• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 2,029 Views, 26 Comments

Two Hearts Becoming One - ponylover

  • ...
21
 26
 2,029

Recovering

It has now been a week since Dash had to explain to the royal guards what happened to her. The good news is that the mom was taken into custody the day of their search. Four days ago that happened and now the dad was still out there. Dash is in so much fear this past week. Several times I woke up to Dash sobbing in her sleep or her frantically looking around in the shadows thinking that he was right there hiding. One night she even tried to fly away taking off the splints that were given to us at the hospital. Then she would try to either jump out the window and jump or fly down the stairs. Each time I managed to wake up just in time to grab her and calm her down the best I could. That was all in one week...now for day eight.
______________________________________________________________________________

Day Eight


I woke up to a usual sound. Dash was whimpering in her sleep again. To say the truth I got used to this. Not that I wanted it to continue I really wanted it to stop. But I went through it just for Dash. Dash was tossing and turning in her sleep her wings seeming to have been twitching while she slept. But something seemed off now. It was as if I was....asleep but awake at the same time. I looked over to Dash and where I thought she was and she wasn’t there. It was just the part of the bed folded to the bed. Almost as If Dash never was there. But the whimpering was still loud along with the sobbing. I got out of the bed and tried to look around the dark room. No matter where I went she wasn’t there.

“Dash where are you?!” I yelled hoping I would get an answer. My only response was the sobbing and whimpering of Dash. This was becoming both scary and weird. I could hear her but I just couldn’t see her. I would even turn around as if she was there only to be met by blackness.

“JOHN HELP PLEASE!” I heard Dash suddenly yell. I became more frantic as I began to search everywhere. I flipped chairs,tables, the bed, and even kicked down the closet doors. I still couldn’t find her anywhere.


“DASH WHERE ARE YOU!?” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

“Turn around dumbuck.” I heard a deep male voice say. I turned around quickly only to see the dad of Dash behind Dash. He had both of her wings in his hooves as if he had a grip on them. He had an evil smirk on his face eyes now beat red with blood. I looked at Dash who was being forced on her hind legs tears streaming down her bloody face. Her muzzle looked broken blood dripping out of her nose and her right eye was deep red almost as if a blood vessel had broken inside her eye.

“John.....please help.” She said between sobs. But before I could say anything the dad rose his right foreleg and put it firmly against her back. Next thing I heard was the sound of bone and flesh breaking and what I saw horrified me to no end. The wings of Dash were torn from her body as blood and crimson flew everywhere. That’s all I saw before I woke up to Dash screaming my name.

“John wake up!” She yelled. My eyes opened slightly and then I sat straight up letting out a horrified gasp of air. I was in cold sweat and breathing heavily. I turned to my right and saw a horrified Dash sitting there half way under the covers. Her wings in splints and look as if nothing bad happened to her. The cuts and bruises now fully healed. I didn’t even think as I just put my arms around her pulling her into a deep hug. She just put her forelegs around me hugging me tightly back. I began to cry both from relief and fear. Relief from her being ok and fear from the nightmare I just had.



“Dash I had the worst nightmare ever. Something happened to you and I couldn’t help you....your dad was there.” I said. She stayed quiet for a bit until she spoke.

“John....what did he do? Did he hurt me?” She asked. I just held her tighter no longer crying anymore.

“Yes he did Dash....I couldn’t do anything to help you...it all happened too fast.” I said. She just pulled away from the hug a little keeping her forelegs around me.

“Don’t blame yourself John.....I know that you would do anything for me and try to keep me safe...that’s enough for me John and we both know it.” That’s when she leaned forward giving me a loving kiss. I just kissed her back as it lasted for several minutes. I pulled away from the kiss breaking it.

“Thanks Dash...it was pretty bad.” I said.

“I know. I saw how much you were squirming and saying my name quietly. But I know you were screaming.” She said. I just nodded at her as I pulled her into a hug. I looked out the window and saw that it was bright and it looked nice outside. A small smile crept onto my face.

“Well today's the day Dash.” I said as I pulled her away. She smiled back at me.


“Yep today’s the day I can get these bandages off finally and John...thanks for everything you did for me.” She said as she nuzzled me in the chest before getting out of bed. I followed her as she left the room so I could change. I opened my drawer and saw the many clothes that Rarity made for me. I pulled out a Blue T-Shirt and Blue shorts. You can tell I like shorts. I quickly changed and went out my door making my way downstairs.


“C’mon John I wanna get these things off!” She whined already at the open door. I just chuckled as I rushed down the stairs and was out the door in a second. Dash was in the lead as we rushed down to the hospital. Sadly on the way was the prison of ponyville. It was close to the hospital but was never talked about and ponies rarely went past it. But we just so happen to go past the big building. It was at least five stories high, had bars on each window, and just looked demonic as hell. Dash stopped her trotting and began to walk slowly by. She looked at the building and just as she did that there was a snap of a twig behind us.

“It’s him!” She yelled as she cowered behind me. I turned and saw that it was just an animal running by. I let out a sigh as I was reminded that the father was still out there. I crouched down to her size turning back to her. She was visibly shaking. I just put my arms around her as I held her close trying my best to calm her down. She just hugged back tightly as if her life depended on it.



“Dash....I have no idea how scared you must be....but I promise you I will protect you to my best ability. We are almost at the hospital....lets go ok?” I said to her with a soothing voice. She nodded as she pulled away from the hug not before kissing me quickly.

“Thanks John.....lets go.” She said as she began to trot away again at a steady pace. I let out a sigh as I followed her. Little did I know that there would be something terrible in the near future that would happen.