• Published 2nd Nov 2012
  • 1,724 Views, 64 Comments

Was there a memo I didn't get? - Galaneth



Hello, my name is Shane, I'm sure I went to sleep still having hands among other things.

  • ...
2
 64
 1,724

A good question.(Edit)

"Hm? Wait, you're looking at me, and you can hear me?" He said after a few moments of staring went by.

"Yes...." Was all I could get out for the moment.

"Huh, here I was thinking that things may have been more normal then I originally thought. Although this conversation says otherwise." He said with a hoof to his chin.

"How are you...?" I try to begin saying.

"Standing here like this?" He finishes, to which I nod.

"Actually, I've been doing this for quite some time, you could never see me is all."

"Just how long is 'quite some time'?"

"Since you first woke up!" He said too cheerfully.

"I'm not sure if I even want to try being mad or surprised about this." I say lifting a hoof to my head.

"Anyway, you're not physically here, are you?" I continue.

"No, of course not. If I had to guess, I'd think it would be the moonlight that's making this one possible. Still, it's just a guess, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true though. You know, different world holding different properties and all."

"Anything else you would like to bring out in the open?" I ask.

"Yes actually, something's been bothering me since arrived on this cloud."

"I don't like the sound of that, it's nothing bad is it?"

"Well, I don't know if it's bad or not."

"You're not making it sound any better." I said making him visibly sigh.

"Let me explain first, my concern is more towards our talent." He while observing me as he walked around.

"Okay, what about it?"

"It seems as though I was partially right, they might have diminished a little, though not as much as I had thought originally."

"Are you gonna shed some light on that soon?" I said while getting slightly impatient.

"If you don't interrupt me, yes I will." He said as he came to a stop by my tail.

"Though instead of telling you, I think it will be better for you to see it. Like I said before, your mane and tail act as a conduit for the energy you gain from moonlight. The current setting is probably best to try out what I'm talking about, take your tail and move it like you're trying to paint something with it." He instructed.

"How am I supposed to do that again?" I ask.

"How do you not know by now?"

"Well, I didn't really put much attention to my flank when I first woke up as this and I certainly didn't give much attention to it since I became a mare."

"I don't see why not, it is your body after all."

"Yeah but, it just feels so wrong at the same time!"

"Wrong or not, you're gonna have to deal with it sooner or later, especially when you get into taking a shower among other things."

"You had to remind me didn't you?"

"We're getting off subject here, it shouldn't be hard finding the muscles you need to move your tail. Oh wait, I know what you can do!" He exclaimed rather suddenly.

"What?"

"You could do the same thing you did when you flashed that vet your hind quarters earlier."

"I'm going to pretend I didn't just hear that."

"Whether you did or not, it's still the same thing."

"Whatever."

Even though I didn't like it, he had a point, but it doesn't help that I have to go back to that embarrassing memory for it. I hope I didn't leave any lasting impacts on that poor guy. Anyway, retracing the movements from earlier, I flicked my tail out causing a streak of something that looked like a cross between liquid and gas to appear.

"Yes that's it, that is lunar energy when it's manifested out of your body." Glint said as I turned around to look at the substance.

"So, how does this stuff work exactly?" I say putting out a hoof to touch it.

"I still don't fully understand it myself, but what I do know is that when you want it to be, it's like putty in your hooves"

"You're not kidding." I say as I sit back on my haunches, the energy fell around both of my hooves in an almost cloth like manner.

"Yeah, sometimes I can get it to do what I want it to, other times it almost acts like it has a will of its own." He said as I twirled it around, then rolling it in to a ball tossing it off the cloud to watch it dissipate in a sparkly way.

"Is that all you'd like to share for the moment?" I say as he gained a thoughtful look.

"No, I can't say there's anything else from the top of my head." He said decisively.

"Okay then, now I can move on to how I'm gonna get down." I say walking up to the edge of the cloud to look down.

"Ugh, this isn't gonna be easy." I say almost to myself as I gained a familiar feeling in my legs.

