• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 289 Views, 11 Comments

Solar: Hero of Canterlot City - Royal Pony Dude

  • ...
1
 11
 289

Chapter 4-Discharge and Deadly

A few nights after Solar cured Colt, Tiger Claw was at the warehouse because he suddenly got a tip of a mercenary suit was developed by Velacore Lab. that was en route to Canterlot City. As he was thinking to himself, the door opened up to reveal Regina.

"Here you go, TC," She showed him the suit was intact. "What's next?"

"What's next? Put on the suit. You still owe Mr. X, one Solar Eclispe," Tiger Claw told her.

The following morning, Sunset was a little dejected about what happened even though the news hadn't caught wind of the Midnight's mutation she still had to tell the Colts about leaving the internship since it make things complicated with her being Solar.

"I might have lost the internship, but at least I won the contest," Sunset smiled while looking at the Canterlot Weekly building. "Shame on me for not knowing that winning the contest also means becoming their freelance photographer."

"Forgive me Shimmer, I suddenly forgot about the whole contest thing," Platinum Writer, the head of The Canterlot Weekly said to her. "Here's the lowdown, the costume chick sells our papers. So I want another set of pics of her in action in my hands by the deadline. You got two hours."

"You can count on me," Sunset said as she walked out.

Much later…

"Whoo-oo!" Solar cheered while parkouring the city unaware someone was watching her.

"She's back. Set the plan in motion," He radioed High Rise and Bit who were robbing a bank.

The two headed out and into their truck where Solar overlook them and proceeded to follow them.

"Great, she's on us," High Rise said. "Okay, Bit take it slow now, if she loses us, no payday."

"Forget payday, I want payback," Bit said as led Solar to the Cantelot Dump.

As for her, she was on the roof.

"Two hours before the deadline. I can do that," Solar positioned her camera then came from behind and surprised them.

"High Rise? How many times do I have to take you down," Solar said as ducked a swing from High Rise's crowbar then she countered by kicking him in the chest. "And where's your charming partner Bit?"

Bit came at her from behind but Solar punched him and then kick off High Rise.

"Look we gotta stop meeting like this," Solar levitate High Rise and slam him into a car. "People are starting to talk. Mostly about what doofs you are."

Her head flashed as Solar got blasted by a shockwave then came a person who was dressed in yellow while wearing gauntlets on her arms walked towards her.

"I bet that came as a shock did ya, sunshine?" She said as she aimed her gauntlets at Solar. "Good. So will this."

She fired a shockwave from her gauntlets that force Solar to dodge it then avoided several shots from her.

"Hold still, girl, so I can put you out of your misery."

"How about you put me out of my mystery? Who are you?"

"Call me… how's about Discharge?" She called herself that before firing another electric blast at Solar who dodged it.

"How about your toast!"

Solar threw a fireball at her but it got dispersed the moment it made contact then got blasted by another shockwave.

"Either you got fewer brains than a donkey or this suit protects me from my own power," Discharge said before picking her up. "I guess clothes do make the better girl."

Discharge shock punch her all the to the other side, then duck out of the way of Bit who was driving a truck, and tried to ram her.

"Please tell me I got her?" Bit asked getting out of the truck then got blasted by Discharge.

"All you got was in my way. Now stay out, the grown-ups are talking," Discharge said.

Then Solar came from behind and held her.

"Don't be mad at Bit. He gets crabby without his nap."

Discharge vibrated her which made Solar lose her grip, then Solar sweep kicked her.

"Not bad. You make a living out of that."

"Thanks," Discharge replied then blasted her right into a trash chute. "But I already got a job and I love it."

She activated the compactor squishing the young hero inside of it.

"That should satisfy the boss. I need extraction. I got two guys with their paychecks waiting," Discharge said.

Hours later, the compactor was finished as the cube came out then the cube was exploded by Solar's fire blast.

"Talk about your tights," Solar groaned while cracking her back. "First, Raptor., then Plasma, now Discharge. Why do all the bad guys want to kill me."

The next morning at Canterlot High, Rainbow Dash, and Sunset was in gym class.

"So, Sunset, the fall formal coming up, got a date for the dance?" Rainbow asked.

"Sadly, no, I have been helping Dan with his studies," Sunset replied before getting hit on the head with a ball by Duke.

"How that's for aim, bacon head," Duke laughed.

"Lay off, Duke," Rainbow told him.

"Make me," Duke dare her.

"Okay, how about you have a race, first to the top wins unless you're afraid of losing to a girl," Rainbow smirked.

"Dang, Rainbow's calling you out," Comet Thunder said.

"You're on, Crash!"

Both of them were about to set up then when Duke smell something awful.

"Does anyone smells like tuna?" Duke asked.

Are you kidding me, I thought I wash this thing. Sunset thought to herself.

"Alright, what's going on?" Coach Brick came by. "Duke, if you casung trouble, I make sure you're running laps until the end of class."

"I'm not causing trouble," Duke said. "I'm just having a little friendly competition with Rainbow."

But of course, no one can scare Duke other than Coach Brick.

"Sunset? Are you wearing perfume?" Gabby asked her.

"Long story," Sunset told her. "Do you anyone who can replace a check?"

"Sunset, right?" A man walked towards her. "I'm Prism Mask, the chief editor, you're the photographer right?"

"That's me, by any chance you related to Comet Thunder?"

"Yeah, he's my son, you got to Canterlot High?"

"Yes sir."

