• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 1,900 Views, 52 Comments

Devious Dining - ImpossibleReflection



Twilight and luna get together, or do they? what does chrysalis have planned?

  • ...
8
 52
 1,900

Luna's Letter

Luna's loneliness

The clock strikes ten in the afternoon. Many of the ponies are getting in bed or are getting ready. In some places there are parties still going on. Canterlot, however, is not a town with many late night parties.

Princess Luna stared from her balcony, she watched as candles where being blown out across the city. Her heart sank each time another light went dark. Since she was for the most part nocturnal, and only awake in the day for important matters, she had not much chance to acquaint with ponies. She sighed as another candle went dark.

She decided to stop watching the city and look up to her canvas, the beautiful night sky. Jeweled precisely, it was very hard work on her part, but is one of the more beautiful sights in Equestira, yet few actually look at it.

The princess had only a few friends. Her sister the main one. A couple astronomers who run the Canterlot observatory, they stayed up half the night then traded off. Then there was Twilight sparkle, without her help she would not have been able to speak to the astronomers properly.

Many of the citizens of Equestria still did not trust Luna, still believing her to still be Nightmare Moon, or Nightmare Moon in disguise, others fear her because they believed that she would become Nightmare Moon once more. Since her return some even dared not go outside at night, though they where a small percentage, there where enough of them that it was noticeable.

These numbers are growing ever smaller, but the smaller their numbers the slower their numbers decrease. She looked down to the palace courtyard, where the Night Guard was patrolling the castle. She did not socialize with them. They where soldiers, and therefore would only address her as a soldier to their general. That made conversation nigh on impossible.

Luna grew bored and began reading a novel. She was reading a romance novel, since being a princess lead to little time to actually do anything romantic, and when she could get the chance usually her stature would simply get in the way of it. So instead she read romance novels, just to know what it was like. The particular novel she was reading, was about a mare named Avah Rachael Age, who had just fell in love, but the buck she fell in love with was oblivious. Luna was at the standard part where she was about to proclaim her love to him. Or at least that was what Luna had inferred, because of the order of other novels such as this.

She quietly began reading under her glorious moonlight. She had forgotten all that was happening around her as became lost within the words. Her heart began to race as she was about to tell the stallion how she felt. Her heart was beating very fast.

After she read it, she was quivering with anticipation. The buck acknowledged her feelings, and accepted her love. At reading that Luna sighed happily and hugged the book. She then remembered she was outside on the balcony, she looked around to try and make sure there was nopony out 'moon gazing' again, she didn't want another rumor that her sister would have to deal with.

She went back inside to continue reading, She didn't want to take any more chances about being watched by one of those creepy ponies who always watch the princesses. Luna wish she could be in a relationship just like Avah, but she had no clue where to start and the only stallions she knew where the Royal Guard.

~~~

In Ponyville Twilight was also engrossed in a book. she had just bought it recently and was reading it for the first time. She was reading an already familiar story to you however, about one Avah R. Age. She was reading the very end of it. Twilight loved all genres of books, but romance novels gave her insight into something she had, effectively, no real knowledge of. The next book on her list to read was one that made her quite nervous, one she tried to put off, but knew she would have to read eventually. She was confused, and the only way she knew how to get past confusion was to read a book.

While stalling for time to put off reading it, she wondered what had happened to surprise, she had not seen her in a few days. She shrugged it off assuming that she had found work and a place to stay. She picked up the book, titled "What's your preference?" she reluctantly flipped to the first page. She began reading, the first chapter was titled, "The heart wants what it wants."

She was about two pages in when she received a letter delivered to her door. The letter had only her address on it, no other markings. When she opened it her heart skipped a beat. On the inside flap of the envelope was the seal of the lunar princess. She began to read the letter

Dear Twilight Sparkle

We are quite lonely in this castle. We were hoping to spend a day with you. It shall be such a fun time. 'Twas so much fun the last time we came to Ponyville, I was hoping we could have some more. We hope that you will accept our offer, and respond with good haste. And please keep this away from my sister, she thinks we shall be going on a regular spa trip.

Sincerely

Princess Luna

~~~

Meanwhile in Canterlot

A knock on Luna's door awakens her, she is grumpy for being awoken. However she likes being woken up, because no one dares to wake her up without cause. Upon opening it, she found one of her night guard with levitating a letter. She had given them instructions that certain letters where to be brought to her as soon as they arrived. If they involved the fate of Equestria, If they where from somepony she knew, which was a short list, they were to be brought to her immediately. She thanked her guard and dismissed him. Then opened up the letter assuming it was something dire happening in the country.

Dear Princess Luna

This is twilight sparkle. I wanted to come to Canterlot to visit with you again. I rarely eve see you or converse with you. So a nice stroll in the Canterlot gardens one night next week would be so much fun. And during the night it will be so beautiful out. Being a princess must be stressful, please write back quickly.

Sincerely

Twilight sparkle

If Luna's books had any actual fact in them, this was a sign that Twilight may have feelings for her. However Luna decided to err on the side of caution, and just see how this went.

~~~

Twilight however did not pick up on the romantic clues embedded into the letter, but she was still very excited, because she would get to spend another day with Luna. She needed to start planning immediately.