• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 2,822 Views, 115 Comments

Vortexes are Magic - JeckParadox



The Doctor's in Equestria, he's in love with Luna, and Celestia blames him for everything

  • ...
9
 115
 2,822

Stars Part 6

Written By Jeck Paradox, edited and pre-read by Slateblu1

After Orbitus came back from his chase Umbra lead him away quietly, while Celestia and Discord did the same for Luna as Starswirl went and dealt with the staff. Celestia flinched as she heard the sounds of explosions bouncing off a two-way forcefield in the distance . Once they were sure they were away from watchful eyes Celestia and Luna did a little dance.

"Your first kiss!"

"I know!"

"How was it?!"

"I... I don't know, I haven't kissed anypony on the lips before... I enjoyed it." Luna considered it for a while. "He didn't really kiss me back..."

"Did you see his smile afterward?" Discord asked. "I'm sure that has to be worth a few dozen." Celestia and Luna looked down at the well-groomed Draconequus, and simultaneously raised their eyebrows. Discord stepped back a foot. "What? Anypony can kiss somepony. But giving them a smile like that? One completely natural? It has to be more valuable."

Luna and Celestia looked back at each other and laughed for a while. They stopped when they heard a gigantic crash sound. Celestia took a peek outside and noticed that the building that Umbra led Orbitus to had exploded. Perhaps the force field didn't last, but there wasn't a sonic boom or even a roar so he probably wasn't charging off. Luna and Discord came outside with Celestia and looked upon the wreckage.

"The secretary of the treasury is going to love this one." Luna whispered.

Discord merely shook his head slowly back and forth. "And it was such a pretty tower."

Celestia realized something was wrong. "Guys... they haven't come out yet..."

Luna stopped her giggling and took to the sky, followed quickly by Discord and Celestia.

"Mom?! Dad?!" Celestia shouted. The three of them quickly moved away large chunks of the wreckage to find a forcefield covered in cracks.

Luna flew down and levitated the wreckage above the field away. Umbra, who was lying on the ground apparently noticed this, or perhaps her magic simply gave out at that moment, because she dropped the field seconds after. "Mother? Mom?" Luna asked in a panic.

Orbitus got up off the ground and moved over to his wife's side. Luna turned to him and practically shouted. "What happened?!"

"I... we were arguing and... Luna, I didn't do this, she didn't do this, it..." Orbitus simply looked lost for a few seconds. "I think it was a bomb."

"A bomb?!" Starswirl shouted, rushing over the wreckage to the royal family's side. "Somepony tried to assassinate you?!"

Orbitus began combing through the room, and soon he found a cavity underneath his throne, a very large one, which had been blown up from the inside.

"Starswirl, get a medic for my wife!" He turned back to the cavity and lit a light inside it. The work had been done a while ago, and there was no way to remotely detonate it that he could see. So it had to be on a signal spell or a timer.

Starswirl did a quick 'checkup' spell on the queen."No need, the damage on her isn't physical, it's magical. Two-way force field's take it out of you. And having to keep it running while a bomb went off on one side and the two of you freaking out on the other probably just gave her a bit of magic shock. She'll be fine."

"...I'll take your word for it, but please, get her medical attention anyway."

"Of course your Highness." Starswirl very carefully lifted up Umbra and moved from the tower across the lot that held the pedestals of day and night.

"Luna call the guard, I want this tower dismantled and the origin of the bomb found."

"Understood!" Luna took off immediately.

Celestia and Discord stood there awkwardly. "Um... Father?"

Orbitus had turned to the cavity again. The bomb was placed before the throne had been. He and his wife had been sitting next to a bomb for the last eighteen years. "Celestia, Discord, look up the group that we hired for the tower's construction, or even just the group that made the throne..."

Discord nodded, and teleported away to the records room. After two minutes figuring out how the gigantic archive was ordered he found the correct files and reappeared before the two Alicorns. He handed the King the files and frowned. "The no longer 'federal' Pegasopolis Construction Company."

