• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,499 Views, 57 Comments

Me, my-selves, and Fluttershy: The Story of the Firestarter - SMWilde



What happens when a schizophrenic terrorist and the kind fluttershy meet?

  • ...
5
 57
 1,499

Chapter 11: The Red Room

“THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
― Hunter S. Thompson

I don't remember ever sleeping that well. My mind felt clear and my body relaxed. I didn't even have any bad dreams. For once in my life, I felt rested.

However I knew I would have to wake up soon and the thing that actually woke me was a sound. It was light and soft and soon I realized it was humming. Someone was humming a tune in my home. I slowly opened my eyes to see it was incredibly bright in here. My eyes squinted shut and I groaned at the light. How long did I sleep!?

In my mind I could see everyone else also having similar reactions:

"Argh! Turn off the lights!"

"Christ....what time is it?"

"Aw bugger..."

"Bugger? Did you just say bugger?"

"....................no?"

"THE LIGHT! IT BURNS!"

I rubbed my eyes and willed everyone quite as I slowly adjusted to the daylight. My eyes opened back up, slowly this time, and I looked around at the place trying to find the source of the sound. The first thing I noticed was the blanket that covered me. I don't remember having one last night....

Then I noticed how remarkably clean the apartment was. Everything was dusted and shining and there was literally no clutter on the floor now.

"Oh so that's what color the carpet is. Cool."

I noticed the duffel bag of cash was on the coffee table. It was still ready to burst with the amount of green in it. I was beyond confused now; even for being slow in the morning I felt like I was gonna have a migraine.

"What in the..." I began to say before noticing something flying above me.

I looked up to see Fluttershy hovering near the ceiling fan with a duster, cleaning the wooden blades. She had heard me and looked down to see me awake.

"Oh um....good morning Jacob. I uh....thought I would clean up a little. I hope you don't mind."

She landed on the other side of the couch as I sat myself up on my elbows and looked at the whole place and then at her.

"You did all this? The blanket? The cleaning?"

"Yea...." She said with a blush.

"Wow," I said, "I don't know what to say....thanks Fluttershy. This is pretty neat."

She smiled and blushed some more at the compliment. For a moment it looked like she was about to hide behind her mane.

"Thanks," she said in a whisper before speaking a little louder, "Um.....can I ask? W-what's in that bag?"

I turned to look at the full duffle bag and realized I couldn't really tell her where I got that cash. She probably doesn't even know what the stuff is but I'm pretty sure she knows what robbery is.

"Guys? Ideas?" I asked in my head.

"Ummmmmm...." said Sam who everyone knew was better at making up cover stories, "uh payment for a job you have. That you work at night. Sometimes. That might work."

"Might?"

"Well I'm sorry I didn't know I would have to be making up cover stories and alibis and shit for a talking horse!"

"Relax Sam it will do. Jacob repeat after me..."

The next words to come out of my mouth were from Jay and followed as thus:

"Well," I said laying a hand on the bag, "this is my paycheck for my job. The green paper is our currency in this country and it’s called cash. The numbers in the corners indicates the amount each bill is worth."

"You.....work?" she asked, "When do you work?"

Again I repeated after Jay, "At night. But not all the time, only sometimes. And last night was pay day."

I smiled as I finished and thankfully she seemed to believe me. I felt a little bad lying to her but I had to keep her safe and I needed her to trust and like me. Not an easy thing if she knew I was a psychotic, pyromaniac, mask wearing, killer terrorist.

"Oh okay," she said causing everyone to breathe out in relief and Sam to do a fist pump, ".....but do you work tonight?"

She asked that with a pleading look in her eye that kind of worried me.

"No I don't." I said with absolute honesty, "I don't have to work tonight so I'll still be here."

"Okay good....," she said in relief, "because.....there's another storm coming tonight."

"Wait what? How do you know that?" I asked.

"I can feel it...." she said.

I decided to believe her because of the way she said it and the way her eyes held this kind of fear. I reached over and hugged her.

"If it does storm I will be right here to protect you from it alright? I promise."

