us for you’re birthday today. Rainbow Dash was working on the final touches before…” She gave a heavy sniffle. “We had her keep it because we knew you couldn’t go to Cloudsdale. Happy Birthday from all of us Pinkie…”

Everyone else said happy birthday as well.

“So that’s why Rainbow Dash was acting odd the other day when she met Swirls. It was because I was there. Well thank you Fluttershy. And thank you everyone else. This…This really means a lot to me,” Pinkie Pie sniffled a few more times and eventually completely fell apart and broke down into tears. Everyone else followed suit, as I awkwardly stood there unsure of what to do.

After everyone calmed down I pulled Twilight to the side. I just needed to ask.

“Did anyone else come to your house yesterday?” I asked.

“N-no,” Twilight sniffled. “Why do you ask?”

“DAMMIT!” I grabbed my mane in frustration and sighed. “Oh, don’t worry about it, it’s nothing. I just figured because we were talking about Rainbow Dash yesterday maybe someone heard or stopped by afterwards and said something. I just want to find out who did this to her you know?”

“Yeah, I understand. I think we all do,” Twilight said.

“Well…I think I need sometime to think about everything that’s happened…I’m going to head back to Pinkie’s now…” I said trying to sound as distraught as possible.

“Yeah, I think I’m going to head home to. I need some time to process everything that’s happened so far. Feel better,” Twilight said.

I began walking back to Pinkie’s house. Yet, there was something amiss. I stopped short and heard a noise. It sounded like a hoofstep. Was someone following me? Could it be her? I quickly turned around. At first glance, there was no one there but, I took a second look and I saw something peaking out from behind the tree.

“Who’s there? Show yourself!” I demanded yet no one came out. “I see you! Are you the one who’s been doing this? Are you the one haunting me?” I began yelling in a frantic rage.

I ran to the tree to find nothing there, just a tiny squirrel eating an acorn.

“Oh, wow. I am silly. I’m getting myself worked up over nothing. Suddenly, something tapped me on the shoulder from behind.

“AH!” I screamed. I started panting and breathing heavily.

“I’m sorry sugarcube. I didn’t mean to startle ya’. But I need ta talk ta ya,” Applejack said.

“Oh, Applejack it’s just you. Whew, that’s a relief,” I said it was a relief but she startled me nonetheless.

“Well pumpkin, I know what you did,” Applejack said.

“W-What I did? Wh-what do you mean?” My face started sweating. What did she mean? Was she talking about stealing Twilight’s spell, plotting to kill Rainbow Dash, or something far before that that only my attack would know?

“I know you killed Rainbow Dash. I know it was you! You just randomly show up one day and the next day, this is what you do? What the hell Swirls? We trusted you here and you did this!” Applejack began haphazardly shaking me about, making me irrefutably dizzy.

“Wh-what are you talking about cowgirl? I didn’t do anything of the sort,” I didn’t. I wanted to but I didn’t.

“Don’t you dare lie to me! You scum! Pinkie should’ve never taken you in! No one else would ever even think of killing Rainbow Dash! You horrible, horrible pony!” Applejack began screaming frantically in my face. Her eyes were a deep, soulless red, as if she had been possessed by a demon. She threw me to the ground and began stomping on my ribs. “Die! Die you miserable excuse of life! Die already!” Tears flew down her cheeks rapidly.

I had no idea what to do. She was out of control. I began trying to cover my ribs and looked around for anything to protect myself. I found a piece of glass on the ground and slashed open Applejack’s side. She fell onto the ground writhing in pain and clutching onto her side. I stomped on her head twice to make sure she wouldn’t chase after me and I sprinted away. Was she the one? She did attack me! But…She also suspected me of killing Rainbow Dash, so it couldn’t have been her. Dammit! Where are you? I kept running until I bumped into a tree and fell on my rear. On the tree was another piece of paper. I picked it up.

“Now wasn’t that fun? You just don’t listen do you? Oh well, I injected her the same way you did to me. Do you remember? I won’t quit. But you should. Save the ponies around you that you call “friends”.”

Injected her? What did that mean?

I flashed back again. I remember injecting a pony once. She screamed a high-pitched, shrill scream and broke down crying. Her face was a blur though. But her words were unforgettable, “How could you do this to me!? I will ensure that you rue this day for the rest of eternity. This was cold even for you, sis!”