• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 1,289 Views, 30 Comments

The Archer of Equestria - Thunder8277



A secret assassin, one final mission, and a land full of colorful ponies.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,289

The village

The Archer of Equestria

Chapter 6: The village

"OW! That hurts! Can't you just skip it?" Scootaloo was still getting lemon juice rubbed into her cut.

"Sure, If you don't mind getting a much more painful infection." Ken replied. Scootaloo just grumbled something under her breath.

"So what're you doin' livin' in the Everfree Forest, Ken?" Asked Applebloom. The very thought of just walking that deep into the forest gave her chills. "OW!"

"I don't know, actually. First, I'm flying over the Pacific Ocean, next I'm in this forest. There, all clean." Said Ken as he went to wash his cloak in the stream. It still had blood on it from his last encounter with wolves, but it stopped bleeding long ago.

"What happened to your arm?" Asked Sweetie Belle.

"I was bitten by a wolf. It stopped bleeding though, so don't worry about it. Alright Scootaloo, hold still, we just gotta cover it up and then we're done." Ken said while folding the cloth to fit the filly's tiny leg.

It didn't take long to bandage the small leg. Ken stood up, clapped his hands together and said "Ok, we are done! try not to put too much pressure on that leg, alright?"

"Okay." grumbled Scootaloo

"Good. Now, do you three know how to get home?" Ken asked. The three looked at each other, hoping one other knew the way. They all shook their heads.

"Do you need some help getting there?" Ken asked, trying to stay calm. On the inside, Ken was bursting with excitement. He would've never been able to work up the courage to go to the village by himself. But if he was surrounded by three adorable fillies, the country just might not go into a giant panic.This is what he needed to get accepted into society and get back home.

"That would be mighty nice o' ya. Sure." Applebloom said thankfully.

"Good, because I have arrows printed into the ground leading to that village over there. C'mon, we aren't getting any closer just lazing around." Ken said as he restrung his bow. He had already thrown his quiver over his shoulder.

"What's that?" asked Scootaloo.

"This is my bow, It fires these arrows at high speeds so then... you know what? I'll just show you." Ken said. He took an arrow out of the quiver, nocked it, and aimed behind the trio and asked "See that sapling over there?" It was about forty feet away and no more than four inches tall. needless to say, it was barely visible.

"You're gonna shoot that? Are ya crazy? Ah can barely see it!" Applebloom exclaimed.

*WHOOSH* *THUD*

The three stared in amazement as the sapling was hit and the arrow was stuck in a tree trunk.

"Well, let's go, and pick up your jaws." Ken said walking towards the first arrow. After four more seconds of wonder, the trio started following Ken to Ponyville.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

A certain pegasus was flying over the Everfree Forest, looking for the cutie mark crusaders.

"Ugh, How far could three fillies have gotten?" Rainbow Dash said annoyed. She had been searching for half an hour, which would have been three days in Rainbow Dash time. She already checked with Zecora, who said she had not seen them at all.

It was getting dark, and Rainbow Dash knew she wouldn't have been able to see in the dark. As much as she didn't want to, she had to postpone the search until the next day. But from the corner of her eye, she saw three fillies along with a large... whatever that thing was. It seemed to be chasing them. Was it going to eat them?

Fearing for the worst, Rainbow Dash sped towards the fillies, leaving behind a rainbow trail.

"DON'T WORRY GIRLS!!! I'M COMING!!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the walk back to Ponyville, the three fillies had told Ken all about their club devoted to helping other ponies getting their cutie marks. The Cutie Mark Crusaders. After telling him everything about the club, It was starting to get boring.

"I'm bored!" said Scootaloo.

"We'll be there in like, five minutes, just hold your horses. *snicker* horses." said Ken.

"But if we run, we could be there in less time." replied Scootaloo.

"I wouldn't, remember, that leg is still in bad condition. It would be best not to run." Ken said with an air of authority.

"Okay. I wo-" was all Scootaloo said before buzzing her wings and zooming across the land. She was surprisingly fast.

"Scootaloo!" Shouted the other two as they chased after their feathered friend.

"HEY! GET BACK HERE!" Ken shouted angrily as the three ran off. They had a head start, but Ken was taller and had longer legs. He was taking long strides to get the three. He could see the village not too far off. He was gaining on the cutie mark crusaders. He was fifteen feet away. Ten. Five. 'Oh fuck me' was all Ken could think as he saw a beam of rainbow rushing towards him.

*SMACK* *CRASH*

Ken was on his back unconscious while Rainbow Dash was screaming at him

"-AND IF YOU EVER TRY TO EAT THOSE THREE AGAIN, SO HELP ME I WIL-"

"RAINBOW DASH!" Scootaloo screamed as she threw her hooves around the rainbow pegasus' neck before noticing Ken.

"What happened to Ken?" Scootaloo asked curiously.

"Who?" Now Rainbow Dash was confused. Scootaloo was worried about a monster that was about to eat her and her friends.

"Ken." Applebloom pointed to the human that had a hoofmark across his face. She and Sweetie Belle had returned after they realized Scootaloo wasn't with them. "He saved us from a pack of timber wolves. But what happened to 'im?"

"Oh, yeah, I uhh, knocked him outcold, yeah, with one punch." Rainbow Dash said while proudly puffing out her chest and holding her chin up high.

"WOW! really? He took down an entire pack of timber wolves and you just punched him?" Scootaloo asked, looking up at her idol.

"You did what?" asked a quiet voice full of venom. The four turned their head fearfully at the voice. What the group saw would haunt their lives forever. What they saw was a very angry Fluttershy.