• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 289 Views, 11 Comments

Solar: Hero of Canterlot City - Royal Pony Dude

  • ...
1
 11
 289

Chapter 16-Battlelines Part 1: The Six Strike Back

At Kyle's Bullseye, Solar was there talking to someone.

"Now, I know what you're thinking. 'It's almost Christmas. Even Solar must have a tree to trim, gifts to wrap.' But first I gotta wrap up a little mystery. Even though I busted Cavalier, all the tech he stole is still missing. And every lowlife I meet says that 'Black Ace is the guy to talk to.' So talk Ace," Solar glared at him.

"Who are you kidding? What will the hero do if I shut up?" Black Ace asked, calling her bluff.

"Hey, Ace, can you give 2-1 odds- Uh, Solar?" A man came in and saw her then quickly left. "Bye."

Then she smirks at Black Ace upon the man's departure.

"Alright, there's been a rumor that Cavalier is running for some big boss, the guy's hiring from cons to crooks, even the builders but everyone has sworn secrecy, that's all the knowledge I got for," Black Ace explained as a young woman sneaks out which Solar took notice.

"Thanks, I owe you an eggnog," Solar left out.

Outside…

"That was a close one," She said as Solar tapped her shoulder making her turn around to see her.

"Hi, there, I'm Solar. And you are."

"Uh, Windblower ," She stammered.

"Okay, Windblower, I know you overheard my conversation with Black Ace, so do you have any information about my problem?"

"Not much, but I have a name for Cavalier's boss."

"I can work with that."

"They called him Mastermind, but that's all I know."

What both of them didn't realize was that a drone was above and given a live video feed to a base that Mechanic had listened to call his boss.

Yes, Mechanic?

"Solar's closing in, she knows who paid Cavalier to steal the tech."

Round up the usual suspects and destroy her.

A worker handed Mechanic files on Plasma, Raptor, Iron Bull, Sandstorm, Hunter, Cavalier, and Madame Mayhem.

Much later, Raptor, Iron Bull, Sandstorm, and Cavalier arrived as Mechanic came in with Plasma and Hunter.

"Most of you have met, but Plasma and Hunter, this Iron Bull, Raptor, Sandstorm, and Cavalier," He introduced everyone as Sandstorm gave a stern look to Hunter.

"Is there a problem?" Hunter asked.

"Allergic to cats," Sandstorm said.

"Everyone, allow me to introduce our gracious host, The Mastermind."

Mechanic informed me that Madame Mayhem declined my invitation. This is disappointing. I was hoping to inaugurate the Deadly Seven.

"Don't we have seven?" Iron Bull asked. "What about him?"

"Only tech support, trust me he is useless in a fight," Cavalier said.

No matter, a new Deadly Six will suffice.

"Suffice for what, exactly?" Raptor raised an eyebrow.

To help me bring forth the age of the super criminal. This is your time my colorful friends. Once you dispose of a certain red and yellow-clad pest.

"Excuse me? How exactly is a new Deadly Six supposed to fare better than the old one?" Sandstorm asked.

With no surprise, I have a plan.

At the Canterlot Ice Rink, the people gazed in awe as the Christmas tree had lightened up. Raptor flew in looking for Solar from above.

"I don't see her."

Oh, she's here I can smell her.

Team one, deploy. That will lure the do-gooder into the open.

"Way ahead of you."

With Sunset, she grabbed herself a cup of hot cocoa then someone on accident bumped into her spilling and burning her tongue.

"Sweet Celestia, that's hot!" Sunset exclaimed.

Then all of a sudden a lightning bolt struck the rink and in a few seconds, Plasma showed.

"Oh, Solar, come out and play," Plasma said as everyone ran away screaming.

"And that's probably the least painful of the night," Sunset said before going to a secluded place and putting on her costume.

"Show yourself, you bright headed…"

"Now, now, watch the mouth. There are children present," Solar said.

"What?" Plasma asked before being blasted by Solar's fireball.

"I burn my tongue, okay?"

Plasma fires a bolt at her but Solar dodges it and then got blindsided Raptor who kicks her.

"Beaks? Is there a revolving door at the prison?" Solar asked, surprised by his appearance.

"What?" Raptor asked.

No bantering with villains until the tongues had time to heal. Raptor and Plasma are a pretty unlikely pair of two. Gotta figure out the entire Stupid Six.

