• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 890 Views, 3 Comments

THE FINAL BATTLE - MySecretLife11



Two of Ponyville's biggest foes are back and, this time, intend to destroy Equestria.

  • ...
 3
 890

It's Not Over Yet...

"She's once again in the moon", Princess Celestia said.

Everypony looked up at once. Since the roof had collapsed, the moon shined brightly above them.

An outline of craters on the moon created a portrait of a smiling Princess Luna.

"She's gone", Princess Celestia whispered, a tear gliding down her cheek.

This was when everypony was suppose to cheer. When the 50,000 ponies were suppose to rejoice. The changelings were gone. Discord was not around anymore. Princess Luna was gone for hundreds of generations.

But nopony was happy.

The skies remained dark, the rain still poured, and everything was still broken and ruined.

Only the Elements of Harmony could've fixed it.

Twilight, shocked, whispered, "This isn't the big victory I was hoping of."

Pinkie Pie's mane flattened. Rarity closed her eyes. Applejack tilted her hat over her teary eyes. Rainbow Dash looked at the ground. Fluttershy whimpered.

"Only the link you six shared had a chance of stopping this. But with the Elements gone, we can't bring that link out", Princess Celestia said sadly.

Twilight thought long and hard. There were no spells that could bring out their link.

It was over. Equestria was destroyed.

The 50,000 brony ponies bowed their heads. The Equestria they dreamed of coming to was gone.

Princess Luna and Discord won.

"WAIT!!!" Twilight cried.

Everypony raised their heads, ignoring the cold rain.

"THERE IS STILL HOPE!" she cried. "I KNOW HOW TO MAKE THIS ALL BETTER!"

She walked over to her five best friends.

"Girls! The Elements of Harmony isn't the only link we shared!"

Rainbow Dash mumbled, "Get it outta your head, Twi. Equestria is gone."

"No! And Dash!" Twilight cried, a smile growing on her face. "You're the only one who can make this right!"

Princess Celestia, along with the other 50,000 ponies' ears perked up.

"Dash", Twilight said. "You also created a link between us! Remember! That Sonic Rainboom you did when you were just a filly! It gave us all our cutie marks! There's a link! You created a link when you did the Sonice Rainboom and gave us our cutie marks!"

"Oh my gosh..." Dash whispered.

It was true.

Princess Celestia cried, "Twilight's right! We don't need the Elements to bring out your link! What we need is a..."

Everypony's eyes widen, and they realized where this was going.

Princess Celestia smiled, "We need a Sonic Rainboom! One powerful enough to bring out your links! One powerful enough to restore Equestria!"

Everypony gasped over the wind and rain.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight cried, turning to her. "We need a Sonic Rainboom! Only a Sonic Rainboom by you will make everything better! Back to normal!"

The wind picked up, and a lightning bolt struck in the distance.

Rainbow Dash got a confident look on her face.

"Let's do this", she said.

Rainbow Dash flapped her wings and took off into the dark storming sky.

The 50,000 ponies stared in anticipation. Could this be it?

Rainbow Dash flew and flew, and flew, into the roaring, unforgiving rain.

"Be careful!" Princess Celestia cried, raising a hoof.

Rainbow Dash took off, going up, up, up, until she was out of sight.

Rainbow Dash screeched to a halt, and looked below her. She saw Ponyville in the distance. Ponies were filing out, moving on to better land. Ponies were abandoning Ponyville.

Houses were collapsing. Rainbow Dash saw Twilight's library crumble to the ground right before her eyes.

She turned her head to Canterlot. The whole city was flooded and dark. The castle's roof was missing, rain destroying everything in sight.

"NO MORE!" Rainbow Dash screamed.

She shut her eyes and took off downward, picking up speed every second, the air rushing through her mane.

She put out her hooves. "C'MON!!!" she screamed.

A bit of light began to form at the tip of her hooves and... it started to grow.

Within seconds, she was a speeding bullet.

Back on the ground, 50,000 ponies were screaming and cheering over the rain.

Rainbow Dash heard it, and sped up.

A small red light formed in front of her.

She ducked her head and accelerated to her absolute max.

This was it. Now or never.

The red light grew into a rainbow. They shimmered in front of her, glowing in the rainy night. The rainbow turned into an arrow, making Rainbow Dash go faster.

Suddenly...

BOOM

An array of bright colors erupted behind Rainbow Dash, illuminating the dark skies.

A Sonic Rainboom.

The Sonic Rainboom cloud grew and grew wider, driving several dark clouds away, revealing sunlight, after all this time of blackness!

Rainbow Dash screeched to halt and landed back into the roofless castle, standing next to Twilight and her friends.

Everypony stared up at her Sonic Rainboom in awe.

It grew wider, driving more clouds away, and more sun shined down on them.

It's rays shown down upon Equestria and spread out.

The residents of Ponyville looked up in awe as rainbow rays flooded Ponyville.

Slowly, the mud dried up and turned into dirt roads.

Houses slowly began to rebuild themselves.

Light spread across Ponyville.

Flowers and grass were back. The sun shone brightly. Houses had grown back up in seconds.

The rain stopped, and everything was dry.

Ponyville was back to normal.

The rays spread across Canterlot, making the 50,000 ponies glow, drying their manes.

Buildings rebuilt in front of their eyes. The rain dried up. The sun began to shine. The castle's roof rose and went back in place.

The Sonic Rainboom covered the whole sky. In the distance, cities rebuilt in seconds, as though the sky was one giant rainbow.

Equestria was saved. They had won. Everything was normal. No more rain. The chaos was no more. The skies were bright. And everypony was happy.