Orbitus's face somehow managed to become even more grim. "So they've been conspiring this whole time."

"Who?" Celestia asked.

"The President of Equestria." Discord answered. "And the corporation he fell back on. King Orbitus kept on many of the old federal institutions for a while, but the more loyal ones started falling apart or showing signs of legitimate rebellion. One of them, the Pegasopolis Federal Construction Company, pretended to switch loyalty to the Monarchy, but they were secretly planning treason." He gestured to the bomb. "Apparently the conspiracy went farther than the defense force thought."

"How come I don't know about this?"

"It happened when you were very small, before Luna was born actually. The Company tried to assassinate all of us before." Orbitus said grimly.

"What do you mean by 'all of us'?"

"When you were three they threw a thunderstorm grenade into the nursery while me and your mother were also present. We stopped it, and traced it back to the company, we shut it down and arrested everyone in a position of command. But we didn’t take down the buildings they made."

Discord paced for a while. "But who could still be sending signals to the bomb? You arrested everyone who could possibly be involved."

Orbitus and Celestia looked at each other and then back to Discord. "How do you know so much of this?"

Discord got a shy smile. "I spend most of my free time in the Federal Library. I've read every court case in the last thirty years." He made a checklist appear. "Actually, only the last twenty-seven and a half years." He frowned. "I can't get on with reading the older ones because cases keep being added to the records for me to read, and I can't go out of order if I can help it."

"Huh... Celestia, I want you to stay safe, talk to the Captain about safety accommodations for you, Luna, and Discord." Orbitus said.

"What about you and mom?"

"We can take care of ourselves, don't worry."

Luna got to her room and closed the door quietly, before collapsing into her bed. Without opening her eyes she levitated her piece of psychic paper out of it's hiding place and brought it over to her. She then lifted the dragon's jewels, a golden red phoenix feather, hair from a bear, liquid rainbow in a tiny vial, marbles, a headband made by buffaloes, a half-broken cup, a pile of unique stones from a variety of places, pressed and magically preserved flowers, and finally a worn, dulled, and folded piece of paper, one that had been folded in such a way that only the words 'the end' were visible. All her fondest memories of her and the Doctor. She turned around on her bed and noticed the repeating message on the psychic paper. She immediately grabbed it closer to her.

She began mouthing out the words.

"Luna, this will have to be short- thanks for the kiss, and know that I'll kiss you as the first thing I do the next time we meet. As for that... Luna, I think we should begin a life together, either as Equestrians, or as Time-Travelers, or maybe both. But before that... we should wait, at least until you're an adult. I'll wait too, just so you don't feel it's unfair. I'll miss you every second, and I hope you still love me in four or five years. Don't forget, but don't let it bother you- you're more than my traveling companion now, so don't center yourself on me. Become your own mare, and when it's time, we'll meet back up, and decide what to do with our lives. Love, -----, or, as you've known me, the Doctor."

Luna blinked away a tear and looked out at the sky from her window. She opened a blue wooden case, and put each object into it gently. She put several stasis and protection spells over it, before putting it on her bed. She then went around packing everything she needed for her trip.

She floated all of her suitcases and her pillow behind her as she walked down the spiral staircase from her’s and Discord's room... no. The room she had shared once with Celestia, and at the same time the room she had shared with Discord. The room of her childhood. She stopped at the bottom of the staircase, and then suddenly flew back up to the top. She opened the door and walked over to the window. How many times had she dove from, fallen out of, and gotten pushed out of this window? She took a little shard of glass from the window and wrapped it in a bit of it's curtain she ripped off. She looked outside it and looked into the blackness. She and her sister and Discord, and Starswirl and a few of Celestia's more devoted tutors, were escaping the castle in the dead of night, for fear that every wall could hold a bomb.

"They don't remember! They don't remember what we did for them! Is it just because I'm immortal that my memory is better than them? Don't they remember all the pain they felt when the system began pulling apart!" Orbitus yelled. Starswirl and Umbra winced together as Orbitus destroyed a bust of himself.

