• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 5,001 Views, 167 Comments

when heroes aren't there to save you - Rainbow warrior



if you didnt like scootabuse but you dont like scootalove either read this.

  • ...
13
 167
 5,001

*unedited* chapter 6-a new beggining (part 1)-revelations

*For enhanced reading: alright so I’m going to try something different, if I may make a suggestion, listen to the song numb by linkin park. I feel as though it fits this chapter and this story to a tee so, if you so desire, you can listen to that as you read this chapter. I want to give my readers more than a chapter; I want them to have a full scene going on inside their head. Anyway this is completely optional and is not required. Oh and if you’re wondering what the cover art Is, all will be revealed in time, anyway enjoy the chapter and will be posting the last part sometime this weekend.


Chapter 6 a new beginning (part 1)-revelations

It was 3:30 a.m.; Scootaloo was sleeping soundly in her bed when she thought she heard a knock coming from the window next to her. She slowly opened her eyes and turned her head to scan where she thought she heard the noise. She looked and looked but couldn’t find anything, just then she turned her eyes and what looked to be like a filly her age was there standing behind the glass in her bedroom window. Scootaloo gasped in surprise, she couldn't make out who he, she, or it was but she knew it was something and that "something" was staring right at her. Scootaloo didn't know what to do, she wanted to scream but she couldn't somehow. Both of them were staring at each other, it wasn’t until about a minute when the figure looked to the right and slowly walked away and didn't look back. Scootaloo's heart was racing, she didn't know what was looking at her but it was something that was able to petrify her in an unknown fear. After a long pause, scootaloo finally fell back to sleep, still wondering what it was that was looking at her through her bedroom window.





“Now scootaloo, are you sure you want to try this?” the nurse pony asked as she was about to remove scootaloos casts on her legs. scootaloo nodded with a determined look on her face and said:

“Yes I’m sure, I’ve been slowly regaining feeling in them, I know I’ll be fine”

The nurse pony looked nervous as she continued to take off her casts “okay sweetie, if you think you’re ready.” She then removed scootaloo’s casts and scootaloo’s legs drooped down slowly and her legs began to move back. Scootaloo bent down from the bed she was in and placed her front hooves out in front of her and slowly lowered her hind legs on the ground below, she then shifted her weight to her back legs and began to wobble, trying to maintain her balance. The nurse pony was trying to let scootaloo do her own thing, but out of instinct, she went in to catch her.

“DON’T TOUCH ME, I’LL BE FINE!” scootaloo snapped, she was determined to walk even though it had only been two weeks since her operation, she didn’t care, if she was going to beat rainbow dash she had to get clearance from her doctor first, and in order to do that she had to convince them that she was healthy.

“I-I’m sorry sweetie...keep going.” The nurse pony said, trying not to upset the filly.

Scootaloo began to tremble as she placed her front hoof in and then her back hoof. Step by step she struggled but she pushed herself and pushed herself, her legs wanted to collapse but scootaloo didn’t let them, come on, COME ON COLT-DAMMIT! she thought to herself as she trembled while walking in the room. It felt like the room was an entire mile when she only had to walk from the bed to the door. Each step was a struggle but she somehow found a way to deal with it. She finally got to the door and looked back at the nurse pony.

“so, how’d I do?”

The nurse pony had a concerned look on her face. “Well, it’s good to see you’re walking but I think a few more days in bed with some more time with the cast in will be okay.” Scootaloo sighed “oh all right.” Scootaloo flew herself back into her bed and laid back.

A couple of hours had passed when a knock came from her door “scootaloo, you have some more visitors!” the nurse pony then let in applebloom, and sweetiebell, they both had an obviously fake smile on their face as they walked in.

“Hey guys what’s up?” scootaloo said with a bit of a smile, she still hadn’t told her friends that she may be leaving in a month and each time she was with them it only made her want to tell them even more.

The nurse pony left and the two fillies looked back to make sure the door was closed. Scootaloo raised an eyebrow and said “uh guys, I’m over here.”

