• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,103 Views, 20 Comments

Return of Disharmony - Forefront1



Discord and Chrysalis are back for revenge. On the mane six, Canterlot. No! all of Equestria!

  • ...
2
 20
 1,103

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

When Twilight opened her eyes there was a bright light above her.

"Am I dead?" She asked flatly.

"If you are dead then I guess your best big brother is dead to."

Twilight turned to see her rescuer, Shining Armor.

"Shining Armor!" Twilight said jumping from the bed she was in.

"Twily! I'm so sorry my men and I thought you all were changelings."

"It's alright." she said giving him another hug.

"Hey don't forget me!" called another familiar voice.

Twilight didn't even need to turn to know who it was.

"Cadence!"

"Twilight!"

Then they ran over to each other and began their meeting ritual.

"Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake. Clap your hooves and do a little shake!"

They laughed a bit then hugged one another.

"We are so glad you are all safe." Cadence said. "When we heard about the invasion in Canterlot and Ponyville from our scouts, we assumed the worst."

"What you ran into out there was our little welcoming party for them, not for you." Shining Armor said.

"It's alright, I am just so happy to see you both again. The changelings are gone right?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah, we got every last one of them." Shining said.

Then, Moans could be heard as the others slowly regained consciences.

"By the way" Cadence started. "When Fluttershy was last here I remember that she was...smaller, and you had a horn. What happened?"

"Okay so do you know Discord is with the invasion as well."

The couple stared at one another in shock.

"We do now." Shining Armor stated.

"Oh well there you go. Heheh." Twilight said with a nervous chuckle. "Anyways we ran through a patch of his poison joke and got these ailments and we..." Just then Twilight remembered the ingredient that they had forgotten. "Oh no! The sunlight stone!" Twilight panicked.

"What?" Cadence asked, confused.

"The sunlight stone, it was the only ingredient that we don't have for the cure for poison joke. We were going to make the potion so we could get back to normal but now we can't." Twilight sighed in defeat.

"Don't worry Twilight. Celestia gave us some of the stone to put in our vault, it is rather valuable you know, I will get a nurse started on the bath right away." Cadence said taking the ingredients from Twilight and giving them to a maid. "By the way where is Celestia?"

"Oh well you see..." Twilight began as the friends and the princesses walked up behind her.

"Who are these two?" Cadence asked looking at Celestia and Luna.

They took a step forward and looked up at their niece who was completely oblivious to their transformation.

"Cadence," Twilight began hesitantly. "Meet *gulp* Celestia and Luna." Twilight laughed nervously.

At first Cadence thought it was a joke but then taking a second look she realized it was the truth. She then looked down to Celestia and gulped.

"Auntie Tia?" she said worriedly.

Celestia nodded and hugged the now slightly larger Cadence. Cadence was completely shocked at their transformation and the fact that she was now bigger and stronger than both her aunts. After the hug she looked over to Luna who silently walked up and gave her a hug then walked back.

"H-how did this happen?" Cadence asked.

"It's a loooooong story." Twilight said.

"Hay, ya might as well start from the beginnin." Applejack said, dusting herself off.

Both Cadence and Shining Armor stood mouth agape from the fact that Applejack's voice just came out of Rarity's body but then soon brushed it off knowing that they would soon know about it.

As Fluttershy was bandaged up, everyone took turns telling their parts and own versions of what had happened to them. They started at the picnic then that they went to Canterlot. They told how Discord got out. The princesses told how they tried to fend off the changelings but soon got caught. They talked about how then ran to Ponyville and lost their siblings and Spike. Some of the girls couldn't even talk about that part and just cried from remembering about it. Even Shining shed some manly tears. Then they told about how they freed the princesses and how Slash had cursed them. Then they talked about how they fled to the Crystal Empire. Pinkie also shared about how she defeated some Changelings using her Pinkie launcher, but no one understood it.

After they had finished their story, Shining and Cadence shared theirs. How they thought that the changelings had already captured them and how they thought that they were the only ones that were safe. Cadence also shared how Shining had curled up and hyperventilated for a little bit which raised some laughter and caused Shining to go on patrol. Then Cadence told how they got a plan to stop the changelings which inadvertently almost killed them mane six and the princesses.

Then they decided to lighten the mood and talk about what they were doing before the invasion. Soon after they began there was a quiet knock on the door.

"Princess Cadence, the bath you requested is ready." Said a maid.

"Finally! Wings here I come!" Rainbow Dash shouted running out of the room.

They were quiet for a moment before Pinkie chimed in.

"You know I can see why she missed them." Pinkie said, stretching her wings out.

===========

When they got in the room with the bath in it they just saw Dash go under the water then fly out of it with joy.

"Oh, I've missed you!" She said to her wings. "I'm going to do some laps around the castle, see you girls in a bit." She said as she sped out of the room.

