• Published 27th Nov 2012
  • 1,965 Views, 42 Comments

Journey of Saiyans (Twin Version) - Boyzilla



Raze's Journey x Saiyan of Equestria Crossover. Ken and Kira were sparring like the twin siblings they were, when suddenly a strange blue box containing a saiyan came out of nowhere! Who is this strange man? And when is dinner gonna be ready?

  • ...
12
 42
 1,965

Chapter 8: A Locked Darkness

Crossover Saga

Chapter 8: A Locked Darkness

Ever get a feeling of being hopelessly divided between saying yes or no to a small child, who ask to play with you? This happened to be what Raze probably had to go through as the full-blooded saiyan warrior found himself between, ignoring everything around him, and playing ridiculous non-saiyan-like games with a pair of half-breed twins.

Kira pouted, and decided to pull out the big guns. Her small saiyan tail began wiggling behind her adorably, and her eyes goggled upward in the fashion of PDE, Puppy Dog Eyes. Then to finish it off, she said her next work with her most childish voice to date.

"Pwease." Kira finished in a cute matter.

Ken, sitting down next to the toys, looked toward Raze to find their sensei's eyes twitching. Ken let out a small giggle as no doubt Raze was going through a massive internal battle of trying to say no. So, Ken, being the mischievous yet very kind brother that he is. Decided to aid his twin sibling by helping her persuade Raze to play with them.

So here the two twins were, staring at Raze with a double Puppy Dog Eyes.

"I'll play with you! Just please, stop with that... That thing that you’re both doing!" Raze pleaded.

"Alright!" The two twins yelled in victory, giving each other a high-five.

Ken and Kira then proceeded to drag Raze upstairs to their room, where Ken dived into the toy chest and brought out a bucket full of what looked like, Legos. Placing the bucket on the carpet, the three saiyans, two of which are hybrids, sat down and began to build things.

Ken and Kira's human halfs seemed to be easily intrigued by the possibilities of what they could build with the Legos. Problem was, they wanted to build something grand and big! Only, they didn't know where to start.

"Let's build a town!" Kira said.

"No, a castle is cooler!" Ken suggested as his twin sister nodded in agreement that a castle would be 'cooler'.

They dumped the Legos onto the trimmed carpet flooring, then scratched their heads at where to start.

Raze rolled his eyes just a bit, before grabbing a green Lego platform and placing it in front of the two eight year olds. The twins watched as Raze built the general outline of a castle with Legos. Ken and Kira then caught up quickly as they proceeded to start building onto the outline.

What seemed to be minutes...

Turned into hours...

And the sun fallen, and a crescent moon appeared high in the sky.

By the time the twins and Raze were done, a grand two foot tall medieval castle stood in the center of the room. Raze glanced toward his legs to find Ken sleeping on one, and Kira sleeping on the other. Using his legs as pillows when they had drifted to sleep half an hour ago.

Raze placed them into the twin bunker beds, if he said anything, they couldn't hear as they were fast asleep and the lights shut off.


Chris 'Karmal' Dell, Z-fighter, and surrogate brother of Goku, uncle to Gohan, and father of the twins. Continued to do what he did best, be bored. Well, constantly being stuck in a make-believe area gets boring after a while. But anyhow, Chris opened his capsule house's door, and walked into what he referred as the 'Hobby Room'. This room happens to be where our Z-fighter monitors the outside world.

Unfortunately, for said Z-fighter, his senses went haywire.

Chris jumped to his feet, "Something is wrong!" He yelled to no one. Quickly, Chris flew straight out of the house, ignoring it being partially destroyed, toward two particular doors. One door was pure white, this led to Ken's mindscape and dreamscape, another was pitch black, this is where both Chris and Ken locked the horrors of the experience on Ken's Earth.

The father of the twins entered the black doorway, and stepped on the white marble inside. He sensed the disturbance in here, more than usual. "Strange, something is up in here...