"The people just want what's best for themselves and their families-" Starswirl began.

"Exactly, no nationalism! None! We have no soldiers willing to die for the cause! Only stallions who work out and can stand standing at a door for hours at a time. Some lousy guards, that's what Equestrian nationalism amounts to!" Orbitus let out a sigh and collapsed to the ground, and the color began draining from his mane, the swath of perfect summer sky fading into a pale blue mane. Umbra gasped and Starswirl raised his bushy eyebrows. He had never seen the King so weak.

Umbra walked up to him and hit him hard in the face with a hoof. Not enough to send him through the wall, but easily hard enough to send him against it. Starswirl shifted his shock to the queen, and Orbitus mirrored his expression, pressing his foreleg to his cheek as an afterthought. "You are the King! The ponies governed themselves fairly for thirty thousand years, but after that time their government collapsed, or was about to, the system keeping the environment in check was becoming more and more corrupt, so what did you do? You enforced rule, you got the ponies to keep their system running. You became their King because they needed a King." Umbra's face cooled down, her tightened, fierce, unemotional face softened, and became sweet and loving and sad. "They need a King again. You have become paranoid in the years since we sent the kids away, you began relying on the bureaucracy for issues you could judge in your sleep. Be the King, make changes, fire people, put competent ponies closer to you, find what's wrong with the system and fix it."

Orbitus looked at her and trotted back to his throne. He sank into it, and looked up to her, and then to Starswirl. "The last time the government was about to come apart... The presidency couldn't control the companies that organized the Pegasi, and because of unpredictable weather the Earth Ponies rebelled, and the Unicorns were at the heart of the corruption... I took away one of the factors by putting the sun and moon under my command, relieving the unicorns of their command. I need to do that again..."

Umbra looked uncertainly at her husband. "Orbitus, I didn't mean that-"

Orbitus looked up to his wife and smiled. "I couldn't exactly grow every plant in Equestria personally..."

"No, of course not-"

"But perhaps I could control it's weather myself."

"One pegasus cannot control an entire weather system!"

"But I'm not a single Pegasus." He smiled. "I'm an Alicorn, the King, I wrestled the sun from the entire unicorn race, I'm sure I can push the clouds around."

"Of all of Equestria?! Starswirl, tell him it's impossible!"

“I’m not a Pegasus, but I’m sure one would tell you it’s impossible. Pegasus magic isn't like Unicorn magic, it more present, more physical than a unicorn’s. A Pegasus can control the weather around him, but not much beyond that, they have to actually push the clouds and smell the wind.”

“You sound like a Pegasus.”

“I could tell you the same about Earth Pony magic and you know I’m not an Earth Pony!"

"Orbitus, please, don't even joke about this, if you attempt this you could actually get some control, more than a normal Pegasus at least, but you'll tear yourself apart reaching over Equestria."

"...I'll do research before trying it. Starswirl, if it doesn't take too long, I'd like you to help me with that."

"Of course my Liege, but I wouldn't reccomend it."

"Don't do anything hasty Orb." Umbra said before he walked out the door.

"Wouldn't dream of it."

It had been two years since she had last seen the Doctor, two years since the kiss, and the bomb, and the letter. But she was doing alright. Even before there would be months where the Doctor only showed up once or twice. The only difference now was that she didn't have to look out over their balcony every morning to see if he was there... it helped that she and Celestia had moved away.

She was sixteen now, and Celestia was twenty, but they both still looked about thirteen, and that aging was going to continue slowing. Until they get to their parent's age, whatever that was, where years pass without a single new hair appearing on Father's chin to be shaved off. Luna had made a deal with her parents, when she turned eighteen she would join Celestia in her lessons, but until then she spent the days as she willed, she spent the days and nights making her art, perfecting it, and, as she had guessed the Doctor had insinuated, she began making plans to light up the night sky.