"Good.....thank you." she said finally, I could see a smile start to form again on her lips.

She flew up again and made her way to the kitchen. She came back with a plate and set it down in front of me. It was an omelet, freshly made with some fruit and a glass of milk. She had made me breakfast......as well as clean the apartment....

"Dude, fucking marry this female creature I fucking love her."

"I can't marry her! She's a....well not a human."

"I don't care! She's female, she's intelligent, she's basically a human but in pony form, and she can cook and clean! Marry her!"

I hushed him up and continued to stare at the plate. It felt weird being served like this, to be shown this kind of kindness.

I looked up at Fluttershy and struggled with my words but finally managed to speak, "I....I don't know what to say. You didn't have to do this."

"It's ok," she said with a smile, "It's just my way of saying thanks for taking care of me."

She then flew back into the kitchen to finish her cleaning and I began to help myself to my breakfast. The guys were beginning to come out and mingle around, relishing in a job well done and a much deserved rest. Naturally Fluttershy couldn't see or hear them so I had to keep speaking to them in my mind.












I must sound like a real psycho to you right now don't I?





Anyway, Guard and Angus both flopped onto the couch on either side of me. Angus nudged my left side and said, "Eh? Whot ah tell ya? Lass is great ain't she?"

"Yeah alright I admit it," I said back to him in my head, "She is pretty neat. I'll give you that much."

Angus just gave a sly grin like he knew there was more to that and I just stared back trying to keep a straight face. I finally looked away going, "Oh shut up," causing both him and Guard to start laughing.

Everyone was enjoying themselves and overall it was turning out to be a good day. Hank and John were in the kitchen observing Fluttershy work while Sam was looking over the whole place, admiring the thorough cleaning of the apartment.

I was just content to finish my breakfast which wasn't so bad. I wondered if they would have something on my heist on the TV by now. Fluttershy finished cleaning in the kitchen and walked (or is it trotted?) over to me.

"H-how is it?" she asked.

I nodded and swallowed a bite as I said, "It's pretty good. I have to admit you are really damn good at cleaning and cooking."

She smiled and sat down next to me, which would have been right in Guards lap had he been real. But she just passed right through him causing him to awkwardly stand up rather quickly.

"I hate when that happens..." he said.

I finished and pushed my plate away as I leaned back and looked over at Fluttershy.

"So....what are we going to do today?" she asked with a small hopeful gleam in her eye. I knew what she was hoping for. She had wanted to do it for days but it’s just too dangerous. I don't really know what would happen if we did do it. I had to make sure we would be absolutely safe.

"Well I was thinking we just have a nice peaceful day. Maybe watch some TV or play a game...."

I then looked over at her out of the corner of my eye with a sly smile and said more quietly, "Or maybe go outside?"

At this she actually jumped up into the air and said, "Oh yes please can we do that?! Can we can we??"

She then suddenly caught herself and came back down with a blush and said more quietly, "If that's okay with you of course?"

"Awwww....come on Jacob. A little fresh air never hurt anyone?"

"Aye come on laddie, let the girl have some fun."

"Well.....Guard what do you think?"

"I'm sure it's fine Jacob. As long as we just keep out of sight of the Town and maybe stick to the other side of the hills we should be safe."

I thought on it some more and finally said, "Oh......alright I guess we can."

Fluttershy jumped up again and said in a surprisingly soft tone, "Yay!"

I laughed a little at the display before saying, "Let me just check the news real quick."

I then reached for the remote and-


*BANGBANGBANG*

Gunshots....

Three of them...

Right outside...







Instinct immediately took over as I grabbed Fluttershy and flung ourselves into the bedroom and hunkered down on the wall next to the door. Needless to say everyone was freaking out in their own way, Fluttershy was hyperventilating and asking over and over again what that was, Guard had immediately began herding everyone back inside as Sam and Jay began trying to figure out what that was and Hank well....

"God damnit Murphy!"

"Hank shut up and get back inside!"

