• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 938 Views, 26 Comments

The Vinyl Siblings - Vinyl Mix



When Vinyl Scratch discovers she has a brother, turmoil will ensue in trying to find their past.

  • ...
21
 26
 938

Sometimes family is worth fighting for (Re-edited)

Night life in upper Canterlot is pretty dead for the most part. But tonight, that wasn't the case. The sound of hooves hitting stone echoed off the buildings as a lone unicorn ran full speed towards the station, five big cases floating behind him as he ran. This unicorn had a white coat, with a crazy mane of electric blue and dark blue. His cuitie mark was a record, marking him as a DJ. To complete the DJ persona, he wore big green tinted glasses. As the unicorn boarded the late night express he sighed, hoping that this wasn’t another dead end in his search. He walked around the car till he found an open room, which he preceded to move his huge cases into. Panting from his run, he settles into a seat.

“I really need to lay off those sweets,” said the unicorn ”and it isn’t helpful that Ponyville supposedly has a store call Sugarcube corner either. Just the name it's self is making me gain weight.” He took off his signature green glasses and laid them down on his equipment. Right as the unicorn was about to drift into sleep in preparation for the long journey, two more ponies entered the car and walked into his compartment.

“well assistant that was an ni-“ started the first of the two. He was a brown earth pony with even darker mane; his cutie mark was that of an hourglass. “I will be, it’s a unicorn!” he exclaimed and promptly fell onto the seat adjacent from the unicorn. He stared at him as if he was looking at the mare of his dreams.

“How do you miss all of the other unicorns walking around canterlot?!” exclaimed the odd pony’s companion. She was a light grey Pegasus with the cutie mark of bubbles. Her eyes could not focus on a single spot but made it clear she was looking at the earth pony.

“There was other unicorns walking around?!?! Why did you not alert me assistant?” the odd brown pony exclaimed. “Oh, I am sorry, where are my manners, I am called Dr. Hooves and this is my assistant, who you may call Derpy.”

“For the last time, my name isn’t assistant or Derpy, it is Ditzy, Ditzy Doo!” Ditzy retorted.

“And you are?” questioned Dr. Hooves.

“I am know by many names, but you can call me DJ N3ON.” replied the unicorn.

"DJ, fascinating, that must mean that complex sound wave science must exist here, even though they don't have electricity..." the doctor murmured to himself.

"WAIT, YOU'RE DJ N3ON!?!?!?!?!" Ditzy exclaimed excitedly, her wings flapping animatedly, displaying her enthusiasm. Then realizing how loudly she exclaimed that said, "Sorry... I am just a big fan."

"It's ok, I am use to it." N3ON replies.

"Wait, you're a Canterlot DJ, what are you doing on a train to ponyville?"

"I am looking for a old family member of mine.

“And how are they related to you?”

“She is my sister. But I don't know who she is or what she looks or sounds like.”

"Do you atleast know her name?"

"I have only heard of her in my dreams but I have one name to go off of.

'Scratch.' "



DJ N3ON got no sleep on the way to ponyville due to the strange pony’s questions about what it is like being a unicorn. When the train arrived it was about 2 o’clock and the unicorn was getting more and more tired by the minute. He picked up a slip of paper from his saddle bag with his magic and read the address hastily scribbled on it. He started wandering through the streets in order to find the house when he promptly ran into somepony. He looked up and saw a pink earth pony bouncing up and down in glee, her mane and tail following her like springs.

“omygoshomygoshomygosh, a new pony!” The pink pony was about to explode in excitement but then calmed down a bit when she saw who it was. “What are you doing out so late DJ PON-3?”

“Who is DJ PON-3?” Inquired N3ON in confusion.

“Well you silly! I like the new glasses by the way!” said the pink pony as she bounced away, a trail of confetti following her.

“I wonder what that was about,” said the unicorn, confusion written all over his face. He turned around, not looking where he was going, and crashed into yet another pony. This one was purple unicorn with a dark blue mane with purple highlights in it.

“Sorry about that, by the way did you see which way pinky pie went?” Asked the unicorn

“Pinkie Pie?”

“O I am sorry I mistook you for some one else. A pink pony about neigh high, very bubbly.” said the unicorn after a double take.

“Ah, yes. she went that way,” the unicorn pointed in the direction that “Pinky Pie” went. “By the way, could you point me in the direction of this address?” he showed the purple unicorn the address.

“yes, but why do you want the directions to Octavia’s house?” inquired the unicorn.

“I am looking for somepony. Octavia and I are old friends and she invited me to stay with her while I look here .”

“Oh, well if you need help, I am always available. Name is Twilight Sparkle and I live in the library. Octavia is that direction.” Said the unicorn pointing towards a residential looking area. DJ N3ON nodded dumbly as he realized he had just talked to Equestria's newest princess. As the purple unicorn ran away she said something that made the DJ pause for a second: “look out for her roommate though, she makes quite the racket!”