• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 9,127 Views, 136 Comments

Shattered Pieces and a Shattered Dragon - uioui



A broken Hearted Spike. How will he find love again?

  • ...
32
 136
 9,127

A Bakers Treat

Spike Flew Across the atmosphere with no focus on where he was going. He only had one thought on his mind. The thought that plagued his heart like a host of locusts savagely shredding fields into little tiny pieces.

“Did I do something wrong rarity? All my sacrifices, my tears, my blood, my sweat over the years and you threw it away on a stallion who courted you for one night.”

Spike droned on and on even though there was nobody to listen to his sad laments. His cries pierces the air like a hot knife through butter.

“Yet I still love you. I still remembered when I revealed my feelings for you and asked you to be my mare friend.”

If anyone could hear Spike they could literally sense his heart breaking into a million shattered fractions of the original.

“That was one of the happiest moments of my life.”

Spike had a flash back of a point in time exactly a year ago. That is what made this night so special to Spike. It was their anniversary. This stabbed another needle through Spike’s already broken love organ.

Flashback

Spike was running. He was a dragon on a mission. He finally had mustered the energy and the courage to reveal the inner workings of his heart to the beautiful white mare who resided in its very depths consuming him and making him star struck.

As he grew closer to the Carousel boutique however he felt his drive sapping away. As he arrived at the front door he had the shivers. He was suddenly filled with dread and worry over how his prized mare will respond. Will she just tell spike that they are only friends? Will Rarity kick him out of her house in a screaming fit and tell him to never return? Or will she laugh at him and tell all the other ponies in town making him a laughing stock? A million possibilities were racing through his mind but only one brought him comfort. The one chance that Rarity might return his feelings. He gave two hard knocks and a small knock. That was their code for recognizing each other. There in all her beauty was Rarity. What stunned spike the most however was she had no makeup.

“Oh it’s you Spike. Come on in and make yourself comfy while I make us some tea."

They all entered her home and sat down around a table while Rarity prepared some aromatic tea.

“So what brings you here?” Rarity quizzically asked quite curious.

“Well I brought you a gift.”

Spike lifted a small leather box which he obtained from a small sling bag he was carrying and bestowed it to his beloved fashionista.

“For me? My Spikey Wikey is such a gentle dragon.”

Spike’s Heart had fluttered like butterflies after hearing that remark. When Rarity opened it she was expecting something simple but what assaulted her eyes was a masterpiece. Inside was THE most gorgeous gold necklace. The gem at the center was a dazzling dark blue sapphire that appeared to shine like the sun. To say Rarity was flabbergasted was an incredible understatement.

“Spike is this for me? How in equestrian did you ever managed to afford it?

Spike just Smiled.

“I made this just for you. I gathered the gold from the nearby mountains and the sapphire I obtained from a pony I helped before. I spent three days creating it.

Rarity was touched. She grabbed Spike and gave him the most bone breaking hug. Spike was in pain but he could care less because his angel was with him. Spike decided it was now or never.

“Rarity I love you. I made this to show my love for you. You have captivated me since the first day I saw you. Your stunning personality, your soft lips and your vibrant smile. Will you be my mare friend?”

Rarity started to tear up but she composed herself. She appreciated and loved her Spikey Wikey so much. Spike was nervous though. He thought he was rejected. Just before he left Rarity slammed her lips onto Spike’s lips. After the kiss Spike fainted. Rarity just smiled.

End of Flashback

Spike suddenly felt hot wet marks streaking across his face and realized he was crying. It had been so long since he had shed tears. The last time was when he was still a baby dragon and thought the gang hated him because he was never invited to any of the mane six’s crazy antics. Twilight had quickly lifted those fears of his shoulders and had him join the group more often. He was now so close to the others that ponies often mistook him for an element of harmony. The group was now often considered the mane 7. He was closest to Twilight but that’s because she is his sister. Friend wise he was closest to Pinkie who grew an even larger soft spot for the dragon than she normally did. Ironically enough he did become an element bearer later in his life but that’s another story for another time.

Spike was knocked out of his thoughts when he suddenly touched ground and slammed into a door. He was at sugar cube corner. He decided that a bite to eat might calm him down and he entered and took a seat. Spike quickly leapt of his chair when Pinkie yelled in his ear.

“SPIKEY WIKEY!!!!”

“Pinkie don’t do that. You scared the living daylights out of me.”

“It’s okay Pinkie is here to cram the daylights back in you. Wait I thought it’s night time shouldn’t I slam the nightlights into you? Maybe I should cram a combination of both into you.”

“Very funny Pinkie”

“So what are you doing here? It’s a bit light shouldn’t a dragon be getting some shuteye just in case another party is around the corner?”

“Pinkie I’m not a baby anymore.”

“I know silly. I’m just pushing your buttons. Wait does a dragon have buttons? Are you a doll is a dragon a doll? Maybe, maybe not.

Spike just chuckled. He was feeling a little bit better already.

“Well I guess I should tell you the truth after all you are my best friend.”

Pinkie cheered and clapped

“It all started a while ago.”

Spike recounted the very night and told Pinkie of his emotions and his hurt. At the end of this session of storytelling he was crying a river. Pinkie just gave an understanding smile, hugged spike and went to the back room. She returned a minute later with a tray of cupcakes, doughnuts and two mugs of hot cold chocolate.

“ Aww poor Spike. I know just how to cheer you right up. Come on lets dig in!”

They quickly chowed down and Spike had quickly settled down. After about an hour Spike had quickly forgotten about Rarity. It was just him and Pinkie. Two friends in a bakery sharing sweet treats and stories. They shared smile after smile and laugh after laugh.

“Hey remember that one time Rainbow tried to pull a prank on us and it backfired?”

“Yeah her hair turned black for a week. She was completely hysterical but.”

The pair quickly released another round of laughter. Spike’s sides ached but he couldn’t care less because he was with Pinkie and that’s all that mattered. For all he cared Rarity was a figment of the past.


“I guess you were right Pinkie. Laughter really is the best medicine.”

“Correcto Monto Spiko. I got a great idea for tomorrow for you to get a break from this love affair and relax. How about we go to cloudsdale and meet up with some friendly acquaintances? I have a way to get there but it’s a secret!”

“Okie Dokey Lokie.” Spike had quickly impersonated Pinkie.

Both of the friends quickly burst into laughter and gave each other a hug.

“Well I better get going Pinkie as Twi would probably be mad at me.”

“Ok Spike. See you tomorrow. Don’t forget to bring your smile.”

Spike flashed the biggest smile and left the bakery.

As spike left however, he regained his sad stupor as his caring doctor was no longer there to make him smile and laugh.

Pinkie gave a smile to Spike but it quickly dropped when Spike was out. She gave a sigh and her mane sagged. She grew silent and sad. She always knew Spike loved Rarity and Rarity would one day break his heart but the thing was she fell in love with Spike. She knew she probably couldn’t make Spike love her. She could only be the friend egging him on to greatness. One day she would probably spill her heart to him and that would be disastrous. But for the meantime she would just be what she is now a great friend. She would make him happy again and tomorrow she would take him to coudsdale and let him meet all here friends there.

She would be the mare beside the dragon. She would be his side kick and at the moment that’s what matters. She is going to make Spike happy. After all if you truly love something you should let it free.

“Why not me Spike?”


Authors note: Well That chapters done give me some criticism I need it