• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 1,290 Views, 30 Comments

The Archer of Equestria - Thunder8277



A secret assassin, one final mission, and a land full of colorful ponies.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,290

One Final Mission

The Archer of Equestria

Chapter 1: One final mission

Walking through the snow, cloak wrapped around his body, bow slung over his shoulder, Ken was searching for his target. A secret base where his life long rival was planning on dropping a nuclear bomb onto Hiroshima, hoping to start a war between America and Japan.

It disgusted him.

Remi, former childhood friend and now delusional madman, was trying to start the war just for kicks. It was Ken's mission to stop him at all costs.

Ken had been searching for three hours for the base, following tire tracks and footprints to where it may be. He had to find it fast, his food supply was dwindling quickly and Ken knew he couldn't survive more than a week in the snow without enough food.

Finally, after four more hours of searching, he found it. A large warehouse, four watchtowers surrounding it, holding a helicopter, where it would fly from Mt. Ontake to Hiroshima and drop the bomb. What he saw within the warehouse was what disheartened him.

They were getting ready to take off.

Ken knew that if that bomb were to be dropped onto Hiroshima again, millions of lives would be lost, and they would blame the Americans.

That's when he saw him.

Remi was talking to who Ken was assuming to be the pilot. He had the perfect shot. Taking the longbow off his shoulder, he nocked an arrow, bringing the bow back to a full draw, and steadying his breath. He took aim, raising a little higher, as his years of training had taught him to do so. Ken let go of the arrow.

And it hit Remi straight through the abdomen.

With the speed of a master archer, he nocked another five arrows and shot. Each arrow hitting through the head or neck. Five men down in twelve seconds.

"OVER THERE!" he heard a man in one of the watchtowers shout.

It was too late, by the time he shouted, Ken was already slashing away at other guards with his daggers he was so proud of.

Ken was going all in different directions, a guard falling every three strokes of the blades: overhand, backhand, block, lunge, overhand. Over the course of about forty seconds, he had killed over thirty guards.

"Don't move." said a calm voice behind him. Ken turned around to see Remi holding a 9mm Beretta pointed at him. "I won't hesitate to shoot you in between the eyeballs." Said Remi as he was hobbling towards him clutching his stomach.

Ken was frozen in fear, one slight movement and he would be done for. Remi and Ken had taken archery together, and Ken was always second next to Remi. Ken didn't underestimate his accuracy.

Then, a glimmer of hope. Remi had stumbled, though only for a second, it was all Ken needed. In one swift motion, He tossed his dagger in the air, catching it by the blade, reared back his arm, then threw it towards Remi's arm, causing him to drop the gun and fall back in shock.

In a second, Ken was standing in front of Remi, dagger at his throat. "It didn't have to end like this, you know." Said Ken. "We would have been a great team."

A line of blood oozing out his mouth, Remi spat "Your father screamed like a pig." just as Ken's dagger was plunged into his neck.

Remi may have been taken care of, but he still had the bomb to take care of. As Ken made his way towards the nuke, he noticed something red and moving on the side.

It had been on a timer. There was only forty-five minutes left.

Ken had two options: leave the nuke, blow up the mountain, and be killed by backup someone had surely sent for. Or take the nuke out to sea, keep it away from any civilizations, and be blown up by the nuke.

"Well, let's hope I remember how to fly this thing." mumbled Ken worriedly as he climbed into the cockpit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40 minutes later

Ken was flying over the waters between the Oki Islands and Ulleung. Nuke under the helicopter.

Flying the helicopter gave him some time to reflect on his past before he died: His first kiss, his first days at school, being selected to work for the CIA, How many team members, no, friends he lost during his missions, how many people he killed just to protect other countries.

But above all the things that were on his mind. One thing rang out above the rest of them.

'your father screamed like a pig'

Ken remembers that day like it was yesterday

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was another day of high for him. He wanted to become a chef or a vet. He had a stack of homework to be done, but all he wanted to do was go onto the computer and play World of Warcraft.

Ken put the key into the door and turned clockwise. When he entered the house, something seemed... off. It was very quiet. Usually, his parents would be on the couch watching the news or something. But the house was so still, he could probably hear a mouse's scurry.

"Mom? Dad? I'm home."

No response.

They couldn't have been out shopping, His mom sprained her ankle falling down the last few stairs and both the cars were still parked outside. Something was wrong. He could feel the hairs stand up on the end of his neck.

"Mom!? Dad!? If this is some sort of joke, come out, you got me." he said with a nervous but scared chuckle.

silence.

"THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE! YOU'RE SCARING ME NOW!"

Ken searched every room in the house before finally looking in the basement.

What he saw in there was horrifying. His parents, both hung by their necks, multiple stab wounds in the arms and legs. They were tortured. They also had notes stapled to his parents bodies.

He stood there, staring at the limp bodies, tears running down his eyes, wondering who, what monster could have done this to them. When he finally built up the courage to approach them to read the notes, stapled to his parents, all he could see was red at that point.

'Hope you like the little gift I gave you, sorry about the mess though'

~Remi

His best friend had murdered his parents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was on that day that Ken swore vengeance for what Remi had done. But now that deed had been done, Ken felt something different than what he was expecting to feel. Instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment, he felt sad. He had the blood of his best friend on his hands. Remi may have murdered Ken's parents, but Ken knew he was a schizophrenic that didn't want to get help. He should have told him to go to the therapist instead of giving up on him.

Thirty seconds until detonation

"Well, the past is the past. What's done is done. Look's like this is my final mission. Heh, I always wanted to go out with a bang."

KA-BOOM

Ken heard the explosion of the nuclear bomb, but instead of being blown apart like he was expecting, his whole body felt like it was being pulled in every direction at the same time. He didn't know how long he had been pulled. It could have been seconds, It could have been months. But when he did feel something solid under him, he knew he was alive. He looked around, seeing a dimly lit forest around him.

"So THAT'S what taffy feels like" he said in a dry, raspy voice.

Ken's body went limp as he let the comforting darkness overtook his body.