• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 2,822 Views, 115 Comments

Vortexes are Magic - JeckParadox



The Doctor's in Equestria, he's in love with Luna, and Celestia blames him for everything

  • ...
9
 115
 2,822

Side Story-The Angel's Crusade.

"What are you talking about?!"

"I swear I saw it move!"

"You're just trying to scare me again."

"Sweetie Belle, I swear on my position in the RD fanclub I am telling the truth that thing- EEEEKK! It did it again, I looked away and it came closer!"

"Yeah right." Applebloom walked up to the statue and looked it up and down. "This thing is made of granite." She hit it a few times with her hoof. "It couldn't move even if it were alive!"

"See?" Sweetie Belle said, her voice wavering slightly.

"J-just... can we leave? If you don't believe me about the one creepy thing I did see what's the point in being Cutie Mark Crusader Ghost Busters?" Scootaloo said shivering, keeping an eye on the statue.

"No! We haven't found a ghost yet!" Applebloom said defiantly, hitting the statue again for emphasis.

"How do you even know there's a stupid ghost here anyway?" Scootaloo said, trying to feign confidence.

"Over forty ponies have disappeared here, never leaving a trace." Applebloom said, standing on her hind legs and shining the bottom of her face with a flashlight dramatically.

"What?!" Sweetie Belle shouted. She ran to a window and looked outside, frowning as she looked over the overgrown lawn of the house. "Why would we come here!?"

"Because ponies have seen the ghosts of the disapeared ponies here, and we're going to catch one!" Applebloom said, turning her back on the statue ad walking past Sweetie Belle, she tapped her on the shoulder and then nudged Scootaloo. "Let's go check the attic next."

Scootaloo gave one last look at the statue and turned to follow Applebloom to the next story of the haunted house. They went into the next hall before they heard Sweetie Belle shriek. The two of them shot back into the hall and started yelling for Sweetie Belle.

"Sweetie Belle?" Applebloom called, she took a hesitant look at the window, and saw that her friend had not fallen out. Scootaloo looked in the rooms next to the hall, but Sweetie wasn't in any of them. "Sweetie Belle this isn't funny." she let herself glance at the statue, and could have sworn it had turned an inch to face her. "Sweetie please come out." Her voice cracked, she walked into the room, seeing the spiderwebs on the ceiling and the dust on the bed. Her gaze was left on a single long crack in the wall. Turn around now. She turned around and saw the statue was no longer there. She let her gaze fall on the crack and the strange voice that came from it, and started slowly walking toward the hall, fear shaking her every step.

"Scoota-" Applebloom screamed, and Scootaloo forgot her fear instantly and rushed out after her, she saw the statue had moved to stand above her friend, and had covered her mouth with it's hoof, it's wings obscuring her friend.

"Get off of her you ghost!" Scootaloo shouted. And she closed her eyes, tackling the statue, she bounced off of it and rubbed her head, "Ow-owowow.... Applebloom?" Scootaloo realized that the statue had moved it's wings and that Applebloom was no longer there. "Wh-what did you do with her you monster?!" She blinked. The statue was now turned toward her. Scootaloo blinked in surprise, and it was closer, on it's hind legs, the fore-hoof it had been using to cover it's eyes now pointed to her, and it's face was emotionless, creepy and beautiful at the same time. She blinked again, any beauty in the mare statue's face had disappeared, for inside her mouth were rows of savage pointed teeth. She blinked again.

"So Pinkie, you said you needed to pick some things up?"

"Yep! Also, do you think I could invite my friends to come along?"

"... Sure... The more the merrier I suppose." The Doctor leaned in the entrance of the Tardis. "But don't let things become too domestic, no boyfriends or parents... on second thought I've had the most fun with the boyfriends and family of my companions, so feel free."

Pinkie came back pushing a pink cannon and a pile of party supplies. She then brought in a bag of flour and sugar, some paper, rubber balls, dynamite, a grappling hook, tooth brush, etc."

"How... do we even brush our teeth?" The Doctor asked.