He journeyed down the hallway, and began sensing someone, someone he had told twice before to not enter Ken’s mindscape. Disapproval crossed Chris’ face as he approached the first mind lock gate of Ken’s horrid memories. There in front of the lock, stood three beings. One being Raze, another being Discord, and a third that looked different.

The third looks to be some sort of muscular replication of Raze, with the exception that his skin, hair, and eye color were completely off; the sort clone was nearly twice the size of Raze, easily taller than himself, as well as the replication have strange jewelry that Chris swore he had seen before…

A founder of the original Z-fighters shook his head, now was not the time for a flash back to whatever it reminded him of.

”Raze! Discord! Why are you here!” Chris yelled in anger, revealing himself to the three. ”How could you! I told you repeatedly not to go into Ken’s mind, and you do it anyway! You think I had no good reason to say it?” He finished, his Ki levels rising quickly.

Discord shook his claw and paw in front of himself, “No Chris, you don’t understand, you see-”

“Shove it Discord! It’s you who has the power to enter minds in the first place!” The Z-fighter snapped at Discord.

“Chris, Fhaze was going to open these gates within Ken! He kept blabbing about a great power within that he was going to steal for himself!” Raze explained.

Chris narrowed his eyes at the unknown figure that Raze had dubbed, ‘Fhaze’, everyone around him was tense and ready for a fight. Clearly this ‘Fhaze’ wasn’t of the good sort, his appearance sure gives it away. ”I don’t know what you’re playing at, but all you’ll find within those mind locks are horrors, memories, and nightmares of Ken’s dark past. If you open them you’ll be causing my son great mental trauma!”

‘Fhaze’ laughed darkly, “Like I give a f*@# about a little snot-nosed brat.”

Raze shouted at his alter ego, “Ken is a hundred times better than you could ever be!”

“You should’ve been training, not babysitting a bunch of weakling brats!” Fhaze retorted.

Chris replied to Fhaze, ”Ken and Kira are not weak, the rate they progress is faster than both Goku and I’s combined. In a year they’ve went from average human, to a power level greater than Frieza’s first form! Faster than even Gohan could! Without the benefit of advanced training equipment such as gravity training either.”

“I could easily do the same thing after I take control of Raze’s body. Those dumbass tykes are nothing special.”

“You’re wrong Fhaze, and you’ll never win! Take this!” Raze yelled.

Raze summoned a low powered red sphere of Ki energy into his hands, before he push them forward to form a technique that seem to draw in the air around it. Chris recognized it immediately having dealt with it the day before.

“Flash Cannon!” Raze said the name of the technique before the ball burst outward into a wave of energy that came rushing toward Fhaze’s direction.

Fhaze dodged the wave easily, letting it pass and hit the first mind lock gate that shook and blew open, before the wave continued and dissipated down the hallway deeper within. The first thing Chris and the others felt was a emotion of loneliness and sorrow.

“Haha! You fool Raze! Thanks for the gate break, Idiot!” Fhaze mocked as he flew down into the hallway.

”Don’t just stand there! We have to stop him!” Chris yelled, as he himself flew down the hallway toward Fhaze.

“I know that!” Raze replied, clenching his fist in anger at what Fhaze planned to do.

Raze and Discord following just behind him before they meet up with the evil alter ego that is Fhaze. When they all reached the evil version of Raze, they found him already bashing on the next pair of gates with great strength. Chris vanished, appearing beside Fhaze and kicked him away from the mind lock gate. Fhaze replied by engaging Chris in one on one combat, attempting to rid of the Z-fighter so that he could continue his plans.

Fhaze shot his fist forward, aiming to crack the ribs; Chris replied quickly and guided Fhaze’s punch away before countering with an elbow to his left cheek. The evil spirit winced in pain, but shrugged it off and tried to make an explosive Ki blast around him. The Z-fighter’s eyes widened in surprise before he flew back just in time to avoid the blast.

