• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 291 Views, 11 Comments

Solar: Hero of Canterlot City - Royal Pony Dude

  • ...
1
 11
 291

Chapter 3-Snakebit

It was a late night in the city when a group of bank robbers were outside Sugarcube Corner.

"All right. Grab all the cash from the register and safe but no grabbing the sweets, is my auntie," The lead thug said as all three of them covered their eyes from Solar Eclipse's Solar Signal had shined on them.

"So you'll the rob the piggy bank but won't touch the cookies? Wow. Nephew of the year from the twisted division," Solar joked.

"Solar! Get her!"

Then two thugs tried to hit but she avoided them.

"Really, get her, you guys really need some fresh material," Solar complained then use her magic to trap them in a bubble. "Lack of creativity."

She heard police sirens and left. The next morning at Canterlot High as students were exiting after a long day, we see Duke up to his usual tricks as he and Lanker were prepping water balloons.

"There's Pinkie," Lanker as she was being herself.

"Perfect. This will teach Sunset and her dork friends not to mess with us," Duke smirked as threw the first one but only miss her because Pinkie ducked from it.

"Dude, you missed."

"Dumb luck," Duke scoffed.

However, his second one wasn't lucky as he hit Rainbow Dash who was not pleased.

"Okay, who did that?" Rainbow exclaimed then look up to see Duke and Lanny with water balloons. "Really, Duke? Water Balloons, what are you, five?"

"Fat chance, Crash. It's supposed to remind you and the rest not to mess with us," Duke said.

"How were messing with you? Mr. Facade assigned Sunset with Dan to be his tutor so that his grades would improve. And teaching us a lesson you need to work on your aim!"

"Why you… take this!" Duke threw another water balloon, but it went over her head and hit Vice Principal Luna.

"Mr. Van Dyne!" The VP shouted as she was getting tired to deal with his antics.

"Crap!" Duke gulped.

After school, Twilight and Sunset walked down to Everton to the Colt's laboratory.

"So, Sunset how it's going with the Solar Eclipse photo grab?" Twilight asked.

"Not well," Sunset replied. "I just got a few good photos of her stopping the crooks from Sugarcube Corner and went to upload them to my computer, the window caught the flash, meaning I had to scrap them but I'm not giving up."

"Not to sound rude, but the Canterlot Weekly has given her a bad rep following her encounter with supervillains, Shinning's glad that she is on their side."

"No, kidding," Sunset scoffed. "Along she's doing good, She's okay in my book,"

The girls made it to the lab and open the door and see Brisk sweeping.

"About time! The Colts are due to be back any minute," Brisk said then toss Sunset the broom.

"Save it for later, kids," Midnight Colt said as he, Stardust, and Steel came back with the good doctor with cake. "First we celebrate!"

"What's the occasion for?" Brisk asked then look to see that Midnight didn't have his robot arm. "Holy moly!"

"Doc this is huge! Your lizard formula is the cure for lost limbs and amputations in the world!" Brisk exclaimed when Midnight told about the lizard formula's success. "We're talking Nobel Prize!"

"At the expense that my husband was the guinea pig," Stardust said as she hugged his back and then felt something. "Uh. Steel, Brisk just installed Space Knights II on the office computer."

"Awesome," Steel chirped then he went into the office.

"If you're gonna crank the volume close the door, please," Stardust requested then the door close. Take off your shirt, dear."

Doing as he was told Midnight took his lab coat and shirt then everyone gasped that his back was growing lizard scales.

"Lizard DNA is more primitive than human. And the reptilian part of your brain is growing," Stardust looked at the readings.

"It's growing. I'm regressing. I can feel the change," Midnight said then groan in pain.

"Midnight, please you need to keep a clear mind,"

"No, you need to hurry. I'm losing control."

"Darn, the formula creates new reptile sequences faster than I can ID them. I don't know how we'll knock'em down," Brisk wondered.

"Wait a minute, Briksy. What if we work from the other end?" Sunset suggested. "Create a human filter that knocks out the lizard code? Like a noise filter on a cell phone," Sunset suggested.

"I seriously doubt that can work.."

"No wait, it could work. A gene cleanser," Stardust exclaimed.

"Yes, I should see it before. My notes have all the data," Midnight added.

"So it'll remove any non-human DNA," Twilight wondered.

It can even remove magic Sunset thoughted then Midnight shrieked as he mutated into a full-on lizard giving the name Crawler then headed out of the lab.

