• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,103 Views, 20 Comments

Return of Disharmony - Forefront1



Discord and Chrysalis are back for revenge. On the mane six, Canterlot. No! all of Equestria!

  • ...
2
 20
 1,103

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Twilight stared in complete shock at the sight before her. Derpy's eyes never looked in the same direction for more than a few seconds at a time. Twilight knew this couldn't have been the real Derpy. Then another fear entered her head. If this wasn't the real Derpy then where was she? If this was a changeling then how many others were there?

"Derpy" noticed twilight staring at her so she started waving her hoof in front of Twilight's face.

"Are you okay Twilight?" Derpy asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Wha-? OH oh, yes, yes I'm fine.” Twilight stuttered.

“Okay.” Derpy said with a hint of doubt.

“Well, see you around D-Derpy.” Twilight said with a frightened smile.

“C’mon Pinkie let’s go.” Twilight whispered to her friend.

“Why we just got-” Pinkie began to say.

“Look around. They're everywhere.” Twilight whispered.

“Changelings?” Pinkie whispered back “All I see are regular ponies.”

“Regular ponies that are all slightly different than usual right?” Twilight asked.

As Pinkie began to look around the town she did see some strange things. Mr. and Mrs. Cake’s hair color had been switched, Lyra’s cutie mark was a guitar, and Berry Punch’s coat was red.

“Oh, so if they’re different then there a changeling?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Yes.” Twilight whispered.

“Then yeah we have to get out of hear. RUU-" Pinkie Pie began to shout.

“Not so loud we have to make it realistic.”

So Twilight and Pinkie Pie slowly walked back to the library trying to act natural. The rest of the mane six also headed back, unaware of the danger they were in.

===============

Celestia sat in her cocoon prison next to her sister as she stared into darkness. She had been awake for quite some time now but was still unsure how long. Suddenly a light shone into the room they were in as two figure walked in. One, whom she could easily recognize, was Discord. The second figure appeared to be a Changeling but when it spoke she did not recognize its voice.

“Let me handle the prisoners.” It said to Discord.

“And let you ruin another task? Forget it!” Discord snapped back at it. “I’ve waited months to have both princesses in my control and I won’t let some bug-faced, thin-wing, hole-legged changeling mess it up.”

The voice returned almost in a softer tone.

“You know,” It began “I understand you’re tense but that last comment really hurt.”

Celestia rolled her eyes to the fact that she was letting herself be trapped by these idiots.

Discord said “When I think the princesses need to be moved to a different cell I will consult you. But now Chrysalis is in Ponyville and I believe she requested you.”

The two walked out of the room leaving Celestia and Luna alone in darkness. If that wasn’t Chrysalis who was that? Celestia thought and…wait…SHE’S IN PONYVILLE!?

===============

As the frightened Twilight and Pinkie Pie were let in by Spike they found out that the others were already there. All except Fluttershy who probably was being held up by Angel. The others had a concerned look on their faces as to what they had seen.

“Ah tell you somethin’ weird is goin’ on.” Applejack said. “When I got back Granny Smith came runnin’ in the back door faster than Winona chasin’ a rabbit.”

“I know. When I got back to Scootaloo’s place, Thunderlane came by but his hair was green. What’s up with that?” Rainbow said.

“Well when I dropped Sweetie Belle off at the Boutique Miss Cheerilee was walking by but her eyes were blue! They were green before!” Rarity said.

Just then Fluttershy came into the Treehouse. She quickly noticed her friends in a panic and tried to get out of there.

“Hey Fluttershy did you seen anypony acting weird or looking weird?” Rainbow asked.

“N-no why?” She stammered in confusion.

“Fluttershy,” Twilight began. “Not many ponies know this but I picked it up the last time the changelings attacked.” Twilight said.

“Yes?” Fluttershy asked, worriedly.

“When changelings transform into another pony they can’t perfectly imitate them. So the behavior, size, or color of the transformed changeling may be different.”

“You mean to tell me Granny Smith is a changeling?!” Applejack cried out.

“Miss Cheerilee as well?” Rarity asked concerned.

“And Thunderlane?” Rainbow added.

Twilight bowed her head in defeat as the silence in the room became anything but peaceful.

“Yes.” she simply said followed by a few muffled gasps and sad *sniffs* of the nose.

“Wait if some of our closest friends are changelings,” Applejack began. “Then wouldn’t our sisters and their friends be changelings as well?”

“NO NO NO NO NO!!!! SWEETIE BELLE!!!!!” Rarity shouted.

“RARITY! RARITY! It’s alright.” Spike said rushing to her side. “Don’t any of you guys worry. I had the door locked and we weren’t visited by anyone in the past day. So there is no way that anyone that was here is a changeling.”

“Oh thank you again Spike.” Rarity said while giving him a quick hug. “But wait if there alone then aren’t they in danger now?”

“Oh boy,” Twilight said. “But if we help them then we could get caught."

“Actually wouldn’t staying here alone in the dark alert the changelings even more than trying to blend in?” Fluttershy asked.

Twilight pondered what Fluttershy said for a moment then finally agreed.