She spent days at a time flying, exhausting her Pegasus magic, trying to reach the edge of the sky, but she would always fall back to Earth. She wasn't sure how she would ever cover the sky with her art.

"Fallen back to Earth oh Mare of the Moon?"

"Celestia, please don't call me that."

"Fine, Luna, you need to stop doing this, you're going to get gray hairs.

"Good."

Celestia sighed. "You know what I mean. You can't already be tired of immortality, you're only a teenager."

"You are only a few weeks older than me now. At least bodily wise. And I'm catching up."

"Hmm. But really, when will you be finished with your craters?"

"When I can touch the edge of the sky."

"I wish you'd tell me your oh-so secret project."

"I don't want to ruin the surprise."

"Can't I help in some way? You're making the gardeners go insane."

Luna looked over the great open fields that surrounded the castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. It was riddled with craters from Luna's daily drops from orbit. "I..." Luna bowed her head and sighed. "I want to put giant lights in the sky, not like the sun or moon but..." Luna brought her ethereal mane into existence. "I want the sky to look like my mane, like my art."

"-and you've gone off the deep end."

"Celestia!"

"This is taking vanity to a whole new level Luna! If you want ponies to look at your art have it put in any museum in Equestria, ponies would flock to see the work of their princess, you don't have to deface the entire world with it!"

"'deface'?!"

"Oh you know what I mean."

"I'm not doing this for my own vanity, it's for the d- the world. It's to bring beauty to the entire world, for all time."

"Luna." Celestia shook her head. "Luna, you almost said. 'doctor'."

"No I didn't."

"Luna." Celestia put a confinement spell on her before she could fly away. "We need to talk about this. You said he's never coming back."

"Of course he's coming back. He meets us in the future."

"What are you talking about?"

"He said it a bunch of times, he knew what you looked like, the rainbow hair you, before I took him to see you the night before... and he left me a message."

"You never said anything about a message, do I need to instruct the guards to do a Doctor patrol now?"

"No, he said he wouldn't be back for a long time, another two years, or more."

"He gave you a date?!"

"In the message it said that he would wait until I was an adult, and then he'd come and he'd marry me."

Celestia was dumbfounded. "I'm... just going to take a flight... and please stop with this whole lights in the sky thing, at least until I get back."

Luna undid the spell. "No! You're going off to tell Mom and Dad!"

Celestia already took off to the sky. Luna took off after her, and she managed to catch up, her wings were stronger than Celestia's. "Don't stop me Luna, you need to stop with him!"

"No I don't we love each other, we went on all those adventures, and told me stories of his world... I can't give up on him!"

She flew around Celestia, catching Celestia with a paralysis spell. She wrapped her sister in a bubble and watched it float away back towards their castle. But Celestia had already defeated Luna's spell and popped the bubble.

"Luna, go back!"

"NO!" Luna fired off another paralysis spell, but Celestia already diffused it by the time it touched her. And she created one of her own, sticking Luna's wings in a downward spiral, it would take Luna safely to the ground. Luna studied the spell, but it was too specialized, she couldn't figure it out by the time Celestia had already become a spot in the horizon. "Darn it!" She would never be able to stop Celestia by the time the spell wore off. But she might be able to get to someone who could.

"Count, could you please look over these documents?"

"Hm, put it on the desk, thank you Sherbet." He pronounced it with a french accent that made it sound like 'Shyarr-Bear'. Sherbet smiled. There was absolutely no french history in his family, but it was one of the Count's quirks that made him at the very least familiar.

"Discord County's annual farmer's market is coming up soon."

"I still don't understand why it's called 'annual' if it's a new event."

"It will be annual."

"hm. Wait, please excuse me for a little while Sherbet, I'm about to meet with an unexpected regal guest."

"Regal?"

"Princess Luna."

"Our Princess Luna?"

