• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 289 Views, 11 Comments

Solar: Hero of Canterlot City - Royal Pony Dude

  • ...
1
 11
 289

Chapter 1-Dusk and Dawn

It was a cool summer night in Canterlot as someone was parkouring through the city. Her hair was in a long ponytail with crystallized sun-like ribbon worn a crimson-yellow dress with golden shoulder pads, black pants, orange gauntlets, and orange boots with a red mask.

"Tell me there is something better, Yee-Haw! Go ahead. Try! How I Spent My Summer Vacation, by Sunset Shimmer. I can sum up the whole thing with one name. I am the Solar Eclipse." She announced herself while landing on a tower. "Only one thing is missing. It's my last night before school starts, and I could use some action."

Solar looked down and saw two bank robbers running away with all the loot.

"I ask and shall receive."

Meanwhile

"Make this jump, and a million bucks richer." High Rise said.

"This ain't a million-buck haul, not after the boss takes his cut," Bit replied.

"Shut up and jump," High Rise said as Bit jumped then he caught in a red glow magic. "Oh crap, not again!"

"Yep, again," Solar exclaimed. "What is this High Rise, the third time this month alone."

"Wait till I get hands on you, skinny little creep!" Bit shouted then Solar slammed him to the ground making him unconscious and then faced High Rise.

"Okay, High Rise, level with me, the new Solar Signal, is it too much?" Solar asked while she ducked from the bag that High Rise swung. "It's my first time trying it out, and I'm not sure it screams Friendly Sun."

Solar lifted the other bag of loot and struck High Rise from the back.

"Be honest, I mean a guy with a lot of experience getting butt-kicked by me, I value your opinion."

At an unknown location, two people were watching the event unfold.

"Is this live feed?" A man asked, then his flunkie nodded. "I have seen enough, bring in the Elites."

"Already on their way."

It was now bright and early in the City as Canterlot High School was about to begin another year. With previous students and some new ones walking in. One of those people was a young woman named Applejack, a farmer at Sweet Apple Acres, she hadn't changed much in appearance since graduation and still wore her classic brown hat but she seemed much wiser, being a young adult and all. At the moment she was currently scanning the crowd looking for her friends.

"Hey, AJ!" Someone called out.

The cowgirl turned around and smiled when she saw her Athletic friend, Rainbow Dash walk over. "Well, I'll be, Rainbow Dash, ain't you a sight for sore eyes," she remarked as she and Rainbow embraced.

"Man, it's good to see you again." Rainbow expressed. "How's the farm?"

"Doing great, now that Big Mac and I are working there full time," Applejack said.

"And what about your sister?" Rainbow inquired. "Staying out of trouble?"

"What do you think?" Applejack questioned with a raised brow.

Rainbow chuckled. "Yeah, I guess not," she said, amused.

"So, Rainbow, what have you been up to?" Applejack asked.

"Well, I've been trying to set up a soccer academy, you know give kids a fun thing to do after school," Rainbow said.

"Cool. That sounds like fun." Applejack

"Yeah… haven't a bit of trouble raising the money though." Rainbow shrugged.

"Just keep it up RD, you'll get there," Applejack assured her.

"Thanks," Rainbow said, sharing a smile with her

"APPLEJACK! DASHIE!" A loud voice yelled.

"Hey… that sounds like…" Rainbow began.

"Eeyup," Applejack confirmed before a certain pink-haired girl popped up near them and embraced them in a bone-crushing hug before lifting them...

"Ooh! It's so good to see you guys again!" she squealed.

"It's good to see you too Pink…" Applejack said, feeling the tightness of the hug.

"Yeah, really good…" Rainbow agreed before she finally released her and Applejack. They both rubbed their backs. "You know… I never thought I'd miss your hugs Pinkie."

Pinkie just smiled, happy to hear her friends' words.

"So Pink, what's new?" Applejack inquired.

"Ooh! I've been doing birthday parties for kids all over the place! One time, I even dressed up as a Pony that looked like me!" Pinkie beamed.

"That… is creepy," Rainbow remarked, slowly. Applejack nodded in agreement while Pinkie smiled.

"Yoo-hoo! Girls!" Somebody said, in a sing-song voice nearby.

