• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 1,900 Views, 52 Comments

Devious Dining - ImpossibleReflection



Twilight and luna get together, or do they? what does chrysalis have planned?

  • ...
8
 52
 1,900

Failing Folly

Failing folly

Luna was sitting in the meeting, her mind completely elsewhere, specifically, at Twilight's library. She was hoping this meeting would end quickly so she could hurry on to Twilight's house. She really wanted to see the look on her face when she showed up at her door.

The meeting was over economy and basic politics, while Luna was good at that it was far from something she enjoyed. She would rather be anywhere than this meeting, but mostly she would rather be in the company of Twilight Sparkle.

With her daydreaming the meeting passed faster than expected. After being bidden good day, the equivalent of goodnight to one who is nocturnal, by her sister, Luna snuck out her window and head off towards Ponyville. Princesses are the fastest type of pony, even the fabled Rainbow Dash may come to her loss in a race with a princess.

The trip did not take long, and soon she was in Ponyville. She figured that since Twilight was the student of Celestia, a visit from her sister would not be too out of the ordinary, just as long as it didn't happen too often.

Twilight was in her shower, preparing for the date with 'Luna' she was going to have later, unaware that the real Luna was almost at her doorstep. Twilight was cleaning her mane and tail so heavily that even Rarity would be impressed by it.

Twilight as well was showering, was lost in a daydream. About you guessed it, Princess Luna. She was imagining the fun they were going to have at the nature walk. She wasn't that fond of being outside, but if it let her spend time with Luna, she would be up for anything. She was soon aroused from her daydream by a knock on her door.

Twilight used a spell she had enchanted her door with. A magical peephole if you will, to see outside of her door. She nearly fell down in the shower after seeing who it was. She didn't bother to dry off her mane on her way down. She quickly opened the door.

Luna stood there with her mouth agape. There standing before her was twilight, hair wet and dripping over her shoulders and down into her eyes. Looking through her mane, "You're early," Twilight smiled, "Normally I would freak out, but since it's you. Come on in."

"Early? We came here on a whim. This visit was to be a surprise. How can we be early, you shouldn't have known we were coming," Spoke the lunar princess as she walked into the library.

"But you sent me a letter," Twilight floated her the letter inviting Twilight to the nature walk.

"We did not write this?" Luna was wondering how this happened.

Twilight examined Luna, Her magic was blue, so she couldn't be a changeling. Changeling magic was green, at least that is what she had thought. "Then who did?"

"We hath no idea Twilight, but we shall find out later this evening."

They could not wait in silence of course, so Luna began, "Twilight, how much did thee enjoy our Meteor shower we gave thee at the picnic?"

"But our picnic was during the daytime," Twilight informed Luna a touch of confusion in her voice.

This dishearten the lunar princess, meaning that the twilight she was dating was false, "Then it looks like I have been dating an imposter," Luna was sad, and enraged at the same time.

"Princess Luna?" Twilight Queried, becoming worried about Luna.

Twilight herself was feeling the same, but more confused on the matter than actually feeling anything.

"Leave me be Twilight Sparkle, I need to gather my thoughts."

Luna became very depressed at the notion, She sat there crying in the corner. Twilight came over to see how she could help, but twilight was waved off.

Twilight did just that until the time when Twilight was supposed to meet 'Luna' at the gorge. "Luna, We should go now if we are going to catch the imposter."

"Yes We must Bring this imposter to justice," She looked at the clock, it was almost four, "How should we get there, it is almost four now?"

"Well I was going to teleport, but have you been to the ghastly gorge?"

"No, So we cannot teleport there, How about We fly us over there with you on my back?" Luna asked and Twilight nodded.

They went outside, and Luna took a knee so that Twilight may climb onto her back. Twilight hugged as strong as she could around Luna's neck without actually squeezing her neck. Twilight could feel the softness of Luna's coat. Luna could smell the real Twilight's natural scent. she enjoyed Twilight's natural clean smell to a strong perfume.

Luna Spread her wings and Flew at incredible speed, Twilight hung on for dear life.


Chrysalis awaited disguised as Luna, at the beginning of the trail that goes along the ridge of the gorge. She believed that Twilight would teleport there any second. But when she heard wings zooming in and a loud thud of something large landing she turned around. There was the Real princess Luna, with Twilight Sparkle.

Chrysalis tried to run away, but was quickly wrapped in blue magic. "Hello Imposter, reveal thine true form."

Luna's horn glowed brighter, and with a large electric sound emanating from the aura around chrysalis the disguise was throne and Revealed the true form of Chrysalis.

"We art assuming thou art a changeling, Sister was right you do look very odd. We are going to take you immediately to our sister. Twilight do you wish to come?"

"Yes," She spoke angrily.

Twilight was furious, once she replaced her foalsitter, and now she assumed Luna and played her for Twilight's love, as well as vise versa for Luna's love.

"Stand close Twilight, we are about to teleport back to the castle."

With a bright flash all three had disappeared, only to reappear in the Canterlot Castle throne room.

"Dear sister we found this imposter posing as us."

"Chrysalis! You not only try and replace my niece for her wedding, you also try to replace my sister. You are going to the dungeons for this."

"Celestia, she also tried being me."

"And my student? What have you to gain from either of them? as far as I know they aren't in any relationships."

"Well," Spoke Chrysalis, "Your prized pupil has become infatuated with your sister."

"And that is their business, and you should have left them to it. You are going Straight to the dungeons for further interrogation and imprisonment."

With that Celestia and Chrysalis where whisked away in a flash of brilliant Yellow light. leaving only Twilight and Luna left in the Canterlot Throne room.