• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 7,003 Views, 253 Comments

When I see a world untouched by war... - StreakTheFox



A Terran Ghost finds himself in Equestria. Havoc and Comedy ensues.

  • ...
34
 253
 7,003

Part 3

-:|Part 3|:-

Applebloom ran as fast as her hooves could take her, screaming until her throat got sore. She didn’t pay attention to where she ran - in truth, she really didn’t care as long as it was away from that thing - but she was still in the field of her home, if that was anything to go by. And so she continued to run for another minute, looking for anywhere to hide, anypony to warn or get help from, until she spotted two figures in the distance...


“Hey, did you hear about the thing that fell from the sky last night?” Sweetie Belle asked as she walked the trail up to the Apple Family Home with Scootaloo right beside her.

“Yeah, I heard it was a porta-potty,” She said with a slight chuckle. “I mean, who the hay throws a porta-potty through the sky?”

Sweetie Belle giggled a bit herself. “Yeah, and have it land in Applebloom’s Apple Orchard too.”

“I bet it was some sort of prank,” Scootaloo thought aloud. “Or perhaps some potty aliens.”

“Potty aliens?”

“Yeah! Aliens from outer space sent to our planet to steal all of our potties!”

“...You read some strange comics, Scootaloo...” Sweetie Belle looked away from her friend, noticing a yellow and red object coming at them. “Hey, somepony’s coming! And I think it’s Applebloom!”

Both of the friends stopped and waved at Applebloom, calling out to her as she approached. But their looks of glee turned to confusion as they heard her screaming to them as she approached, a look of fear on her face.

“GURLS!” Applebloom cried out as she came to a screeching halt before them. “Y’all gotta run, an alien just popped outta the outhouse!”

“An alien?” Sweetie Belle tilted her head.

“I knew it!” Scootaloo announce triumphantly. “Quick, let’s go capture it before it steals out potties!” She ran off in the direction Applebloom came from.

“Scootaloo, no! Wait!” Applebloom tried to call to her friend, but she apparently ignored her.

“Ooh, I wanna see!” Sweetie Belle also took off, running towards Scootaloo while also leaving her red-maned friend behind.

“Gurls! GURLS! Ugh!” Applebloom gave an exasperated sigh, fearing the worst as she took off to try and catch up to her friends.

:~:

“So, are you sure you know where to get everything on the list?”

“I’m sure, Twi’,” Spike replied as he looked over the large scroll filled with items to pick up in front him. “I’ll be back from shopping in an hour or two, don’t worry.”

“Well I’m just trying to make sure you know what we need and where to go to get them,” Twilight replied as she looked at her assistant from beside her desk in the middle of the library.

“Yeah yeah, relax,” Spike reassured as he began walking to the front door. “I mean, what’s the worse that could happen?”

As he reached for the doorknob the door suddenly swung open- SLAM -smashing him against the wall as a very frantic orange pony leapt in.

“TWILIGHT!” Applejack cried out as she immediately focused on her purple friend. “Ya gotta come help! An alien just popped outta that outhouse in mah farm!”

“A what?” Twilight asked, rearing her head back a bit from the genuine confusion towards her friend’s words.

“Ah ain’t liein!” she said frantically. “An alien dun popped outta that porta-potty and started crawlin toward us!” She rushed up to her friend, staring her in the eyes while her hooves clasped against Twilight’s shoulders. “Please, ya gotta come help us get rid’ah it!”

“Hold up Applejack!” Twilight staggered back a bit by her friend’s sudden outburst. “W-what did it look like? And how are you sure I can help?”

“Because, you helped defeat an ursa major and-”

“-Ursa MINOR,” Twilight corrected.

“Whatever! Ya helped us defeat that, now help us defeat this before somethin bad happens!”

“Alright alright!” Twilight levitated her bags onto her back, remembering that they still had the same items from last night to use to examine the alleged alien. After doing so Applejack let go and started for the door. “I just hope you’re sure it’s really an alien and not another part of this prank.”

The two bolted out the door, with Twilight closing it behind her. After the door was shut, Spike’s flattened form slowly peeled off the wall and landed flat onto the floor.

:~:

Detecting air composition...

Attempting to match with signatures from other systems...

...

...Match not found. Unknown area detected, initiating injection of stim pack...

Injecting...

...Injection complete.

-Heart rate increasing-

-Blood vessels dilating-

-Muscle work capacity increased-

-Nervous system increasing sensory input-

...Applying electrical jumpstart...

ZZZZAAAP!