"No, the Changeling's. Of course it's ours. I actually lived with her until two years ago." The Draconequus got up from his chair and stretched to his full height, just a few inches taller than the mare. "I wonder what she needs to talk to me about."

At that moment Discord snapped his claw, and the roof disappeared, and a pile of pillows appeared in the middle of the room. Two seconds later Princess Luna crashed into the pile. The roof returned to it's normal place, and Discord helped the Alicorn up before dispelling the pillows. "Discord, I need a favor."

"It's nice to see you too Luna!"

"Now's not the time to get sarcastic, I need you to meet up with Celestia and stop her from telling Dad about the Doctor."

"He came back!?"

"He sent a message."

Discord shook his head. "Nope, I'm a count now, I'm not obstructing a Princess."

"It's not a 'Count obstructing a Princess' it's Luna and Discord stopping Celestia. Three siblings."

"Please."

Discord sighed and put his head on top of Luna's. They were both slightly taller than the average pony, which put them at the same height. "Luna... I'll get you there first, but I'm not sticking around to get Celestia mad at me again." He turned to Sherbet "I'll be gone for a little while, do I have any meetings in the next hour?"

"No sir."

"Good, well' we're off!" And with a snap of his claw the two of them were in the hall outside the royal court, on a rug that had a sign that said 'reserved for teleportation'. "Now hurry, Court won't be in session for a another hour. Please don't start a war over your boyfriend."

"Thank's Discord, and stop getting taller."

"No." And Discord stood on his tip... claws and hoof, giving him a good two inches on Luna before teleporting back to Discord County. Sherbet had poured him a cup of tea and had placed yet another pile of papers in his brief absence. "How the heck does she do it?"

Celestia flew over the wide open meeting area and landed near the staircase that would lead to the the courtroom. It would be another hour before court started, so she would be able to talk to her parents. But she had to be quick, Luna couldn't be more than two minutes behind her. She dashed down the stairway and came to the court doors, pushing them open with magic she marched into the room.

To be greeted by Luna.

"Oh! Celestia, Luna said you'd be coming." Orbitus smiled at seeing both his daughters again.

"You seem cheerful." Celestia looked at Luna suspiciously. But the blue alicorn gave no sign of noticing the almost glare.

"Yes, my daughter's have come to visit! Now, what's all this about?"

"Luna's gone insane."

"I'd like to talk to you about some of my future plans." Luna clarified. "Which Celestia doesn't agree with."

"Also, Luna got a message from the Doctor and never told anypony!"

"Great, you couldn't wait to drop that one first, could you?" Luna returned Celestia's glare.

Orbitus's ears perked up. "Oh? What does it say?"

Celestia opened her mouth, but was cut off by Luna. "The Doctor told me that he'll come back in two or three years and ask to marry me."

Orbitus immediately calmed the flames that began coming to existence in his mane. "...Continue."

"That was all the message said, Celestia is just mad because I didn't tell her."

"Oh. The Doctor wants to Marry you? Luna, please, please explain something to me. He's a 'time traveler', right?"

"Yes..."

"Now, please don't be offended, but here's something I thought of since the last time me and your mother discussed 'the Doctor'. If he really is a Time Traveler, and knows the course of history, what if he wants to marry the Princess, ensuring that in the future he would rule?"

"Dad! The Doctor has no such ambition!"

"You don't know that! He had spent a much shorter time with you, he has been skipping over the gaps between his visits with you, if he was an exceptional enough actor he could fool you into thinking him whatever you wanted the brief time you spent together. And if he becomes Equestria's future ruler because he married you, and knows every event in the future, then he could make himself the emperor of the world. He is that dangerous, and you continue to pine for him!?"

"I... I... No, I know him. I know he's a good pony, who has done nothing but try and have fun and help others who need it!"

"Anypony can pretend to be a 'nice guy' for a few hours if it helps their reputations. I've known enough bureaucrats to know that. All I'm saying is, don't blindly follow this stallion, if he wants to marry you he'll have to talk with me and your mother first."

