• Published 28th Oct 2012
  • 939 Views, 26 Comments

The Vinyl Siblings - Vinyl Mix



When Vinyl Scratch discovers she has a brother, turmoil will ensue in trying to find their past.

  • ...
21
 26
 939

a breakfast missed placed

Quick note:there is something in here that is a reference to the sequel(second book in this universe) to this story. so just incase you were wondering.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Vinyl Scratch woke up, rolled out of bed, hit the floor, and immediately regretted the decision. She had a pounding headache, which was the result of one of pinky pie’s crazy parties last night. She slowly stood up and turned off her music, and then pressed the stop button again. It was after the third time that she finally realized that the slightly softer music was coming from the guest room. She put on her iconic magenta glasses and walked down the hallway.

She listened for a moment before peering in. she saw two things that prompted her not to look any closer. The first thing that struck her was the cutie mark of this mysterious pony. It was a vinyl record surrounded by a sea of white. The second thing was her glasses, or rather glasses that were identical to her’s except they were green. She decided not to tempt fate and walked down stairs.

She was about to start making breakfast when she realized there weren’t any clean dishes. So she loaded her custom made dishwasher. As the cycle started she loaded her IPhone into its slot and the dubtrot dishwasher started cleaning with heavy “wubs.” The sound permeated the floor and found it’s way into N3ON’s dream, creating the footstep sounds.

“O buck! I need some new cables and it is already 12 O’clock!” Scratch said as she glanced at the clock.

After the dishwasher was done, Scratch proceeded to create two breakfasts, one for herself and another she intended for Octavia. She set Octavia's meal on the table and ran out the door holding hers.

N3ON woke up and stumbled down the stairs. Sad that he had another one of the mysterious dreams yet still hadn’t found the answer to his question: Who is this Scratch pony? He suddenly was greeted by a wonderful smelling breakfast. He climbed onto a chair a proceeded to eat it, thinking that it was Octavia that had left it for him.

“I should probably head to a record store, so as to get some money at gigs so I can rent a house while I am here searching for ‘Scratch.’“ said N3ON as she trotted out the door.

Octavia woke up soon afterwards, ripped out of her sleep by the front door closing. She walked down the stairs to find… “Where’s my breakfast?”

|O/| |[ _ ]| |O/|

As N3ON walked around PonyVille, he was constantly confused. The locals looked at him with both looks of admiration and hate. He also still didn’t know the layout of the town and found himself eternally lost. After walking in circles he found himself at the doorstep of a tree house like building. She knocked on the front door, which was promptly opened. Inside the doorway was a tired looking purple dragon with green spikes.

“O- Hi there Vinyl, let me get Twilight.” Said the dragon. he turned around and walked inside and called up stairs, "Hay Twilight! Vinyl is here to talk to you!"

"how do you know my-" N3ON started but never got to finish as Twilight came down the stairs.

"Hi erm-" Twilight looked at the cutie mark of the unicorn "a- N3ON, what brings you around here, you don't strike me as the bookish type."

"A yes I was hoping you could point me in he direction of a music supply store, could you?"

"Is that really all you came here for?" Twilight asked, noticing a glint of a question in N3ON's eyes.

"acually could you also tell me why everyone keeps thinking my name is DJ Pon-3?"

"you look like her. and know good luck with lyra." and with that N3ON's vision swirled. when it came back she was in a shop full of various music equipment.

"can I help you Scratch?" N3ON wirled about to find a lime green unicorn staring at him. she sniffed the air and went wide eyed, "Also why do smell like human artifacts?!?!?"