• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,499 Views, 57 Comments

Me, my-selves, and Fluttershy: The Story of the Firestarter - SMWilde



What happens when a schizophrenic terrorist and the kind fluttershy meet?

  • ...
5
 57
 1,499

Chapter 5: A good morning surprise

My eyes slowly open to reveal the sunlight seeping through the blinds of my window. I slowly start to move as I check the time on the clock. 9:47. I look at where I'm sleeping with confusion. Why am I in my chair? And why am I gripping my magnum? I stood up and took off the heavy coat and reach in to carefully take out the guns and set them back where I got them. I was so tired I made a beeline straight to the coffee maker not noticing the lump in my bed. I stumble into the kitchen rubbing my eyes trying to remember what happened last night. I start my coffee and lean against the kitchen counter as I hammered my brain trying to remember everything.

"Something happened last night but I can't recall what it was. I remember a storm and a meeting but.....agh there's something missing."

Soon my coffee had finished and I tried to take a sip but like always it was way too hot for me. I set it down and feeling cold start back to the bedroom to get dressed.

The minute I'm in the doorway I look up and suddenly I'm face to face with two huge eyes. Now I wasn't expecting it and neither was she so our initial reaction was along the lines of loud screaming. She dashed under the coffee table and I ran and ducked behind the kitchen counter, instinctively reaching for a weapon but there was none to be found. At that moment those eyes started to trigger the rest of my brain to wake up and I remembered everything. So I stood and peeked over the counter at the coffee table. I could see her pink tail poking out and the table was shaking. Then it occurred to me what happened. She must have woken up and seeing that I wasn't in the chair she wanted to find me so she decides to fly to the living room. I wasn't expecting her to be flying and she wasn't expecting me to be right there behind the door. She must be one of those types who is easily startled. I walk over to the table and reach down and yank on her tail saying "Gotcha!"

She squeals and zooms up from underneath the table to the ceiling and looks down at me. My theory has thus proven correct. She suddenly realizes it’s just me and sighs a breath of relief before blushing with embarrassment. I'm giggling like a little two year old and wave her down to eye level.

"Sorry Fluttershy. I didn't mean to scare you. But that's one way of waking up huh?"

She slowly flew down to land on the couch as she started to laugh a little too.

"Yeah..." she said in a whisper, "Sorry I ran into you. I just saw that you weren't in the room and....... wanted to find you......"

Hmm interesting....

"It’s ok Fluttershy. I must admit I didn't know you could fly plus I'm always slow to start in the morning." I said with a small chuckle.

She smiled at me and the sight of that filled me with this strange feeling again. I had no idea what it was and surprisingly I didn't want it to go away.

The screams had awoken the guys inside and they came bursting out in full force.

"What happened?! We heard screaming is everything alright?!" Guard asked worriedly.

I sheepishly explained what all had gone down and after a few moments of silence they began to laugh hysterically. I just sneered and swallowed my embarrassment while I returned to to my living room. I looked down at Fluttershy who was still staring up at me. I did my best to smile and try to put her at ease.

"Did you get enough rest then? Were you comfortable?" I asked.

"Yes I feel much better thank you. You have a very soft bed."

I laughed a little and then asked if she was hungry. She said yes and I asked what she would like.

"Um well.....what do you have?" she asked.

I suddenly realized that I probably didn't have anything that a pony could eat. I also had to make sure to stay away from meat. That would not be a good thing. I walked to the refrigerator and looked around inside for a minute. Not finding anything I checked the freezer. Then I saw that I had some waffles left.

"Do you like waffles?" I asked with an awkward smile.

She giggled a little at this and said, "Yes actually. I like waffles." And then she started giggling again. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's just that waffles is a funny word to me." She said and started to laugh again.

Her laughter took me away again and I couldn't help but join her. I suddenly felt something in me that I've never felt before. It was a new feeling and it felt good but it scared me a little. Was this what Jay was talking about? I had no idea but it was a feeling I wanted to hold on to and not let go of. I shook myself and grabbed the box out of the freezer. As I walked over to the toaster I asked, "How many would you like? You can have as many as you want. I'm sure you're very hungry."

Even as I said this I heard a growl come from her stomach. She blushed from embarrassment at this and said, "Sorry. I am quite hungry. Is four ok?"

Her blushing face and growling stomach made me chuckle a little and the feeling came back. Again I had no idea what it was or what to do about it so I just tried to force it back.

"Of course it is." I said, as I took out four frozen waffles and stuck them in the toaster. As they were cooking I asked if she wanted anything to drink. She said milk would be fine so I poured her a glass and set it down in front of her with a straw.

Then her waffles popped out of the toaster and I got her plate all set up with butter and syrup on them. I wasn't that hungry so I simply grabbed some pop-tarts, which were on the illegal food list by the way, and set her plate down on the table in front of her and then I took my place on the other side of her and as she started eating I sipped my coffee and said, "So Fluttershy, how about you tell me how you got here?"

Her mouth was full of waffle at the moment and she just nodded her head and swallowed. She wiped her mouth and took a sip of milk as she began, "Well......it was because of that storm...."