• Published 17th Oct 2012
  • 1,672 Views, 142 Comments

The Reception's Back On - sister_mike



Part 2 of "The Reception's Been Canceled"

  • ...
3
 142
 1,672

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Dear Twilight,

The last two and a half months have been crazy. Yes, it's been exactly two and a half months since the attack happened.

As soon as you didn't show up for the wedding, we all knew something was off. And then it all just happened, so fast. I got knocked out early in, so I can't remember all the details of what happened, but when I awoke, the whole wedding party was in cocoons, and Princess Celestia was missing.

I want you to know I'm ok. Not emotionally—I'm scared like crazy—but I haven't been imprisoned like the ponies. The changelings can't harvest dragon energy. They claim to take the shape or form of somepony you love in order to steal energy from you, but clearly that is not the case. They do that in order to get close enough to get you into a pod, or for them to steal your energy directly. They usually use their disguise tactics when they're on their own, facing off of a foe one-on-one. Or, in Chrysalis's case, they take the form of somepony in order to slowly infiltrate the whole system.

Since they've now accomplished this, they don't need to hide behind a pony mask and can walk around freely. They harvest the energy in a great mass, and every changeling has access to it. There's a focal point in the main hall of the palace, some pony-dummy. I'm sure you saw it before you left. Because they have access to so much energy, they are getting stronger and trying to expand their hostile takeover.

I want you to know that I tried to free you. Whenever I could, I went into the great hall and tried everything I could think of to break you free; but only magic can undo the changeling's magic on the cocoons. I think they're onto this, because I overheard Chrysalis mentioning something about attacking unicorns and taking out their powers. This was even before you broke out, so clearly some ponies have been putting on a strong fight. Either way, be on the lookout. I would hate to see your (or Rarity's) magic scrambled.

Things have become even more chaotic since you escaped. I've been trying to find the time to write you a letter, even though it's only been a few hours since you escaped, but I know you will be worried about me, and I thankfully have the short opportunity now. I'll try to tell you everything I can.

I don't know where Princess Celestia is; nopony seems to. I know you freed Princess Luna, but she is now imprisoned again. I'm not sure where, but I know it'll be more difficult for you to break her out again. I overheard the changelings I'm with talking about it.

I've also seen Discord. He's heavily guarded, sedated and locked up in one of rooms on the third floor. I can't remember which one. I don't know what Chrysalis plans to do with him, or why she freed him. The only thing I can remember is that I quickly overheard her arguing with him about Princess Luna. I don't know what the content was.

I'm surprised Chrysalis didn't kill me right away. I know that's what they did with the Diamond Dogs. I've figured out a way to decipher the changelings' language; I know they can speak our language as well, but they don't in front of me, probably because they kept catching me trying to free you. Their magic didn't work on harvesting from the Diamond Dogs either; but they had no use for the Diamond Dogs, so they eliminated them.

I've sort of become Chrysalis's lapdog. She sorta tortures me, and keeps asking me if I know anything about the Elements of Harmony—especially where their whereabouts are. I hope you've found them, or that you do find them. I have no idea where they are.

Aside from being Chrysalis's personal slave, she's set up a special mission for me. As I mentioned earlier, she's trying to expand her takeover. Changelings don't hail from a specific land, like ponies do from Equestria. So they're trying to establish their own territory. Chrysalis wants to expand into the Dragon's Keep, and keeps sending me as the front man to negotiate with them. Of course, she doesn't realize that I know next to nothing about being a dragon, so the meetings aren't going well. I've been burnt and beaten up badly a few times, but so far have managed to stay alive.

That's where I am right now, in the Dragon's Keep. I left Canterlot just as you were escaping and grabbed some paper and a pen so I could write to you. I know it's only been a few hours, but I hope you've managed to stay free.

I don't think Chrysalis is stupid enough to actually try and take over the Dragon's Keep; what she's trying to get is permission to cross through it, in order to invade the Griffin's territory. The only problem is that the dragons hate the changelings, because they keep trying to steal their gems, and because dragons don't like magic in the first place.

I know it will be tempting, but you can't write back to me. The only reason I have time to write right now is because the changelings that dragged me up here are arguing with some dragons. It won't be long until they notice I'm gone, and once I'm back with them, any letters that you send me will be taken away and used against you. I'm surprised they haven't tried to use me to find you yet.

Don't come looking for me if you're still in Canterlot. Find the Elements of Harmony and Princess Celestia and Luna. Fight Chrysalis. Then we can reunite.

Also, I have no idea where Cadance is, but I do know that Shining Armor is not in a cocoon. I don't know where he is, or if he's conscious, but I know that he's alive.

I hope you and the others are well. Tell Rarity that I'm keeping an eye on Sweetie Belle.

Be safe.

Spike