• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 2,014 Views, 51 Comments

One by One - DreamWings



Scootaloo finds herself alone when murders begin around Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 51
 2,014

Nightmare.

Nightmare

And just like that Nightmare night comes around. A perfect time for a murderer to strike don't you think Twist? If you actually cared about me other than talking to me about YOUR problems I might just tell you what will happen tonight while everypony is giving their candy to 'Nightmare Moon'. But you won't will you? You won't listen to me or follow me in anything I say. You're much too caught up in the latset murder: The murder on the Friendship express.

That's all anypony can talk about at the moment. Everypony's forgotten about Mac, Cheerilee and the others. They don't matter anymore. No, we have to focus on burning body on the train that goes through Ponyville. She was on her way to Canterlot I believe, and then switching trains to get to Dodge Junction where she lived. I remember her telling me. She'd just been on a business trip to the land of the Griffons and was taking the scenic route back home.

She was used to travelling, but needed workers for her farm. She asked me whether I'd consider it; she was clearly desperate to ask a stranger to help her. I denied her any of my speech. I couldn't talk to anypony otherwise I might have given away some important information about what I happened to be doing on a train when I should've been at work. Thankfully my boss didn't reailse, he was far too busy dealing with a teary eyed Sunny. Seems I was right, Sunny is leaving her job now. I don't blame her but I do worry for her. She doesn't know where she is going to go; she only knows that she has to leave before things get even worse for her.

That means that soon it'll be my turn and I want to experience every bit of freedom before it does happen. Who knew that one simple train journey could lead to so much destruction? Well, I did I suppose, but still it seems odd. Murders can happen right under everyponies nose and nopony will even see it until it is announed to the public eye. Nightmare Night should bring out some interest to killers. There's no better time to strike then right now is there? I myself will be out tonight on a mission for my cause. I have my costume all planned and ready to go. Nopony will suspect me of my actions at all.

What are you dressing as little filly? You appear to be talking about it to your friends but you're being super secretive. Why won't you tell them what you're going to be? You might not know yet, but I highly doubt that. You seem to be a filly who thinks about everything you're doing days in advance. An attribute you may have learned from your family. I never used to be like that when I was younger; spontenuity was the only way I could work on my crusades. Structure is the first sign of a winner nowadays... It's the reason some villains will never be caught.

If you've worked so hard for something for months on end then you always want it to go perfectly. That's the way I feel about tonight. It's all down to me to do this, as usual. It should be easy if it all goes to plan. Very easy indeed. Unless somepony gets in my way, and then there may be major ramifications. I know which pony I've got to speak to; I've already arranged the meeting with her. Perfect. I will be waiting there for her arrival.

Have fun tonight prancing ponies because you won't be happy for long. Another kill will happen and then you'll be weeping into the tubs where your apples once where. It should be interesting to say the least. Bobbing for apples has always been a fun pastime in my view. There's something satisfying about almost drowning yourself just to get a mere morsel of fruit you can easily pick yourself off of a tree. I don't know why, but I like it a lot. It is and always has been my favourite game, even if my friends never agreed with my passion for it.

Twist is cooking sweets with Bon Bon for the festival type event. They should have fun with that. Hope it doesn't taste too bitter to them, like all of their words have been recently. Hopefully since Twist will be working on them soon she'll leave me alone in peace to go and bake her treats. That'll be heaven sent, her leaving me. I need to work further on my plan for it to succeed. This is going to be a perfect night for me and all of my comrades. If they even show up... Their nerves might get the best of them at last minute. I'll never bottle it, even if they do.

Tonight's the night. And then tomorrow I have to go to work..with him learing over me with his flaring nostrils and crinkly skin. It's going to be horrible. I wonder when he'll start his demands. It was a week before Sunny began to obey his orders to the letter. It'll take longer with me; I'm not that weak. But still, I need the job or I'm out on the streets with nowhere to go but a cardboard box. To avoid suspicion I have to keep working and acting more like an average pony. That's the only way I can get my rebellion to work. So I will have to do what he says eventually.

Nightmare Night's first though. I wonder what events will follow after this one. It should be interesting. I know I can't wait to find out how the idiot ponies feel about everything. I can see some of them standing around now, chatting about what they plan to do about everything. Nattering about how the police are 'close to solving the case'. They're not really any closer, the ponies are just praying aloud to themselves.

My costume has almost been completed. I'm ready to go. Everything's in place. My things are ready and everypony's waiting for me to make an entrance. I bet you can't wait..

Have a Happy Nightmare Night everypony... You'll need it.