"You don't brush your teeth?" Pinkie asked, scrunching up her face in an 'ew' expression.

"Of course I do... just not since I became a pony, which is about the same time you've gone without a toothbrush."

"hmm... fine, like this." She held it up in her hoof and brought it across her teeth a few times.

"Why is it our hooves can bend that far back?"

"Why is it the sky is blue?" Pinkie asked, rolling her eyes at him. She pulled out a kazoo and flung it into the pile in the Tardis. "So where do you want to head this time?"

"I'm thinking... the future, the far far future." Then he shook his head and reconsidered. "Actually, let's try another planet!"

"I still don't know what you mean by that."

He let out a sigh. "How is it you've had all this technology and magic for so many millenia and you haven't even discovered another planet! A civilization your age could have conquered a galaxy by now."

"What would we do with a galaxy- Oh hi Applejack!"

"Pinkie- you're back! Where were you?"

"Luna didn't tell you?"

"What do you mean? Celestia locked her in her tower after the whole ordeal with the Daleks, and- you're that stallion! The Princess said we were supposed to arrest you on sight!"

"What were you going to say before you realized that Pinkie was even here?"

"Have you seen my sister? But I guess you wouldn't have, you've been gone for a whole day."

"Really? It's been like a week for me."

"Huh..." Applejack stated, then she frowned at the Doctor, "Don't think I'm not coming back for you, it's just I need to find my sister."

"Where did you last see her?" The Doctor asked, following her.

"She said somthin' about being ghost busters and then she ran off with her friends."

"Ghost Busters?" The Doctor smirked.

"Yeah whatever, just leave me alone k? I'll let you go this time."

"No, I think I'll come with."

"Really?" Applejack asked, confused.

"Of course, and I'm coming too! I wouldn't be a good friend if I left the moment you needed my help!" Pinkie pronked happily after the two of them.

Applejack suddenly skidded to a halt. "When did you become a pegasus?" She asked, staring at the Doctor's wings.

"He hit his head, come on, didn't you say this was an emergency?"

"He hit his- what kind of an explanation is that?"

"So why exactly are we here?"

"This is the only haunted house near Ponyville, the only place a aspiring Ghost Buster could come to in hopes of catching a spirit, forty ponies disappeared here, including the owners, their heirs, and the police stallions investigating the place, and the officially sanctioned pyros that were supposed to burn this place down." He looked up at the thick treeline. "But by now it's part of the Everfree forest, and no one can get a thunder cloud over the place to burn it down because they all go feral. And why they haven't repaired the mysteriously destroyed wall around it, the forest itself is enough a deterrent for most ponies."

"But not my sister and her friends."

"Yep, every pony that stepped into this house in a group smaller than thirty has disappeared without a trace."

Pinkie leaned over to him. "You stopped at the library when you said you needed to go to the colt's room didn't you?" She whispered.

"Yep!"

"Come on, my sister is in there, and so is Rarity's, and their friend."

"Didn't you hear me? Every pony that walked into that house has never came back out."

"I heard ya' I just don't care, my sister could be in trouble."

"Then what are we standing around here for?"

Applejack and Pinkie Pie walked ahead, while the Doctor took up the rear and kept an eye out. The Doctor was trying to be his most alert, to take in every detail of the house, any sight that could hide the fillies or a 'ghost'. He jumped five feet in the air when he heard Pinkie scream, he flipped his wings in the air and launched in front of her, shielding her from whatever made her yell. "S-sorry Doctor, I just got freaked out when I saw that... I'm not sure why though, goosebumps, weak knees, cold sweat, all at once... hmm..."

The Doctor looked at what had scared Pinkie. It was a statue of a mare in greek robes, with four wings, and it covered it's eyes with it's hair and a raised fore leg. He narrowed his eyes and pointed his Sonic Screwdriver at it. "Don't blink, just in case, I'll tell you when you can..." He flashed the blue light over the statue's features and in the air around it. He frowned. "Not good, not good, not good."

"What?"

