• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,103 Views, 20 Comments

Return of Disharmony - Forefront1



Discord and Chrysalis are back for revenge. On the mane six, Canterlot. No! all of Equestria!

  • ...
2
 20
 1,103

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Basket?” Twilight asked, thinking through her list of supplies.

“Check.” Spike responded, checking the box on the list.

“Mat?” Twilight asked again.

“Check.” Spike Replied.

“Food?”

“Check.”

“Cupcakes?”

*Munch* “Check” Pinkie pie said her mouth completely full.

“Pinkie those are for the picnic.” Twilight said in aggravation.

“Besides,” Spike added. “You didn’t give me one.” Spike said as he grabbed a cupcake for himself.

“Spike.” Twilight sighed.

“Sorry Twilight.” Pinkie said. “There cupcakes are just so good I just couldn’t wait!” She added with a giggle.

“Well we are almost there and you can have some more when the rest of the girls show up.” Twilight said, continuing to walk to their destination.

“Okay.” Pinkie said, obviously disappointed.

The two mares and Spike then headed off to the selected spot and set up their picnic.

As they began to set up Applejack arrived to the picnic.

“Howdy Twilight, Pinkie!” She said with a wave.

“Hi Applejack!” The two friends replied.

“I brought some Apple family’s famous homemade apple pie.” Applejack said as she reached into her saddlebag.

“Oh boy!” Spike said hungrily.

“You can put the pie over by the cupcakes” Twilight said. “Oh and could you help us with the rest of the preparations?” Twilight added, looking around to see what needed to be done.

“No problem” Applejack replied.

Shortly after that, Rarity showed up.

“Why isn’t today a lovely day for a picnic? Simply marvelous.” Rarity said, removing her sun hat.

“Hi Rarity!” Said Pinkie Pie as she once again went for the cupcakes.

“Hi pinkie, oh Twilight I brought some plates and glasses for the picnic just like you asked.” Rarity said as she handed Twilight the stack of plates.

“Thanks Rarity you can just put them next to the basket.” Twilight said, pointing behind her.

Finally Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy showed up to the picnic.

“What’s up?” Rainbow dash greeted.

“Hi.” Fluttershy lightly chimed in.

“Hi girls 1” said Rarity as she arranged the napkins and plates.

“Oh Fluttershy what do you have there?” Twilight said, seeing that Fluttershy had a basket with her.

“Rainbow Dash and I made some lemonade for the picnic since no one offered to bring drinks.” Fluttershy said as she put the basket down.

“Oh yes, I forgot drinks. Spike did we check off drinks yet?” Twilight said, frantically looking for her list.

“We did now.” Spike replied sheepishly.

“Great! Now that everyone is here we can start.” Pinkie Pie said while diving after the cupcakes.

“Great, I am starving." Said Spike holding an apple.

Just as he went to take a bite *HICCUP* *BURP*. A cloud of green smoke traveled out of his mouth then turning into a scroll fell to the ground.

“A letter from Princess Celestia?” Questioned Twilight.

“What is it?” Asked Applejack curiously.

Twilight then opened the letter and began to read.

To my dear and faithful student Twilight,

There is an emergency in Canterlot that if left unsolved could destroy all of Equestria. Luna and I need you and your friends to come to Canterlot immediately. We believe that you all are the only ones who can stop this tragedy. Sorry for the short notice. We just found out about it five minutes ago and nobody but we, and a few guards know what is going on. We know we can trust you all.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

“An emergency?” Fluttershy asked in fear.

“Who cares? We have taken care of a lot of emergencies. How bad could this one be?” Rainbow Dash said with confidence.

“I don’t know the princess seemed mighty worried” said Applejack.

“We must get to Canterlot right away; there is no time to lose.” Rarity declared triumphantly.

“Let’s go!” Pinkie shouted, still eating cupcakes.

“Spike, stay here and look after the house while we’re gone.” Twilight said, giving her assistant a quick hug.

“No problem Twilight.” Spike said.

“C’mon girls, let’s get going.” Twilight said as they headed to the train.

What Twilight didn’t see was Spike creeping off to Sweet Apple Acres.

“She’s gone tonight?” asked Apple bloom.