The instant everyone was inside my mind, Sam talked me through what it could be that we were up against, "Okay those shots could only be from high caliber assault rifles so we could be dealing with the military. No idea how many there are or what they are doing here. We might be compromised."

The fact we were probably dealing with the military was not a reassuring thing. It was broad daylight and I was ill-prepared. I began running through possible escape routes while trying to keep Fluttershy calm. If worse comes down to worse I would have to set off the self-destruct on the apartment which meant triggering the multitude of bombs I had rigged underneath the floor of every apartment block. But what I heard next blew those plans out of the window....

"AAAAAHHHHHH!"

It was screaming. And it sounded female.....in fact it sounded very similar to Fluttershy's scream....

Said pegasus was absolutely silent and still after that scream. She was terrified and rightly so. But those gunshots and that scream got me curious.

I moved out of the room still holding Fluttershy until I was able to see the television screen. Of the many adjustments I had made to this abandon place was a camera system which I could view through the screen here or in the bunker.

"TV. Cameras." I ordered to the black box which promptly turn on to a field of static before showing a view through the camera outside my door into the lot. I could see at least six uniformed men trying to get over the gate while a young girl in a tattered black dress was running towards the stairs to the second level.

I got a closer look at the men and saw they had light machine guns and were wearing uniforms with armor colored grey and a dark red with insignias on their chests that I easily recognized, "It's the Hand..."

"The Hand?! Well we're boned!"

"What's the Hand?" asked Fluttershy.

"Private police for the Capitol. They're worse than the military could ever be." I answered to which she whimpered into my arms.

"Alright that's it we are leaving!" Guard shouted, "We have no chance against them. We have to leave until they're done with they're business and hopefully they'll leave without searching the place."

I was about to answer when I heard something above me. The floor between the second and first floors were just thin enough you could hear it when someone was moving in the apartment above you. The girl was trying to hide right above me. I knew this wasn't going to be good.

I hunkered down again with enough room to see the cameras still and I could see the men had cleared the fence and were running up the stairs quickly. I prayed they wouldn't find her but through another camera I could see they were busting down every door and searching the rooms.

"No no no they're going to find her!"

"Jacob do not engage there's too many of them and we don't have any way of actually fighting them!"

"I can't just sit here and let them kill her! They are the very men I vowed to kill!"

"Jacob there is a one in five thousands chance of getting out of that fight alive!"

"NEVER TELL A SCHIZOPHRENIC TERRORIST WITH FIRE WEAPONS THE ODDS SAM! IT JUST MAKES THEM MORE DETERMINED!"

".........what he said."

This argument was pointless because at this point I didn't care what my chances were; I wasn't going to let that girl get killed. I had taken a vow to protect people like her from men like the Hand. And I wasn't going to just sit here.

I could hear the men getting closer to the room she was in and I just prayed she was well hidden.

"Look," I started to say, "What would you guys do? This girl is about to be killed and we can't just sit here and hide."

"Yes we can."

"Shut up!"

Let me ask you something, you ever had an argument with yourselves? It can get pretty frustrating.

"Jacob what about Fluttershy? What would we do about her? There's too much at risk here."

I stopped and tried to think about that and what would happen to her. If she saw or heard what I would do to those men I don't know what it would do to her. But my thoughts were interrupted by a crash followed by a scream above me. The Hand had found her. I could hear them shouting and beating her and she was screaming at the top of her lungs. I had had enough.

I put down Fluttershy and started to move to the door, "You know what fuck this! Fluttershy stay here and stay hidden."

"Jacob what the hell are you doing!?"

"Jacob wait!" Fluttershy called out. I forced myself to keep moving. The struggle above us was getting worse.

"Jacob stop right now and think about this!"

"This is not a good idea man!"

"Jacob no!"

"Jacob!-"

*BLAM!*

My hand was frozen on the doorknob which I was halfway through turning. No one made a noise or moved a muscle. We all knew what that was....

It was a gunshot....from the room above.....and the girl had stopped screaming....

Fluttershy began to silently cry...








