• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 2,014 Views, 51 Comments

One by One - DreamWings



Scootaloo finds herself alone when murders begin around Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 51
 2,014

Muderer.

Murderer

Now it's time to end all of this. Every bit of pain and misery everypony has suffered through will finish with my cause. The resistance-- oh yes, the resistance will love every minute of it, ha!

Admittedly it hasn't all gone quite to plan, there should have been some other ponies killed instead-- but I can no longer follow the stupid list; there's no time left. Better to get rid of the two things most important to this mare and then-- the police will have a field day. And as they investigate and try to crack the case I will recieve the highest honours a superior pony could ever give me. To be loved is nothing. To be loathed is horrendous. But to be a hero for my cause is the greatest honour-- and none of the ponies working alongside me shall ever know all I've done to help them and guide them.

Yes, I did it for them. I did it for the citizens of Ponyville. That's what my cause is all about, serving and protecting them from the vile villains which govern our land. Nopony can ever say I didn't try to assist; I've been at this far too long to just give up and leave without completing my mission. This needs to happen. It needs to be finished. The tale isn't set until the ending is nigh.Ha! Sounds vaguely poetic.

Tick, tock goes the clock until Scootaloo kills her best friends. Interesting. Better story than anypony else could come up with. So poetic that nopony could feel the same. And if this goes off without a hitch then I'll no longer have to fear anything that anypony says or does. I'll always know that I had been right in my actions. Nopony can tell me what to do-- not anymore. I'm in control-- I rule-- I'm never going to be afraid again.

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock,
goes the clickety clock.
Only two more hours to tell
'til the death of Bloom and Little Belle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scootaloo

Run, run. Always running. It's sickening. Still I wait for the night to come so I can be their death and destruction. They think they can just come here and try to ruin everything. Well, they can't. You hear me? You can't ruin any of this. I can hide in the Everfree, yes, but I'm still here. Right nearby you. Waiting to catch you like the rodents you are.

True I may have lost my job. That's good right? I never liked working there as it was-- only now I've got nothing. No cutie mark, no talent and no life. No life except your death. That's all I'm here for now. To get you once and for all. To pay you back for all the misery you've caused me. I hope you know how to run fast because you're going to have to be quick to escape my hooves upon your head. Still don't know what my weapon of choice will be-- something suitable for you. Something to match how high up you are now. Ha! I still remember when you were just a normal Ponyvillian-- now you're nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

The end comes nearer;
just around the corner.
'Til I catch you, and I smash you--
and break you into quarters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deputy Siren

Who'd have thought that this could be true. I can't tell Soft-shoe the truth; it would hurt him far too much. But somehow I feel like I have to protect my cause. My cause is important to me. There's nothing more for me to live to. I could pretend I didn't know all I do but how can I? Somepony would sense that something was wrong with me. It'd be too late. I'd be way too late to stop it.

Maybe that's a good thing? Would it help my cause? I feel so stuck right now. Stuck somewhere I don't want to be. Even writing silly rhymes to help my mind work doesn't seem to help my predicament. Somepony, give me the answer as to whether my cause is so important if it ruins so many ponies.

Nothing seems closer
than a Father and daughter
except a son
and his loving mum
who can be happy through fire and water.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deputy Soft-shoe

Everypony seems to be keeping secrets from me. Though I suppose that's only fair since I've been keeping secrets from them. It's just that death doesn't scare me as much as I'd pretended it did. Yes it was a shock to find the body-- but it was my own fault. I already knew about the chance of finding it-- I was warned. Warned but not very good at listening to the warning. I suppose death may seem harsh but it's not like I hadn't witnessed it before.

The filly's Father at the jail only made me think back to the horrible times when I was a foal. When my Uncle-- did horrible things after my own Father's death. Ponies like him, my Uncle that is, deserve to die really I suppose. Didn't feel happy about it though. I wonder if ponies will ever realise that just because somepony kills another one doesn't mean they're not just trying to protect somepony else. My Mother needed protecting-- and me only a foal. I miss you every single day Aunt Ditzy. I'm sorry for what they did to you. Really sorry.