"Alright, I need you all to back up slowly, never taking your eyes off the statue."

"What are you talking about Doctor?" Applejack said, Pinkie's gaze was drawn from the statue to Applejack for an instant, and the Doctor immediately turned to look at it, it had clearly moved it's hoof away from it's face. "What in blazes was that?!"

"The moment they aren't being observed they can move, you have to see it, have to stare at it, if you blink it gets you, incredibly quickly."

"Gets you- what are you talking about?! Did this thing k- g... g-get Applebloom and her friends?"

"If they were here. Yes."

"Then they weren't here, and neither are we, let's get out of here, warn the princess, and have her burn this place to the ground." Applejack started walking backwards slowly, and the Doctor rose in the air.

"Go down the stairs, I'll stare at it, both of you get down safely." Pinkie glanced back at it and galloped down the stairs, stopping at the bottom and looking up at the tip of the Angel's wing.

Applejack looked behind her again and moved down the steps, stopping in a place where she could still see the angel. "I'm down, hey, Doctor, I saw that thing from the window up there, after we get out you can just fly out the window there."

"Hurry, my eyes are watering!"

Applejack and Pinkie began galloping out, following the path they came from and coming toward the main entrance of the manor, Applejack skidded to a halt an inch in front of the door and turned around. There were four statues like the one upstairs, on the sides of the hall, and either side of the main staircase they had just come down. Pinkie fumbled with the door knob and frowned. "It's locked!" She moved her head up to the spy hole and jumped back, she had seen a smiling stone face on the other side. "There's one outside!"

"And there are four more in here... I think." Applejack kept her eyes open, trying to keep all four in her line of vision.

"This is not good, not good at all!" Pinkie said, her eyebrows coming closer together, she frowned and ran back up the stairs. "DOCTOR! ARE YOU STILL UP THERE!?" She yelled.

There was no answer.

"Applejack..."

"I know Pinkie, just... jus- grrr..." Applejack forced her eyes all the way open again. "Just... stay calm, and keep your eyes on them. Applejack heard a beating of wings above her and forced herself not to glance up. "Pinkie, what's up there?" Pinkie turned her head upward and a statue crashed a foot in front of Applejack. She yelped and jumped back against the wall, hitting her head, she closed her eyes and rubbed the back of her head with her hoof. She realized her mistake a second too late.

Pinkie stared as hard as she could, when the angel fell she had blinked in surprise, and in that time the one that fell must have outstretched it's hoof, the other four had also moved closer. And Applejack was nowhere to be seen.

"Applejack?" She said silently, "Doctor?" she said a little louder. "Applejack! Doctor! Applejack! Doctor!!" she began chanting, her eyes wavering as she stared at the five angels, she accidently blinked and all five had turned toward her, no longer covering their faces. "Please help!"

"Great, you killed us, and now we're dead." Scootaloo said for the twentieth time.

"We ain't dead! And how would it be my fault?"

"Because you didn't believe me about the ghost!"

"It was a statue!"

"A haunted statue." Scootaloo said, turning her head away from Applebloom.

"I don't want to be dead..." Sweetie Belle said, looking around the golden field of tall grass. "This is boring..." She looked down at her flank. "And we never got our Cutie Marks..."

Scootaloo looked to her own flank as well and let her head droop. "I... I hadn't really thought of that..."

"We ain't dead, and we will get out Cutie Marks, we just got, whaddya call it, teleported! Just sent somewhere else is all." Applebloom said with a determined nod.

With a flash of light a tan Pegasus wearing a vest appeared. "Agghghhh-guh...ugh... huh?" He looked around, blinking over and over. "Well that was nerve-wracking... Oh well." He looked at the three fillies. "Are any of you named Applebloom per chance?"

"Ah'm Applebloom."

"Your sister's been looking for you, all of you, did the angel's send you here?"

"You mean the haunted statue? Did it kill you too?" Scootaloo said uncertainly.

"Weeping Angel's, only species in the universe to kill you nicely."

"So we are dead!" Sweetie Belle said, sinking to her haunches.