Then Plasma scored a direct hit at Solar with a lightning blast.

"Hey R-man, you notice? The hero doesn't seem to focus on us."

"Why, you're right. It's almost like she expects more company," Raptor laughed as Solar got up.

Plasma blasted her but missed then Solar sweep kicked him to the ground.

Got to get the goons off the ice. "Hey, you two, let's play and follow the leader!"

"Let's not."

Raptor swooped down only to get barred by a couple of magic blasts by Solar.

Okay, if you can't lure them away. Gotta take them out so focused and make your play. Flyboy is very protective of that headset of his. Which means I can use his paranoia to pin in wings.

Solar threw a fireball at him but Raptor ducked.

"I said no!" Raptor said.

Solar used her magic on the ribbon tied Raptor with it and hung it on the tree.

"You know for an evil old nob, you make a good ornament," Solar joked.

"Don't worry, I got you."

Plasma fired a beam from his mouth.

"I'll be free in a…"

The blast zapped the tree and Raptor which made it go into flames.

"You blew up the Christmas tree? The Christmas tree? Harsh."

The tree started to fall with Raptor on it then Solar saved Pinkie Pie from it and landed on a building.

"Thanks, Solar. BTW, can I have an autograph?"

"Later," Solar said before Plasma blasted her, then Plasma chased after Solar.

"At least I got him off the ice. Now if I could just get him off the planet," Solar avoided the blasts then she founded a car repair shop with loads of tires.

"What do we have here?" Solar went in as Plasma did the same.

"You won't escape me that easily!"

Plasma continued to fire bolts then Solar tossed a tire at him but easily shot him down.

"That's your best shot? Feeble!"

"You know the old saying," Solar said as she hurled more tires as Plasma shot them down.

"Eventually you run out of tires, then I'll," Plasama as he foot got stuck in melted tires.

"Or what, take me out for a spin?"

Solar placed tires on him, then Plasma tried to free himself but the tires melted and completely trapped him.

"That coat or coating looks great on you, and non-conductive, fabulous," Solar said as she stretched her arms only to have her head flash. "You have to be kidding me…"

Solar got punched by a giant sand fist then slowly got back up.

"Hey, Sunshine, don't fade on us, now." Sandstorm appeared right in front of her. "Feathers and Sparky were only appetizers."

"Time for the main course," Iron Bull joined in and he and Sandstorm grinned at the hero.

"This is gonna hurt, " Solar gulped.

Both of them punch her and send her flying into a car.

"Ugh, does anyone have a number on that sleigh?" Solar asked, being dazed.

"Ain't she a clever girl? It's Christmas Eve, and she said sleigh, instead of saying truck," Sandstorm laughed.

"Too bad I'm more of a tank person."

Iron Bull charged at her but Solar slid across the ground and went underneath him.

"The thing about tanks? They don't corner well. And they're ugly," Solar said as Sandstorm grabbed her and two of them tossed Solar back and forth.

"Hey, Bit? This is kind of fun, me and you, right? Just like old times."

"Only now we're kicking her tail," Iron Bull's head slams her through a moving bus.

"Excuse me, coming through!" Solar rolled out of there and landed on her feet.

"Arms, check. Legs, check. Head, check. And my burnt tongue is better too. Christmas miracle," Solar said then immediately dodged a falling truck thrown by Iron Bull.

"A bug for a bug."

"Yeah, I got it, for you that was clever."

"Thanks."

Both Iron Bull and Sandstorm chased her to the docks and cornered her

"Come on, guys. Feliz Navidad, Happy Hanuka, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice. Can't we put our differences off for one night?" Solar asked her.

"Nope," Both said as Sandstorm punched her then Iron Bull placed his foot on her.

"When we're done with you, there won't be enough to stuff my stocking."

Iron Bull slammed her repeatedly on the ground.

"Hey, Bull, toss her over. I want to pull off that mask and see who she is before we end it."

Iron Bull tossed her but Solar leaped over him.

"Sorry, I'm a do not open until Christmas morning type of superhero.

Okay, being a punching bag is working ineffectively so go to Plan B.

She opened a fire hydrant and water came down on Sandstorm making him turn into a pile of sand. Then Iron Bull charged after but Solar grabbed a scuba tank and whacked him.

"That's all you got?!"

