• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 9,127 Views, 136 Comments

Shattered Pieces and a Shattered Dragon - uioui



A broken Hearted Spike. How will he find love again?

  • ...
32
 136
 9,127

Fun in Cloudsdale "part two" Fun at the gym

The first thing Pinkie could register when she woke up was the warmth. She never felt this comfortable so she snuggled closer. What she didn’t expect was a movement by her side. As she awakened further she finally noticed a claw wrapping her pink frame followed by a purple body. Then she remembered Spike’s actions last night and she blushed like a tomato. She did not dare move in fear of waking Spike and causing more embarrassment and shame. Luckily for her she felt the dragon stir and slowly got up.

Pinkie pretended to be asleep.
“Well I better make breakfast. Pinkie looks so cute when she is asleep.”

Spike thought he saw Pinkie’s cheeks go an even darker red. Thinking she was starting to get a fever Spike quickly put a blanket over Pinkie. Spike then went out the door and into the kitchen. Pinkie finally let out a sigh of relief just as the repercussions of the moment hit her.

“Did Spike really think I am cute?”

An hour went by and Pinkie finally walking into the kitchen. She could smell the greatest of aromas as it assaults her nose with incredible ecstasy. She then noticed a purple dragon wearing a pink apron. She giggled as Spike finally noticed her.
“I did not realize Spikey Wikey looked so cute in an apron. He is a king at cooking maybe or is it queen. In Equestria is there even a king or queen at a cook off?”

Spike just blushed again.

“Well come on Pinkie I made some beautiful crepes.”

Pinkie cheered and sat down at the table. Spike sat down next to her and they started to chow down. Pinkie then decided to start the conversation.

“So Spike why did you umm how I say it why did you hug me last night in bed?”

Spike turned even redder and Pinkie was sure she should not have asked that question.

“I don’t like it when my friends suffer and you seemed pretty cold last night.”

“Oh Spike.”

Pinkie got up went behind the dragon and gave him a hug. It wasn’t the killer hug that Pinkie was known for but a soft gentle hug. Spike was embarrassed but he quickly snapped out of it and gave in to the hug.

“Thanks Pinkie.”

“You are welcome Spike.”

Pinkie just gave a cheerful smile which Spike graciously returned.

“So Pinkie what are our plans for the day?”

“I Say we go to the Cloudsdale gym and play sports. They have badminton, hoof soccer, table tennis and swimming! Oh I must play some sports but do they allow dragons in? Must I dress Spike up as a pony? Will I have to bring our own sports equipment? Oh I must play more and more. When was the last time I went there? Last year or last month? Was it with Rainbow or Fluttershy?”

Pinkie just kept on rambling but Spike, being the good friend he is, listened more attentively.

“Well Pinkie if we must make time then I guess we go now.”

“You are right let me just put on my gym clothes.”

Spike did not have to wait 30 seconds as Pinkie dashed into a room and back out wearing a set of gym shorts and shirt.

Spike still wondered how Pinkie defied the laws of physics.

“Come on Spikey let us go!”

They then walked out the door and steered into the direction of the gym. The cheerful pair then engaged in cheerful chatter along the way.

“Hey Pinkie remember the time when we joined forces and created a cupcake of incredible flavour and happy feelings?”

“That was one of the funniest moments of my life. Luna and Celestia were practically kissing our feet to make more!”

“That awesome moment when the princesses loves your cooking.”

“Yeah. How about the next time someone has a wedding we join forces and create an ultimate cake of dough and sugar?”
Pinkie quickly had an image pass through her mind of her marriage between a certain gentle drake. She quickly wiped it out of her mind and drooped a little in sadness.

“Why not Pinkie, why not?”

Spike then noticed Pinkie frowning slightly.

“What’s wrong Pinkie?”

“Nothing Spike.”

“Come on Pinkie don’t you trust me?”

Pinkie nearly throw herself at Spike but composed herself. She made a decision.

“Ok I will tell you at the end of the vacation. How about that?”

Spike just grumbled.

“Fine.”

