• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 479 Views, 0 Comments

What to Choose - FALG



I have to make a decision...

  • ...
3
 0
 479

More doubts

The next day:

Octavia was right, I had to make up my mind, for real, and I couldn't just pay attention to what a friend told me, that wasn't right.

Since I already told Twilight that I didn't feel anything for her, there was nothing more to say. So I went to her room in the castle, to talk like nothing happened.

"Hey there." I greeted.

"Oh, hi..." she greeted back, a little depressed.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really, I still can't get over your rejection."

"I'm sorry."

"No no, it's fine, you are right, you're with Fluttershy, I had no right to confess myself to you." she said.

"If it makes you feel a little better, my relationship with Fluttershy is in stanby for as long as I'm here."

"But you promised you'd come back to her, how it will make me feel better?"

"How do you know that? I never told you."

"Because Fluttershy did. Before I left Ponyville."

"Oh."

"You don't care." Twilight suddenly said.

"What?" I asked.

"You don't care what you tell to Fluttershy." she defied.

"What are you talking about?"

"What I'm talking about? Do you really dare to ask me what I'm talking about, after yesterday?!"

"Did she see me with Octavia? But when?" I thought.

"I don't believe it."

"Hey, is it because of the mare I was with yesterday?" I asked.

"Well duh! I wouldn't have said that for just you saying no to me!"

"Okay, easy, she's an ex-marefriend of mine, I am over her, and that's it." I explained.

"Are you telling me the truth?"

"Of course, I only had a chat with her in that restaurant, nothing else."
She kept silent, incredulous:

"But I only saw you with her jumping roofs at night."

"Oh great." I thought after the mistake I made.

"I thought this was bad! But now..." she started.

"Twilight listen to me! That mare means a lot to me, I didn't hear anything from her for a long time. Believe me when I say, she's one of my deepest friends. But nothing else."
She looked away.

"What happened last night, with me and her, didn't go any further than jumping roofs." I reassured

"How can I believe that? When I saw you both stop on that ledge, I looked away, afraid of what you were going to do."
I couldn't believe myself, why was I explaining everything to Twilight? She had no right to question me, as much of a friend she was to Fluttershy.

"You don't believe me? Fine, let's leave it that way." I said angrily, and left the room.


"What a way to leave good impressions." Plaid pointed when I returned home.

"And now she'll tell Fluttershy." I said.

"Why don't you write her and say it was all a misunderstanding? Just to fix up things a little."

"Even if I did, Fluttershy wouldn't believe me. She knows Twilight for more than a year, and I appeared in her life later than that. It's the word of a best friend against mine."

"But you are her coltfriend..."

"My relationship is in standby with her, and plus, everypony knows that friends come before relationships."

"Who decided so?"

"I could explain you, but you wouldn't understand, you don't have that kind of friendship. So we'll leave it at that."

"Whatever."

I went to my room and collapsed on my bed.

"Why do I believe it's getting harder for me to come back with Fluttershy?" I whispered to myself.

"I'll tell you why, because you haven't decided what to do yet." my inner self told me.

"But I did decide!"

"Without fully making up your mind, and that Twilight made you doubt again didn't she?"

"Yes. Ugh, why I'm so weak about love?"

"Because you never achieved a relationship worth calling 'true love'."

"But what about Octavia?"

"Okay... besides Octavia, you never achieved a relationship worth calling 'true love'."

"That's better."

"So what now?"

"I don't know, looks like my plan to forget about Fluttershy and anything related to love for a while, didn't work out."


This was just sad, more than sad, pathetic! There is no way I can come up right after all this event.

If I could turn back time, I'd go back to the battle of Ponyville and prevent that unicorn from killing my dad. But that was impossible, no matter how I wished it.

We finally found a will in the house, and after a bunch of paperwork, my brother and I were the owners of the house in Canterlot, and everything within it. We also found a secret chest full of bits our father had just in case, it was double as big as ours. It had enough money to pay the bills of the house for the next few years.

"When did dad get all that money?" I asked Plaid.

"Maybe during his time as Captain? Seriously, do some retrospective every now and then Flare." he answered.

"Okay okay, don't answer if you're going to be like that."

The main goal was accomplished, we found the will. Now what?