Fluttershy crawled under the door to the bath then realized that she wouldn't fit.

"Umm, I can't fit in that tub." she said quietly to the nurse.

"Yes, we remembered your size issue so we put some of the remedy in the pool. It's right past this door but you'll have to go outside then fly over."

Pinkie pie walked up to the tub and gave a sigh.

"Goodbye wings."

Then she got an idea. She flew up in the air then curled up falling to the water.

"CANNONBALL!!!!!" She shouted.

"Pinkie we need the water in the tub!" Twilight shouted.

"Oh" she said as she stopped to a hover above the water, without the help of her wings, then slowly sank into the water.

Pinkie then reappeared coming the water, wingless, then hopped out of the tub. Next was Applejack and Rarity; they walked into the tub together and held hooves, in case they need to be in contact I order for it to work. They went under the water and then surfaced at the same time.

"Oh great it worked, why ahm as happy as a- wait what happened to mah voice." Rairty said in a southern drawl.

"Oh darling your voice is like mine, oh dear, and mine is like yours." Applejack said with elegance.

The friends gasped in fear that something went wrong but then Appplejack and Rarity laughed.

"Just kidding!" Rarity said.

"We're fine!" Applejack continued.

Rarity and Applejack hugged and got out of the tub. Then the walked away from the group quickly talked to one another in private.

"Applejack, I just want you to know that I admire your strength and athletic ability. Never look down on yourself, do you understand?" Rarity whispered.

"Thanks Rarity, and your horn, though not used for all kinds of magic, does have a cool gem findin' talent, and don't fret about your physique ahm sure any stallion would still chase after you no matter what ya looked like." Applejack said hugging Rarity.

"I know Spike did." Rarity said with a hint of sadness.

Next, was Twilight. She walked in the tub and submerged herself then teleported out showing that it worked.

"Now it's your turn." Cadence said looking at Celestia and Luna.

"But ours weren't obtained from the poison joke. We were changed by magic." Luna protested.

"I know," Cadence said. "But we have to try."

Celestia and Luna walked over to the tub then walked in. They then submerged themselves. Cadence and the mane six waited many seconds for them to resurface. Eventually they were about to go in and bring them up until suddenly the water began to splash and churn. They expected the two regal sisters to surface alicorns but sadly they came up the same and coughing and panting for air.

"Oh well, it was worth a try." Cadence said holding back tears.

Suddenly a huge splash came from outside and the ground shook. Cadence and twilight went outside to see Fluttershy, but they instead found the nurse scared to death.

"Miss Fluttershy, she, she..."

"Breathe nurse hoofheart. What happened?" Cadence asked.

"When Fluttershy hit the water she tensed up and crashed In. I went to save her but she's still to big. The shrinking process will take several minutes."

"I can shrink her down to normal size." Twilight said.

"Oh good!" Said the nurse.

"The problem is my magic is still recharging so I will have to put a spell lock on it which only I can remove and will need a while to get back to full strength."

"So?" Cadence Questioned.

"So, the poison joke made this her normal size so if the formula soaks in..." Twilight started.

"...Her size will be greatly reduced." Cadence finished.

"Exactly." Twilight replied.

"We don't have a choice, hurry." The nurse pleaded.

Twilight focused her magic as Cadence flew over the water. The magic hit Fluttershy and instantly shrunk her to her normal size. Cadence flew her out and laid her on the ground. Twilight collapsed to the ground as she began to regain the ability to stand again. Then Fluttershy began coughing up water.

"Fluttershy are you alright?" The nurse asked.

"Y-yes I am." She responded as she was brought up to her feet. "It's strange when I touched the water my whole body shook and I couldn't fly."

"We're so happy you are alright. Just so you know-" Cadence said as Twilight cut her off.

"You will be rooming with Rarity for the night." Twilight said with a fake smile.

"Oh, okay." Fluttershy said as she walked inside the room to cheers and a mandatory group hug by Pinkie.

"Your not going to tell her about the spell?" Cadence asked.

"It's the last thing she needs. Oh, and can we spend the night here because...you know I said she would be rooming with..."

"Of course. I will get you all some rooms if you don't mind being two to a room." Cadence said with a laugh.

"I don't think that will be a problem at all." Twilight replied.

Twilight and Cadence walked inside to everyone except the princesses back to normal.

"Good news everyone!" Cadence announced. "You can stay here for the night."

This of course was followed by an abundance of cheers and thank you's.

"Alright, Princess Celestia and Luna can be in one room. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie in another, Applejack and I, then Fluttershy and Rarity." Twilight said.

"These maids will show you to your rooms." Cadence said.

While everyone was going to there rooms Twilight pulled Rarity aside.

"Can I ask you something?" Twilight asked.

===============

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Rarity shouted.

"We had to save her." Twilight responded.

"Why didn't you tell her?" Rarity quickly questioned.