Right after the blast ended, Raze came from behind Fhaze, striking the spirit’s right cheek with his left fist just at the moment he turned around. Annoyed and agitated, Fhaze kicked Raze’s side but the saiyan warrior grabbed his leg and spun Fhaze around then let loose, sending Fhaze plummeting toward Chris.

One Chris ‘Karmel’ Dell gifted a freebie uppercut kick upon Fhaze’s chin. This action caused the villain to be sent flying on to the ceiling, which in turn made him crash face first.

Discord laughed while wiping a tear from his eye, “This is so deliciously chaotic! I may need some popcorn.” He snapped his claws and popcorn appeared in midair.

Discord grabbed the popcorn and watched the fight with amusement.

Fhaze brought himself from the ceiling hole, suspending himself in mid air as he screamed in complete outrage.

“ARGH! D*#@^t! Why do I have to deal with such idiocy?! You’re both getting on my nerves!” Fhaze exclaimed at the two heroes.

Raze smirked, “Guess you just weren’t ready for us!”

Fhaze growled, turning his attention away from our heroes and toward the second mind lock gate. His face turned into one of a malicious smile, before his charged a huge amount of Ki with quick channeling and blasted at the gates with all his might and power. The mind lock gate shook, looking worn down as the blast hit it, but it remained unyielding to Fhaze’s attempt to open it.

“D&*m!” Raze landed behind Fhaze a few feet away.

Raze took on a serious expression, “Just give up already, you can’t break the locks by yourself!”

”Face it, the moment you arrived in my son’s mind, you were doomed from the start.” Chris said firmly.

“Then I’ll just add more power to the blast! Enough power to be rid of you both and that cursed door!” Fhaze exclaimed. The spirit’s Ki levels suddenly spiked, his figure becoming more buff than he was beforehand, black sparks surrounding a greenish aura that had burst into existence around him, and finally a shift of hair color to a more silver colored hue.

“It’s his Nocturne Super Saiyan form! But he’s not the only one with a transformation!” Raze proclaimed, his own self flashing with a gold light before revealing a now Super Saiyan form, hair spiked golden, muscles refined, and a flaming aura around him.

Chris transformed within a split instant, his power spiking higher than Raze’s own. Fhaze appeared only slightly doubtful facing two powerful super saiyans, but like every villain before him, his own pride and ego erased his doubt in order to retain his own ‘superiority’ complex.

Fhaze opened up his palm and a greenish hue charged into it. The hue began to shrink until a small green energy ball appeared in his hand.

’Wait a second, that attack! It’s-!’

“Hahahaha!” Fhaze laughed maniacally, firing the intense energy ball toward the epicenter of all three heroes and Spirit of Chaos. The energy ball imploded outward, sending all three crashing against wall, ground, and ceiling.

Chris couldn’t see, the smoke from the blast blocked his vision, but he could still sense Fhaze’s energy signature. He felt the insane villain move toward the mind lock gate, his eyes widening as suddenly a loud bang was heard before the sudden feeling of dread and fear from Ken’s inner mind washed over everyone.

All three of them quickly recovered, the smoke clearing only for them to see no Fhaze, yet an open mind lock gate.

Chris cursed, ”That’s it, no more mister nice guy,” the Z-fighter said.

Raze raised an eyebrow, “Mister Nice Guy? You call kicking him around being nice? I’d hate to see what you do to guests!”

Chris chose to ignore Raze’s comment, instead focused on transforming to Ascended Super Saiyan, not to be mistaken with his surrogate nephews Super Saiyan Two. Chris’ golden aura spiked outward, his muscles buffing and his form growing bigger as he increased his Ki energy output. He raised his head, gritting his teeth as he felt his power increase by another multiple of ten. When he finished, he let loose a calm breath of air, relaxing his muscles just a bit.

”Ascended form, if your wondering about it, Raze.” Chris explained, before he flew toward where Fhaze had left off too.