"...I suppose that's reasonable. But you don't know him well enough to say those things. He is the nicest pony I've ever met. Well, not nice, but good. He's the most purely good pony I've ever met." Luna shook her head to clear her thoughts, and her Alicorn peacefulness overcame her doubts. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something else."

"The thing that makes her insane."

"I want to cover the night sky with art."

Orbitus was actually caught off guard and nearly fell from his throne, but in seconds he had gotten back to the regal pose. "Um... I'm not sure how to respond to that... why do you want to?"

"...In the Doctor's world-" Celestia groaned. "-the night sky is filled with tiny lights, like fireworks are constantly going on, and they make different shapes and designs depending on which way it's viewed from, does this remind you of anything?" Celestia and Orbitus shared a look, then shook their heads no. "In the Doctor's world, my art is part of the nights sky naturally, the sky looks like my Alicorn mane!"

Orbitus brought a hoof to his forehead. "And you wonder why I think he's been manipulating you."

"No! It's true, the way his eyes looked when he was talking about it... He called them stars."

"The shapes?"

"No! In his world they call the tiny lights 'stars'."

"I want to bring the stars to our world, he said they were so beautiful, and when he saw my mane tears were brought to his eyes. He said that in his world there were an infinite number of suns so far away they look like sparks, and that every sun had it's own Earth, and every creature on every Earth all look out every night and see every other earth's suns and they all enjoy them together! Creatures from infinite worlds all enjoying one sight together. Isn't that beautiful? I'm trying to bring that to Equestria!"

Celestia blinked. What a strange world the Doctor came from... or made up. She looked up to her father, who was smiling a little bit. "Luna..." Celestia hoped he wouldn't chastise her sister too bad. "Creatures from infinite worlds all enjoying one sight together huh? And you want to bring that to Equestria... That's a fine dream." Celestia and Luna shared a look of surprise. "Have you heard about the war with the Changelings? And the Diamond Dog problem? What if you could bring us together with your art? I won't say that when the time comes I'll allow you to do this, after all, it effects everything, not just Equestria, in fact, it might even create problems for Equestria. But I'll let you work on it. What do you need? A spell?"

"I was thinking of attaching lights to the surface of the sky. Like giant, eternal lanterns."

"Dad, you can't be seriously thinking of this? You were saying how the Doctor is a threat to Equestria's future a minute ago! This is just indulging Luna's vanity!"

"No, this might be inspired by the Doctor, but I think that ends there, and it's not for vanity, you can't tell from the way your sister talked? It's about bringing creatures together, it's about beauty and harmony. How can you not support the reason, even if you don't understand the project?"

"Dad... I..." Celestia sighed. "I think I get it now."

"Good, Luna, tell me about anything you need."

Luna was smiling widely now. "Thank you Dad!"

She then flew off toward Starswirl's tower to see if he knew of anything that could help.

"So, Pinkie, how have you been doing these days?"

"Mmm... pretty good, the bakery's really picked up recently." the party mare gave a wide smile. "Ponyville's been getting more and more popular, hasn't it?"

"The real question is why it hasn't been this popular from the start... are there any easier routes to Canterlot from this direction? Isn't this one of the stops on the main railway there? This place should be bustling with people heading toward the mountains." The Doctor took out his Sonic Screwdriver. "There doesn't seem like anything wrong with the town though..."

Pinkie stopped stirring for a few seconds and considered. "I think the main reason is that the town's so close to the Everfree."

"... If you say so."

"What is the Everfree anyway, why do so many monsters live there?"

"Fluttershy would know better than me."

"...Probably... But you know why I don't like being there." Pinkie flicked some dough at the Doctor, which caught him fortunately right after he closed his eyes. "Gah! What was that for?"

"Sar hasn't done one bad thing ever since he came to Ponyville." Pinkie shook her head. "I don't know why you'd think Fluttershy's perfect helper could ever be a 'war machine'."

