• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,103 Views, 20 Comments

Return of Disharmony - Forefront1



Discord and Chrysalis are back for revenge. On the mane six, Canterlot. No! all of Equestria!

  • ...
2
 20
 1,103

Chapter 13

Chapter 13

The mane six stood at the edge of the Crystal Empire with determination. As they looked over the horizon they knew that this time it was either them or Discord and Chrysalis that would be finished for good. The two alicorn sisters and the unicorn and alicorn couple approached them confidently. For a while nothing was said until eventually Twilight spoke up.

“Well this is it.” She said turning to her brother.

“I know you can do it.” He said giving her a hug. “Sorry we can’t help you guys.”

“That’s alright,” Twilight said, “You need to protect the Crystal Empire.”

Cadence then walked up and gave Twilight a hug.

“There are guards waiting outside to bring you to Equestria.” Cadence said before turning to Celestia and Luna. “I hope to look up to see your face the next time we meet.” She said with a chuckle. Luna and Celestia nodded confidently in response.

“Now get out of here,” Cadence said, “And go save Equestria!!!!”

With that, the mane six and the sisters ran off to meet the guards.

===============

Outside of the Crystal Empire two guards stood patiently waiting for the VIP’s they needed to escort.

“Dusk, for the last time, Celestia and Luna have this situation all under control.” One stallion said to the other guard.

“I know, Flame, but c’mon we are like sitting ducks out here waiting for Discord to get us.” Dusk said nervously.

“Would you calm down?” Flame replied.

“Not until those VIP get here and protect us.” Dusk whimpered.

“How did you make it as a guard again?” Flame said, holding his head in his hooves.

“Look, all I’m saying is that we should have been behind the force field where it’s safe.” Dusk argued.

“For the last time what’s the worst that could happen.” Flame said turning to face his partner.

“Oh, I could think of a few things.” Said a loud voice from behind them.

===============

Just as the ponies crossed over the force field line they heard shouts of distress, and then came two guards sprinting towards them.

“Your highnesses!” the first one shouted.

“Yes?” The regal sisters said in unison.

“We-we were just…attacked by Discord.” The other one panted.

“No! He’s found us!” Luna shouted.

“Yes, your highness, we need to leave now, hurry!” The first one shouted again.

The group started running towards the forest to hide from Discord and make their way to the palace. Unaware of the danger they had just put themselves in.

===============

After running for what seemed like hours, the guards stopped for a rest. The other ponies right behind them stopped as well with confused looks on their faces.

“Why did we stop?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah, weren’t you supposed to take us all the way to Canterlot?” Dash asked.

“Yes, but I believe that we decided to stop here first.” The first guard said.

“Why?” Pinkie asked.

“Because no one is here to save you now.” The second guard said maliciously.

“Wh-what do you mean.” Fluttershy stuttered in fright.

Suddenly a green light enveloped the two guards. The first guard’s neck stretched into a serpentine shape, while his legs morphed into different animal feet. The second guards’ coat became black and holes appeared all over his legs. Then the realization hit the group.

“No… it can’t be! Not again!” Twilight exclaimed.

The two guards finally finished transforming to reveal Chrysalis and Discord.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Oh Twilight, the look of shock on your face only drives me more insane.” Discord shouted.

“Girls, get together.” Twilight shouted to her friends.

“And now my little ponies, hahaha, GAME OVER!” Discord shouted as he charged up a magical blast and shot it at the ponies.

Just then Twilight teleported the group away and the blast from Discord hit the ground with a small explosion. As the smoke cleared Discord stood there with a dazed look on his face. Chrysalis rolled her eyes and smacked him on the back of his head bringing him back to his twisted reality.

“NO! Nononononononono, NO!” Discord whined. “C’mon these ponies keep ruining my fun.”

“Fun?! No, you need to come to your senses.” Chrysalis said. “Well, whatever sense you have. It’s time for you to get serious about taking over Equestria and stop entertaining yourself. I suggest we send out a swam to look for them while we prepare to end this once and for all.”

“But…” Discord began.

“No buts, we are doing this my way.” Chrysalis said.

“But I have an idea.” Discord said.

“I’m sure it’s delightfully chaotic but it can wait.” Chrysalis said teleporting back to Canterlot.

“I guess reviving Sombra is just going to have to wait then.” Discord said flashing out.

===============

A bring flash appeared just below the Canterlot cliffs. The eight ponies fell to the ground in a heap slightly dazed from the teleportation.

“A-are we dead?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“I hope not. That means no more cupcakes.” Pinkie Pie answered.

As the ponies slowly stood up they realized where they were.

“Twilight, ya did it.” Applejack said.

“Yeah, I guess I did.” Twilight replied.

“I thought you said you couldn’t work under pressure.” Rarity said.

“I guess I had to get over it at some point. Might as well be for my friends." Twilight sighed in relief.

“We teleported over 25 miles, quite impressive.” Celestia said turning to Twilight.

“Indeed, my sister has taught you well and more importantly you listened to her.” Luna added.

“Thank you,” Twilight started. “But there is no time for that; we have to stop Discord, for good this time.

“But how?” Rarity asked. “Without our elements we won’t stand a chance against them.”

“Well, Discord did say that they were hidden; we just have to find them.” Twilight said hopefully.

“Yeah,” began Rainbow Dash. “Hidden some place where we would never find them.”

“Wait a minute,” Pinkie said. “What if by never be able to “find” them, he meant that if we see them they wouldn’t be in a
place that is hiding them and if we saw them again we would think they were never lost. So what if Discord hid them by not hiding them and the elements are still in the Canterlot vault?” Pinkie finished smiling.

“That’s crazy.” Dash said.

“Crazy enough to be a plan of Discord’s. Pinkie you’re a genius!” Twilight said.

“I know!” Pinkie said with a giggle.

“That would be a thought of Discord’s, the elements might be there.” Celestia said.

“But what if they are not?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“Yes, the castle is crawling with changeling guards. If the elements are not in the vault and they catch us, we are
doomed for sure.” Luna said.

“We will just have to give it a try.” Twilight said.

“Well, ahm willin’ to go along with this plan.” Applejack said. “Who’s with me?”

“I am!” Dash said.”

“Me too!” Pinkie chimed in.

“I-I’m ready.” Fluttershy said.

“Don’t forget me.” Rarity added.

Twilight looked over at the princesses waiting for a response.

“Lead the way my faithful student.” Celestia said.

“Yeah, let’s go get this clown once and for all!” Luna shouted in excitement.

With that the eight heroes courageously walked up a nearby trail leading to the top of the Canterlot mountain. They knew that it would take the utmost skill, teamwork, and courage to accomplish the task at hand. For, they knew at the top of the mountain stood their greatest challenge that would become either their greatest victory, or their eternal defeat.