They all turned and saw their beautiful and fashionably forward friend Rarity walking over to them, causing every male head in the room to turn to her, even the ones who already had girlfriends causing them to get smacked.

"Hey, Rarity!" Pinkie Pie waved.

"Rarity! I didn't know you were gonna be at the reunion." Applejack remarked.

"Well, the schedule at my new fashion school is hectic, but I wouldn't miss this for the world." Rarity said.

"Aw! That's so sweet!" Pinkie Pie gushed.

"You were expecting something else perhaps?" Rarity inquired, smiling.

"Not really, though I am expecting to get those new soccer uniforms I ordered." Rainbow pointed out, smiling. "And they better not be sparkly, ok?"

"You'll have them soon enough, I promise." Rarity assured her.

"So, Rarity, how's your fashion line?" Applejack inquired.

"Oh, going well." Rarity stated, slightly agitated. "But forget about it, I'm just glad to finally be back at Canterlot High after all this time!"

"Me too!" Pinkie Pie nodded. "But aren't we missing some of us?"

They all looked around and then someone softly cleared their voice to get their attention. They all turned and saw their shy friend, Fluttershy, standing right behind them.

"Uh… hi everybody…" The shy girl known as Fluttershy said.

"Fluttershy!" Pinkie cried, happily before she rushed over and gave her a bear hug and a lift into the air, also. "I can't believe it's you!"

"Uh… hi Pinkie…" Fluttershy said. "Could you… put me down now?"

"Ok!" Pinkie said before placing her back down. She smiled at her brightly while the others approached.

"It's good to see you again, Fluttershy." Applejack smiled.

"Yeah, how have you been?" Rainbow Dash asked, curiously.

"Oh… ok," Fluttershy said, shyly glancing at the floor.

"Ok? Come on, ya gotta tell us more than that," Rainbow told her.

"Yeah, come on girl, give us the deets!" Pinkie added, excited.

"But I don't have any deets, I'm deathless…" Fluttershy said, a bit intimidated by Pinkie's enthusiasm.

"Pinkie Pie, calm down, let Fluttershy calmly tell us what she's been doing all year." Rarity said.

"Oh… just doing more volunteer work… I'm even thinking about going to college to become a veterinarian like I originally planned." Fluttershy replied.

"A vet? Oh, wonderful darling! That's the perfect job for you, just like Sunset Shimmer said it would be!" Rarity told her.

"Yeah, it's practically your destiny or something." Applejack agreed, smiling.

"Thanks, girls." Fluttershy smiled, thankfully.

"Ok, let's see… there's Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Me, that leaves…" Pinkie began before someone suddenly spoke up nearby.

"Hey, guys."

They all turned and smiled when they saw her former enemy turned friend, Sunset Shimmer, who had now ceased wearing her leather jacket, approaching them with a smile.

"Sunset Shimmer, as I live and breathe," Applejack remarked, smiling. Sunset returned the smile as she and Applejack quickly embraced. "Good to see ya, sugarcube."

"Yeah, it's been a while." Rainbow agreed.

"How've you been?" Fluttershy inquired, shyly.

"Have you had fun?" Pinkie asked, interested.

"Yes, I had fun and it sure is good to be back together with you guys again after all this time." Sunset expressed.

"Likewise darling." Rarity agreed, smiling.

"So how have things been?" The former bully inquired.

"Oh, you know, same old," Applejack said. "I'm farming."

"I'm volunteering," Fluttershy added.

"I'm parting!" Pinkie chirped.

"I am designing the latest trend." Rarity said, proudly.

"And I'm starting my soccer academy!" Rainbow boasted. "Well… trying anyway. That reminds me that a certain guy is trying to help me find it that I need to talk with."

"Is it your boyfriend, Soarin?" Pinkie inquired.

"Pinkie!" Rainbow snapped, embarrassed. The girls all chuckled, amused.

"Well, I see you guys haven't changed." Sunset Shimmer remarked.

"Hey, why change perfection?" Rainbow pointed out, proudly.

"I have to agree with that, though with a different meaning of course." Rarity said.

"Yeah, we may have gotten older and wiser, but we're still the same and still friends," Applejack stated. The others nodded in agreement and smiled.