"Is everyone okay?" Brisk asked.

"Yeah, I think so," Sunset said.

"Good, Sunset and I will follow the doc and call in with a location. Finish the cleanser," Brisk went after him.

"Sunset, please be careful," Twilight said.

"I will be," Sunset told her and follow Brisk.

"First, Plasma, and now this," Stardust solemnly said.

With Sunset instead of following Brisk, she went to an alleyway and put on her costume. As Solar, she'd parkour the city looking for Midnight.

"Now if I was a 6'5'' lizard, where would I hide?" Solar asked then she look to see the people running from the subway. "Of course, underground."

In the subway, Brisk was trying to track down Midnight.

"Don't panic, just head for the exit," He said.

Just as Crawler was about to eat someone, Solar pushed him out of the way.

"Sorry, no eating in the subway," Solar said as Crawler threw some debris at her making her dodge it.

Then she used her magic to hurl it somewhere else then trapped the beast in a bubble.

"Dr. Midnight, we have to get you back to the lab, understand?"

Crawler popped it and tackled Solar to the wall to which she caught his breath.

"Sweet Celestia, that's what a call bad breath," Solar exclaimed.

Crawler grabbed her by the leg and tossed her over the subway train.

"Okay, this is going to hurt me more than it's going to hurt you."

Crawler kicked her right in the chest which caused her to fall on a steel bar making her wince in pain.

"Yeah, definitely hurts me more than you."

Then Crawler slam his tail on her hand then quickly avoided the rail.

"Talk about a close one," Solar as she readjusts her hand just as Crawler got a riding subway with Brisk following it. "So much for Plan A."

Back at the lab…

"We're done?" Twilight asked as Starsut finished the gene cleanser.

"I think so. It all squares with Midnight's research. Of course, there's only one way to test it. And since his hide is thick, we'll find a way to make him drink it."

"Maybe by asking for help from a girl in a sun-themed suit," Solar cooly said as she had her back against the wall.

"Solar Eclipse!"

"I get that reaction a lot."

"How did you know we needed you?"

"I had run in with a human-like lizard in the subway," Solar said then the phone rang.

"Hello?" Stardust answered.

It's me, Brisk. He's at the Canterlot Zoo.

"Tell your friend to stay clear of Crawler," Solar used her magic and carried the cleanser, and teleported herself out of there. "On my way."

Was that…

"Our local hero."

At the Canterlot Zoo, Brisk followed Crawler to the reptile area then slowly back due to a slithering snake then gasp when Solar appeared right behind her.

"I get that reaction, too," Solar said.

"I think he's in there with the other creepy crawlies, must've smelled them or something."

"Good. Stay put," Solar turned invisible and walked in. "Whoa, this place is like a sauna in here. And me without my beach wear."

Solar jumped toward the lakeside before getting ambushed by Crawler who came from behind and tried to drown her but immediately let her go to deal with a gator. Solar floated all the way up then Brisk dragged her ashore, waking her up.

"Didn't I tell you, to stay put?" Solar said.

"You're complaining?"

"Not at all... guy. Look we need a new strategy. He's not in the medical mood. Not when he's so enjoying his playdate in the heated pool," Solar said then realized something then both she and Brisk headed to the Artic Area.

"Wait a minute, the fake swap was heated. But dunk a cold-blooded reptile in freezing water, he'll start to get slow."

"Right. Slow enough for someone to force the gene cleanser down his throat. But first, we need to get him here, with lizard bait."

"Don't even think about…'

"My choice! Just try and stop me!" Brisk offered to be bait.

"I'm impressed, Brisky," Solar sighed before leaping down.

"Okay. prep time. First, make sure the polar bears don't take a midnight dive," Solar placed a barrier at their entrance.

"Next, find the perfect spot to ambush Crawler into the drink."

Meanwhile, Brisk was running as fast as he can from Crawler who was right behind him.

"Time for the element surprise."

Solar came from behind to give the gene cleanser unfortunately Crawler reacted in time to use his tail on her. Before he could do anything Solar grabbed his tail and tossed him into the pool then hurled three boulders at him unable to react because cold air in the Polar Bear area which made him fall down then Solar got on top of him.

"Time for you to take your medicine," Solar forces the cleanser down his throat that caused him to return to normal and faint due to exhaustion.

"Welcome back, doc," Solar smiled.