• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,499 Views, 57 Comments

Me, my-selves, and Fluttershy: The Story of the Firestarter - SMWilde



What happens when a schizophrenic terrorist and the kind fluttershy meet?

  • ...
5
 57
 1,499

Chapter 9: A Fiery Deposit

Chapter 9: A fiery deposit

Dreams.....
Awful dreams...
That's all I remember that night....

I woke up with a start and looked around with wide eyes as sweat fell down my forehead. All I could see was darkness barely lite by the crescent moon through the window but I could feel my heart beating heavily in my throat. It was the same dream I've always had: trapped in a burning house watching these four people burn to death in front of me while I could do nothing to get to them and save them. I had no idea why that dream kept haunting me but I freaking hated it.

I hauled myself to a sitting position on the coach I had been sleeping on the past few nights. I steadied my breathing for a few minutes and stared at the clock. It was 11:33, a whole 27 minutes before I was supposed to get up. I sighed heavily and held my head in my hands. Oh well, like they say the early bird gets the worm.

"Or in this case the mounds of cash and a chance to blow up a bank before sunup."

"Fantastic, you're all up too."

"Yup wouldn't miss this for the world."

"Well alrighty then. Let’s get this over with."

I stood up and turned to go into the headquarters but I stopped and instead turned back to look at the bedroom entrance. I couldn't help but worry about her. What if she woke up while I wasn't here....?

"She'll be fine Jacob. We'll be back before she notices."

I hesitated for a few more minutes before nodding and quickly making my way to the shelves and pushed them aside. I opened the hidden door and walked right up to where my armor was, time to get ready.





It always takes a while to get all of this shit on but each was special designed to be fire and bullet proof. I wore under-armor beneath it all to avoid being chaffed by the rough material of the black pants and thick shirt. I slipped on the bullet proof vest that looked like a set of roman armor. Steel boots and leather gloves with hard knuckles were the next to go on and finally the coat. It was a heavy, long, and black coat that was fire proof but also could hold a fire on it for a time without being harmed. It had many hidden places for weapons, inside its folds and in the sleeves. Finally I picked up my mask, my most important piece. It covered my whole head and had two respirator prongs at the mouth and the eyes were mirrored. This is what I chose to be my symbol and for my enemies to fear and the people to find hope in. A tactic used many times before me and now it shall be used again.

I put the mask over my face and sealed it in the back. My breathing sounded heavy and ragged through the respirators but it was all filtered and kept me from choking in smoke and other hazardous gases. It also warped my voice making it dark, metallic, and muffled.

Finally I flipped the hood of the coat over my head and hauled the heavy duffel bag over my shoulder. I was ready at last.

"Alright boys," I said as I stepped outside in the dark night, "Lets burn shit."






It was foggy that night thank God so I was even more concealed as I ran through the woods of the hills around the town. I stopped and looked down through the fog and I could make out the silhouette of the bank. A fence protected the back of the building where the electric box was. I had to get to that if I wanted to shut off all of the security. But first I needed to get rid of the guards and I had a nasty plan for that.

I snuck closer and saw a locked gate in the fence; I just had to lure them out. I reached into the bag and took out two devices: one was a small box and the other was an MP3 player. I hit a button in the box and tossed it over the fence. A small whining noise sounded from the box as it activated. The box was an EMP that would cause the cameras close to it to partially lose picture. I just had to wait for the guards to notice.

Sure enough two flashlights appeared in the fog as the two security guards walked around to the back of the building. They stopped right by the box and began to argue with each other, "I told you to get this damn thing inspected!"

"It’s fine Bill it's not like anyone's robbing us. Who would be crazy enough to do that?"

Gee I wonder.....

I turned on the MP3 and selected a track titled “Decoy 1” and my voice altered to sound like a person in pain came out of the speakers, “Help…”

“What was that?” one of the guards said, turning around and shining his light in my direction but the fog kept me well hidden.

“What was what?” the other one asked.

“Help…”

“That! Did you hear that?”

“Yeah I did. Come on we better check this out.”

The guards walked over to the gate and unlocked it; swinging it open on rusty hinges that screeched in the night. They walked over to stand right in front of the fence just in front of me. They shone their lights in vain trying to see anything in the fog. I waited a few seconds before tossing the player through the air and it landed right between them. They started and looked down at the small MP3 wondering what it was when it sounded again, “Help…” and their looks changed for ones of confusion to shock.

I then stood and slowly began to walk forward in a menacing fashion. They both heard me approaching and when they looked up they could finally see me. Their faces became twisted in fear as they beheld me. Good, that meant the mask was working. They both dropped their torches and brought out their pistols, aiming them at me in shaking hands.

“Don’t c-c-come any closer!” the one called Bill said.

I took another step forward and then a bigger one; quickly closing the gap between us as I grabbed the guns and twisted their arms. They yelled and dropped the pistols as I bent back their arms painfully. I then grasped their heads and banged them together, knocking them out cold. They fell against the fence and slid down it together and a clinking noise could be heard.