"Hey, do you think Twilight's gonna be here?" Sunset inquired.

"Doubt it, I hear she's in that fancy science college trying to get her degree," Applejack said.

Then just as she said those words they noticed the Human Version of Twilight, now no longer wearing her glasses or keeping her hair in a bun and wearing the clothes Princess Twilight usually wore when she came to their world, approaching them.

"Try being the operative word, I'll tell you," she expressed. Everybody smiled when they saw her and Sunset quickly hugged her.

"Twilight!" she smiled.

"Hey, Sunset! Oh boy, I've missed you." Twilight said, happily. She turned to the others. "And you as well, girls."

"Aw, thanks! We missed you too!" Pinkie said, still as bubbly as ever.

"I see you've been keeping up your appearance after all this time, darling." Rarity complimented.

"Thank you, Rarity." Twilight nodded. "Thought it looked nice, so why not wear it like the other me?"

"Good call. So how's getting your doctorate going?" Applejack asked, interested.

"Well, it's been hard but I've come up with a lot of good theories and I'm working on some pretty interesting stuff," Twilight said. "Don't worry, it's not techno sorcery, I promised I wouldn't make any more than a scanner and I haven't."

"Good, because you don't want to break a Pinkie Promise," Pinkie warned her.

"Really? Because I didn't get that after the hundreds of texts, the emails, and the hourly visits."

Twilight remarked, deadpan. "Which, by the way, I did not appreciate when I was in the shower."

"You did what!?" Rainbow asked Pinkie, shocked. The others looked at her, surprised also.

Pinkie smiled, sheepishly and chuckled. "Uh… Whoops?"

"Yeah… wasn't exactly the highlight of my day…" Twilight said. She turned to Sunset. "And what about you, Sunset? What are you doing these days? Last I heard you were looking for part-time work."

"Yeah, it's been kinda hard trying to find one," Sunset confessed, depressed.

"Well, don't worry, I'm sure you'll find the right job," Twilight assured her.

"I hope so…" Sunset said, she paused for a bit then spoke in a more upbeat tone. "By the way, how are you and Flash doing Twilight?"

"We're doing fine," Twilight admitted. "Sure he's always on tour but we talk to each other every minute between when he's not practicing or playing in front of a huge crowd, so it's not so bad."

"But what if…" Pinkie began before Rainbow nudged her hard.

"What if he cheats on me while he's away? Don't worry, I know that hasn't and never will happen." Human Twilight stated.

"How did you…" Applejack began.

"I did my research on long-distance relationships and the pitfalls that come with it, but thanks to

Applejack's advice and the books on lying I will always be able to determine whether Flash is lying to me or not, which he isn't." Twilight explained. The girls looked stunned.

"Yep, you are Twilight Sparkle all right," Applejack remarked, impressed.


At Mercer Corp Industries…

"This is an outrage. A complete outrage!" Wallace Stout shouted to his boss, Darrell Mercer, head of Mercer Crop Industries, along with his top scientist Sassy Saddles.

"I don't understand what the problem is?" Darrell asked. "Your invention of tech flight is flying off the shelves."

"The problem is that you stole my work, I should receive the credit in full, not you."

"That's dangerous talk. Dangerous and unsupportable. Listen, you old buzzard, when you came to work for me, the contract you signed had a fine print, and within that fine print said any tech you make belongs to me and besides it doesn't matter, people today would never believe an old man like you did anything today. Gentlemen, show Mr. Stout the way out."

Two of his bodyguards grabbed Wallace and proceeded to walk out.

"You will live to regret it, Mercer, count it."


"Just like you ask, boss. The Elites are all present and accounted for," Tiger Claw gathers Regina, Slick, and Tusk.

Thank you, Tiger Claw. Everyone, I get to the point. For a couple of months, someone has plagued our operations. At first, I could hardly get credit reports.

"Thought the boys were trying to stiff us. Had to be physical to make sure they were sincere."

Connecting patterns of the movement took the entire summer, but last night we had confirmation. The Solar Eclipse is real.

"And you want The Elites to round up this sun girl?" Regina asked.

No Regina, I want you to smash her.


