• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 939 Views, 26 Comments

The Vinyl Siblings - Vinyl Mix



When Vinyl Scratch discovers she has a brother, turmoil will ensue in trying to find their past.

  • ...
21
 26
 939

Old Memories

As the unicorn approached the front door wearily he had second thoughts: ‘I wonder if Octavia will even remember me?’ he rank the doorbell without even thinking about it. the door open and a grey earth pony with half awake look peered out. She soon as she saw the unicorn, she woke up and ran up to hug him.

“Mix! How are you? Come inside.” Octavia welcomed him in. “I knew you were coming to visit but not so suddenly. What have you been up to?”

“I could be better, could be worse. Recently I've been searching Equestria for somepony, and at the moment the trail has gone cold here, so I came to check it out.” Replied the unicorn taking up the surroundings. He then noticed how heavy his eye lids were. “If you don’t mind I didn’t get much sleep on the train ride. Would you be so kind as to show me where I could set all this stuff down.” He nodded to various luggage he had.

“Of course, sorry about that.” And with that she led her old friend up the stairs and nodded to the door farthest from the end of the hallway.

“thank you, see you in the morning.” And started moving stuff down the hallway. However half way down he heard something familiar. To his left was a door that was slightly ajar. He put his ear up to the door frame and hear faint dubtrot. 'Octavia’s roommate I presume. It is weird that Octavia would have a roommate with that sense of music, but then I'm one to talk.. And resumed his work. After he finished moving all he luggage into the guest room he put on some techno to help him sleep. But he found he didn’t need it as he fell fast asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. He soon fell into the reoccurring dream that prompted the start of this goose chase of his.

-

-

-

“Are thou sure about this ?” asked the first voice.

“yes, scratch hath too little years to remember but mix might. This be the only way we can protect them. ” responded the second voice.

"I will cast the spell so he won't remember." continued the first voice, “ but I am still not sure. What happens if they find out?”

“then we come to save them.”

“what happens if my sis-“

“shush, I think I hear her now” a couple of moments of silence, during which some heavy sounds are heard.

“I still think this is a bad idea, we should just come out. That way there won’t be any problems.” The first voice said after the noise subsided.

“Look , we hath little we can do at this point.”

“ok, sneak them out during the changing of the guard."

“See you soon, Luna” said the second voice as the dream faded away.