Not a moment later they had arrived at the gym. It was quite large. They soon entered and Spike paid the registration fee to the horror of Pinkie who wanted to pay. Spike quickly spoke that it was the job of the gentle colt (or dragon in this case) to pay for him and the lady.

“So what event do you want to play first Pinkie?”

“How about badminton?”

“Sounds fun lets go.”

They quickly grabbed some of the sports equipment. Spike grabbed a racket that was made for a unicorn as it could be gripped comfortably. Pinkie had a racket specially designed for an earth pony, it had a small cup at the end which the hoof could be entered and gripped on tightly with some string.

“Are you ready to get battered Spikey Wikey?”

“Oh I think it is the opposite my dear Pinkie, it is you who is going to be destroyed by the most awesome of awesome dragon!”

They both let out a laugh. Spike seeing Pinkie’s happy face actually felt something warm inside. He thought “Hmm she looks cuter than usual in that attire and with that smile. Wait what am I thinking?” Spike quickly shoved that thought out of his mind and focused on the game.

“Try to hit this Spike!”

Pinkie grabbed a nearby shuttlecock and chucked it in the air. She then jumped up and with one mighty swing of her hoof, she sent the ball flying. She obviously doesn’t know the rules of serving Spike thought. Out of pure reflex did Spike managed to return the shuttle. Pinkie slammed the projectile again and managed to send it flying. Spike was not able to rush at the shuttle in time and the pink pony had a point to herself.

“Haha looks like my Spikey Wikey can’t hold his own against the master of games!”

Pinkie sent a smug smile towards Spike. Spike felt a sudden flare of excitement fill his heart and his energy increased three fold.

“Oh that’s just the beginning Pinkie my dear.”

Spike then served the ball and when Pinkie sent it his way Spike them smashed it on Pinkie’s side of the field. Pinkie looked surprised then a face of determination and steely resolve formed on her normally cheerful pink face.

“Oh you want a challenge? Well big dragon I will give you a challenge!”

They started trading blows back and forth, back and forth, back and forth until they both had an even score with only one point till one side wins.

“Well this is it Spike! You ready?”

“Ready as ever my party partner!”

Pinkie then shot a smile towards Spike and quickly flicked her hoof and sent the shuttlecock flying towards Spike but he was ready. The dragon flapped his wings and made a quick boost to the air and slammed the ball with all his might. Pinkie zoomed through the court and managed to back slap it with her racquet. Spike had only one thought going through his head “Must hit that ball”. But just before he whacked the ball his eyes caught sight of Pinkie and her fur seemed to compact down with sweat her hair straightened with water and she looked like an angel.

Spike shook his head with the thought and replaced it with another. “What am I thinking?”

But before he could react the ball had landed in his court and the pink party pony had won. Pinkie started dancing around and cheered but suddenly brought out her party cannon. Spike noticed it and just groaned.

“Oh no.”

Spike and Pinkie were walking down the street covered in dirt and laughing their behinds off.

“ My my Pinkie you are such a lunatic sometimes.”

“I know but I am Ponyville’s lunatic.”

Spike chuckled at that.

“Sometimes I worry about that.”

“Yep. I still can’t believe we were kicked out of the gym for that little act I did.”

“And I didin’t even cause that much chaos!”

“Pinkie you broke a freakin wall. I am just glad that they didn’t call the cops!’

Pinkie just grinned and raised her hoof for a brohoof. Spike reluctantly slapped her hoof with his own hand and managed a smile. Pinkie then spoke up.

“But it was a lot of fun wasn’t it Spikey?”

“Yeah that was fun, in fact it was the most fun I had in years.”

Spike then clasped Pinkie’s hoof and spoke with a passionate voice.

“Thank you Pinkie for everything. Thank you for being my best friend.”

Pinkie for the first time in days started to tear up but she quickly wiped away her tears. She had an even brighter smile than ever and she hugged Spike. Spike was surprised but quickly gave in to the hug and embraced her lovingly. They then broke apart and started walking back.

“So Pinkie what do you want to do now?”

“ Why don’t we just go home and relax there Spike? I don’t care much anymore for going out.”

“Cool enough.”

They then walked home engaging in friendly chatter. As they arrived home they walked into the room.
Pinkie then grabbed a small box.

