• Published 1st Apr 2024
  • 291 Views, 11 Comments

Solar: Hero of Canterlot City - Royal Pony Dude

  • ...
1
 11
 291

Chapter 2-Wired

Dark, starry skies are looming over the city. The night is in full bloom. Couples are having fancy dinner dates, music is blaring loudly from the nightclubs, and in the park, The Great and Powerful Trixie is putting on a magnificent magic show.

And a jewelry store is being robbed in a dark, secluded street several blocks away.

Two guys dressed in black are behind the register, attempting to crack open a safe and pillage the riches inside. Just outside the store, two more guys are keeping watch.

"Al...most... there..." the bank muttered as he jiggled the lockpick.

"Can ya hurry it up, Quick Change?" the other robber nervously asked.

"Shut up, you know these things take time!" Quick quietly snapped back. "Unless you'd like to try it?"

He fiddled around with the lockpicks a bit more, until...

*click!*

"Bingo." With a satisfied smirk, Quick Change grabbed the handle and pulled. The door swung open, revealing a large sack filled to the brim with glittering gemstones. Quick chuckled, his smile growing ever wider. "We hit the jackpot, baby!"

He didn't notice the dark shadow or the two suddenly-unconscious lookouts behind him.

"Yeah, we're rich, I get it. Can we go now?"

"Are you trying to ruin the moment or something?"

"No! It's just... you know that costumed hero who runs around at night beating up guys like us?"

"What, that Solar Eclipse or whatever she's called? Pfft, just some urban legend."

"But what if she's real? I'd prefer not going hand to hand with her!"

"Come on, we could take her on no problem."

"Are you sure about that?" a third voice asked.

"Yeah, I'm VERY sure ab-" Quick froze. Oh sheefish. Someone was behind him. The two turned around, hoping it wasn't who they thought it was. Quick's eyes widened, and the other one's face went pale.

Standing in front of them was a female. Her hair was in a long ponytail with crystallized sun-like ribbon worn a crimson-yellow dress with golden shoulder pads, black pants, orange gauntlets, and orange boots with a red mask. Her name was Sunset Shimmer but to the bad guys, she's Solar Eclipse.

"Hello, boys," she says coolly as her hands were on her hips.

Quick Change was snapped out of his trance. "What- how-?!" he spat out, quickly glancing at the door and spotting his two unconscious guards.

Solar Eclipse followed his gaze. "Oh, that. Now unless you want to wind up like those two, I suggest surrendering right now."

The two guys stood straight up, one of them bashing his hands together while Quick Change grabbed a nearby bat. "Get real!" he shouted.

"Hard way, huh?" Solar Eclipse replied, getting into a fighting stance. "Bring it."

The bank robber yelled and charged at her with his fist. The masked hero simply sidestepped and drove her foot into his side, causing him to spin and crash into the wall.

Quick Change approached slowly, taking a few practice swings with his bat. He launched an attack at Solar, who ducked the swing. She nimbly dodged and sidestepped the ones that followed, much to the stallion's irritation. The last swing, however, got her in the face.

"Good job, you managed to get a hit on me," she remarked as her hands began to glow.

"Oh, son of-?!" Quick Change barely had time to shout before Solar magically yanked the bat out of his grasp and slammed it against his legs. Shouting in pain, he collapsed, grabbing his broken legs with his arms.

Behind her, the bank robber had recovered and was running towards Solar, hoping he could punch her face in. She spun around and blocked the attack. He let loose with a couple more swings that were either blocked or dodged, before receiving a fist to the stomach.

Solar spun around and delivered a kick to his legs, sending the attacker headfirst into a display case where he lost consciousness.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Quick Change desperately trying to crawl away. The crook gasped loudly when he saw the masked hero glaring at him and started frantically clawing his way to the door. Her hand glowed, and she vanished.

Quick Change looked ahead and saw Solar standing over him. His eyes widened and he started panicking. Using her magic, the heroine lifted him upside-down into the air, dangling him.

"And just where do you think you're going?" she asked mockingly.

"Why you little-!" He tried to pull out a gun, but before he could fight back, Solar flicked it with her foot making him lose it.

"Nice try, buddy."

"I... I ain't scared of ya!" he snapped back.

"Sure, that must be why you're sweating bullets right now," Solar replied, looking at the man's apparently-melting face.

Quick Change gulped. "J-just let me go... lemme go please!" he begged.

Solar raised her hand to her chin in mock thought. "Hmm... how about this: I knock you out, and when you wake up in a few minutes, you'll be cuffed by the cops, on your way to jail?"

"WHA-?!" was all Quick Change could get out before Solar struck him in the face and dropped him onto the sidewalk, where he lay motionless. Once the police arrived Solar saluted them off and then went the other way.

Much later, Solar arrived at her place. Once she was there, Solar took off her costume revealing her golden skin, aquamarine eyes, and red-and-yellow hair and wearing an orange shirt with a red-and-yellow sun symbol, a black vest with spikes around the neck area, a purple zip-up skirt, and a pair of black studded shoes.