Chris arrived to find Fhaze bashing the third most inner mind lock gate, the empowered Z-fighter immediately engaged the evil spirit of Raze’s by blasting him away from the gate with a concentrated Ki blast. Fhaze recovered from the blast, his aura spiking outward as he screamed a battle cry at Chris and engaged him in battle.

Fhaze struck first, sending his right fist toward Chris’ abdomen only to be parried by the Z-fighter’s left arm, which Chris proceeded to strike Fhaze’s own abdomen as payment for attempting to strike his own by hitting it with his right knee. Fhaze shrugged it off only just barely, unused to being hit by just a muscular form as himself; Fhaze’s left leg found contact with Chris’ right wrist before following up with a twist of his body which allowed him to strike the Z-fighter’s head with his free leg.

Chris staggered a bit back, but rushed forward and delivered a critical blow to Fhaze’s stomach which winded him out. He then kicked Fhaze back, and quickly did motions of cupping his hands together up front and bringing to the sides.

”Kamehameha!” He yelled quickly, a blue light forming in his palms before he released it with utmost speed upon Fhaze’s winded form. The blue wave of energy crashing on the evil spirit and sending him down the hallway, which was further away from the third mind lock gate.

Raze flew forward only to see Fhaze’s body land before him and make a indent into the floor. Fhaze shakily rolled over and pushed himself back onto his feet.

Raze backed up as Fhaze focused a glare of pure venomous rage at himself, “I swear that I’ll kill you and this fool before the end of this day!”

When Raze didn’t respond, Fhaze powered himself up again, “RAAGGGH! I will take your mind! I will kill your friends, your family, and your loved ones!”

“If you think that I’m going to let that happen, then you must have never been a piece of me at all!” Raze replied with a glare of his own.

Gathering destructive Ki energy Fhaze launched multiple Ki blast toward Raze’s direction. Raze quickly moved out of the way as several large explosions went off in a chain. Smoke blasted through the hallway as Fhaze charged up several more energy attacks and sent them toward the lock.

Chris sensed the energy coming toward him and prepared to block the attacks, ‘He just won’t give up!’

Chris jumped into the air only for Fhaze to appear from the smoke, “Fool!” He put both of his hands to gather and clenched them together.

Fhaze brought them into the air and then brought them down smashing Chris in the side of his shoulder. Chris flew out of the air as the blasts both his their mark. The explosion rang back towards the fighters and dust spread outward in dark clouds.

Chris looked at the gate as the smoke cleared and the chains were still there, ‘It’s held up! Perfect!’

Chris powered up and went to attack Fhaze, “Hey!”

Fhaze looked down in surprise as Chris’ fist connected with Fhaze’s jaw. Fhaze’s body flew up into the air as Chris appeared above where his body was flying into the ceiling and promptly smashed him into the ground with a heavy kick. He then proceeded to send ki blasts down at Fhaze.

Fhaze quickly rolled to avoid the exploding Ki blasts. Fhaze rolled until he hit his left side and pushed up into the air quickly. The last one hit and the explosion threw more smoke into the air around them.

Chris’ hands and arms did a series of fast and complicated movements, before he stopped with a strange seal marking floating upon his right hand. He charged into the smoke toward Fhaze’s Ki signature, appearing out of it and charging at Fhaze.

“S*%!” Fhaze cursed as he narrowly dodged a seal being placed on him, he kicked Chris’ stomach which caused the Z-fighter to fly back from him.

Raze appeared on Fhaze’s other side, “Hey! You’re not done yet!”

Raze sent his own Ki blast at Fhaze who took the attack and sent it towards the floor below. The sounds of the resulting detonation echoed through the hallway before a countering barrage of green Ki blasts shot forth from the smoke toward Raze.

Raze managed to move out of the way of the first and second ki blasts, but was hit by two others causing a loud *BOOM* to happen and for him to hit the floor really hard.