The two fillies then turned back around in a flash and they both had a concerned look on their face. Sweetiebell dug her hoof into the tile and bit her lip as she nervously said:

“Um,scootaloo…our parents told us not to tell you this but we felt like we had to, um” sweetiebell paused for a moment, trying to think of the right words to say to her friend. “Y-you see…avion went missing yesterday and they havn’t found him. We know how important he was to you s-so we felt as though we shouldn’t hide it from you.” Scootaloo’s eyes went wide in surprise. Just then she remembered the figure that appeared in the window last night and she went numb with the sudden realization of what she had seen last night. No…n-no, that couldn’t have been avion, could it? No he’s much too scared to even TALK to somepony let alone wander out in the dark by himself Scootaloo thought to herself. Applebloom then grabbed the remote and said: “Don’t believe us? Then look for yourself.” Applebloom then flipped the television on to the news channel and the news ponies were still covering the story:

“foster-colt and now wanted killer, avion, went missing yesterday before his court appearence and is now wanted for the life of three ponies, 65 year old Ms. Burns, and two police ponies, both were found dead at the scene, one was shot multiple times in the chest and twice in the head, the other was found in the police station dumpster with multiple stab wounds to the neck. Police are advising that if you see this pony DO NOT try to apprehend and instead, inform the local authorities, suspect is believed to be armed and dangerous. Here is the suspect’s mug shot.” The television then showed a picture that sent a chill down scootaloo’s back, avion’s head was tilted to the side and he was smiling an insane, twisted smile.

“N-no that’s not avion, it can’t be, at least…not the one I know.”

“Well, then where is he?” sweetiebell asked in disbelief.

“I don’t know…and right now, I don’t care, right now I got problems of my own.”

“Well what y’all gonna do scoots?”

Scootaloo let out a sigh. “I have something to tell you guys, you may wanna sit down for this.”

Scootaloo then spent the whole afternoon explaining to her friends that if she wasn’t adopted by the end of the month then she’d have to leave ponyville for a long time. She figured they were going to find out eventually so she might as well tell them while she was still in ponyville.

“WHAT!? N-no they can’t take you, somepony has to adopt you. You just can’t leave scootaloo, what will me and applebloom do without you?” Sweetiebell had tears flowing down her eyes as she asked this; she didn’t want to see her friend leave.

“You think I WANT to move? Of course not. But it looks like it’s gonna happen, but there are some “things” I need to take care of before I leave. I think this where we’re gonna have to say goodbye guys.”

Applebloom looked mad and sweeitebell was softly sobbing. “Now just wait a minute scoots, ever since you’ve been in this hospital you’ve kept nothing but secrets from me an sweetie here. Now tellin me this is where we gotta say goodbye aint gonna cut it, I wanna know what happened and why you’ve been so secretive all this time you aint actin’ normal scoots and I don’t like it. We’ll leave but first we wanna know what happened the night you came here and why you’ve been actin so strange.”

Scootaloo wanted to turn them down and say “no” right then and there, but applebloom’s look on her face persuaded scootaloo to do otherwise, she sighed “Oh all right, fair enough, maybe now you’ll understand why I have to do the things I have to do if I tell you. Do you guys still have time?”

“Of course.” Applebloom said, still with the same determined look on her face.

It was 10:00 p.m. the sun had already set and stars were barely visible in the sky. Scootaloo had just finished explaining to her friends everything that went on while they were gone during the summer break all the way until today. Applebloom and sweetiebell both had their mouths agape in disbelief at the incredible story their friend had just told them. A couple moments passed and sweetiebell finaly spoke up:

“I don’t get it, why enter that race if you’ve never liked professional flying to begin with?”

“That is something, I feel, needs to happen. And I told you already; I wanna beat rainbow dash and make her jealous of me before I leave.”

“But I thought you liked rainbow dash, I thought you two were really close.”

Scootaloo looked down and sighed “I thought so too, but it looks like I was just another Pegasus passing by, to her at least. I don’t know why but, I feel as though I HAVE to do this.”

Sweetiebell and applebloom looked at each other in surprise; they couldn’t believe what scootaloo was telling them. This wasn’t the scootaloo they knew, this was somepony else, it had to be, the scootaloo they knew always wore a smile when they were together, now a smile from scootaloo was a rare sight to behold. Applebloom figured that the laughter and happiness that was shared between them was beaten out of her by her abusive foster-mom; even though she might be dead the pain still resonated strongly inside of scootaloo.

“Well okay scoots, whatever makes you happy, just know that your friends are here to support ya every step of the way and we’ll be there see you win at that race, okay?” applebloom had a smile on in attempt to cheer up her fellow crusader and friend. Scootaloo only looked up and with a depressed frown she said:

“Yeah, okay thanks guys, you don’t have to come to the race though, it’s just something I feel as though I have to do but thanks anyway.”

Applebloom was a bit disappointed that scootaloo didn’t smile back but she did her best to keep the little happiness scootaloo had alive. “Alright scoots well we better be headin’ on out, and me an sweetie will definitely show up to your race and root for ya.”

“Yeah, thanks guys, see ya later.” And on that, the two fillies quietly exited the room and proceeded to go on home.

Scootaloo looked at the ceiling before falling into a deep sleep, she only had a week till the race, she was ready and she was NOT going to lose even if it, literally, killed her.