"Well, not exactly, you just got sent to a different place at a different time, effectively you're all dead, but without the whole nasty ordeal of actually dying."

"Are we dead or not?!" Sweetie Belle said in a panic.

"You are alive, very much alive, and I'm going to do everything in my power to bring us all back to the right time." He looked around. "First I need to find a map, a pen, some paper, and a town!"

Another flash appeared and Applejack was on the ground, braced for something to fall on her. "Applejack!" Applebloom shouted.

Applejack looked up and put on as mean a face as she could, but that didn't stop the filly from jumping onto and hugging her sister, and that melted the meanness away instantly. "Don't you dare do something so scary again, alright? And ah mean all of you, if your special talent is almost dying you're better off without the mark, ya get me?" She turned to the Doctor. "Where are we Doctor?"

"Oh dear, hopefully you can tell us, we are still in Equestria, but who knows how far away..."

Applejack looked around, seeing the trees and the mountains. "We're less than an hour away, follow me!" Applejack galloped off, and the Doctor took to the sky. "Come on kids!"

The three crusaders hurried to catch up with them.

Pinkie couldn't keep rubbing her eyes, and she just knew, knew, that the other angel would be sneaking around to the other side of the house. She just let her eyes burn, and hoped that her eyes being watered over wouldn't count as not seeing. She jumped a foot in the air at the sound of the doorbell ringing. She caught herself though, and even though she had blinked she looked down fast enough to see all five of them again, and balanced on two of their heads. "Um... excuse me, but..." came a voice on the other side of the door.

"Open the door!" Pinkie screamed. The door swung open and a mailmare Pegasi was standing on the other side. "Now stare at the statues! Don't blink, no matter what!"

"Alright!" She cocked her head to the side a little, letting her eyes, which went in different directions, rest on all five. "Um... how long do I-" Pinkie jumped from the statues heads and landed behind the mailmare, and looked around for the other one.

"Must have sneaked around from the side..." She slammed the door on the angels' faces and flinched as five impacts against the rotting wood rung out at the same time. She squinted into the spy-hole, but they only work one way.

"How did you know I was here?" Pinkie asked, blinking a few hundred times.

The mailmare responded by handing a very old letter to Pinkie. It was addressed; 'Deliver to Stanhorse Manor 3487-b, near the Everfree Forest, on this date;' then the date had been scribbled in and scratched out twice, then written a final time in bold letters. It also gave the specific time. "I made sure to be right on time, sure, I'm clumsy, but I'm always punctual, that's me ol' punctual D-"

"Sorry to interrupt you but, there are things in there that will try to do... something to us... they made my friends disapear from thin- how old is that letter?"

"Almost forty years."

"They got sent back in time!" Pinkie hit a hoof to her head as if that was obvious. She snatched the letter and opened it up, "Thanks miss mailmare!"

"Not a problem!" She then hovered off in a lopsided way, Pinkie watched the gray Pegasus fly off, and then noticed something falling in her peripheral vision, one of the statues had gone after the mailmare, and got caught in her sight mid-air. She wondered if it survived the crash. She opened the letter and frowned, it was very, very long, and was written very small. But she knew she could do it.

Pinkie was alone in the Tardis, and she glared at the controls, she let her eyes fall upon the letter one more time, and now confident her subconscious had memorized the directions, promptly chewed the paper and spit it out in a garbage can. She clopped her hoofs together and a dark grin spread across her face, and she descended on the controls, following every whim of the Pinkie Sense. She turned controls, pulled levers, pressed buttons, played notes on musical instruments, and looked at the pretty colors that flashed back at her. When all was said and done, the Tardis's whooshing sound filled the room, and she could see on the monitor that she was in the place directed by the letter. She opened the doors and smiled as the Cutie Mark crusaders, Applejack, and the Doctor, were standing outside, and everypony but Applejack had ink all over their faces. Probably inexperience with the old-fashioned pens.

