• Published 2nd Nov 2012
  • 1,723 Views, 64 Comments

Was there a memo I didn't get? - Galaneth



Hello, my name is Shane, I'm sure I went to sleep still having hands among other things.

  • ...
2
 64
 1,723

Day One End.

"Well, this just bites oranges." I say as I give the locked front door before me an angry look.

"You could always knock and hope someone wakes up." I hear Glint say from behind me.

"I'd much rather not wake anyone up, it would just limit what I could do when I get in." I say as I turn around and proceed towards the back yard gate.

"Why?" He asks.

"I'd much rather be alone for right now." I reply while coughing a few times.

"Okay, that's a little hard to accomplish at the moment." He said as I passed the corner towards the gate.

"You know what I mean!" I say with an exasperated sigh as I reached the gate to look at the lock mechanism.

After looking at it for a good few moments, it had occurred to me that I may not be able to open this one either. Anyone who's seen a backyard gate, will know they can be excessively tricky even with hands. This one is no exception as the first part is simple, it's only I have the same problem that I had with my first door problem. I needed to be able to pull the darn thing and feathers just won't cut it this time. I'm truly grateful I'm not an Earth Pony at this point in time.

"Where are you going now?" Glint asked as I began walking back towards the front porch.

"I'm gonna fly over to the backyard and why do you actually need to ask that?"

"It would be kinda boring if I knew everything you knew at the moment, so I keep that to a minimum." He replied.

"Whatever suits you I guess." I say as I reached the porch then walked out to the middle of the front yard.

"Anyway, I don't have much available to me other then to fly my way to the backyard." I say as I spread my wings and continued as I pushed off to begin hovering a few feet above ground.

I flapped my wings more vigorously to gain height until I found myself to be above the roof, the wind beginning to rush past me more frequently as I gained height, what a feeling this was to feel the air blowing trough my mane and tail. That feeling of absolute freedom you can't get anywhere else, I couldn't help but close my eyes to savor the moment and enjoy the night air. Then that infernal tickling in my throat robed me of my enjoyment in the form of coughing, painfully reminding me once again of my condition and how I needed to get back inside and rest.

Once the coughs resided, I turned my attention back to the sight before me and gauged the height I needed to be to clear the roof in a glide. Once I was sure the roof was far enough below, I tipped myself forward letting my wings go rigid to catch the wind. Once past the roof, I angled myself downward to descend. Still not very familiar with the idea of sudden stops and turning, I just continued downward to the other side of the pool. A few flaps gave me a soft landing on the deck and allowing me to walk safely toward the door.

"Not too shabby, seems like you pick things up a little quickly." Glint remarks while landing next to me.

"Thanks, I've been told I'm a good student before, but I really want to be able to fly with finesse. You know, the way that makes it look effortless." I say getting a little excited at the prospect.

"Yeah, that will take time and a fair amount of it." He somewhat painfully reminds me as I proceeded to walk around the pool to the door.

Thankfully the door doesn't require anything fancy other then a hefty push to open. Once inside, I immediately proceed towards the recliner and hop in to rest. Initially, I was planning to lay there for a long period of time until the pangs of hunger came back in force.

"Ugh, just when I got comfortable too." I groaned as I got back up and hopped off.

"Still odd to me that you went the entire day with out eating." Glint remarked as I walked past towards the kitchen.

"I lose my appetite when I get sick and considering today's events, I'm surprised I have one at all." I say as I reached the kitchen.

"Do you want any suggestions on what you can eat?" I hear Glint call from behind.

"Not really, I'm just gonna get some fruit and leave it at that. I'm in no mood to do anything more complicated then just biting into something." I reply when irony clearly had other plans.

Once I opened the refrigerator, I was reminded of another problem that I had forgotten about. That reminder coming in the form of a pitcher of tea, promptly reminding me of not having anything to drink today either. A rather odd prospect considering the original problem that spurred me out of my bedroom this morning. A glass of tea would be nice right now, but that thing looked full and I'm fairly sure I won't be able to move something bigger then gallon sized. The only thing I can do now then would be to move on to the fruit and hopefully figure something out later.

Proceeding to open one of the bottom drawers, I shifted through to find a few apples. Taking a few moments to chomp through them, satisfied, I close the refrigerator door then turn to go back to my resting spot. Resting being the higher on my list of things to do, I make a bee line towards the recliner to find Solar Glint laying in it.

"Ah no, that's my spot, get out of it now." I command.

"How are you gonna make me do that?" He asks with a smirk.

"Fine, hard way it is." I say while bending my knees and spreading my wings.

"Don't you do it!" He says as his eyes widen, but it was too late, I had already launched myself in the air in mid sentence.

A flap of my wings and I was in the air with my target before me as I stretched out my fore hooves in anticipation of the impact. Though the impact didn't feel like I was landing on to another pony, but instead I just felt chair cushion. My own body passing through his as if it were just a hologram, a fair moment of thought later reminded me that he is indeed still a mental projection. To be honest, I'm actually a little disappointed by this.

"Okay, I may not be able to get you now, but wait until I go to sleep." I say as I lay down on the chair.

"If you can find me there that is."

"That's okay, I'll figure something out."

"Current conflict aside, when are you going to let your friends know about this?"

"That's going to be a trip and a half..."

"You really think so?"

"It might just be anxiety but for some reason I just don't want to face that yet."

"They're your friends right, how bad can it be?"

"That is what scares me about it, I don't know."

"I'd like to think if they're really your friends then they would be accepting about it."

"Can we talk about something else for now? I'm just not ready to face that sort of thing yet."

As we sat there in silence, one thought remained prevalent in my mind. Living like this will take some getting used to won't it?

Comments ( 4 )

I guess to say it's been a while would be a bit of an understatement. I also want to begin by apologizing for my extended silence, I've been sitting on this with a ridiculous case of writers block, since the last chapter has be posted. Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll be able to actually progress on this one again soon.

Take umbrage when specters of the magical pony whose body you inhabit steals your spot! Take a stand for all of us! Then sit down.

2192229, Don't worry about it.
Many other writers (myself included) are sitting on mounds of writers' block on several other writing projects we'd like to make some progress on. You're in good company. :raritywink:

Login or register to comment