Fhaze sent several more attacks at the lock upon the door; fortunately Chris managed to appear in front of the mind lock gate, screaming in power as the blast were slowed down and forced to detonate prematurely.

Chris landed next to where Raze had fallen while Fhaze planned his next strike.

“Raze, I need to distract him,” Chris said.

“For how long?” Raze replied.

“For five minutes, possibly shorter. And considering how much we were beating him, I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

“Alright!”

Chris planted his feet firmly on the ground, his elbows bent back as his hands took a claw-like shape. Within his palms began to form two distinctly Ki balls, one being red, the other being yellow the amount of concentrated energy being suppressed within the two small orbs were staggering and enormous. Chris had his eyes closed as he focused on his technique.

Raze leaped toward Fhaze, shooting a Ki blast ahead of himself to create a diversion. Fhaze threw his own Ki wave and the attacks erupted in a large explosion of yellow energy. The entire room lit up as Fhaze flew through the light and kneed Raze in the gut.

Raze lost all of the air in his lungs from the attack and Fhaze smashed him in his back with both of his fists. Raze was thrown toward the ground by the attack and Fhaze followed him for another attack.

Raze began to spin which slowed down his impact to where he could touch down softly. Raze looked around quickly and then blocked Fhaze’s kick from where he stood.

Meanwhile, Chris was busy charging his attack, “Ba dada dodo da dodo da dodo I’m chargin my attack.”

’You know, maybe I should shorten the time it takes to use this technique. Five minutes seems way too long.’ Chris thought to himself as continued to concentrate.

Chris slowly brought his hands holding the two Ki energy balls closer together, the two concentrated Ki balls seemingly increasing in intensity as they drew ever closer before they fused into one medium sized orange Ki ball that had flames circling around it. The flames of the technique were wild, and begin to form a miniature eastern dragon within it’s confined space.

Chris gritted his teeth, sweat dripping down his face as he focused to maintain the technique within his palms, and withstand the heat it generated. He opened his eyes, looking toward the direction of Raze and Fhaze’s on going battle.

”Raze, toward my direction!” Chris yelled.

Raze looked over to where Chris was, “Huh?!”

Fhaze took the opportunity to punch him in the face which sent the confused saiyan into the wall opposite of them.

”Ugh, I meant hit him toward my direction!” Chris exclaimed at Raze.

Fhaze looked over at Chris, “You wanted some to be hit in your direction?! Well, how about you!?”

Fhaze flew over at Chris and readied his own attack. He cupped his hands together.

“Ka! Me! Ha! Me!” Black light began to pulse into a sphere between his palms.

’He charged right at me, well that works too!’ Chris thought, grinning he thrust forward his arms causing the condensed concentrated energy within his palms to release in a bright flaming beam of Ki.

”Draconic Beam!”

“Ha!” Fhaze yelled, releasing his dark Kamehameha wave toward the Z-fighter.

But for all of Fhaze’s power, his ego, his proclamations, the evil spirit could not hope to outmatch a seasoned and powerful martial artist with years more experience than himself or Raze.

The orange Draconic beam of flaming Ki energy came flying at Fhaze with the mouth of a dragon, it smashed into the black Kamehameha wave with great force, only a few seconds transpired before Fhaze’s technique was completely engulfed and the spirit found himself facing the full blunt force of an eastern dragon shape energy wave.

The entirety of the hallway lit up brightly, before an explosive shockwave racked everything around as the Draconic Beam collided with Fhaze.

He didn’t have time to even scream in pain.

When the light died down, the beam having dissipated and the smoke had vanished into the air. Chris looked around, he didn’t sense anything.

Fhaze was nowhere to be seen, his power had disappeared, his very being had been ripped out of the scene. Ken was safe again. Chris finally let himself sigh in relief.

Discord smiled gleefully, “Well, that was amazing fight! Great job, you’ve entertained me well!” Discord clapped his hands and the food he’s been eating disappeared along with the chair.