"Good school? Look, Sunset, the fact you've twice gotten any usable pictures of Solar Eclispe is pretty amazing the photo could be a bit better. Got your camera?"

"Yeah, she's kind of hard to keep in focus," Sunset showed him.

"This won't cut it. If you want to be a Canterlot Weekly freelancer, you're going to need a better camera," He told her before Plantium Writer came by and grab the photos until he got one of Solar getting beaten by Discharge.

"This is perfect."

"Wouldn't you want a picture of her winning?"

"Show's what you know! The people are a hard market. They want to see the hero fail makes them feel good about themselves," then got a whiff of Sunset's costume. "Whoo! A little advice. Perfume doesn't cut it. Tomato juice. The only thing after taking pictures at a dump."

"That's odd, why's it locked?" Sunset wondered as the doors to the camera shop were locked. "They're not close for another hour? Unless…"

Near the store, High Rise and Bit were caring a box and loading it on a truck.

"I'm telling you, we gotta cash this fast. Once Tiger Claw spreads the word Solar's croaked, it'll open season for every crook in the city."

"I still can't believe I didn't crack her skull myself?" Bit said then smell something. "Something smells bad."

"Still," Solar exclaimed as came in the light before trapping the two in a bubble. "I wash this thing five times already!"

"You!"

"And now that you troglodytes have deduced that the rumors of my demise of somewhat exaggerated…" Solar said earring a dumbfound from the two crooks. "I'm not dead. Forget it. Let Discharge know I'm ready for a rematch."

Solar flew off, leaving the two trapped in the bubble.

"I really, really hate her!"

At Kyle's Bullseye, Regina was sitting in a booth enjoying herself until Tiger Claw joined her.

"Care to tell me why you're here?" Regina asked him.

"Mr. X is not satisfied, Regina," Tiger Claw answered.

"And why would that be?"

"He doesn't think you lived up to your responsibilities."

At the city square, Sunset was testing her new camera out until Rarity saw her.

"What bring you here?" Sunset asked.

"Just enjoying the sights. You?"

Before Sunset can even ask, the ground started to shake.

"What was that?"

"I don't know," Sunset said. "I needed to do something, catch you later."

As she was running, Sunset quickly got in her costume.

"That was no tremor, it Discharge's trail of breadcrumbs for me, and I think I know where to find her gingerbread house. The Crimson Theather."

Much Later, Solar arrived at the rundown theater.

"Okay, I'm here, Zappy," Solar said without knowing that Discharge was right behind her and blasted across the theater.

"I really thought I ended you, lass. But you have more lives than a cat. Still, we remedy that situation," Discharge said before firing a shockwave at her that send Solar all way into a wall and Discharge got closer.

"One more at close range should do it."

She fire another shockwave at Solar, who dodged it at the second. Solar used her magic to hurl some of the debris at her but Discharge shot them down then Discharge fired at her but each was missed.

"I admire your spunk, kiddo. Not enough to let you go of course. That would be bad for business."

Discharge fired a shockwave but this Solar block with her shield.

"Whose business?" Solar asked.

"Can't tell you the who."

"Then tell me why. What did I ever do to you that made you want to kill me?"

"It ain't nothing personal, hoss. The simple truth is if your woman, you must honor your responsibilities and you're one of mine."

Solar quickly fires a magic sphere at her face making her blind for a bit.

"Well, this place is condemned," Solar thought of an idea. "So nobody would mind the damage."

Then Solar dropped the curtain on her bust Discharge took it off.

"You know it really ain't the wise idea to make a dangerous person look foolish," Discharge said then blasted her but missed.

"You don't need my help for it. Looking at a mirror lately. And talk incompetent, you more shots than High Rise and Bit. And done about as well.

"Those two are punks. This is my profession.

"Wait, you actually do this for a living? With that accent, I was thinking rodeo clown."

"Don't you mock me, child!"

"I mock. I'm a mocker. And also a yanker!"

Solar used her magic and managed to bring the entire theater down on Discharge which was caught in it.

"All that's what they call bringing the house down," Solar bowed to herself.

At Mercer's penthouse…

"Sorry for the interruption," Darell said to Tiger Claw. "I had a talk with my son."

"Ah, kids today. What are you gonna do? New topic. Solar Eclipse. We want her gone. You care?"

"Not my business."

"Yet the hero save your hide."

"I have nothing to do with Solar. I wouldn't have risked tipping you off to that Velacore shipment if I had."

"So why did you?"

"Velacore's my competitor in the super-mercenary field. If their prototypes go missing, everybody wins."

"Which brings up an issue my boss would like to discuss," Tiger Claw put his boss on his phone. "Go ahead, X."

Mr. Mercer, we have a proposal. When Solar Eclispe battles the likes of Raptor, The Crawler, Plasma, or even Discharge she's too busy to interfere with my empire. We like to hire you to create more… let's call them supervillains.

"What's in it for me, if I say yes?"

Ample funding and a fresh supply of human guinea pigs for your questionable experiments.

Meanwhile, the police arrived after the battle between Solar and Discharge. The officers along with Lt. Silverstar found Discharge completely stripped of her costume, tied to a street lamp.

"Look like she has done it again," an officer said.

"You got that right," Silverstar said. "Man, booking her is going to be a chore."

At Sunset's Apartment, she was in her pj's thinking of what Discharge said to her.

"So, Discharge was hired to get rid of me because I'm messing with their business. The only questions are now whose business and what's their beef with me when I did nothing to provoke them," Sunset said as she laid on her bed.