"Oh, I got more," Solar jumped to the frozen lake. "If you're beast enough to come and get it."

"I'll show you who's beast enough."

Iron Bull jumped to her but due to his heavy body, the ice started to crack around him.

"Here, you're going to need this," Solar tossed him the tank.

"I hate you, so much," Iron Bull glared as fell into the ice-cold lake, then Solar landed on the beach then got wrecked by Sandstorm, and tried to hammer her.

"Huh, he's getting slower, the cold air freezing the hydrant water saturates the silicates," Solar said. "Think fast, frosty!"

She hurled a large clump of snow at him, freezing in place.

"Four down, two to go," Solar panted. "All right, Discharge, Mayhem, show yourselves!"

"Solar!" Solar heard Madame Mayhem's voice as she and Discharge were on top of a building.

"I just had to say something. I've been fried, slash, battered, and frozen tonight, I'm overdue to join Rarity on a spa day." Solar before flying to them.

What she didn't know was that it was an illusion and then got sucker punched by Hunter.

"Not what I meant," Solar groaned as sees Hunter and also Cavalier riding a dragon.

Solar left and both of them followed after her.

"I'm beat and let's face it, without the help of the Symbiote, I never actually beat the Six myself. Oh, god I only hope it's six," Solar said as she sat near a Canterlot Weekly building. "Yikes. Lock the chimneys, folks."

Out of nowhere, Hunter tackled her and had his grip on her.

"No prey can escape me that easily. I track your smell of fear till the end of the earth."

"Tough talk, substitute moron. Guess the great hunter was scared of facing one on one this time."

"Law of the jungle. Pack wears the prey down so that the alpha male can strike."

Solar blinded him and then backed him into a wall but not before Cavalier's dragon slammed his tail on her sending her straight into the Canterlot Mall and crashing.

But it wasn't for long as Hunter followed to the mall as well as Solar looked at a perfume lady.

"Wow, great perfume. Mind if I try some?" Solar asked then she grabbed and hurled right at Hunter's face blocking his smell.

"Can you smell me now?"

Then in a puff of smoke, Cavalier appeared.

"A bit too soon to gloat, Solar?"

"You tell me, you're the expert of premature gloating."

"We shall see. Fledermäuse umgeben die Sonnenfinsternis und zerstören sie!"

Serval bats came from his cape and surrounded Solar then she blasted all of them with fire blasts just as Cavalier was on the second floor.

"Second floor. Toys, housewares, superhero defeats," Cavalier walked to the mall Santa.

Solar went after him but Hunter kicked in the chest.

"Hunter, no!" Cavalier shouted coming from the other side of the mall.

"If that's the real Cavalier, then the other one is a bot, a bot that is about to… oh crap!"

The Cavalier started to glow and Solar grabbed the mall workers out of there as the bot exploded and sent him flying across the room knocked out.

"Please tell me these guys are going on the naughty list?" Solar asked them before trapping Hunter in a bubble.

"Hey, Cavalier!" Solar called for him. "I'm using that stupid mask of yours as a doorstep."

"Not if you can't find me."

Cavalier made himself invisible then Solar rolled her eyes knowing it was a fake magic act.

"Really invisibility cloak? I'm not stupid."

Solar's eyes glowed red seeing Cavalier's body heat. She fired a magic blast at him which disabled the cloak as he was now visible then Solar grabbed him and ripped the mask off.

"Whoa there, easy there, hero," Cavalier said, then flinched when Solar pinched his face. "What was that for?"

"Making sure you weren't a bot."

"I'm not, I'm the real deal here."

"I know that Mastermind set this up. Who is he? And what's he doing with the tech you stole?"

"How should I know?"

"Don't play dumb with me, one touch of your head and I can see everything that you did, so I look into your head or tell me everything you know."

"Maybe the Mastermind has a master plan?"

Much later the police arrived hoping to bring in the villains but to their surprise all of them except for Cavalier had vanished.

"It doesn't make any sense, how do five of Canterlot's most wanted escape without a trace," Arctic Colt said.

"What should we do, detective," A cop asked.

"Stay on the lookout for them, they are still dangerous. At least Madame Mayhem decided to sit this one out."

With Solar, she was standing on top of Canterlot High being unmasked.

"I don't know who you are or what you're planning Mastermind. But I am coming for you."