Now that those two were out it was time to set up. I immediately went through the gate and to the electric box. The idiots had left this open too and all I had to do was make sure all the appropriate wires were cut.

There we go. I could now step out to where the cameras were and past security. Now came the easy part, I walked along the building placing the C4 bricks all along the sides. I spaced them out and made sure to keep a few for the inside. I then hauled myself onto the roof and set the big bomb right above where the vault should be. I set the timer on the fireworks for 15 minutes and placed some more C4 and made my way to the entrance where the guards came from. I pushed open the door slowly and waited to make sure nothing went off. Silence was all that greeted me and I made my way inside. I set bricks all throughout the lobby and in the back. Soon the duffel bag was empty and ready to hold some wads of cash.

I stood in front of the big vault door and used the guards’ key cards to open it.

“How much do you think is there?”

“I don’t know. Could be a lot or not that much at all.”

“Just grab as much as we can carry and get out of there.”

“I know guys I know.”

The vault light clicked green and the mechanism unlocked itself. I spun the huge handle and pulled the thick door open. I pulled a small light out of my pocket and turned it on, illuminating the room.

“Holy Benjamin Franklin….”

The room was literally overflowing with cash, the shelves were jammed with the green paper and it covered the floor hiding it underneath it all. In the corners were mountains of hundreds and fifties. The tables in the room were stacked high with money and a single breeze could topple them over. They had just dumped it all here without even bothering to organize it.

The guys all appeared next to me and we all stared at the great amount of dosh. Everyone had their jaws on the floor save for me, Hank, and Tom. Tom and I were grinning devilishly while Hank….

“CANNONBALL!” he yelled as he ran towards a pile and jumped into it only to completely phase through it. “DAMNIT!”

“Sorry Hank, maybe tonight in your dreams.” said Tom smartly. I rushed over to the same pile and began to stuff as much as I could into the bag. Hundred dollar bills all wrapped together were stuck as neatly as possible in the bag and Hank poked his unreal head out of the pile and said, “Oh man, I wonder how much we’re getting out of this and how much we’re burning. I mean look at this!”

“Yes Hank,” I said as I forced the zipper shut on the bag. It was almost about to burst with the money inside. “We will count all this later and this is certainly a big score for us but now I suggest we leave as we have ten seconds before the bomb goes off.”

His eyes widened and he disappeared back into my conscience as did everyone else. I stood and ran out of the vault and back outside. I walked out of the gate and made sure to shut it behind me. As I passed the guards a voice made me stop, “Jacob? The guards?”

I sighed and said, “What about them?”

“They are in the blast radius. They haven’t done anything wrong and we need to move them to a safe distance.”

“Grrrrr fine!”

I walked over and grabbed the two blundering idiots by their collars and dragged their heavy asses a safe distance up the hill behind the bank and set them down against a log. I took their handcuffs and locked them onto the log together. I also stole their guns.

Now we had a good view of the show and not a moment too soon. The counter hit zero and the fireworks began shooting up into the sky. They exploded together and the sound they made came together to form a song. It was a song the people of this nation had sang together for a long time and now was no more but today it was coming back with a vengeance.

“Oh say can you see? By the dawns early light?” I sang with it and the guys all joined in.

“What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave…….”

At that time the guards started stirring and they woke to see me and the fireworks shooting overhead. The show hit a pause and I brought out a small cylinder with a latch on top. The guards saw this and a horrified expression came on their faces as the song came to a close.

“For the land of the free….”

I flipped open the trigger and rested my thumb on the button.

“And the home…..of the….”

“NOOOO!” the guards yelled.

“Brave.”

*click*

Down below several explosions began going off as the C4 bricks went off one after another along the walls of the bank and on the roof the breach bomb on the big boy blasted a good hole in the roof and the box containing the bomb fell through landing amid the mounds of cash and tiny clusterbombs all shot out of their tubes and rolled around before going off in fiery explosions lighting the paper up and eating through it more rapidly than Fluttershy with her waffles. The fire engulfed the whole building and the C4 bricks began to topple the foundation and the building began to sag.

Then the main bomb detonated and the building swelled before bursting out in a bright fireball that reached up several meters into the air and rubble went everywhere as the whole building was obliterated. The fireball faded slowly and the sound of the explosion echoed for several minutes as pieces of the bank fell back down. Where the building was there was only a fiery ruin. You couldn’t tell what was there once and not a single dollar survived.

I looked down at the two guards who still had those horrified expressions as they saw their bank destroyed. They were speechless and would probably be in shock for several days. I took out an envelope and dropped it between them and said, “Pleasure doing business with you boys.”

I then slung the bag on my shoulder and sauntered away whistling the tune of the AC/DC song “Money Talks” as happy as I have ever been. Now all that I wanted to do was get home and check on Fluttershy and count my prize….

Author's Note:

HI.
Hey.
Yeah I know kind of late with this.
Sorry.
Been busy,
Really busy
Working on something big.
I'll fill you all in later.
For now enjoy the explosions.
Thanks for your patience
Sorry again