“Hey Spike want to play board games?”

“Sure thing Pinkie.”

As Pinkie and Spike played they got to know each other even more.

“Hehe remember that time you scared Twilight and she nearly destroyed the library with a magical burst?”

“Of course Pinks you nearly gave me a heart attack.”

Pinkie then moved another piece on her board game.

“Looks like I win the 50th game again Spikey Wikey!”

Spike groaned. He had not won a single game since they have started.

“Let’s have a break now Pinkie I will make you dinner.”

Pinkie suddenly jumped and yelled.

“OH CAN I HELP?! PLEASE LET ME HELP, LET ME HELP!”

“Sure why not?”

They both walked into the kitchen and put on aprons. Spike decided to cook a vegetable roast while Pinkie decided to make cupcakes. Spike slowly simmered the vegetables. While it was simmering he walked over to Pinkie and helped her knead the dough and placed the ingredients needed. He then cut an apple into two pieces and chucked one at Pinkie. Pinkie jumped and caught it with her mouth, she then bit into it and swallowed it.

“Thanks Spike!”

About an hour later they had finished cooking and were eating.

“Great Celestia you are a great cook Spike! These vegetables are cooked to perfection.”

“Stop selling yourself short Pinkie these cupcakes are divine.”

“Thanks Spike, that means a lot to me. You truly know how to cheer me up.”

Pinkies heart started beating and she got off her seat and walked over to Spike.

“Thanks Spike.”

She then kissed him on the cheek then grabbed her plate and walked into the kitchen. Spike was just stunned. He placed his fingers on the cheek Pinkie had kissed and turned redder and redder. He then slowly got up and grabbed his own plate and walked into the kitchen. He saw Pinkie and heard her singing. He realized Pinkie was singing laser light so he decided to sing along.

In the blink of an eye
I was falling from the sky
In the blur, you took my breath away
And my heart starts beating
And my lungs start breathing
And the voice in my head starts screaming
I'm alive!

Pinkie was feeling so free that she never noticed Spike until he suddenly sang too.

You're like a laserlight, burning down
Burning down, on me
You're like a laserlight, burning down
Burning down, on me

Spike grabbed the nearby radio and turned it to karaoke mode. Spike was hoping lazer light was on and he was relieved to hear the tune. He then sang the next part together with Pinkie.

You make me feel good,
You make me feel safe,
You make me feel like I could live another day
You make me feel good,
You make me feel safe,
You know I wouldn't have it any other way

He grabbed Pinkie by the hoof with one hand and grabbed her hips with the other. They started to dance while Pinkie sang the next part.

You and me, face to face
And there's so much I could say
On these words, and forever seem the silence
Can you hear, that box bre-brea-breaking
And the world starts sha-sha-shaking
They keep talking, talking, talking
But we're walking, walking, to the light
Tonight, tonight

Spike then twisted her around and hugged her tight and sang the next piece.

You're like a laserlight, burning down
Burning down, on me
You're like a laserlight, burning down
Burning down, on me

Pinkie twisted out of Spike’s grasp and sang.

You make me feel good,
You make me feel safe,
You make me feel like I could live another day
You make me feel good,
You make me feel safe,
You know I wouldn't have it any other way

Spike then once again dived into Pinkie and they grasped again while Spike Sang another piece.

Stop...please don't stop...I won't stop
We won't stop...
Stop...please don't stop...I won't stop
We won't stop...
Stop...please don't stop...I won't stop
We won't stop...
Spike and Pinkie finally let go and they sang the conclusion with unity.
In the blink of an eye
I was falling from the sky
In the blur, you took my breath away

They then collapsed on the ground laughing in euphoria and glee.

“My god Pinkie that was incredible.”

“Yeah I felt like we really owned it that time.”

Pinkie then stared at Spike and Spike stared back. Pinkie smiled and she got up with Spike.

“Well I will be going to bed now Spike thanks a lot.”

She then clambered up the stairs as she tried to get away from the blushing of her face.
Spike just stood there and he smiled. He once again felt that warm feeling in his heart but he took it with a smile.

“Could it be?”

A/N That was the next part. Sorry if it was a bit cheesy.