The system around here just wouldn't understand the truth. It couldn't understand the pain I'd felt... It was horrible. Oh Aunt Ditzy-- I still remember the night you sang to me. The night before the incident. You'll always be my favourite godmother. Promise. I will avenge you. Absolutely.

Dear little one.
My dear little foal.
Hold on to your happiness,
let it cling to your soul.

I will always be here,
to protect you in the night.
Hold on to the future;
I'll be there where it's bright.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Longshot

This is far more complicated than I'd first thought. So many obstacles have got in the way, and I've always got to be the sane one. I've always got to be the one to look forward to the cause for our police. Everything is far too busy for its own good.

Poor police. These murders are running us rugged. Everypony has to be ready; always alert; always working-- running. Two Deputy's have already suffered through trauma-- and it's not fair. The resistance will pay. Once and for all I will catch them. Even if I have to work past my retirement I will to get their ugly faces out of the world.

This just needs to end. It isn't fair on everypony, I know. Death-- pah-- it's stupid. Especially when you have no choice. Sound familiar? No choice to do what you please. No choice to be free. The end is coming-- I can feel it. And together we'll rid Equestria of the tyranny. Don't worry, we will.

The clock goes round like a pin-wheel;
spinning around like a record.
But the tune it plays is not true or real--
the musician/ the artist plays the wrong chord.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McFly

That same old bar in that same old place. Oh for a drinky-po. There's nothing better than a cold glass of strong ale-- with some 'whatever's' thrown in for good measure. I don't care what they are my good stallion, just top it up and let me swallow.

Seems like years since I've been here in this place. Yet I'm sure I recognize this place from before. Have I been to Ponyville in the past? Looks familiar. Pink elephants on parade over there-- that's new.

This case will soon be at a close and then I can finally realise my cause. The resistance will be brought to justice by the bravest and best pony in Equestrian history. The Princess is sure to love me then. Tonight it all goes down. Down, down, down like a record. Wait, that's not right, is it? Who cares, I'm in charge around here.

Evidence, schmevidence. I'll give you the clues-- so what if I made them up. Shows how creative I am. Another drink please. Ha! Funny snouts.

Oh, what do you do with the drunken filly?
What do you do with the drunken filly?
What do you do with the drunken filly?
Marry her in the morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statue

Got to hide. Got to be safe. This forest is safe; a bit spooky but better than being near that beast to destroy one of my statue friends in Canterlot. I still remember when he was freed to help save Equestria-- set free to live again. Then only to break his promise a few years later and be turned back into stone. He was an idiot when he did that. Not my problem. Definitely not. Just got to hide. Can't be frozen again; it was far too cold.

Maybe if I help the orange pony it won't hurt me. Or maybe more pain will come. Help! What do I do? Something's coming. Got to run.

Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me-- oh, well maybe you can.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple Bloom

Strange this note, but ah can't wait to see Scoots again. We had such good times when we were fillies at school. Ah wonder if she's found her cutie mark yet. It's strange she hasn't figured it out-- then again she barely ever used her scooter much before ah left. Shame really, she was good at it. Last ah heard she'd thrown it away. Had to sell it to pay for something Rainbow Dash needed-- needed money to buy a Wonderbolts uniform and for some reason didn't have enough. Poor Scoots. Dash must've paid her back by now though surely.

Everything's going to be fine-- just need to be with my friends again. Need to be sane.

The three of us fight the fight.
There is nothing that we fear.
We'll have to figure out what we do best,
'til our cutie marks are here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweetie Belle

Look at all of Rarity's stuff. Every single piece she worked on. She never even had the chance of finishing her latest collection. It's so unfair. She was my sister-- MY sister. Why would anypony want to hurt her? I couldn't help but think her ex-fiance could have been behind it. After all she had broke off the wedding at last minute-- but he doesn't even live around here anymore. He lives on the far edge of Equestria-- a long way away from Ponyville. And he hasn't left his house.

Poor Spike.

It's lonely here. Maybe seeing Scoots will help me escape this nightmare I'm in. At least something's going to go back to normal-- at least I have one thing left.

We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders,
on a quest to find out who we are.
And we will never stop the journey,
not until we're together again.