• Published 17th Jan 2012
  • 5,001 Views, 167 Comments

when heroes aren't there to save you - Rainbow warrior



if you didnt like scootabuse but you dont like scootalove either read this.

  • ...
13
 167
 5,001

*unedited*chapter 2-trial and error

note: I realize that my grammar isn't the best but please understand that English is my second language. I could really use an editor so if anyone is willing to, please pm me or leave a comment otherwise DEAL WITH IT. please.

It was as if the fact that rainbow just put her life in danger did not matter to her. When scootaloo heard those words of acknowledgement she immeadiatly got up and ignored the the aches in her knees and face and smiled a wide, dirt-filled, smile.

"alright, consider that the easiest part of your course, because the next 8 weeks will be the toughest of your life and this week we're gonna get you to fly. Now what you did there earlier was gliding, I don't like gliding and you won't either got it?"
"sir yes sir!" said scootaloo. "right. now give me fifty pushups to start."

It was the Afternoon and scootaloo felt torn, her muscles were aching and she already threw up twice.

"alright I'm impressed you made it this far so since you're in the zone let's see what we can do about those tiny wings of yours" rainbow dash unzipped her duffle bag and pulled out weights that looked like boards, each being 20 pounds.

"I want both of these lfted 50 times." scootaloo looked in horror as she saw the two small 20 pound board weights. Now she was able to put up with alot of the excercises and she hadn't complained, until now.

"b-but rainbow dash I don't think I ca-" a sudden feeling of force hit her in the back of the head interrupting her complaint.

"you don't THINK anything you worthless shit, you just DO, now quit your sobbing and lift those weights. And since your whining, instead of 50 I want 60, double time let's go!"
Scootaloo almost couldn't believe what had just happened and what she was hearing, but she stayed strong for rainbow dash and with one lift after the other she began to cringe in pain. Her wings were aching and her body was screaming to stop but her mind was telling her to shut up and deal with it. After 49 she began to slow down with each lift and rainbow dash saw this and immediately took action.

"why're you slowing down huh? I thought you said you were gonna prove to me that you were worthy of training with me and no apprentice of mine is a quitter."

these words penetrated scootaloos rage like a jagged knife, rage and adreneline began to pour out of her like an open wound and she let out a wail much like a battlecry and began to keep lifting the weights one after the other almost twice as fast now. She got to 120 before she threw up yet again, she then dropped the weights and collapsed on to the ground. "not bad kid, not bad at all" rainbow dash said with a proud grin on her face.

"y-you really think so?" scootaloo asked as she struggled to get up.

"yeah you'll be fine now go home and get some rest squirt, you'll need it. But I don't think you'll need me to tell you that anymore." scootaloo nodded and then got up and headed home despite the fact that she was mentally assaulted by her idol she cast that all aside knowing that today, she made rainbow dash proud and no amount of pain, blood or vomit would even dent the happines and acknowledgement she felt at that very moment, she made rainbow dash proud of her today, and she intended to keep it that way for a long time.



Scootaloo got home at about 11:30p.m., and when she got there she was exhausted, she could probably fall asleep on the porch if she didn't get in. As she walked in she was greeted by a familiar face but this was a face she would rather not deal with right now, It was ms.burns, the mother of the kids at her foster home.

"Oh! Um, hi ms.burns, um sorry for coming in late I was.......studying at the library" scootaloo tried her best to sound convincing but her tired and aching little body were preventing any type of creative and logical excuse from seeping into her brain.

"now you know you're supposed to be home by 10:00, and do I look like a clueless idiot? I know more about you than you think, so saying you were studying at the library when you always come home from school saying how you wish books were burnt at the stake along with the pony who invented them doesn't really convince me that you were at the library this whole time. So I'll say again, WHERE WERE YOU?" Ms. Burns was running out of patience and scootaloo could see it, but at this point scootaloo was just so tired and angry she didn't care what would happen but she had to say this;

"ms.burns........though you may be my foster mom you aren't and you never will be my real mom. So, therefore, I don't have to tell you SHIT about where I've been and who I was with." scootaloo had her face down the whole time knowing what was about to come but she dared to look up despite her better judgement. As soon as she did she saw Ms. Burns walking away and was a bit surprised by this, but not as surprised as she was when she felt two giant hooves buck her in the stomach sending the little pegasus flying across the living room and hitting a lamp.