Above me I could hear the men speaking, "What the hell man? I almost had her in the right position!"

"She was yelling too loud and giving me a headache. Don't worry she's still warm."

"No damnit you know I don't swing that way!"

"Well I do. Move over."






At that point, my vision started turning red and a sound like rushing wind filled my hearing. My heartbeat began to thud like cannons in mid-siege. I had entered what was called "the manic state" where I felt nothing but pure rage and a vicious bloodlust. None of the guys spoke and I could see them all backing off save for Tom who was just as angry as I was.

After that I remember telling Fluttershy to hide under the bed and close her eyes and cover her ears and to never come out no matter what happens. She did just that the minute she heard my voice. For it wasn't mine, it was something else. I shut the bedroom door and then opened up the bunker.

I remember putting on the armor and coat and gloves and mask.....

I remember grabbing a gun and my sword.....a single edge katana......very sharp....

I remember walking outside of my apartment in the rain and climbing up to the second level. I stood in the entrance and beheld the scene. There were six men; one was standing close to the door with his back to me. Another was in the kitchen and one was lounging on the couch, presumably asleep.

The other three were in the bedroom, two of them were watching the other doing unspeakable things to the dead girl’s body.....

I could see her blood on the wall......it was a nice apartment with wooden floors and nice carpet and clean furniture......there were beautiful vases on shining tables......and picture frames adorning the walls with smiling faces in them.....

But all I saw was red.....

The sword was in my right hand and I slowly walked over to stand directly behind the man in the doorway. He must have felt like someone was standing behind him because he slowly started to turn around. His face went from confused to shock to fear as he saw my mask beneath the dark hood. He let out a cry and raised his gun up but I was quicker. My sword went up in a swishing blur and his hands came off, cleanly sliced at the wrists. He cried in pain and fell to his knees as he saw his hands fall. The others all turned in surprise at the sound and the one on the couch was jolted awake. They saw their comrade on his knees with blood spewing from the stumps where his hands used to be, crying out in pain.

Then the sword came down and across his neck. There was very little resistance and his screaming ceased. He had a shocked expression frozen on his face as his head slowly tilted backwards and fell off his body onto the floor. The others all stared at his disembodied head as his body became a fountain of red that slowly tilted over and fell.

So much red....

The two in the doorway of the bedroom started to raise their guns as the one on the bed started to scramble out. I threw a small cylinder that went off with a flash and a bang, blinding the three. The one in the kitchen looked over to his gun that he had left on the counter while the one on the couch was slowly reaching for his.

Through my eyes, which were bathed in red, everything seemed slow to me. The soldier in the kitchen lunged for his gun but I just threw the sword. It sliced through the air and caught him in the shoulder, pinning him to the wall. While he wailed, I turned to the one who was trying to get off the couch. I pulled out my gun and proceeded to empty the seven shot magazine into him. I felt the numbing recoil only as a small vibration and the sound like it was under water. The casings all fell on the floor and made a beautiful clinking noise on the wood. The man’s body was blown back onto the couch by the blows and he was rocked back and forth as red explosions appeared with every impact. The final shot entered his nasal cavity and exited out his brain stem.

I then dropped the gun and walked over to the one in the kitchen. He was desperately trying to reach his gun which was just out of his reach. I grasped his throat and took hold of the hilt of the sword. There were tears in his eyes as I rotated the blade and stared at him with my expressionless and horrifying gaze that only a gas mask could deliver.

I finally yanked out the sword and took a step back as he staggered from the pain. I then slashed diagonally down his chest, cutting him wide open. He fell to his knees and started to scream. But as his mouth opened I plunged the sword down his throat with all my strength. I felt it cut right through the spinal cord, as quick as a bullet.

There was a choking and gurgling noise from his throat as blood began to flow from his mouth......I pulled the sword out and let his body fall forward onto the floor.....from his twitching body came rivers of red that flowed over the tile.......and Tom began to laugh.....

