• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 965 Views, 61 Comments

Amnesia - CaramelSwirls



"Swirls" is under attack but by who? She's now suffering from amnesia and is trying to fi

  • ...
6
 61
 965

Chapter 3: Plan for Success

Chapter 3: Plan for Success

I began running back to Pinkie’s house as quickly as possible. I knew it had to be Rainbow Dash. Who else could’ve shot down a bird from the air? Only she can fly. It HAD to be her. But I needed to get to Pinkie’s house to know I was somewhere safe. I ran for what felt like ever until I reached her house. I walked in the door and looked around to see no one in sight.

“Hmm…That’s strange,” I thought to myself. “Where could she have gone? You don’t think Rainbow Dash would have talked to her or done anything to set me up? Pinkie wouldn’t fall for it! Never! But…I have to stop her quick! I can’t live my life in fear like this! There’s so many nice ponies here like Twilight, Rarity, and Pinkie. And I’m sure Applejack and Fluttershy are so nice as well! I want a chance to get to know them better too. But I can’t with her around.”

I began formulating a plot against her. I had no clue where she lived or anything about her. Where could I even find her? Hm…Well with Pinkie out of sight and considering I just left Rarity’s house, I decided the only other pony I was close enough to was Twilight. I began heading towards her house trying my hardest not to get lost in the process. I reached her house and stopped short of knocking on the door. What would I say? I contemplated that question for a few minutes before I had an epiphany. I knocked on the door and Twilight opened it up moments later.

“Oh, hi Swirls. What brings you here? Would you like to come inside?” Twilight kindly offered.

“Yeah, thank you. I just stopped by because I wanted to talk to you,” I replied.

“Talk? About what? Is everything okay?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, of course it is! I love it here! All the ponies are so nice! I haven’t really gotten to get to know Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, or Applejack to well. But, I wanted to see if you knew if Rainbow Dash was okay. I mean she was acting pretty strange today…” I tried sounding as concerned as possible.

“Oh, Rainbow? I’m sure she’s okay. She just gets like that sometimes,” Twilight said.

I didn’t exactly believe it but I had nothing else to go on. “Well, I was thinking of paying Rainbow Dash a visit to get to know her better and see how she’s doing,” I lied. “Could you tell me where she lives? I mean, her house was the only one you and Pinkie didn’t show me during your tour.”

“Oh, that’s because she lives in Cloudsdale. It’s only accessible to Pegasus. I mean, I’m sure there’s spells to allow non-Pegasus to enter but I don’t know any,” Twilight said.

“Oh, that’s such a shame. I really wanted to befriend her but I don’t know where to find her,” I said with a sigh.

“Well if you’d like, I can ask Pinkie to plan a party so that all of us could get together and you can get to know her better,” Twilight suggested.

“That’d be great! Could you please?” I didn’t really want her to but I had no other options and needed to sound as believable as possible. I stomach suddenly growled very loudly.

“Oh, Was that you, Swirls? Would you like me to make you something to eat?” Twilight once again had another kind offer.

I seized the opportunity to get her out of the room, “If it wouldn’t be trouble, could you please?”

“Oh don’t worry it’s no trouble at all. I’ll be right back,” Twilight said as she walked out of the room.

I took this opportunity to begin going through as many books as possible. I NEEDED to find that spell. It was my key to safety. I rapidly began flipping through any book I thought could have it. After what felt like forever, I somehow managed to find it. I ripped the page out and quickly hid it in my pocket. Moments later, Twilight returned with some food. I scarfed it down and said my good-bye to the generous pony.

I headed back to Pinkie’s house, who surprisingly enough still wasn’t home. I looked around for something—anything I could use to kill that pony. I finally found some rope and a knife I thought could come in handy and swiftly left before anyone came home. By the time I was finished getting ready, it was nighttime—time to attack. I took the spell out of my pocket and tried my hardest to get it to work. After a few failed attempts, who knew magic was so difficult, I shockingly managed to appear in Cloudsdale. I searched around for Rainbow Dash’s house, which surprisingly wasn’t difficult considering her cutie mark was on the door.

I walked up to the door to find it unlocked. I creped inside the house slowly and quietly. It was pitch dark inside and I decided to turn on the lights against my better judgment. I gasped. There was Rainbow Dash pinned to the wall by a knife. Her blood was splattered everywhere. I forced back a terrified scream as I began tearing up in fear. Seeing her blood everywhere made me feel dizzy as I flashed back once more.

All I see is blood everywhere. There were ponies and animals cut open before me, and their blood was all over my hands. Why? Why was there blood all over me? Except, I wasn’t scared or anything. It was normal. A pony in a white coat patted me on the shoulder as if giving me a silent approval of a job well done.

I guessed I fainted because I found myself on the floor in a pool of her blood. I tried to stand up and noticed the white sheet of paper stuck into the knife. No! I picked it up.

“You’re not the only one who knows how to steal spells. I warned you to stop but you didn’t listen. Don’t make me kill more of your friends to get the point across. You would hate to be responsible for all these innocent ponies deaths wouldn’t you? Oh wait…”

And the note trailed off as if it were supposed to be a witty comment. So it wasn’t Rainbow Dash. But, then why was she acting so strange? This didn’t make sense. I needed answers. I needed to stop this malicious pony.