“Fluttershy is right. We need to blend in. So go home get your siblings and look for any differences before bringing them into town. We will meet at the Carousel Boutique in 20 minutes." Twilight said to the group.

So all of the friends once again parted ways; Applejack and Rainbow Dash went to get their sister and honorary sister while Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity went to the Boutique. Fluttershy, however, crept off to a nearby alleyway. When she was sure she was out of sight she quickly brushed her hair to the side revealing a dark black patch on her forehead. Then she began to speak to a green cocoon lying on the ground and her voice began to change.

“Well it may not be romantic love,” she started then paused as she brushed off some of the dirt off of the front of the cocoon.

Inside sat a rather petrified Fluttershy cowering in the corner of it. Then a green glow developed around the fake Fluttershy as her shape and color changed then the green glow faded it revealed Chrysalis standing in front of the cocoon with a devilish grin on her face.

Then she continued her thought. “Although it is not romantic love, the love of friends should be enough to satisfy me…for now.”

===============

Had it not have been falling to the ground and hitting her head Princess Celestia could have stayed passed out forever. Slowly adjusting to her surroundings she could see that her and her sisters cocoons being split open by dozens of Changelings. Luna muffled curses toward the changelings but the buzzing of changeling wings droned it out. Celestia then felt herself forced to a standing position but she was too weak and could only kneel. Her vision was still hazy from being in the (gulp) cocoon juice (Sorry that was the best I could describe it) and could barely make out her sister among what it seemed like dozens of changelings

“Tia are you alright?” Luna said weakly.

“Yes I am Luna are you-?” Celestia coughed out in reply.

Celestia was quickly cut off as a deep cackle came from the doorway of the room they were held in. Celestia couldn’t see who it was exactly but she could tell it was the large changeling she saw before.

“Well, there’s proof that I can be trusted with the prisoners.” It said to the many changelings.

His statement was responded to by a chorus of buzzes and screeches.

“Ah Celestia how are you? Say, not still tired from your defeat earlier?” It said mockingly.

“You’ll…never…get.” Celestia began.

“Away with this? On the contrary we have gotten away with this. Now to business, Discord doesn't trust me with handling prisoners so I intend to prove him wrong. Changelings take them to the dungeon.”

Celestia slowly slipped out of conciseness once again as they were dragged off to the Canterlot dungeon.

===============

“Alright listen up everypony, listen up.” Twilight said in front of the small crowd. “For the three fillies that don’t know all of the details, yesterday my friends and I were called into Canterlot for an important emergency and it turns out the emergency was that discord was released from his stone prison.”

The fillies gasped in fear then showed signs of confusion.

“Question.” Sweetie Belle said, raising her hoof. “Who’s Discord?”

“Oh, right you don’t know about him. Well, he is the god of chaos.” Twilight answered.

“Ohhh.” the three fillies said in unison.

“Okay continue." Sweetie Belle said.

"Okay, so he was free and we got ambushed by changelings and made our way here." Twilight continued.

Once again there was a gasp of horror.

“So what’s a changeling?” Scootaloo asked.

“The things that attacked at the wedding.” Twilight answered again.

"Ok." Scootaloo said nodding.

With another interruption out of the way Twilight continued.

“So we came here but the train we took to get here had changelings on it and we believe that Queen Chrysalis lead her horde here to take over the town.” Twilight said.

“Question.” Applebloom stated.

“What?!” Twilight said obviously aggravated.

“Who’s Queen Chrysalis?” Applebloom asked.

“The evil queen of the changelings. Where were you when all of this was being revealed during the wedding?” Twilight asked the fillies.

“At the snack table.” Sweetie Belle said sheepishly who was then bombarded with glares from the other two fillies.

Twilight's mouth stayed open in amazement for a few moments before she cleared her throat and began again.

"Alright so this is my plan so everypony listen up. Every hour we will send out one person for five minutes to scout the area and to not raise suspicion while the ponies in here protect the boutique. I on the other hoof will look for a teleporting spell for all of us and I will also look for the elements." Twilight concluded.

“What if the changelings find us?” Fluttershy asked.

“If they find us there should only be a few and we can fight them off.” Twilight responded. “Why?” She asked.

“No reason.” Fluttershy said while holding back an evil smile.

“Alright I’ll take the first shift of going outside.” Rainbow dash stated with pride. “Besides, if there are a few changelings outside how bad can they be?” She said confidently.

Rainbow Dash flew outside quickly while the rest of the friends guarded the windows and the door. Twilight began to flip through her spell books when suddenly a high pitched buzzing noise assaulted her eardrums.

“Ow hey,” Twilight began. “Does anyone else hear that buzzing?” She asked the group.

”I don- OW,” Applejack said in pain. “Yeah sugarcube I hear it.” She said holding her ears.

“Me too” Rarity said in agony.

“Me three” Pinkie Pie said.

Just then Rainbow Dash came barreling into the boutique she crashed into a pile of fabrics then huddled in the corner.

“Rainbow Dash are you alright?” Scootaloo asked concerned.