“Though it seems like I was forgotten in all the fighting and Raze seems to be in pain…” Discord said while pulling his goatee.

‘He’s gone, for now...’ Chris thought as he turned to see Raze on the floor gasping in pain as a black aura surrounded his body.

Black smoke seemed to enshroud the area where Raze was as he started to roll around while clenching his head.

’So, Fhaze is a product of Raze’s subconscious, through something or someone manifested it into a physical form. I don’t know who though.’

Raze stopped rolling as his body began to be covered in black bioelectricity, “Get out of my head!” Raze yelled as he began to power up.

Chris brought his right hand up, a symbol forming in front of it. ‘It won’t affect Raze, but it should at least suppress Fhaze until Raze can deal with him when he is ready.’

Chris walked up to Raze’s form, standing right above him. He bent down, holding the pained saiyan still as he aimed for his forehead. ”This might hurt, but only for a bit. Split Mental Lock Kai Seal!”

Chris slammed his right palm onto Raze’s forehead, the strange symbol burning on the saiyan’s forehead. Raze jerked around violently, hitting Chris a few times in the stomach as the Z-fighter tried to hold Raze down and continue the technique. Before long, the black smoke that enshrouded Raze before dissipated into nothingness as the seal was completed.

Raze’s body went limp; Chris stood up, looking down upon the young saiyan warrior beneath him and the completed the seal working that glowed slightly before disappearing into his skin.

Raze stayed unconscious while Discord had watched the process, “Did you kill him?”

”No, as you might’ve realized, I’ve learned the Kai Sealing arts from King Kai in Other World when I died against Freeza. The seal I placed upon him has suppressed and locked Fhaze into the deepest recesses of his mind until he Raze is ready to face him.”

Discord smiled, “Well, then alls well that ends well! But this place could use some touching up! Maybe some mind altering magic to get rid of these old memories! What would you think of that?” He finished with an honest smile.

Chris shook his head, ”That would be unwise, even if Ken dislikes these memories, they have shaped him to be as he is now.”

Chris sighed, ”Now, as I recall… I said for you not to enter Ken’s mind.” He said to the floating spirit of chaos.

“Ah… Well, you never said not to go in the dark space, I think so anyway… You were vague and…” Discord snapped his fingers and Raze appeared on his back.

“We have another appointment with actually being able to exist in the real world, so if you’ll excuse us merciful Chris, we’ll be going now!” Discord snapped his finger and nothing happened.

“What…” He snapped several more times, still nothing.

“But…” Discord started to sweat a little more as he snapped his finger multiple times.

The sound of cracking fingers could be heard from Chris, “My, my, what do we have? A spirit of chaos having lost his teleportation ability? I wonder who exactly could have been responsible for such a tragedy?”

Discord looked around, “Well, I’m still going to fly!” Discord began to fly towards the exit and sped away as fast as possible.

Discord looked behind him, seeing no trace of Chris, only to look in front to find the Z-fighter flying backward. ”Going somewhere, friend? I’m sure this dark space is within Ken’s mind.

“NOPE.AVI!” Discord flew the sideways direction and Raze fell off his back.

This time however, Chris put a stop to him getting away by grabbing the end of Discord’s tail. Discord now was now in a pinch, literally.

”I’m sure this would give you a big reminder next time you think of doing this!”

“WAIT!” Discord exclaims as Chris halts his attack for a few seconds. Discord snaps his fingers and a pair of glasses appear on his face.

“You wouldn’t hit a spirit with glasses on, would you?” Discord asks Chris.

Chris looks at him with a smile, “Yes, I would.”

Discord looks at the readers, “Can’t blame me for trying.”

*WHAM!*

A punch from one Ascended Super Saiyan Z-fighter sent the spirit of chaos, Discord, into seeing stars.

”And now you can go.”

Discord didn’t need to be told twice, as he snapped his fingers and disappeared from Ken’s mind.

Chris sighed, he had much work to do because of that Fhaze incident.