"Come on in!" Pinkie said with a smile. The others offered their hanks as they went into the box, and expressing their wonder with the much larger inside, but the Doctor stopped by the entrance. "So, Pinkie you didn't have to wait too long, did you?"

"No, just three or four minutes really."

"Four whole minutes without blinking?!"

"Heh, I've been the unquestioned runner-up for the last three years' Ponyville Staring Tournament." Her smile became even wider. "Fluttershy always beats me though, even without her special stare!" She looked up and said in a very serious voice. "That is why she is the true stare-master."

"Heh, well, I hope it didn't freak you out too much, the letter came in okay?"

"Yep! Memorized it, and did it!" She gestured proudly to the Tardis's module. "Maybe you'll teach me how to go anywhere with it?" She said hopefully. The Doctor looked at her and gave a sly smile.

"We'll see."

"Sister, may I come out now?"

"...Yes, sure... perhaps it was silly of me to confine you to your room... makes you seem like a child, I apologize."

"No sister, if I wanted to look like a child I would have said 'you aren't my mom' and stormed off." Luna looked up at the moon, feeling it's pull as always, her ethereal mane blowing in its magical winds, felt by no other pony alive. "I wonder about Mother sometimes..."

"Luna,"

"Don't worry, I know, I know... but... hm?"

Celestia followed Luna's gaze to her desk. There appeared a scroll in a burst of green flame. "That's strange, why would Twilight send a letter to your room?"

"I wonder..." Luna said, lifting the scroll to her with telekinesis. "It's from Applejack." Luna stated. "Hmm..."

"What does it say?"

"Apparently she's asking us to burn down a manor in the Everfree forest, she says it attracts children looking to be ghost busters, and is a safety risk to the foals of Ponyville."

"So the Crusaders investigated the haunted mansion and Applejack got spooked? That's sweet." Celestia smiled, but she quickly stopped when she saw Luna's face had only grown more serious. "Luna?"

"She says that there was- no, are, creatures there that make ponies disappear, and send them through time. The Crusaders were all sent, as well as Applejack. If it wasn't for the Doctor, they'd all be living in the 960's."

Celestia was suddenly behind her sister, reaching her neck over to look at the note. "So it says... I have a feeling he's somehow responsible for the creature though, go ahead, ask him sometime, I'm sure it'll be his fault."

"So you'll allow me to talk to him?"

"...Yes, he saved three fillies and Applejack, and apparently Twilight, or at least Spike, think that it allows him pardon enough that they aren't reporting him." She sighed, "I'll give him one pardon, one visit and I won't make him atone for his sins, but afterwards, he'll face what's coming to him by our laws."

Luna smiled at her sister and nuzzled against her. "I think we'll have to talk to the Doctor about the creatures before we do anything to deal with them."

"Why? If we get sent back in time your Doctor can just bring us back."

"Oh God, Luna, don't blink, don't blink, Luna, if you blink!" Celestia was on two legs, her wings tight against her sides, up against the wall, the Weeping Angel was up against her, Celestia began burning a hole behind her, and fell through the hole, the Angel dropping behind her, it fell out of her gaze for an instant. "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-"

"Please, please tell me we have all of them!" Luna said, keeping four trapped in telekinesis. "I'm going to have nightmares for the rest of eternity about this!" She kept forcing herself not to shudder and look away.

"Uh... one of them-"

"THEN YOU ARE GETTING THAT ONE, I'm going to take these four and place them in the darkest depth of Tartarus- wait, the brightest, most observed spot in Tartarus, and have the guards keep me posted that they are safely locked away forever."

"A-alright... I'll get the last one."

"You do that." Luna took to the sky, sending a laser beam at the manor, something glinted that caught her eye, but she chose to ignore it, probably just some bit of glass reflecting her beam's light.

As the manor burned down a single crack that had been in a wall still stood as the rest of it burned around it. The crack opened slightly, white light shining down on the area around it, and a spider's web became younger and younger, until it shrank into nothing. Out of the light came cries of metallic voices, hissings and growlings, and four drum beats. And five words.

The shadow over the moon.