Meanwhile at Canterlot High…

"Chapter 1 is due tomorrow, boys and girls," the girls' biology teacher Straight Facade said as the students left. "Miss Shimmer, Miss Sparkle, a moment please."

Everyone except Sunset and Twilight stayed.

"I'm wondering if either of you remembers a field trip we took last year to the laboratory of Dr. Midnight Colt at Everton University."

Sunset's hand started to feel numb because that field trip was the day she became her alter ego.

"Trust me. That's one trip I'll never forget," Sunset told him.

"Me neither, Dr. Colt's research was thrilling."

"I'm glad you feel that way because he offered two internships to two promising high schoolers, I recommend my best students. You'll start this afternoon."

"Thanks for letting us kill time at your place, Travis," Sunset said to him. "We're not due for another hour."

"I'm surprised you're not hanging out at the school newspaper," Twilight replied.

"Yeah, aren't you their best photographer?" Travis asked.

"Let someone else take pictures of Duke dancing on the gridiron, I did my time for them, I mean look around. All this belongs to your dad and he's a scientist."

Then suddenly they all heard Travis's dad scream being carried off by someone wearing a bird suit.

"What on earth was that?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know but it has my dad, what do we do?" Travis added.

"Call the cops! Do it, go! And Twilight stayed with him," Sunset said. "I'll join you shortly."

"Okay."

Both of them left Sunset alone.

"Alright, Sunset, this is your first supervillain and saving your best friend's dad. Focused."

Sunset dived off the balcony and quickly changed into her costume.

Meanwhile…

"Tell the truth, Mercer. Can your tech flight do this?"

"Stout?"

"Not Stout, I'm Raptor."

Raptor dropped Darrell allowing him to free fall then grabbed him again.

"Stout, stop. Why are you doing this?"

"A means to an end, Mercer. Something you all know all about. You will announce to the world that Wallace Stout is the mastermind behind tech flight. You will pay all that I am owed. And you will apologize for stealing my invention!"

"I never apologize, old man!"

"I may be old but I ain't patient, this is your drop!"

Raptor drops him. As he was falling, Solar Eclipse came by and grabbed him.

"Wow, you guys play hot potato hardcore," Solar said as she carried her.

"What is this?!" Raptor snapped then followed her. "These skies are mine!"

"Free county, beak boy," Solar shot back.

"What are you babbling about? Put me down!" Darrell barked.

"Dude, you are the bossiest damsel in distress I've ever rescued. Not to mention, the ugliest, heaviest, and the first."

"Who are you?"

"The name is Solar Eclipse."

"Solar Eclipse? I thought you were a myth?" Raptor asked as they turned around.

"I need a press agent," Solar said, then saw the police station where two cops were having coffee. "Special delivery!"

She drops Darrell in front of them just as Raptor swoops down on them but misses.

"What's going on?"

"Explanations inside! Now!"

As the cops took Darell inside, Solar went after Raptor.

"Look, beaks, I admire anyone who dresses like Halloween and better still, you can fly. So I have to ask. What's your beef with him?"

"This doesn't concern you, so butt out!" Raptor flew right by her.

"Whoa! Beaky, don't fly away mad."

"The name is Raptor!"

Much later at 's lab…

"Glad to hear that your dad is safe, Travis, talk to you later," Sunset finished his call with him as she and Twilight were walking.

"So, what happened?" Twilight asked.

"Mr. Mercer is doing fine apparently someone named Solar Eclipse saved him," Sunset explained as they walked in.

"Hey, you, two," Their old friend Brisk Storm.

"What's up Brisk," Sunset said as they fist-bumped each other.

"Nothing much, since I started working for the Colts as their personal lab assistant," Brisk said.

"I thought I would be more interested in sports?" Twilight asked.

"I wish, but the back said otherwise," Brisk said as showed them the lab.

"Well, do we have here?" Solar said seeing a newspaper ad. "Freelance photographer of Solar Eclipse wanted. Sweet, all I need is to get a photo of Solar in action which shouldn't be too hard since I am her."

Meanwhile, Darrell's limo arrived at his penthouse then his driver opened the door.

"All clear?" Darell asked as stepped outside.

"Mercer!" Raptor as he spotted him making Darell head back into the limo.