“Yeah party at my place spread the word.” Spike said quietly.

“Will do.” Applebloom nodded.

As the mane six arrive in Canterlot all seemed normal. They made their way to the castle and then to the main hall. They walked in and found Princess Celestia and Luna looking out the window.

“Princess Celesta!” Twilight called out.

“Ah, Twilight my prized pupil.” Celestia replied.

“We came as soon as we got your letter princess.” Said Applejack.

“Good.” Celestia sighed in relief.

”Yeah, because we are worried out of our minds.” Added Luna.

“What’s wrong?” asked Pinkie Pie.

Celestia looked toward Luna who looked out the window for a few seconds before motioning to the ground.

“I think we’d better show you.” Celestia replied.

They walked out of the main hall together and to a hallway of doors. They proceeded into the last one and down the hall into the dungeon. Then to everyone’s surprise Celestia opened a door in the wall with another set of stairs. They followed Celestia and Luna down the stairs into another hallway with many guards. Luna motioned them to stand aside and open the door. They did as they were commanded and what was inside shocked everyone.

“I can’t see anything” Rainbow Dash stated bluntly.

Celestia then used her magic to light up several torches on the inside. Inside the square room was a stone block. It was not very tall and looked as if a statue were to go on top of it.

“The emergency in question regarded this room. Until late last night it held one thing; one thing that if it escaped it would destroy Equestria. It is now missing and that is the emergency.” Celestia said, not taking her eyes off of the room.

“But what was in there?” Asked Twilight nervously.

“Don’t you recognize it? This room held the statue of…….. Discord.”

Hearing this mane six went into panic overdrive.

“NONONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOO.” Twilight said incoherently.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” Pinkie Pie shouted as she ran around the room.

“Of all the possible things that could happen this is THE…WORST...POSSIBLE...THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Rarity said as she fainted against the wall.

“Yes.” Said Celestia calmly.

“The guards report that someone came and attacked them late last night. That pony must have been strong enough to free Discord.” Luna said.

“But I thought we got rid of him.” Rainbow Dash stated.

“You did.” Celestia responded.

“However, the powers from Discord's chaos might have interfered with the Elements of Harmony, thereby weakening them.” Luna added.

“That big, dumb, MEANIE!!!!!!!” Fluttershy yelled.

Everyone stared in confusion at Fluttershy because of her outburst.

“Um, sorry princess, continue.” Fluttershy said, shrinking back in embarrasment.

“Right, anyways I think we should continue this upstairs seeing how the guards are already on edge." Celestia said as she walked back to the stairs.

As they walked upstairs every pony started to think of what would happen if Discord could not be stopped.

“Cotton candy clouds.” Rainbow Dash grumbled.

“Random Plants.” Applejack added.

“Crazy animals.” Fluttershy whispered.

“That plaid ground, ugh.” Rarity said with disgust.

“Ultimate chaos.” Twilight stated.

“Chocolate rain!” Pinkie said with delight.

The mane six looked at her with solemn expressions.

“Oh and you know a bunch of other bad stuff too.” Pinkie said sheepishly.

They finally reach the throne room when Luna spoke.

“I have an Idea," She began. "If the elements of harmony were used and Celestia and I used an imprisonment spell that could be enough to stop Discord.” Luna added.

“Yeah.” Rainbow Dash said with excitement.

“Okay.” Twilight thought.

“That could work.” Celestia pondered.

“Yes, what a marvelous idea then why don’t we go jump off of a cliff.” Said a voice from above them in a rather sarcastic tone

“I know that voice.” said Celestia. She then turned around to see the giant creature towering over all of them. “Discord.”

“The one and only.” Discord replied. “Now, about the Elements. I’m afraid they have been relocated and you won’t be seeing them for a while. No wait; you won’t see them ever again. Ha Ha Ha!” Discord cackled.

“Give them back Discord!” shouted Rainbow Dash.

“Never! I am not turning back to stone.” Discord replied angrily.

The group then began to recoil in fear as Discord continued.

“Mwhahahahahaha!” He chuckled. “Did you all miss me? Well, don’t worry you won’t miss me anymore because now I am here to stay.”