"She almost drowned, that was the last thing she wanted to hear." Twilight replied.

"Why did you choose me to take care of her?" Rarity asked again.

"Because you are one of her closest friends plus you would be the most gentle as well." Twilight reasoned.

"Well, I would argue but that would be lying." Rarity said flipping her mane.

"Yep, so if the formula did get into her system than it would shrink her down in front of you and you need to be as sweet and caring as a mother and tell her it's alright." Twilight told her.

"So how small will she get it she does shrink?"

"Well, let me see." Twilight said as she began calculating in her head. "She was four feet before she grew, she became 50 feet tall so that's 12.5 times her normal size. So it would make sense that she would be 1/12.5 her size when she shrinks which would be about...four inches."

"That is smaller than when Applejack shrunk. At least I will be able to see her." Rarity replied.

"Yeah that is fortunate. So when she shrinks you can't take your eyes off of her. I am going to bed shortly to regain my powers so I can grow her back as soon as possible." Twilight sighed.

"But it's only five o'clock." Rarity responded.

"I am exceptionally, weak right now. Besides I already ate something for dinner so I feel ready to go to bed." Twilight yawned.

"Alright so if she does shrink when do you think she will start?"

"About nine or so but keep an eye on her from seven o'clock on. Get her in your room by then to be safe. Don't let anyone else see her."

"I will protect her with my life." Rarity vowed.

"Good, see you tomorrow."

"Sleep well, Twilight."

"You too, Rarity."

===============

Everyone missed Twilight during dinner and only some went to their rooms early. When Applejack got to her room at around seven Twilight was fast asleep. Applejack was feeling equally tired, so she decided to hit the hay. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie went on an evening stroll through the city. Luna and Celestia, even though without their powers were still rulers of Equestrian, worked with Cadence and Shining Armor to set up communications with the nearby kingdoms who were also facing the changelings. That left Rarity and Fluttershy. Rarity requested some fabrics to make a small accessory and a book to keep Fluttershy entertained. Following Twilight's advice she got Fluttershy into their room at seven. She refused to let Fluttershy sleep in fear that she would get lost in the covers. So Rarity worked nervously with her fabrics to pass the time.

The clock struck seven thirty.

Rarity was paying close attention to Fluttershy reading her book making sure she didn't leave. A few times Rarity was afraid Fluttershy had snuck out while she was busy with the fabric so she didn't want to completely lose herself in her work. After a bit, she decided to make a hat.

The clock struck eight.

So far Fluttershy was still normal height but Rarity could tell she was getting tired. However she was not about to let her go to bed.

"Rarity, I think I am going to bed." Fluttershy yawned.

"No!" Rarity said a bit too loud. "I mean you are almost done with that book right?"

"Yeah, three chapters left."

"Good, well, go finish it then." Rarity pleaded.

"Alright." Fluttershy said curiously.

That was a close one. Rarity thought.

The clock struck eight thirty.

"Wow, you were right Rarity. I'm glad I finished the book that was a great ending." Fluttershy said, putting the book down.

"So how did it end?"

"Well, Sherlock hooves and Trotson gathered the suspects in the room and staged Mrs. Maretha's death saying the killer poisoned her. However the driver said that he didn't poison her but that he put a snake in her room. With that he ran out of the room and the butler told Sherlock and Trotson to chase him. However when he was caught he said he was paid by the real killer to lie and run. That gave away the real killer. So Sherlock and Trotson got the police and Mrs. Martha, and caught the killer."

"Who was it?" Rarity asked.

"The one who hurried Sherlock to go on the chase." Fluttershy responded happily.

"The butler! I should have known." Rarity said in a surprised tone.

"Me too! But I forgot about him because he was out of the story for most of it."

"Ah well, he was shown justice."

"I think I will take a soothing bath then go to bed."

"Why that sounds delig-" Rarity began but then the thought of Fluttershy shrinking down then drowning in her bath came to her just as Fluttershy opened the door to the bathroom.

"Actually, wouldn't you rather me give you a massage? I have picked up some tips from Aloe and Lotus." Rarity asked.

"But I'd rather have a bath." Fluttershy argued.

"Yes, but, but, we are out of hot water. Cadence told me that they ran out around six thirty." Rarity said with a completely fake smile.

Fluttershy looked with confusion and disapproval for a moment but then agreed.

Eight forty-five

Rarity and Fluttershy sat on the edge of the bed while Rarity lightly massaged Fluttershy's shoulders. Rarity had to admit that she never really talked to Aloe or Lotuse but she got the hang of it after a few moments. 15 minutes I should start figuring out how to tell her.

"Am I doing well?" Rarity asked, while massaging Fluttershy's shoulders.

"Yes, that's fine." Fluttershy responded.

Rarity tried to think of something to continue the conversation. Come on Rarity one topic.

