• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 939 Views, 26 Comments

The Vinyl Siblings - Vinyl Mix



When Vinyl Scratch discovers she has a brother, turmoil will ensue in trying to find their past.

  • ...
21
 26
 939

Let the Bass cannon...explode?

This chapter dictated djponyfl and all those wonderful ponies that have stuck through this weird story.

|o/| |[_]| |o/|

Vinyl walked outside, and quickly being reminded that she did not have her glasses on, she put them on. She started to the music shop, but got a weird vibe down her spine. Slowly turn towards the side of the house, She felt that she should try the cannon.

Vinyl Scratch’s Bass Cannon was hidden in a shed behind the house. Because she could never get it to work properly, she never took it out. But today she felt that if she tried it, It would work.

As she rounded the corner to the back, she faintly heard the front door open, then close, and simple wrote it off as Octavia going to rehearsal. It didn’t occur to her that today was a Sunday and she doesn’t have rehearsal today.

As the shed crept into view, Vinyl cringed. The shed has fallen into crazy disrepair, she though, the shed in question was a hastily build structure that had a liste to the right side so bad that it looked like it would fall over any day. She opened the door, which was an entire side of the shed, and gazed at her baby.

The cannon was a cube that was 1 meter on all sides. It had four speakers on one side and on top were the controls for it. On the sides were various phrases that people had written, such as Let the bass cannon kick it and Bass or Bust. On the back The Bass Cannon Mk VI was printed.

The DJ pulled it out into the open and wheeled it around the front of the house. Being cautious to not run any one over, she wheeled it to the center of the street. She tipped it up so the speakers was face towards the sky, because who wants about a thousand htz worth of bass blasted in you face in the morning?

Once Vinyl had it correctly positioned, she tried to remember how to power the cannon. It had been 4 months since she last brought the cannon out and at least a 8 months since she worked with it. As she pondered her conundrum, Octavia walked out of the house. Vinyl was too deep in thought to even realize that Octavia was the second pony out the door.

"Vinyl honey, what are you doing?" Octavia asked

"I had the feeling that today would be the day I finally get my bass cannon to work. The only problem is that I can't remember how to power it." Vinyl wrote on the piece of paper she always had with her.

"You don't remember how to power it? Honey, you use your magic to power it. That's why most ponies can't power it up. You must have really forgot this thing if you can't even remember how to power it. You need to direct you magic to the speakers in the front. Even I know that, and I am an earth pony!"

Vinyl mimed what Octavia said as she powered up her cannon. she was about to fire it when Octavia said something.

"Vinyl, I might know some one who could help you. He has the same type of magic as you specialize in. Come to think about it, you both have similar names and bodies. Vinyl, do yo...

But Octavia never got to finish that thought, because Vinyl fired the cannon.

It created a shock wave that went twenty feet out of the speakers and knocked open the door to both their house and the house across from them who was owned by the whooves family ( who were all out at the time of the event, thankfully). The cannon sent up a beam of solid wubs, which looks like blue lightning streaks.

'Yes, it is finally working!' Vinyl silently thought, looking up at the result of 20 years of turmoil. But as the infamous Murphy has said: " anything and everything that can go wrong, will go wrong." After three second Vinyl noticed something bad. The power meter on the consol was fluctuating madly. 'No, no, nonono' Vinyl thought in desperation. In a vain attempt to keep the machine running she poured all her power into the machine.

Long story short, the cannon blew up and knocked the snow white DJ to the ground and rendered her unconscious.

|O/| |[_]| |O/|

Vinyl woke up 5 minutes later. She looked around and noticed two things, 1: she was in a 2 foot deep crater in the ground, 2: she saw pieces of cannon around her. 'Looks like mk. VII is coming sooner than I realized' she thought while picking up a piece of the former console.

She heard a commotion to the side of the crater. She stood up and noticed a huge crowd of ponies around it, though two caught her attention. The first one was a gray mane and gray body 'good, Tavi is safe.' The second one was one that she never thought she would see in ponyville. It was a mane composed of oranges and a body of pitch black, and also noticed if was moving towards her at a vary fast pace. 'No, it can't be him! The one time I finally get to meet my idol face to face and I just destroyed part of the path, and presumable some vary expsive glasses and plates!' Octavia finally got to the edge of the crater and came in.

"Vinyl! Are you hurt, are you bleeding or anything?" Octavia quickly questioned her. Vinyl nodded no to both of them and Octavia suddenly looked a lot more happy.

"Ahem" a voice came from behind Octavia. It was a coarse yet kind voice, the kind you expect to hear from some singer in a boy band. Octavia turned around in surprise and smiled.

"Vinyl, this is the pony I was talking about." Octavia stepped aside so that Vinyl could see. "Meet my life long friend from college, the famous DJ N3ON.

Vinyl Scratch, meet Vinyl Mix."

Author's Note:

One of the reasons this chapter is late is that I partaly wrote it on my IPhone. I am very very sorry this chapter has taken so long to write. It was such a pain because the musical I am apart of is almost opening and it is always hectic the last few weeks before it.