"Go! Go!" Darrell said as the limo took off.

"You won't escape me again!" Raptor chased after it.

"My thoughts exactly," Solar thought as she followed them unaware that the Elites were following her by chopper.

"Target sighted as last known location," Regina said. "Boys, time to smash the sun."

Raptor was in striking range of the limo until…

"Trick or treat bird brain!" Solar knocked him off balance. "I mean you're celebrating Halloween in September, right? Or am I not one to talk?"

Solar latched onto him holding him for life as Raptor tried to shake her off with the Elites right behind.

"This has to be the strangest gig Mr. X has given us. We're flying with the freaks now, boys," Regina exclaimed. "I have no clue what the big bird's about but I'm glad he's keeping our target busy. Target locked and fired."

Regina fired the chopper's net at Solar which formed a net around her and crashed atop a helipad.

"Slick, Tusk, you're up," Regina told Slick and Tusk then they headed down.

Tusk dropped behind then Slick kicked Solar into Tusk where he bearhugged her and Solar caught a whiff of his breath.

"Oh, dude, if you needed a breath mint, you just had to ask," Solar said before breaking free of his grip just as Slick pulled out a bo staff and lunged at her.

Solar fired several fire orbs at him, but Slick avoided them and then tried to strike but she dodged it then her head flashed as Tusk attacked from behind punching Solar to the ground.

"Talk about manpower," Solar groaned a bit before getting back up slowly backing away before a pulse blast hit her.

"Ah, ah, ah. Guys need a workout. Now no turning trail," Regina said from the chopper.

"Seriously, who are you guys?"

With Darell…

"I think we're safe," Darell said.

Then Raptor tore right through the top.

Meanwhile…

Slick lunged at her but missed Solar and fired a magic sphere right at him that knocked him out cold.

"Love to stick and fight but there is this Raptor guy I need to deal with so can we put this on hold..." Solar said before Tusk grabbed her and tightened his grip on her.

"Okay, you're strong, but I bet you can't do this!" Solar exclaimed as she let out a small blast of magic that scorched most of his body then Tusk collapsed. "Didn't think so!"

Solar jumped off the building and flew after Darrell's limo with Regina trailing her.

"Kid, you're making the Elites look bad, I can't have that," Regina said.

"You will apologize!" Raptor threatened.

"I won't!" Darrell shot back.

Then Solar hopped in and took a seat.

"Sweet ride, you have here," Solar said. "That sunroof comes standard."

Solar pushed Raptor out of there.

"Why do you defend that thief, Mercer?" Raptor as he slashes a part of her suit.

"Uncool, do you have any idea how much these things cost?!" Solar shouted.

Regina fired shots from the chopper at Solar forcing them to evade them.

"Never thought anyone would like this group of bozos. Only one thing for sure, I can't let my closest friends lose someone they care about," Solar said as got Raptor's back.

"Surf's up!" Solar exclaimed as Raptor tried to shake her.

"There! car park! Go! Go!" Darrell said as the limo headed into the car park far from Raptor's reach, Solar jumped off.

"No. This is all your fault," Raptor said as chased her then both he and Regina circled her.

"Two birds, one stone," Solar thought then headed straight down on Regina's chopper.

"Where did that varmint get to now?" Regina asked as Solar hung on the landing gear, but Raptor went lower and saw her.

"Did you think you could hide from me there?" Raptor asked.

Solar got onto Raptor's back and caused his left wing to jam the second helicopter's blades, which made the chopper fall.

"My wing, I can't steer!" Raptor shrieked.

"Yeah, but still, you're airborne, how is that working out?" Solar said then noticed the humming. "Oh, Beaky, Your hump's humming!"

Solar destroys the source that is on his back.

"You fool! You'll doom us both from this height!"

"You haven't been paying attention," Solar joked, then she used her magic to lower them safely to the ground.

At Sunset's house…

"Well, three of four is not bad, especially on bizarre bad guy night," Sunset said before lying in bed. "Time for some sleep, I have a math test tomorrow."

Author's Note:

AU Sunset Shimmer

AU Twilight Sparkle

AU Rarity

AU Applejack

AU Rainbow Dash

AU Pinkie Pie

AU Fluttershy