"So, how did you feel when you were...you know...50 feet tall?" Rarity said as she quickly regretted it.

Except that one

"Uuuh, what do you mean?"

Okay now I'm stuck with it.

"I mean what were you thinking? How did it feel? You know..." Rarity responded sheepishly.

Fluttershy thought for a moment then responded quietly.

"It was interesting I guess I mean I had a nice view all of the time and I was stronger."

"Well, that's nice to hear."

"But," Fluttershy continued.

"But?"

"I was always nervous." Fluttershy whispered.

"Why? you were the biggest thing out there nothing could have hurt you."

"That's what I mean if I tripped or stepped on one of you when i was that big I would have crushed you. Plus, I must have been able to be seen from a mile away. All of the changelings could have found me."

Is she serious?

"No, you were strong and you would have been careful."

"But what if I-"

"Stop with the what if's Fluttershy." Rarity said bringing Fluttershy and herself to their feet.

"You would have been careful and you have helped us more than you realize."

"But..."

"But nothing." Rarity said pulling Fluttershy's face to look at her. "Without you we would still be in that dungeon. You're a hero, and not just then. What about that dragon who was snoring smoke? Or the manticore we ran into on the way to stop nightmare moon? Plus, besides a hero you are a wonderful friend." Rarity said, staring straight into Fluttershy's eyes.

Fluttershy sniffed and rubbed her now tear filled eyes.

"That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." She said with a smile on her face.

"Come here." Rarity said hugging her friend. "You're a wonderful pony. You just need to not sell yourself short."

The clock struck nine.

Speaking of short.

For a few seconds they continued to hug and Rarity waited to see Fluttershy start shrinking. Eventually, they broke the hug and Fluttershy brushed her hair to the side.

"Thanks, Rarity, I needed that."

"No problem, darling."

Suddenly, Fluttershy had a very confused look on her face.

"Rarity, since when have you been taller than me?" Fluttershy asked quizzically.

Uh oh

Apparently, Fluttershy had been slowly shrinking and was now a good six inches shorter than Rarity.

Think of something, Rarity. Think of something now!

So Rarity grabbed her finished hat off of her desk and put it over Fluttershy's head. By now she had shrunk down a good foot from her normal height and the hat completely covered her head. Rarity then ran over to the closet and grabbed a nightgown and threw it over Fluttershy.

"Rarity? What are you doing?" Fluttershy asked, struggling under all of the fabric.

If I can keep her from realizing that she's shrinking then she won't freak out as much.

Obviously, Rarity went a little crazy. All of this time Fluttershy tried to get the clothes off but since she was at less than half her normal height she was having difficulty. Rarity ran into the bathroom to grab some towels. When she came out she gasped. Rarity stared in horror at the pile of clothes on the ground. Fluttershy was nowhere to be seen.

"Fluttershy." Rarity said quietly as she walked over to the pile.

She then lifted up the clothes with her magic which revealed the tiny yellow pegasus curled up in a ball, shaking, scared half to death.

"P-please d-don't hurt m-me." Fluttershy stammered.

"Fluttershy, its me, Rarity. Don't worry you're safe." Rarity said kneeling down and lowering her head. "It's alright, Twilight had to shrink you to save you. When you fell in the water you were to big to carry out so you would have drowned. Twilight said the spell would have a delayed reaction, so now the spell caught up to you."

"T-twilight did this?" Fluttershy whimpered.

"Only to save you. She didn't tell you because you've had so much trouble over the past few days, but Twilight said she could fix you tomorrow."

"O-okay." Fluttershy whimpered, almost crying.

"Here," Rarity said carefully picking her up in her hooves. "Let's go to bed now."

Fluttershy simply nodded in response, still scared out of her mind, as Rarity carried her over to the bed. Because she was so small, Rarity decided to let Fluttershy on the second pillow in her bed, covered in a towel, while she slept on the other side. Rarity, then, turned out the light and got comfortable.

"Goodnight, Fluttershy." Rarity turned and whispered.

"Goodnight, Rarity." Fluttershy began. "Thank you, again for taking care of me and saying all of the things. I'm sorry that I'm so scared. I just want everything to be back to normal; and being 50 feet tall then a few inches tall doesn't help."

"Don't worry everything will be alright soon." Rarity said with a hopeful smile.

Good thing I kept this a secret like Twilight asked. Rarity thought.

Finally, the two friends drifted off to sleep.

=============

"Wow, first giant now tiny. Flutters has to be freaked." Rainbow Dash said, listening through the thin wall between Fluttershy's room and hers.

"Told you spying on people would be fun." Pinkie Pie said.

"Well let's go to bed, Pinkie, I'm kinda tired."

"Okie dokie Loki!" Pinkie said in response.

"Remember keep this a secret." Dash whispered.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Pinkie Pie promised.

With that, the last two friends retired to bed.