"consider that a warning you little shit, next time I'll take your fucking life. So until you're adopted, I FUCKING OWN YOU, GOT IT?"

Scootaloo couldn't answer as the world around her started to swirl. She was bleeding from her mouth and her esophagus was filling up with blood and she was fainting from lack of oxygen. As she was going down, she noticed a gray figure reach down at her, but she was only able to make out that gray figure before she was swallowed by the darkness.

Scootaloo woke up at around 2:20 am and she noticed she wasn't in her room but in avion and zelos's room. She was in avion's bed too, She sat up and immediatly cringed in pain, she clenched her stomach and she let out a little yelp that was loud enough to wake up avion sleeping on the carpet floor below her.

"Scootaloo You're awake! A-Are you okay, What is it!? Oh please tell me you're alright." avion had a very concerned look on his face and he was on the virge of tears too it appeared.

"yeah, yeah avion. I'm fine, but what's with the Ice packs under my wings and the bandages on my body?"

"oh, well you see I heard the the argument you and Ms. Burns were having and I had to come see what was happening. But when I got there ms. Burns left and you had shards of glass on the back of your head, blood coming out of your mouth, and a giant bruise on your stomach. That's when I took out any medical supplies I could to make sure to stop the bleeding and numb the pain. Here, take another painkiller while you're up, It'l help you go back to sleep." avion then handed scootaloo a glass of water and some ibuprofen, Scootaloo drank the pills and looked up at avion who was still looking like he was about to cry.

"avion, why are you so worried? I'll be fine, thanks to you anyway, quit looking so worried." scootaloo tried to reassure him with a smile. But it was to no avail as the little gray pegasus looked like he was about to cry even more.

"avion, what is it? You're making me worried now."
At that moment avion slumped down and put his head on her shoulder and his arms around her and began to weep softly but with alot of tears flowing.

"scootaloo *hic* you're the only friend I have here who actually talks to me. You're the only one who talks to me period, all the kids at school make fun of me and beat me up for whatever reason, my parents took their own lives because they didn't want to support me so *hic* I cant lose you I *hic* just can't scootaloo. I can't! I won't lose the only thing that makes my life worth living." at this point the poor little white Pegasus's throat was burning because he had so many tears to let out but couldn't because everyone else was sleeping. " That's why I'm so worried, when I saw you with your eyes rolled back and your head and mouth bleeding it reminded me of the way my parents looked the day they killed themselves and how I was too late to save them, I wasn't about to let the same thing happen to you. I told myself to stay up to keep watch over you but I fell asleep, I was so scared scootaloo. I don't want you to go, I don't I just don't. Oh scootaloo please don't go. I love you, And if you leave i'll *hic* be alone all over again."

Scootaloo could not believe what she had just heard. She never heard words that told her she was the reason that a pony lives, she then reached out and hugged avion back.

"oh avion, that's the sweetest thing anyponys ever told me, I promise I'll be okay and I promise to never leave you. C'mon n' sleep up here with me, the floor is really cold."

"r-really? *sniff* I mean, a-are you okay? I dont know if you're still in pain or not and I don't want to hurt you"

"yeah it's alright I don't mind now cmon, I'm tired."
Avion then crawled into his bed with his pillow and blanket and turned the opposite way as to give scootaloo some breathing room. Just then he felt scootaloos arm bring him closer to her and he almost melted as he turned his head to see scootaloo with her eyes closed and a smile across her face. This, and scootaloo snuggling with him was enough to make him cry tears of joy. But instead he smiled, closed his eyes, and went to sleep.


authors note: I actually cried while making this part and I think I'm about to again. Just picture it. Two little pegasus ponies cuddling together, sleeping. It's so damn cute I could just-HNNNNNNNNNNNGGG!!!!! *dead* any way this is just a bridge for the story. It gets better I promise, I normally don't like writing this "wishy-washy" type of stuff but I felt as though it needed to be an element in the story. Sorry for the typing errors, still working to get those resovled. P.S. 4 stars guys? Thank you so much :)