• Published 2nd Jan 2012
  • 2,403 Views, 109 Comments

To Scratch A Fire - Guardsmare Sade



The flight didn't go as well as she was hoping. Whoops?

  • ...
1
 109
 2,403

A Few Loose Screws

It had been an hour since Vinyl and Spitfire had started drinking, neither showing any signs of inebriation. Vinyl had been chatting to Brolly the entire time while Spitfire had been relatively quiet.

The door to the bar was heard opening, neither of the ponies looked to see who had come in.

"Welcome to Brollys' Booze, I'm Brolly. How can I help you today?"

A high pitched laugh as sharp as nails on a chalk board shrilled through the bar.
Spitfire whipped her head around as fast as she could to see the pony who had just entered the bar. Looks of shock and displeasure sprawled across her face as she recognised the laugh that had sent shrills down her spine and the face that she wished she had never seen.

"Spizzy! It’s been sooooooo long I-I almost didn't recognize you without your team! It’s been a very overly too far much over the top long time since we could hang out together! I'm so much excited at this thing that just happened!"

Spitfire gave yet another heavy sigh as she facehoofed.
Vinyl was in the middle of taking a drink when the pony had walked in and started calling Spitfire Spizzy. Vinyl dropped her glass and began laughing hysterically.

Once she had calmed down and regained her composure, she looked the mare over, quickly making note of her being a pegasus, her blue mane that was far more of a mess than her own, The colors were relatively the same, except this new pony had a darker blue mane with a white lightning streak through it. Her tail was similar.

Vinyl looked quickly to her cutie mark, it was a three pronged lightning bolt, Not sure what that could represent she looked toward her face. A huge smile was swung across it. Her cheeks were being pushed slightly over her eyes. Her irises were a dark ocean blue, her pupils were very small, about one third the size of any normal pony.

"Psst, hey Spizzy," Vinyl asked with a slight giggle unable to keep a straight face.
"Who's this? She seems to know you. More importantly she seems to really like you."

"Don't you dare start calling me Spizzy! Her name is Skitz. She and I used to be really good friends back in flight school."

"Used to be?"

"Yeah, before her little accident."

"Accident?"

"Yes Vinyl, You see she and I were having one of our races through Cloudsdale. We used to always have them. She decided to up the stakes, the winner was to get to ask this colt out that we both liked. It was her choice of track, she picked one that was a little dangerous. We took off on this race and something happened… She was gone for a while, just up and disappeared. When she finally came back she wasn't herself anymore. She used to be cool, calm and collected. A down to earth pegasus if you will. But after the accident and her disappearance and reappearance... She's been... This. An over the top crazy pony.

"Right, I kinda regret asking now." Vinyl said with a roll of her eyes.

"The story is hard to take in, I know."

"Not that Spit, it’s that it was just so long!"

Clearly unamused at Vinyl's lack of interest in anything she had said, Spitfire stared daggers at her.

Being caught up in the story, neither of them had noticed Skitz sit next to Spitfire. She leaned right in, almost touching Spitfires right ear with her nose. The huge grin hadn't left her face once.

"Good old days Spizzy! They were Awesome. So who’s this you're talking to? Is it your marefriend!? I didn't know you had a marefriend! We need to celebrate! This is awesome!"

Skitz got up and bolted over to Vinyl taking her hoof in her own. Spitfire, a little shocked at what Skitz had come to assume.

"Hi! I'm Skitz! I'm Spizzys' best friend ever! What’s your name? I don’t know! Im Skitz! When are you two getting married? Oh my gosh! You're getting married! I’m so happy for you!" Skitz gave a squee of delight as she let go of the totally stunned Unicorn, flipped around and gave Spitfire a hug, lifting her off her chair and spinning around and around while still squealing with joy.

Spitfire let out a cry of pain as Skitz squeezed harder around her bruised body.

"Vinyl! Help me! Get her off me now! She’s hurting me!" Spitfire yelled while being swung around in the tight grip of Skitzs' hug.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Give us a hand Brolly! I'll need you to help me pull 'em apart. You hold Spits and I'll Grab Skitz, heh, that rhymes. I'll need to write that down later."

"Sure thing Vinny."

The two unicorns used their magic to grab hold of the two pegasi in the death grip. Brolly had his brown aura around Spitfire while Vinyl had her grey aura around Skitz.

"One! Two! Three!" they both yelled in unison using all their magical strength to pull the two apart. With a tug from the unicorns the two were separated. Spitfire was let go. She collapsed to the floor panting and in obvious pain.

Skitz, on the other hand, was struggling to get out of the aura that was holding her in the air away from Spitfire, franticly trying to continue her hug.

After around 5 minutes, Skitz had finally started to calm down. After she had totally calmed down around the 7 minute mark Vinyl let her down. Vinyl collapsed on the floor panting from the excessive use of her magic.

"I'm totally exhausted spits! Next time she goes for a death-hug, im’a let her have you."

Vinyl gave a small giggle at her half- hearted joke.
Spitfire looked at the totally exhausted unicorn and smiled.

"I don't blame you Vinyl. Cheers for that. To thank you, the next few rounds are on me. Up we get. Hop onto the seat."

"What do you mean the next round is on you? Don’t you remember our discussion at the house? They're all on you."
Spitfires' eyes opened wide in a flash, immediately regretting what she had just said. She looked over at Skitz who was already at the bar chanting.

"Drinks on Spits! Drinks on Spits! Drinks on Spits! WoooHoo!"

Spitfire facehoofed.