The Ghost’s body twitched violently for a short second as his back arched upward, his legs involuntarily kicking themselves out of the porta-potty and onto the ground while his lungs inhaled sharply. His suit had shocked him in an attempt to wake him up, but it only managed to bring him into another grueling haze. But even still, the stimpack had heightened his senses and increased his strength, even if for a short time. He couldn’t tell if he was dreaming or awake yet, but there was definitely one thing he could make out.

Voices. There were voices coming from somewhere around him... multiple voices. Different pitches, different volumes, even different tones. There was more than one person talking around him, and though he didn’t know whether or not they knew of his existence, he had to do something. His mind had its information, now it has to react.

He shifted his limbs slightly, feeling what kind of resistance he had in what direction. His arms were laying flat, no longer being influenced by the pull of gravity, telling him they were on some sort of stable surface that might be construed as a floor or the ground. He could make sense of up and down now at least, but he still could not get his balance completely configured.

His legs shifted then, attempting to gain some ground for his body to move off of. He needed to react, and his first instinct was to stand up. His arms shuffled, pushing the hands flat against the surface below him. The surface... it was soft, and it had the texture of dirt. His mind tried to determine whether or not he was in a forest, a desert, a taiga, a field, or even if it was something other than dirt, like snow or sand.

Then it hit him. He needed to see, he needed information from the optical nerves. His mind put pressure to them, making his eyelids twitch, trying to spread apart. A hardened crust of sleep kept them together, but his hyped muscles tore them apart. He could see again, his mind was clearing the haze. Everything he saw was fuzzy at first, like he was waking up from being put under by an anesthetic. His pupils opened up, allowing more light in to clear the haze.

Brown... that was the first thing he saw. There was a lot of it, and it was still out of focus, but he recognized the color. He pushed against his muscles, raising himself off the ground and onto all fours. There was more than the ground... there was some green. He tilted his head back a bit, but didn’t go further from a horrible aching erupting from his spine.

More green. Grass, perhaps. Life. There was life on this planet, foliage at least, but definitely sentient life. He could still hear the voices, coaxing his body to react more. He pushed up with his arms, but wasn’t able to get himself up on his legs. There was another color then, a more florescent one. It was yellowish, perhaps a bit tan. It was words, data filtering into his view piece. His mask - his suit. He was still in armor. He recognized the jolt he felt, as well as the increase to his body’s responsiveness. His suit was trying to alert him to something, an outside force perhaps. He might be in danger, his life was in danger.

Did he care at the moment, though? Did it really matter to him? Did he... the mission. The target! He was still a ghost, a tool to be used by the Dominion. He had a job to do, and he would get it done, he needed to get it done in order to still be useful. He had to get up, he had to survive, he had to do what he needed to do... to be satisfied.

He tensed his muscles again, and then pushed forward with his arms. His body leaned back, and he almost fell backwards again were it not for his legs catching on with the move. His arms spread out for balance as he slowly raised himself up, slowly, patiently. His muscles still ached, they were sore all over, but the stimpack dulled the sense of pain and allowed him to push through it.

More green, and even some other colors as well. The light was intense, but his eyes were quick to adjust to it through the mask. There were figures there, unidentifiable blobs of colors. Red, white, orange, more green, maybe some red... he couldn’t decipher them all. But the voices, the voices had stopped. The only sound was of him breathing and his heart beating rapidly against his chest.

He finally managed to stand upright with a loud groan, taking a moment to try to process what he was seeing. He couldn’t make it all out, it was all still too fuzzy still. His arms were held out around his sides, trying to keep himself balanced as if he was trying to stand for the first time in his life. He felt something else though, something his psi abilities picked up on. The feel of eyes on him, the feeling of being watched. Something was watching him, perhaps many things. He couldn’t judge amount, but he knew his sense was being true. He had to move, he had to escape the watching eyes! He took a leap of faith, taking his left foot and stepping it forward half a step.

And then, a scream. A loud, ear piercing scream. He knew what it was, he had heard it so many times before, especially on Tarsonis when the entire planet was massacred. But that was the last thing he heard before his body shut down on him, the effect of the stimpack wearing off. It was meant to jumpstart his body so he would be able to react normally again, but his body was too spent, too disheveled from being ripped through hyperspace like it was.

He collapsed to the ground, his body going limp while his mind fell into unconsciousness before he completed the fall. And there he lay, yet again, flat on his face in the dirt. His arms and legs were sprawled out while the porta-potty lay only a couple feet behind him.

:~:

“Wooooaaahhh...” Scootaloo and Sweetie belle said in unison as they stared at the fallen figure of the alien from the edge of the crater. “

Where do ya think it's from?” Schootaloo whispered

“How should I know?” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Gurls, we really shouldn’t be here!” Applebloom warned, her hooves shuffling nervously from behind the two. “We should get somepony to help first!”

