• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 2,409 Views, 109 Comments

To Scratch A Fire - Guardsmare Sade



The flight didn't go as well as she was hoping. Whoops?

  • ...
1
 109
 2,409

Roof Wreck

Feeling a slight chill, the pony under the covers begins to stir, her right eye opening only a fraction, revealing a lush ruby iris. She begins squinting at her alarm clock, noticing that it is only half past five in the morning. "Who's stupid enough to open the blinds at half five in the morning, and what’s with this draft? Did somepony open all the doors to the outside or something?" The unamused pony grumbles to herself as she starts to push her body up from the warmth of her bed.

Sliding herself to the edge of her mattress with her back hooves dangling off the side only just off the ground, she grabs her warm dark blue blanket that she was using that night to fend off the cold of winter, she continues to wrap it around herself and jump off the bed. She then begins Staggering sleepily out of her room over the mounds of clothes and rubble and an unconscious pony.

Heading into the bathroom she stumbles over a few clothes on the floor. "Have to move them across the room today I think." She mumbled to herself while staggering toward the bathroom. Her horn began to glow a misty grey color as she used the little magic she could muster in her morning daze to open the door leading to the bathroom. She enters the room and drops the blanket on the floor before stepping in front of the mirror.

As she looked into the mirror a white Unicorn pony with half closed eyes, ruby irises and a frizzy electric blue mane stared back in the reflection. "My mane is a wreck! I'll have to fix it." the pony shakes her head violently. "There, now that’s style!" She exclaimed as she admired her mane. Any normal pony wouldn't have been able to tell if there was any change.

Using her magic to levitate her toothbrush and toothpaste, she goes about her morning prep. After gargling some water and spitting the toothpaste out, she looks into the mirror with a stunned look about her. "I live alone! That means I left the blinds open!" giving a heavy sigh she wanders out of the bathroom and passes her blanket, leaving it there on the floor.

In the kitchen she begins making herself some breakfast. "Dj Chocy pops are the best" She exclaimed with a massive grin on her face. After finishing her morning meal she gets up from the table leaving her dishes where they are and decides to head upstairs.

Trudging up the steps, the pony notices there is a draft heading down passed her hooves, little snowflakes were playfully floating down each stair. She follows the tiny trail of snow, trying to figure out where they were coming from. With a keen eye on the snow she follows it up the stairs, through the hallway and into her bedroom.

Rubbing her eyes she looks at the amount of roof on the floor and the sleeping mare smack dab in the center of it. "Was that there when I went to sleep last night? I guess I’m going to have to investigate." Making a feeble attempt at trying to act professional she ends up grabbing a small stick from outside and poking Spitfire.

"Oh Celestia! SHE'S DEAD! What do I do? What do I do?!" In a panic, she trips over some of her clothes on the floor that got tangled around some of her hooves. After crashing to the ground and with her face embedded in an old sweater she starts to calm down. "Take it easy Vinyl, don’t want to start flipping out now do we?" She says to herself, trying to stop herself from making it any worse than it already was.

The pony in the rubble stirs a little with a small grunt and a tiny snore. "Thank Celestia that she's alive!" Vinyl said with a heavy sigh of relief. "Now what do I do? Do I try to wake her, move her? Or should I just leave her there?" Vinyl sat there looking at the mare in the rubble. "Why does she look familiar?"

Spitfire opens her eyes as she looks directly at the horrified pony. "I figured I would just crash here for a little while. Hope you don’t mind" Spitfire said in a joking manner. Vinyl, still with her horrified look on her face just stares at Spit as the beat up pony tries to stand. After taking a step forward she falls again. Vinyl stands up and steps over to help the poor pony up. "Cheers" Spitfire says with a warm smile as Vinyl picks her up.

Vinyl took the pony over to her bed and put her down on top of it. "It’s very soft. It must have cost you a fortune. How can you afford something so posh?" Spitfire asked. Vinyl just smiled and said "Dj business is good." with that vinyl walked out of the room to fetch her blanket off the floor where she had left it.

Walking back into her room she noticed the heater. "Oh man, even the heater got wrecked. Heh, looks like you did a good one to my home there pony" Vinyl grunted with a slight annoyed tone to her voice. "I only just replaced it two days ago. What a drag"

"I'm sorry. I'll be happy to pay for the repairs to your home and anything that has been broken Miss...?" Spitfire exclaimed.
"Vinyl Scratch. My name is Vinyl Scratch, and my mother was a Miss, not me. Just makes me sound old."
Spitfire smiled "Spitfire is my name. I'm captain of the Wonderbolts. Pleased to meet ya."
"I would say likewise, But..." Vinyl said with a roll of her eyes.

"I understand, it’s gotta be a little... Hard... for... you-" and with that Spitfire was out again
"Figures, Just my luck, a hole in the roof... In winter!" Vinyl sighed as she put the blanket over Spitfire.
"What am I gonna do with you?"