“Changelings…lots…looking at…changelings…scary…coming towards me hehehe.” Rainbow stuttered in pure terror.

“Rainbow snap out of it.” Applejack said while bringing a hoof on her head.

“AAAAAAAAAAAH! We gotta get out of here.” Rainbow shouted “They’re coming!!!” She shouted pointing at the front door.

“Who?” Twilight asked.

“Uhhh, Twilight look.” Spike said in fear.

The mane six and the CMC went over to the windows. Outside they saw a something that even an ursa major would find
scary. Outside was everypony in town except they had glowing green eyes and a creepy, evil grin on their face.

“They’re all changelings?!” said Twilight in disbelief.

“Hey maybe that buzzing we heard set them off!” Pinkie said.

“You’re right Pinkie and I can track it with my magic.” Twilight said.

Her horn began to glow a light purple as she turned around the room. She suddenly stopped in one location not knowing who she was pointing at.

“Okay the buzzing is coming from…Fluttershy?” Twilight said in confusion.

Everyone moved away from Fluttershy in confusion and fear. Suddenly the front door and windows were busted in as dozens of changelings, still in the form of ponies, charged in. Then Fluttershy began to speak as the changelings revealed their true forms.

“You six really are easy to fool. I mean I get you to jump off a train to then take over your entire town. You have got to be kidding me and you thought I was your friend?” She shouted.

“Fluttershy wha-?” Twilight began.

“First it’s not Fluttershy.” She began “Second,”

As she started saying that a green glow engulfed her and then the small pegasus turned into the tall, slender changeling. “Second, its Queen Chrysalis!” she shouted.

The now five friends and three fillies were now cornered in the side of the boutique with the changelings rapidly advancing on them. Suddenly, Rarity remembered the secret exit she made in case of the paparazzi found her.

“Quick in here.” Rarity shouted as one changeling leaped out at them.

The ponies ran through the door and chrysalis was left with her horde.

“Get them.” She said bluntly and with dozens of screeches following her command.

The ponies found themselves in an alleyway and they began to run. They got about 20 feet until…

“Ow!” Applebloom shouted in pain.

“Applebloom are ya, oh ma gosh!” Applejack shouted.

On the ground lying next to Applebloom was a green cocoon with Fluttershy curled up facing the ground. As the rest of the friends arrived at the scene they started tapping on the cocoon to get her attention. Fluttershy feeling the vibrations of the cocoon turned around to see her friends looking inside the cocoon. They could see here saying something but they couldn’t hear her.

“Stand back ya’ll I’ll have her outta’ there in a sec.” Applejack said

They could hear the changelings right around the corner and so Applejack gave the cocoon her strongest kick. Her back legs hit the cocoon with a deep thud but that was it. The cocoon remained unaffected other than the push of the kick. Now they could see the changelings’ shadows around the corner. Just then a head poked its way around the corner and it began to charge.

“What do we do?” Rarity shouted.

“Allow me!” Sweetie Belle shouted.

Just as the changeling jumped towards them Sweetie Belle screamed out one of her classic notes. The note was G8 above middle C which was enough to not only stun all of the changelings but it was also enough to crack the cocoon with the vibrations which Applejack easily broke open with a medium kick.

After Fluttershy was free the friends ran out of Ponyville as changelings quickly gained on them. They barely got out of Apple Acres when they were less than 50 feet apart from the changelings.

“We can’t outrun them.” Rainbow shouted. “And that’s coming from me.”

“Twilight you guys get out of here me and the Cutie-Mark Crusaders will hold them off.” Spike said.

“What Spike no I can’t-” Twilight started.

Her protest was met with Spikes pleading eyes the same went for the CMC and their siblings.

“Please go, you can stop Discord and Chrysalis and make everything right.” Spike said. “We’ll be okay.”

Twilight looked at the oncoming changeling army and then to the remaining distance to the Everfree forest and then to the siblings of the CMC with tears in their eyes but assuring smiles on their faces, then back at Spike.

“Okay,” She sniffed “Goodbye Spike I will come back for you.”

Then the mane six ran off into the woods and Spike and the CMC stayed behind. They looked at the changelings now only 40 feet away.

“Are ya ready?” Applebloom asked.

The Changelings were now 35 feet away.

“Yes, Scootaloo?” Sweetie Belle asked.

30 feet away.

“Yeah. Hey, I just thought of another CMC mission.” Scootaloo said desperately.

25 feet.

“Mind if I join in?” Spike asked.

20 feet.

“Alright we know what we are doin’ exactly?” Applebloom asked.

15 feet.

“No idea. Are we ready?” Spike asked.

10 feet.

“Yeah!” The three fillies said as they all joined hooves and a claw.

5 feet.

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS CHANGELING DEFEATERS AAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!”

===============

The last thing the mane six saw was the CMC run straight into the changeling crowd and then a few flames and a few changelings getting thrown in the air. Despite their small numbers they did slow the changelings down but not for long. The mane six didn’t bother to look back at the still pursuing army. However they didn’t do a very good job looking forward either, because no one noticed the small patch of blue flowers, which only grow in the Everfree forest, which they quickly ran through.