• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,499 Views, 57 Comments

Me, my-selves, and Fluttershy: The Story of the Firestarter - SMWilde



What happens when a schizophrenic terrorist and the kind fluttershy meet?

  • ...
5
 57
 1,499

Chapter 4: Group meeting

As I laid back in the chair I decided it was time for a group discussion on what the fuck just happened here. I closed my eyes and delved in to where I knew they would be waiting for me. Sure enough everyone was there and seated at our usual meeting table. I looked around at them and saw they were eager to talk about our newest roommate.

"Well?" I said, "What are your thoughts on this guys?"

The first to speak was the one I've always considered to be the leader of the bunch. He goes by Guard and he is definitely the most outlandish one of the bunch. For one thing his skin is black like coal and his face is hidden behind a even darker skintight black mask. His voice is deep and rumbles as he speaks.

"Hmmmm...." he started, "I honestly do not know Jacob. She is not from this world I think we can agree on that but she seems to act like a human even though she is a pony. There are many questions which needed answers. I think the best we can do is get as much information out of her as we can and go from there."

Everyone else nodded their heads in agreement and even I thought this our best choice.

"I agree Guard; maybe taking this one step at a time is our best option. But does anyone else have anything to add to this or would like to bring up something that should be discussed."

The one I identified as Sam raised his hand. He was a skinny pale figure with nerdy glasses who loved to analyze things and is mostly just your average nerd. His voice was similar to mine yet it was lighter. He is obsessed with details and questions and never misses anything. Well almost.

"I have something I think should be taken care of. How are we going to take care of her? Do we know what she eats? Or drinks? How are we going to get this? How are we going to afford this? These are things we must discuss if we are going to keep her and care for her until everything gets sorted out. I know our priority now is getting her home but-"

Guard interrupted him knowing he would go on forever.

"Yes Sam these are important things and we will come up with the means but we need to take this, as Jacob said, a step at a time." he said with a stern voice.

"Sorry" said Sam realizing he was overdoing things.

I smiled and said, "It's alright Sam I'm glad you brought all that up. I must admit I didn't think about that."

I looked around the table to see if anyone else wanted to speak. Mostly everyone was silent except for two to my left that sat next to each other. One was bouncing in his chair and the other was wringing his hands.
"Hank? Angus? Do you two have something to share?"

Hank or just H as we called him was the smallest of the bunch but quick witted and all around he was just a comedian. His bald head was usually hidden underneath a blue hoodie, His voice reminded me of those hyper active stand up guys who talked too fast. All in all he just liked to make us smile with his antics.

"No no not me man, not me. I'm just excited, really excited, and anxious about this. I'm as lost as you man. That's it. Don't mind me y'all." he said still bouncing up in his chair. Angus, the giant next to him, had to put a hand on his shoulder to get him to calm down. Then he turned to me. Hank had made him lighten up a little but I could still see the worry in his eyes.

Angus was an odd one, he had blonde spikey hair and a goatee of the same color on his angular face. He liked to wear huge coats and for the most part just seemed to be a jolly giant. Why he was one of my selves I didn't know but I always listened when he spoke.

"Wha I've got ta say is mighty important fellas." His voice had a thick accent to it making him very distinct in arguments. Everyone leaned in to hear him.

"I'm a tad worried about how this is gonna affect ar fight against tha Republic. How are we gonna pull anathing off with her ta take care of? I know she is rather important to us but it would be a huge disappointment to cease ar exploits. How could we do this without putting Flu'ershy in any danger?"

For a moment I was stunned. I had not thought about that. Everyone, even Hank, sat still and silent in deep thought. I ran a hand over my eyes and at the same time open them outside to check on Fluttershy. She was still asleep in the same way I had left her. I wondered if she was dreaming at the moment of home.

I closed my eyes again and returned to the meeting, still silent and still. Until a smoky voice said, "We can pull this off still if we try."

I looked up at the being who had spoken. It was Tom. Now Tom was that side of me that I wished wasn't there but I knew he was important. He was my reminder why I fought and every day he made sure to do his job.

"We can continue our activities but we must be more careful than ever. We can do it at night while she sleeps. And as for supplies we need only ask what she desires and make sure we stay stocked on it. We will adapt to this in time. Once everything has been situated will be the best time to pick our activities back up. Agreed?"

For once I was glad he was here. I smiled and nodded as did everyone else.

"Agreed." I said.

Both Guard and Angus said, "Aye!"

All others nodded, their faces showing a mixture of emotions. Hank seemed even more excited. I was afraid he was going to fall out of his chair he was shaking so hard.

"Very well then. We will find out more in the morning and go from there. And once all things have been set up we will start our crusade again with the safety of Fluttershy in mind. Thank you all for your words. It has helped greatly. Meeting adjourned."

After everyone stood up and started to leave to wherever it was they go in my subconsciousness, one of them came up to me. It was Jay. He was by far the wisest of them all with his fancy suit and tie and his voice sounded like a teacher, full of wisdom and kindness. "Jacob. A word please?" he said.

"Of course Jay. What is it?"

He looked around to see that no one was eavesdropping and leaned in to whisper, "I'm concerned about how this will affect you being around her. You've already showed signs of major change. You mustn't get too attached to her. You don't know when she might be taken back home. Just take this advice and choose your next decisions wisely my friend. We are all here for you but this is all you now."

I was silent for a while as I took in his words. He was right but I couldn't imagine not getting fully attached to her.

"Thank you Jay." I said, "I will remember your words in the future."

"Good" he said, "Now you best get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a big day."

"Ok....... Jay do you think that whatever brought this creature here might be able to take me back with her. It might be our way out of this world."

Jay put his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes.

"I know Jacob but you can't think like that now. You don't know if you can. You don't know what will happen. Guard and Tom are right. We need to take this a step at a time. For now you need sleep. We will talk more tomorrow."

"Oh" I said, "Ok.....thanks Jay. I guess I should sleep. Good night. Talk to you tomorrow."

"Good night Jacob."

And then they were all gone. I opened my eyes one last time to check on Fluttershy. Still asleep. Good. I couldn't keep awake any longer. I shut my eyes and fell into a deep slumber filled with dreams of fire and smoke.