"You're not afraid of heights are you?"

"No!" I say before pausing for a few moments.

"I'm afraid of falling from long distances." I say, causing him to give me an 'are you serious?' look.

"But, you're a pegasus and you flew up here!" He said giving me a turn to give him that same look.

"Don't pull that on me, you know that I was under a weird euphoria I got from looking at the moon!" I say, causing him to rear back a little.

"Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about that one, it's been a really long time since that last happened to me." He said with slight nostalgia to his expression.

"Whatever, I still need to find a way down." I say looking down again to get that feeling back.

"It's really not that hard, you just have to jump and spread your wings." He said while doing just that.

"Says a projected image of a pony in my mind."

"Oh come on, even if that's the case, I still know how to fly. I can give you small pointers while you try it and all you have to do is just glide down."

"Maybe, it's just...." I try to say before releasing a Fluttershy worthy squeak due to the cloud shifting a little.

"Wow, you're being a real girl about this." He said, causing me to look up in anger.

"Considering my current body, I'd like to think that's rather appropriate!"

"Hmm." He said as he landed next to me.

"Maybe there's something I can do to calm you down first." He said as he closed his eyes in a bit of concentration.

"What are you doing?" I asked only to receive no answer.

"Got it!" He said after a few moments of silence.

"Got what?"

"This little memory should do just fine." He said as he began to whistle a a very familiar song.

Those notes reminded me of an old desire I've held for as long as I could remember. A desire that originated from the game they came from, that one day, I wanted to walk among the clouds. My own childhood hit me in full force as it dawned upon me that I was doing just that. My fear made quick head way to the back of my mind as excitement elbowed it's way to the front. Once I reached the peak of my excitement, I jumped off while hearing Solar Glint behind me.

"Oh dear."

Now keep in mind that I just jumped off a cloud that was high enough to where I definitely couldn't see my house from. Hm? Oh hey fear, what are you doing back so soon?

"Smashed cranberries, what was I thinking!" I yell out as I plummeted towards the ground.

"Open your wings already and let yourself glide! I hear Solar Glint yell from behind me.

I've never been sky diving before, but I'm pretty sure this is what it feels like when you open the parachute. With my descent now slowed to closely resemble a falling leaf, Glint managed to catch up to me.

"What were you trying to do, make a sonic rainboom?" He said, now gliding close by.

"No, I just forgot the gravity of the situation is all."

"Clearly, and that is a terrible pun."

"Whatever." I say as I look down at the suburbs of Houston below me.

As our flight towards the streets bellow continued, Glint began giving me pointers about the basics of flight. By the time we touched down in the field over by the hospital, I knew how to turn at least.

"I guess I should be heading home now." I say as I looked to the street heading back to my neighborhood.

"You sure you don't want to try flying around some more?" Glint asked.

"I wouldn't mind but..." I was then cut off by a tickling sensation in my throat causing a fit of coughs.

"Ugh, even if I have a new body, how could I forget I'm still sick?" I say when for the first time that day, the pangs of hunger set in.

"Yeah, home it is." I say as I began to walk back towards my neighborhood.

"Don't you at least want to trying flying back?" He asked.

"I won't deny that I am seriously thinking about it for the sake of getting back quicker. But I also don't want to being that it's night time, I'm not sure if I'll be able to recognize things from above in the dark like this."

"Okay, that makes a little sense, but there's one other question I'd like to ask."

"What's that?"

"What do you plan on doing after you recover from being sick?"

"I don't know." I say while putting a lot of thought into that question.

"I'm not sure what I could do."

"What about going to New York?"

"Last I remember, Mrs. Faust asked for the elements of harmony to do that. Plus, even if I did go, what would I be able to contribute anyway?"

"You could offer your support at the least."

"I don't know, I kinda can't help but feel that I would be in the way if I did go there."

"It couldn't hurt to try."

"Maybe, it's something that I'll have to think about before doing." I say leaving the walk back to my house in silence.