"He has a gun where his arm should be! He was programmed to feel nothing but satisfaction from killing!"

"That word again. Why won't you explain how that works?"

"You are a race of magical talking ponies, you having lasers and spears are bad enough."

The Doctor sighed. He had taken Pinkie on adventures again for a while, but nothing as big. He now refused to learn about anything in Luna's timeline, so if they were traveling they had to go way back in time. He had tried taking some other ponies for rides, Sunflower was his companion for a while, but nothing really clicked like him and Luna.

"Maybe I should go talk to Fluttershy and her pet devil." Pinkie tried to hit him with more dough, but he dodged it easily. It came back and hit him. "...how?"

"I really don't know, but isn't it great!?"

"Hey Fluttershy, mind if I talk to you for a while?"

"Oh! Sorry, you scared me, I wasn't really expecting visitors... but I don't really mind that much."

"Alright, thank you." The Doctor gave a short bow as he walked into Fluttershy's lawn. "So, where's the Dalek?"

"Sar has been the most wonderful helper Doctor, and he really does prefer being called by his full name or just 'Sar'."

"I know what it 'enjoys'... or at least pretends to." The Doctor scowled for a second before realizing he was in the presence of dozens of absurdly cute animals in a perfect garden. "Do you know anything about the history of the Everfree?"

"Oh, no... sorry, not really."

"Hm. It doesn't really matter, I could check it out on my own."

"Doctor." He whisked around to look at the polished blue armor of Dalek Sar. "How.... pleasant... of you to come by. Have you been bothering Commander Fluttershy?"

"Have I?" The Doctor asked.

"Oh, no... of course not, the Doctor was just asking if I knew anything about the Everfree Forest. I could name every type of animal there, but I don't really know much about the forest itself..."

"You will not bring Commander Fluttershy anywhere so dangerous! Do you understand Doctor?!"

"I wasn't going to bring her anywhere silly Dalek. I was just wondering."

"Wonder elsewhere!"

"You know, you and I are the only things from my universe in this dimension...unless you count the angels." He shivered visibly. "You should be more sociable."

"You are the most dangerous thing in the universe Doctor. I am here to protect Commander Fluttershy, the only reason I have not killed you for the sake of this universe's inhabitants is because I fear what would happen to me and the Commander and the universe if you had almost died, and then came back for revenge!"

"You know I'd never harm this world or it's people."

"Not purposefully."

"Hmph. Well, all I'm asking is for you to be more sociable. Maybe go on a trip with me sometime, talk about the old days when you were a member of a cult for a sociopathic evil genius race and I was a-"

"Renegade for a xenocidal mad genius race?"

"That's the word. Er, those. Well, sorry to not bother you Fluttershy, I'll be seeing you."

"G-goodbye." Fluttershy wasn't sure what to make of the conversation.

"Hello, my Honored Court. I would like to make a non-negotiable order for you all to carry out. In two days time I will personally take complete control of Equestria's weather."

"You're reorganizing the Pegasi?"

"Yes. In a way. I will actually be attempting to control Equestria's weather personally. Not through legions of Pegasi, I will be controlling every cloud in Equestria directly."

The court exploded into noise. Orbitus silenced them with a single pound of his hoof. "This is non-negotiable. If it is not successful, then the Pegasi will resume their normal work."

Orbitus got back up and the court was in chaos. There were calls of treason against each other, please for him to stop, or give their province special treatment. He ignored it. But then his advisor, who had remained silent the whole time, poked his side. "My Lord."

"Yes Starswirl?"

"Please don't do this. You won't be able to take it."

"I am the King, and this country has already began falling apart. It requires a new force to be put on it to hold it in place. I rescued this Kingdom from chaos when I took control of the sun and moon. I will save it again by taking control of the weather."

"And if it needs saving again, will you take all the farmer's jobs? All the gardeners?"

"If I have to."

"You're going to die if you do this Orbitus!"

"I am King Orbitus. King. If I cannot die saving my country, I cannot die."