• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 5,197 Views, 111 Comments

The Great and Powerful ... Walter? - Westphalian_Musketeer



In a world where dozens of bronies are becoming characters from My Little Pony, Walter Krimm finds himself foisted with the body of the Great and Powerful Trixie. Now a closet brony is stuck dealing with a character known for drawing attention.

  • ...
20
 111
 5,197

Ch. 2: Exploration

Glaucon, my dog, was a golden Cocker Spaniel. After having met several spaniels before getting him, I was of the opinion that Cocker Spaniels were the best of all dogs. Kind, gentle, cuddly, but also energetic when it was required of them. It was an inside joke to myself that I had named my dog Glaucon, a fellow who was described as 'the best of men' by Socrates.

"Hello, best of dogs." I put on as wide a grin as possible. I was worried what Glaucon would do. I was no longer human. I was blue, four legged, didn't sound like myself, and I quite possibly, and most damnably, likely smelled different as well.

"WOOF!" Glaucon barked.

"Nononono! Don't bark Glaucon! It's me Walter," I implored.

"Woof." The bark was quieter this time and Glaucon tilted his head.

"Yes. Me Walter." I lifted hoof and pointed at myself.

Glaucon panted and walked up to me. Thank Celestia that the best of all dogs was able to tell friend from foe. Wait a second... Did I just thank Celestia? I was agnostic, believing in no faith over others, but it had become habit for me to say 'thank god' if things went fortuitously. I guess some... ponyisms I guess? Yes ponyisms... were making their way into my speech. Like the Conversion Bureau, fascinating series, mostly misanthropic, but it did inspire several wonderful stories.

Glaucon was sniffing all over me and I let the dog indulge; that was until his cold wet nose made contact with my flank. In reflex my back hoof shot out, pushed Glaucon away and he yelped. Fear took over and I ran back to my room. I turned around and used my head to shut the door. I listened carefully; I could hear Glaucon panting outside. I was now a proverbial prisoner in my own home.

"The Great and Powerful Trix--! I'm sorry Glaucon." The surprise had almost slipped me into third pony speech again.

I sighed dejectedly. I was going to have to tell my parents, but when? Soon obviously, though I think it would be best if I learned basic magic first. That way I'd at least be able to show them 'the full package' as it were. I looked over to my PS3, beside it lay the controller. Okay, just concentrate, and imagine that I'm lifting it up.

I concentrated, and flexed every muscle in my body, hoping to figure out how to get my horn to bend reality to my will. I strained my breath and extended a fore hoof.

*PPPPHHHH!*

Too much straining, I had just farted. Maybe I was going about this wrong. Instead of imagining myself picking up the controller, maybe I should imagine the magic itself doing the task. I focused on the image of an aura surrounding the controller, and lo and behold the small black device floated into the air. I set it back down. I went on to lift various objects, from my phone, to a chair, to my pillows and quilt. Satisfied that I had a firm grasp of telekinesis at least, I figured I would just relax and wait. I lifted myself onto my hind legs and set my fore hooves on the edge of the bed. I kicked back with my hind legs and pushed myself back into bed.

Without thinking I reached over to a corner of the quilt and grabbed it with my mouth. A quick tug and I was partially covered.

I lay down on the bed and looked over myself once again. I flexed various muscles, noting that the fairly toned flesh slid easily underneath my fur, cascading flows of gentle bumps moving about. I liked this new body; I could move things with my mind with this body. Not only this but it was fit, I had let my old human form slip, and was hardly athletic. With a new body, I could start with a clean slate.

And then something dawned on me, as a pony, I would very likely be herbivorous. I was not yet hungry, but I was going to miss steaks if this proved to be the case. Well, easier to maintain a healthy weight I supposed. I looked over to my laptop computer and opened it. I floated the entire desk over with the computer on top. I felt the beginning of a head ache form. Okay so I had just done something straining, good to know.

I pressed the power button with my horn and waited for the computer to boot up. It had been a week since I was online. I had left to relax, hoping that when I came back I would find that my one shot had been well received. I used my hoof to move the mouse around and used a bit of magic to type on the keyboard. My fan fiction had not been well received. Sighing, I went to Google and typed in 'brony' to see if something interesting had happened to the community at large. Of course this was something interesting, what happened to me. When my search came back my mouth hung open.

Bronies to Ponies, Great Travesty of our Time? Come now, we aren't that bad are we? I clicked on the link and my jaw made a valiant attempt at unhinging itself, packing its bags, and moving to Bermuda. I was reading how Lauren Faust, and various members of the Brony Community had mysteriously changed into ponies. I was not alone. I breathed out a sigh of relief.

This news was welcome, but it didn't help that I was a closet brony, someone, somepony, who was not what they seemed to be. I looked up again, well played Big Man Upstairs, well played. As I continued reading the article I learned that world leaders were gathering in a summit to address these issues. Did these ponies still have human rights? What was their legal status? As I approached the end of the article I looked at what some of the politicians that were going to be at the summit were saying.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran was claiming that there were no bronies in Iran, and was calling for the destruction of the nation of Equestria, also Israel, but that was less significant. In the US the two presidential candidates were arguing over the inclusion of amending the constitution to say that 'All men and mares were created equal'. Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada, had made no comment, the opposition however was demanding that he address the issue. The Queen of England had issued an official apology for the deaths of horses in England since 1800. The Dalai Lama had called for all Buddhists to accept these strange events as a new variant of re-incarnation. The Pope was demanding that ponies all wear clothes for the sake of decency.

As I closed the window I thought that the last comment was significant. Pony or not, I still had my sensibilities, and needed to adorn myself. Suddenly Trixie's habit of wearing a cape made a large amount of sense.

I magicked open a drawer and floated out a few articles of clothing. Pants, my legs were too short. Socks, my hooves were too wide. I floated over a pair of green and black striped underpants, too ugly. I then moved on to a pair of blue jean shorts I had. The spacious bottom meant that my tail could still hang out and movement in my now four-legged anatomy would still be unrestricted. I floated the pair of shorts over to my bed and laid it down, I stepped in and used my magic to do up the fly. I looked back and noted approvingly that my silver-white tail was coming out of my left pant leg.

I sat down on my covered rump and looked at my chest. It was strange, a female body without the two objects that were so often associated with femininity. still, my blue fur did a good job of concealing any other features of myself and I decided to leave out the shirt part of my wardrobe. My pants slid down my back and I realized my waist was not large enough to keep them on securely.

I hopped off my bed to my closet and and opened it. I lifted out a belt with my magic and secured it around my waist in the pant loops that the shorts had. I looked over to my alarm clock, it read 9:27 AM. I could then hear footsteps upstairs.

"Glaucon! Breakfast!" I then heard my pet dog get up and walk upstairs. Loving as he was, Glacon still pursued the necessary things in life first.

That sounded like my mother, she was the other early riser in our family. This was good; I felt more comfortable informing her about my transformation first. I was momma's boy, or I suppose mare now, despite the prevalent features of my family life. It was my mother who worked, and my father who stayed at home. But I never did form any significant relationship with my dad. Thinking on it it was for the best, his disapproval had inclined me to continue doing well in my studies, to show him that I was good in at least one aspect. I dreaded what his reaction was going to be, even though for a long time I no longer cared for his opinion on matters pertaining to myself.

Just then I heard my mother call out to me. "Walter! Breakfast!"

Confound it, I was going to have to reveal myself, at least I had time to make sure it was on my terms.