The two in the doorway were beginning to recover as one raised his gun and aimed at me with red eyes filled with tears and barely able to be opened. His gun let a small burst as five bullets came at me. I ducked and rolled on the floor out of the kitchen and stopped right in front of them. He turned to fire again and his comrade was still trying to get his eyes to focus. I ran full tilt as bullets began to fly by me, like trying to stop a raging bull but I somehow came out unscathed. I held the sword out and thrust it forward, applying my momentum and strength to stab the man firing at me with enough force to have it exit out the other side. I knew I hit his heart when he began to choke in blood.

His friend let out a yell as he turned and aimed at me. I simply grabbed the man on my sword and turned to put him in front of me. The other then decided to empty his clip into the meat shield. The body convulsed violently as he absorbed all the bullets with only a few exiting to bounce of my armor. Soon a clicking noise sounded that signal the other ones doom. He stared dumbfounded at his empty gun as I pulled my sword out and pushed the dead and mangled body out of the way. He tried to say something but I wouldn't let him. I sliced cleanly though the air as he stopped and slowly felt his throat. A small trickle of blood began to run down the cut as he started choking. He slowly fell down, grabbing my coat as he fell. He lay on the ground trying breath as more and more blood flowed through his fingers. I then brought up the sword and jammed it down through his chests. He finally died with a last gasp....

Now all that remained was the one who killed the girl. I slowly turned my head to stare at him. He was frozen halfway through pulling his zipper up. He decide it wasn't important as he pulled out a sidearm. He fired and the small round impacted on my armor. It made me take a step back but I felt nothing. He stared with an open mouth as he pulled the trigger two more times. One hit the armor and the other missed and I decided not to give him another chance. I stomped on the butt of one of the assault rifles and sent it flipping in the air. I caught it and pointed it at the man with one hand. He tried to fire again but I shot at the hand holding the gun and blew his fingers off. He yelled but I silenced him by placing another shot in his groin. He grasped the bleeding area and staggered as he looked down at his destroyed nether regions. I dropped the gun and walked over to him. He looked up into my mask and said in a small weak voice, "Mercy!"

I then place a foot on his chest and pushed him over on his back. I walked over and sat on chest, pinning his arms under my knees. I looked down at him and heard my voice again, "MeRcy? YoU dArE ASk fOr mErCY AFter yOU ShOwED tHis gIRl NoNe? AFtEr YoU bEAt Her anD kILLed hEr aND NoW dESeCraTe HeR bODY?"

The man began to whimper as he realized he didn't have an answer. I laid my sword down and clench my fists.

"SoRRy," I said as I raised my arm up and cocked my elbow, "No MErcY foR yOu ToDAy."

I brought down my fist with enough force to create a bang and shake the floor. The man started wailing as I began to pound his head ruthlessly. Each hit caused the furniture to shake and the floor to creak. His wailing changed to groaning then to a sickening moaning as his skull continued to cave inward. He was dead after the first six hits but I kept going, his body twitching with each one. I finally brought my fist up one last time and with a roar slammed it into him. The result was his head bursting like a melon being hit a hammer. Grey matter and blood exploded outward covered the room.

I sat there panting heavily as I felt myself become exhausted. I fell over and lay next to the body. While I laid there I heard something from the floor underneath me.

It was crying....

I don't really quite remember what happened then.....I think I walked out of the room....my boots splashing in the blood....but it was like I was watching myself walk.....then I was outside.....and it was raining.....the blood that splashed on me began to wash away.....I walked down the stairs and stopped in the lot.....

And then it all just faded into black....

Author's Note:

You were warned....




So this is my first gory violence scene and it wont be the last. So I wanted to ask if I did a good job and if I should fix anything. I just want to know if it was violent enough and with enough detail and all.

I know its kind of late but the reason for that is well.....kind of been a bad week but I'm still moving along and the self insert collab is almost done and the next two chapters are gonna be put out at the same time because their gonna be short. So yeah that's happening and also if you can I would appreciate it if this story got promoted a little. Just to make me feel better you know.

Hope you enjoyed it and I haven't ruined your lunch. Heh
Wilde out.