“Relax Applebloom, it looks like it’s just sleeping,” Scootaloo said.

“Well then we should really try to not wake it up then!”

“Oh don’t worry, Applebloom,” Sweetie Belle began in a teasing voice. “What’s the worst that could happen? A sleep alien gets grouchy because we woke it up? I think I would be more afraid of my sister being grouchy than this thing.”

“Besides, look at it. It’s not nearly as big as half the things in the Everfree Forest, and we’ve had ponies like Fluttershy face down a manticore! This alien shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Ah dunno gurls,” Applebloom took a couple steps forward, coming up beside her friends. “It looked mighty scary when me'n mah family saw it come out.”

“Well,” Sweetie Belle took a few moments to think, scratching her chin before continuing. “Maybe if we-”

“APPLEBLOOM!” the three fillies perked up at the shout, and then turned around to find Applejack and Twilight Sparkle racing towards them.

“Uh, Bloom,” Scootaloo said hesitantly. “I think your sister’s here.”

“Yeah, no kiddin,” Applebloom gulped nervously as she watched the two mares - more importantly her older sister - approach.

“You three! What in the world are y’all doin here!?” Applejack demanded as she got up to them with Twilight joining beside her. “Ya coulda gotten harmed by the alien!”

“But it’s sleeping!” Sweetie Belle reasoned.

“Yeah, and besides, it really doesn’t look all that scary,” Scootaloo added.

“Ah don’t care what it is!” Applejack continued undeterred. “Sleeping or not, that thing came from outer space, and we don’t wanna mess with it!”

“Wait, where is this ‘alien’ anyways?” Twilight asked.

“It’s right there!” Scootaloo pointed her hoof inside the crater at the downed extraterrestrial body.

Twilight Approached the crater, standing in front of the fillies as she looked inside. True to their word, there it was, laying on the ground in a crumpled heap. It wasn’t moving, and from where she was she couldn’t even decipher whether or not it was breathing. But sure enough, her mind couldn’t imagine anything in the world that she knew of that looked remotely close to what she was looking at.

“Wow...” Twilight’s eyes widened at the sight, her eyes taking in all the curves and sections of its form. To her, it seemed to be wearing some sort of exterior addition to its body, simply by how it looked to her. Perhaps it was an armor of some sort, it certainly didn’t look like any sort of clothing. At least, that’s what she guessed. It was an alien, she had no idea how it worked or what it thought or where it came from. But perhaps she could find out.

“I think it’s here to abduct our potties!”

“What?” Twilight did a double-take, her mind being drawn out of its brainstorming to focus on the somewhat ridiculous sounding claim. She didn’t notice the sound of a sharp inhale coming from inside the crater.

“What in tarnation are you talking about?” Applejack asked as she looked incredulously at Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah!” Scootaloo added in. “We think that since it came here from outer space in a flying potty house, that it has to be here to claim our potties!”

“That just sounds...” Twilight was about to continue, but the sound of Applebloom screaming cut her off.

The other four turned, confused as to why she would scream, until they saw the alien in the crater getting up onto its legs. Their eyes widened, their hearts skipped a beat, and somewhere out there a pink pony with a screw and baseball cutie mark began to wonder about the greater meaning of life.

The alien, though it looked sort of small while laying on the ground, ended up towering above them easily when on its feet. It was twice the size of Twilight and Applejack, and seemed to stare at them menacingly with those eyes it had. Those strange, green eyes. One was really big, another was sort of small, and the last one was very tiny. But they were all glowing, and something inside the eyes were shifting and twisting, as if they were focusing on them like a camera lense.

They were all stricken with fear, unable to move save for their bodies shaking violently from witnessing the extraterrestrial terror staring at them. It was tall, its limbs were thick and covered with some unknown material that was probably some sort of “buck you up and then some” gear. Some sort of item - probably a weapon - was strapped to its back, and worst of all, it smelled like bull poop.

It just came out of a porta-potty made by large, bipedal bull creatures after sitting in there for Celestia knows how long. What did you expect?

Needless to say, they all felt the desire to scream. And as soon as it took one step forward and made its battle cry, which sounded a lot like “uugh...” they did. They all screamed, and very loud at that. Princess Luna would have been proud, since their combined screeches of terror was louder than her Royal Canterlot voice. So, what goes pretty well with screaming? why, running of course!

And so they ran - all five of them - in the other direction. They didn’t even notice the alien falling down and going to sleep - again - due to their screaming for their lives. As their screams died out from them running off into the distance, a snoring sound could be heard from the laying figure of the alien.


...I can’t help but feel as though I’ve seen this happen before... oh yeah, it was just last chapter. Right.

Hilarity sure to follow!