"Not bad, Sunset, three mugs, and a robbery, just another Monday night, speaking of time for me to visit to head straight to Colts' lab."

At Colts' lab at Everton, Twilight, Sunset, and Brisk were looking at an aquarium of electric eels and rays.

"In nature, everything is connected," Midnight said as grabbed an eel with pliers. "As scientists, we explore and expand upon those connections to benefit of society."

"We're experimenting with genetically altered electric rays and eels," Brisk said.

"Think what it would mean if we could harness this bioelectricity to generate an alternate form of energy, a clean source of power."

"Sounds great, but you might wanna clean the tank," Sunset said.

"Don't worry, it's clean. The fluid, I call it sludge, increases the eels bioelectric signatures."

"Yes. In fact, those very signatures have become so intense, we call in Dylan to upgrade the lab's bioelectrical filters," Midnight said as his wife Stardust and his son Steel Frisk came in.

"Midnight, I need to get Steel Frisk."

"Sorry, honey I lost track of time. I have to wait for Dylan to finish, but you go ahead. As the two of you, Twilight, Sunset."

Hours into the morning, Solar was just outside of Canterlot High and heard a nearby bank alarm.

"Just for once, can I be early for school?" Solar exclaimed as left to deal with it.

Sunset came into class and sat in her seat exhausted.

"Sunset? Are you okay? It looks like you ran a marathon?" Rainbow asked.

"Overslept, I had to work on the essay from Harshwinny," Sunset replied. And considering the fact I had dealt with five crimes that cut into schoolwork. "What's that you're reading?"

"The Canterlot Weekly, they're offering majoring bucks for a photo of Solar Eclipse in action."

"Huh, did not know that?"

"Alright class. Settle down," Straight Facade spoke up. "I know most of you are eager to get yesterday's test back."

The students groaned as he passed their tests back.

"Nice, C-," Rainbow exclaimed.

"Oh, come on, another D-, my parents are going to kill me," Dan said in frustration.

"Nicely done, Miss Shimmer A+," Straight Facade said to her.

Trixie was a little ticked off that she got a 'B' so she grabs the closest object and prepared to throw that moment Sunset's head flashed at what Trixie was doing, she on accident drops her test which allowed her to duck and thrown object hit the teacher's head.

"Ms. Lulamoon!"

"Nice going, Trix!" Sunset thought to herself.

Meanwhile, at the Canterlot Hospital, Brisk came to the hospital on his motorcycle, Midnight Colt called him earlier today that Dylan had a freak accident just last night.

"I heard what happened how is he?" Brisk asked Doctor Lightscope.

"He's alive and that's a miracle, his condition is stable…"

"Maybe he should just see for himself," Midnight said.

All three of them went into Dylan's room and saw him in bed.

"Hey, Brisk," Dylan greeted him.

"What with the suit?" Brisk asked.

"Dylan's body is a constant stream of bioelectricity, that insulation suit will contain it to protect him and everyone else, but I promise Dylan it's only temporary. We'll begin working on a cure right away. Try to rest."

At Canterlot High,

"Rivers, a moment please," Straight Facade asked him to stay along with Sunset. "Dan, if you're going to do better in this class, you need a tutor and I recommend Sunset here."

"Study, with the Bacon-Head, I will take Sparkle any day," Dan retorted.

"Miss Twilight is the better student but I'm only trying to help you to bring you're grade up."

Much later, at Sugarcube Corner…

"So let's get this straight, you're tutoring Dan so his grades can improve?" Applejack asked Sunset.

"Yeah, and Dan is not even here," Sunset exclaimed.

"And why did Mr. Facade pick you instead of me?" Twilight asked. "I'm the A+ plus student!"

"No offense, Twi, but when you talk, people will fall asleep," Rainbow told her and the rest agreed.

Unsuspectingly, Dylan had hood around and walk by the shop which Sunset took notice of.

Great timing thug alert, alright Sunset play it cool. Sunset thought to herself. "Regardless, this is supposed to help Dan, not me. I'm heading home. If he asked where I've been he should talk to me."

Sunset walked out of the store into a dark alley, slipped into her costume, and followed him.

"Out of my way!" Dylan said as he run over them then Solar tapped on his shoulder.

"Hey, pal. What's with the rush, miss the train?" She asked.

"You really shouldn't have done that."

"Is this the part where I regret it?"

As no surprise, Dylan let an electric blast that not shocked her but caused a temporary blackout.

"Why did you attack me?"

"Now, now, attack is such a strong word."

"What's your game?" He unknowing fire a bolt at her.

"Okay, Plasma, time for you to unplug."

Solar hurled a couple of TVs at him then which exploded upon contact.

"Stop it! Stop it!"

Dylan created an electric field that Solar avoided by being on a skyscraper.

"Okay in hindsight, maybe it wasn't the best idea to surprise like that," Solar thought before heading down to face him. "Okay, Plasma. Let's do this!"

She looked to her left and her right only to find he was gone.

"Okay, he bolted."

