• Published 7th Oct 2012
  • 939 Views, 9 Comments

Rarity vs. The Hat: RotE Episode 4 - Dream Volt



Rarity really dislikes Fluttershy's new hat.

  • ...
2
 9
 939

Pinklestia

This was an excellent idea. Blinkie had come up with something, but it would be a while. It was a little extreme, but it was time for extreme measures. Or at least nearly time. I had some confidence this would work. Pinkie looked the part for sure. Well almost, but I had fixed that. Even if to me she still appeared pink rather than white. Every other detail was absolutely perfect. I had even outdone myself and replicated Celestia's various accessories perfectly. I was tempted to ask Pinkie how she got the hair to blow in the wind just like Celestia, but decided that would be a waste of time.

"Now, let Rarity hear your Celestia. It must be perfect."

"Okay ms your way. I sound totally just like her, right?"

I blinked. "No Pinkie. It's all wrong. You matched the voice, but everything else is all wrong. The grace, the poise, the calm. You must match all of it."

"Aww, but that sounds hard."

I put both front hooves together elbows in the dirt. "Please Pinkie, we have to do this."

"Okay. Let me try something."

Then she struck herself in the side of the head. It was an odd gesture to begin with, but as a distorted image of Celestia it was even stranger. Then just like that she was calm, a gentle very un-Pinkie-like smile on her face. She then took a few steps forward and I stared open mouthed.

"Is this better my little pony?"

"How? How can you suddenly be so perfect, it makes no sense and…"

Then she laughed. It started out normal enough but the tell tale Pinkie snorts ruined it. She then blinked seemingly confused by the noise she made.

"I suggest you refrain from doing that, but otherwise we are set. Fluttershy will not be able to see though the illusion, so she will have no idea that you are really Pinklesita, rather than the true article."

Pinkie laughed again. "Pinklestia. Wow, that's even better than Pinkie Sparkle."

"I'm sure Fluttershy would never dare disobey a request from Celestia. Now go on. Go knock on the door and we can finally end this."

Pinkie smiled a little too widely, but then returned to a more relaxed smirk. She walked up to the door, knocked, and waited.

"Uh, who is it?"

"It is I little pony. And it would be really…" Pinkie then paused. "I mean it would be nice if you would please join me outside.

Fluttershy then came out quickly, hat slightly crooked. Did that mean she didn't always wear it inside? She was smiling a little too brightly when she rushed out. Then she stared at Pinkie, and slowly began to frown.

"Now I have something to ask of you…"

"Pinkie." Fluttershy nearly whispered.

"That hat of yours, I need you to remove it."

"Pinkie." Said Fluttershy louder

"I cannot tell you why but trust that…"

"Pinkie."

"Uh, wait, I'm not Pinkie I'm, wait, you already know I…"

I came out of the bushes. "How?"

"Rarity too?"

"How did you know?" I asked again

"Well, her hair is a little faded, but mostly, it's because Celestia isn't pink."

I just stood there. Why didn't this work. Fluttershy went back inside at some point. I think Pinkie kept trying to talk her into giving up the hat, but it clearly didn't work. How could she see though the illusion? It was so perfect. She should have seen Pinkie as white. It was such a simple but powerful illusion. Trixie herself had taught me and she truly was a marvel at them. How could I mess it up?