• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 5,001 Views, 167 Comments

when heroes aren't there to save you - Rainbow warrior



if you didnt like scootabuse but you dont like scootalove either read this.

  • ...
13
 167
 5,001

*unedited* When heroes aren't there to save you: part 2 (Flight of the phoenix) Prologue:

When Heroes aren’t there to save you: Part 2 (Flight of the phoenix)

Written by: Rainbow Warrior

A note to my loyal fans: Thank you for the positive feedback on the last one, and again I apologize for writing an extremely rushed sequel, I KNOW this one will be better. This will take place only two years after Scootaloo was adopted.

Prologue: Flight of the Phoenix

“So, do you remember what we learned Scoots?” Rainbow asked as she circled Scootaloo who was on the ground, attentively watching and taking mental notes at what her mentor, and now, mother was telling her.

“When going in for a sonic boom: always make sure your wings are closed and hooves out in front b-because it helps with the aerodynamics right?”

“Right! Very good! Now, do you think you’re ready to show me that awesome move again?” Rainbow asked as she landed in front of Scootaloo. Scootaloo then bit her lip nervously, she wasn’t sure if she even wanted to attempt that move again. She didn’t want to look bad in front of her own mom but she figured she’d understand if she was nervous.

“B-but mom, I-I don’t know if want to do it again. What if I end up bursting another organ? I don’t want to go to the hospital again, two times in one year was enough. Don’t you ever feel pain when you do a sonic rainboom?” Scootaloo felt way too embarrassed to look up but she did and saw Rainbow with a hoof on her chin pondering her question.

“Hmm well, to be honest kid, no I don’t feel anything when I do that. But then again I don’t know why you would’ve felt something that bad when you do it. But don’t you worry Scootaloo, I promise NOTHING bad will happen to you, I’ll protect you okay?” Rainbow offered a smile to the little filly and Scootaloo smiled back. She knew Rainbow meant what she said; it was just her history with trust issues that was making her cautious about the situation.

“Okay mom, Let’s do this.” Scootaloo said with a determined look on her face

“That’s my girl. Now c’mon.” And with that, Rainbow and Scootaloo darted into the sky above at a blaze of speed. Both Rainbow and Scootaloo were flying high into the sky.

“Alright, ready?” Rainbow asked as they both continued their climb.

“Ready!” And with that Rainbow nodded and began to free fall to the ground below. Rainbow put her front hooves out and closed her wings just like she instructed Scootaloo to do. And then a rainbow emitted from rainbow’s tail and she fell down in a blaze of speed.

Scootaloo then closed her wings and put her front hooves out and let nature take its course, she felt the fire in her stomach again and almost panicked until she felt a force shoot her downward faster. She then looked at the lake below and noticed her fire mane and tail, along with her red eyes. She laughed and flew back to Rainbow.

“Alright Scootaloo! I knew you could do it! Now let’s work on our routine.” Rainbow then motioned Scootaloo with her hoof to follow her and rainbow made a giant straight rainbow in the sky, Scootaloo then emitted the fire from her mane and flew in circles around the Rainbow, making a giant visible rainbow, encircled with fire, in the sky. This breathtaking sight lit up the skies of ponyville and everypony looked in awe at this rare occurrence.

Scootaloo then felt her energy drop and her mane and tail were no longer flames, she felt exhausted, her eyes were slowly closing, sleep was creeping up on her, she began to slow down and eventually she couldn't even keep her self airborne and because of this, she halted in the air and fell. But before she had time to scream she felt two hooves cradle her from beneath. She looked up and saw Rainbow Dash with a smile across her face. Scootaloo had tears in her eyes and she smiled her trademark smile before hugging the pony she loved the most. She was so glad she had somepony she could trust with her life.


Author's note: I know it's a short chapter but just like to let you guys know it's back :) I know you probably cant see where Im going with this and that's good, cause you're not supposed to heheheheee >:)