The next morning…

"Sunset, I just talked to Brisk," Twilight walked to her. "There was an accident in the lab."

Much later…

"Dylan's life got trash and not only did recognize him, I attack him. Not sure I could have helped but at least I could've tried," Sunset thought to herself.

"Sunset," Dan greeted her.

"Hey, Dan, Look I feel pretty bad for ditching you last night, so if want to help. We meet after school at the Everton lab. The choice is yours."

At Everton…

"Can we put him in a tank?" Twilight asked. "Use a bioelectric filter to siphon off…"

"No, it won't work I'm afraid," Dr. Midnight said to her. "Eels evolved to exist in the aquatic environment. Dylan didn't."

"And with the voltage generating inside of him, he fizzled out if he gets dunked with some," Brisk added.

Then the door opens up to show Dan with an umbrella.

"Uh, is this a bad time?" Dan asked.

Hours later…

"Maybe this isn't a good time," Sunset said to Dr. Midnight.

"No, go on, I need to check some results in my office anyway," Dr. Midnight said as he went to his office.

"So, Brisk, you QB for Everton?" Dan asked.

"Hung up the cleats, in Canterlot High," Brisk replied. "I'm officially a nerd."

"We're all nerds here. And you can be one," Sunset said to Dan.

"Wonderful."

"I'm serious, you're smart and I know you can do it," Then both of them headed to the eel tank then Sunset picked up an eel with pilers. "You just look at it a different way. In nature, everything is connected, as scientists, we explore and expand upon connections. Maybe as people, we should do the same."

"Thought you said this was boring."

"You're lucky to have Sunny as your tutor," Brisk said. "She knows her stuff."

"But I'm the one, with a Nobel Prize in the future," Twilight said.

"So any ideas on to cure Dylan?" Stardust asked him.

"So far I'm drawing a blank," Midnight Colt said then the lights start to flicker and the door got blasted.

"Midnight!" Dylan screamed. "Where is he?! You really don't wanna keep me waiting kids. Where's Midnight?"

"Dylan. I'm right here," both he and Stardust came in. "Try to stay calm."

"Calm? We left calm behind a long time ago, Doc!" Dylan screamed. "I can't take it anymore! You did cause this, you cure it!"

"We're working on it… it just takes time."

"I don't have time! Cure me now! Before I really start to lose it. I know you can do it. All you need is the proper motivation."

I'm going to get a mouthful from Twilight after this. Sunset thought to herself as she prepares to take action.

"I'll distract him. You three get out of here through the back," Brisk said then he run to him.

"What? No!" Sunset tried to stop him.

Dylan blasted him with an electric bolt and sent him to the other side of the room. Just Sunset and the others head out the back way as Twilight and Dan run, Sunset headed back.

"In here, it'll be safe, in there," Dan said then noticed that Sunset wasn't with them. "Wait a minute, where's Sunset?"

"Dylan, please don't hurt him," Midnight said to him. "We'll find a cure. We just need time."

"You're lying!" Dylan shouted.

"Whoa. Whoa. Guys, I know it's not a cure but about taking a chill pill," Solar Eclipse said.

"You!" Dylan fire an electric blast at her which she dodged.

"Yeah, me. Look I really screwed up before but now I really want to help," Solar said while holding her hand.

"You want me to your hand?" Dylan sarcastically said before zapping her. "None of you get it. Without a cure, I'm not Dylan. I'm… What did you call me?"

"Sparky?"

"No, not that? Plasma. I'm Plasma!"

"Alright, Plasma, if you want to vent, then vent!"

Solar hurled some of the debris at him, only disperse by his electric power. Then Plasma quickly fired bolts at her until one of them actually hit her. Just as they were fighting, Midnight Colt and Stardust took injured Brisk out of there, and just Plasma had the chance Solar closed the door with her magic.

"My only chance at a cure and you let him escape! Now the gloves come off!"

Plasma did an electric blast at her that sent her out of the lab.

"Okay, gloves are on!" Solar secretly put on the insulator gloves she grabbed and then toss Plasma into a building. "How do you like that?"

Plasma fired a bolt at her chest and send her straight to a signal tower.

'Me and my big mouth."

"Can't escape from up there, sunshine. This is my turf."

He launched himself into the tower and caused it to spark out electricity.

"Okay, maybe climbing a metal tower wasn't a bright idea. Okay, I need a plan to take him down," Solar said before looking at the Everton swimming pool. "Or use the biggest tank in the world.

Solar leaped off, and then circled around and kicked Plasma right into the pool which made fizzled out.

"And that's why we don't mix water and electricity," Solar said then saw a couple of police cars. "Time to make my exit."

Next morning at Canterlot High…

"So how did the tutor session go?" Applejack asked Sunset.

"Not bad, but really hoping that Dan would move on from the crowd," Sunset said seeing him hanging out with Duke and his crew.

"We cannot win every battle," Applejack consoles her then the bell rings. "Time for class, I see you later at Sugarcube Corner."

"Yeah," Sunset smiled leaving Applejack.