• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 1,290 Views, 30 Comments

The Archer of Equestria - Thunder8277



A secret assassin, one final mission, and a land full of colorful ponies.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,290

A new home (part 2)

The Archer of Equestria

Chapter 4: A new home (part 2)

Waking up to the smell of smoldering wood, the sounds of birds chirping, and the sun shining on his face, Ken was having a good morning so far. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Ken sat up and started stretching.

Eating some leftovers from his previous night's dinner, Ken was deep in thought, wondering what he will do about his tent. His first one was a disaster, the supports collapsing before he could put any type of cloth or leaf on it. His second one wasn't much better. The supports lasted just a bit longer than his last, but fell over, breaking into a jumble of sinew and sticks, as he put a cloth on it.

Lost in thought, Ken didn't notice the pack of wolves, spying on their next potential victim

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spying on the tall creature, the gray wolf was planning on how to kill it. It didn't seem to have any defenses. There were no claws, Its teeth weren't sharp, and It didn't have a tough build. An easy kill.

With a low growl, the wolf called upon his three companions and started following the new creature.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picking up sticks for the supports of his tent, Ken heard a rustle in the bushes behind him. Dropping his sticks and reaching for the hilts of his daggers, four wolves jumped from all around him. They all had a determined look on their faces. They were hungry.

All four of the wolves were circling him, looking for an opening to take a bite out of Ken's neck. One wolf, a younger one by his size, had circled around to Ken's back. Knowing that he wasn't looking, it snarled, then with a loud bark, leaped toward's Ken's neck, ready to take a bite.

*SHINK*

The wolf had fallen with a thud and a hole in its side. Ken had heard the snarl and reacted quickly. Drawing his daggers , Ken twirled and stabbed the now bloodied wolf. Two other wolves had seen this as an opportunity and attacked.

*SHINK* *THUD* "AHH!"

Ken had taken out one wolf, but the other had reached him. Its aim was slightly off though and had taken a bite out of his arm, where the humerus should be. In pain, losing his concentration on his last opponent, Ken started stabbing and slashing at the wolf that had done him harm. Eventually, he let the mutilated body fall to the ground.

Seeing the three other wolves killed by this creature made the last wolf run for its life. Ken considered putting an arrow through its head, but decided not to waste it. His arm probably wouldn't be able to handle the strain anyway.

He picked up the sticks to build his tent and started towards his campsite. His arm was burning with strain. 'I wish I had some bandages.' Ken thought as he forgot how terrible he was at making tents.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 minutes later

"Ugh, finally done." Grunted Ken. He was bandaging his arm with his now useless cloak, and it was difficult due to the fact that he had only one arm and his jaws.

Ken took another drink of water and went to get started on the tent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours later

*THUD* "FUCK!"

Yet another one of Ken's tents had fallen. Over the four hours, he had built close to sixty frames, all falling under its own weight.

Ken started kicking at the sticks laid in a jumble while using all sorts of colorful language directed towards them. It took about ten minutes for Ken to calm down and realize how hungry he actually was. But with his injured arm, there was no way of hunting for any food without scaring it away. He would have to gather fruits and berries.

Ken unstrung his bow and set it by a tree next to his quiver of arrows. There was no point in putting any extra strain in the bow if he probably wouldn't be able to use it anyway. Ken made sure he still had his daggers, then went to gather his dinner.

Walking off into the forest, Ken was taking in all the beautiful sights. The tall trees hiding most sunlight, but not enough to make him think 'Oh god, where am I going?' The chirping of birds, the slight breeze in the air. Ken almost wanted to sit down, take out his ocarina, and just play any random tune. But he saw no need when he was just about to leave for Japan. It would be unnecessary weight and there would be no time to play it. Ken sighed and went back to his hunt for food.

After about ten minutes of walking, Ken saw a tree full of oranges. 'Why are there fruits from my world? Am I still on Earth? Is this an undiscovered area? Can I get back home?

Leaving his thoughts aside, He started picking them for his next meal. He would ask about it when he built up the courage to reveal himself to the village. If they had boats or planes He might be able to send him back.

Ken went deeper into the forest after picking four oranges to look for more food. 'If this place has oranges, maybe they have mangoes' Ken thought with a massive grin. He loved mangoes.

He found nothing more than those oranges, some blueberries and a lemon. He would use the lemon to disinfect his bite when he got back to camp. The banana tree he found didn't have any bananas, but he could still use the leaves to steam fish when his arm healed. The more Ken saw similar fruits, the more he though that he was still on Earth. Ken decided to go back to camp and grab about six more oranges on the way. It would take time for his wound to heal, and he would rather gather more now and spend more time relaxing than gathering less everyday and spend more time getting food.

About twenty more minutes of walking and Ken found the orange tree and his camp. He picked six more oranges from the tree. Ken wasn't hungry yet and he sure as hell didn't want to build another frame for a tent, So he looked around.

Once again taking in the sights, Ken decided to sit and just enjoy his surroundings. There was still about two and a half hours until dusk. Finding a comfortable spot under a tree, Ken sat, stretched, and let his mind wander. Back on Earth, he would always daydream about random things. Memories, current situations, or something as random as a sink full of canned spray cheese. Right now, he was wondering what the future holds for him.

Leaning his head back, Ken sighed in relaxation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS POTION MAKERS YAY!" the trio shouted as they ran into the woods, heading for a certain zebra's house.