• Published 6th Feb 2024
  • 1,206 Views, 57 Comments

Harmony and Unity - HuskToFawn



Everyone knows the story of Twilight Sparkle and Sunny Starscout, and how they both united Equestria in their respective times. But in this universe, these two generations existed at the same time.

  • ...
3
 57
 1,206

Design and Conquer

“Decorations.” Spike read as the three headed towards Town Hall. They entered inside to see streamers, balloons, tables, and three ponies.

The first one was a light orchid unicorn with blue hair with a button on a heart with pins sticking out as a cutie mark; she was levitating a box labeled “Arts and Crafty Stuff”. The second one was a light orchid pegasus with purple hair with a crown below a music note as a cutie mark; she was decorating the higher parts of the interior of Town Square while recording it. The last one was a white unicorn with purple hair with three diamonds as a cutie mark; she was using her magic to make sure everything was in place.

The light orchid pegasus flew back down to the floor with her phone in her hoof. “Well, that’s all I can show you my Pippsqueaks! But stay tuned! I’ll be livestreaming when Princess Celestia raises the sun later so all of you who can’t make it can watch with me!” The pegasus put her phone back in her feathers... before she took it out again and took photos.

“Woah... beautiful...” Spike said, looking at the white unicorn.

“Yes. The décor is coming along nicely. This oughta be quick. I’ll be at the library in no time. Beautiful, indeed.” Twilight said, silently admiring the décor inside of Town Hall.

Sunny got a good look at the light orchid pegasus before something clicked in her mind. She rushed over to the pegasus with sparkling eyes.

“Hi! Omigosh! It is such an honor to meet... the Pipp Petals!” Sunny said. “I follow you on every social media platform! ClipTrot, Ponygram, Feedbag! You’re like... mega famous!”

“Aw, thanks! It’s always nice to meet a Pippsqueak!” Pipp said before realizing something, “Wait, how did you get in here? The mayor said no one without clearance could enter.”

“Oh, right, I’m Sunny Starscout! And this is my friend Twilight. We’re here to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Festival. And by the looks of it, it’s coming along nicely!”

“Oh, why thank you darling!” The white unicorn said. “Just needs a few more touches, then it will be perfect for the princess!”

“Yep, just gotta find a place to put my glitter cannon...” The light orchid unicorn said. “Hi! I’m Izzy! It’s always nice to meet new friends!”

“Nice to meet you, Izzy.” Sunny said. “This turned out to be a lot better than expected!”

“Yes, I agree. We’ll be out of your mane in no time.”

Once the white unicorn got a good look at Twilight, she suddenly gasped. “Oh my Celestia, darling! What ever happened to your coiffure!?”

“Oh, my mane?” Twilight points to her mane. “Well, it’s a long story. Everything looks like it’s going well, so we’ll be going.”

“No! You can’t go out there looking like Ms. Frizzle!” Pipp said. “Come with me!”


Twilight, Sunny, Izzy, Pipp, Spike, and Rarity were now inside a boutique named- “Mane Boutique! Home to the best designs, mane styles, hooficures, and so much more!”

Pipp lead Twilight to a chair and signaled her to sit on it. “Jazz! Rocky! We’ve got a code red!”

Two ponies - an earth pony and a pegasus - came out with multiple styling equipment. “Oh, Celestia! That is bad.” Jazz said.

“Not to worry, we can turn that mane better in an instant!” Rocky said. He grabbed the razor and some ‘hoof-polishes’.

After seeing those... equipment *cough* the razor *cough* she had a sinking feeling in her throat. “I feel like this is about to go horribly.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that! Rocky knows how to handle a razor, you won’t lose any body parts.” Pipp reassured.

“Wasn’t there that one time where-” Izzy tried to speak before Pipp shushed her.

“-where he made the news? I know right! Amazing!”

“But didn’t he cut off a pony’s ear?”

“Nope! W-what do you mean? Rocky never cut off a pony’s ear, wha-a-a-at?” Pipp said nervously. “Anyways!”

The pegasus got to work on Twilight’s mane while Pipp turned on the loudspeakers.

Pipp:

1, 2, 3, 4!
Bring that tail right through the door!

“It’s gonna take a while,” Pipp said. She turned to whisper something to Rocky but none of the ponies could make out what it means.

While Pipp, Jazz, and Rocky got to work on Twilight, the others were talking amongst themselves.

“So, did he really do that?” Sunny whispered to Izzy.

Pipp:

5, 6, 7, 8!
You’re not leaving here till’ you feel great!

“Oh, yeah! He made national news!” Izzy said. “That was an exciting week!”

Pipp:

Shine bright, sparkle and glow!
Flick that mane with a flow, like “woah!”

“He accidentally cut one of 376 pony’s ears off,” Izzy said. “Mane Boutique was closed for like, a month because they couldn’t find a pony to replace him.”

“Wait, didn’t the news classify Rocky as wanted?”

“Oh, yeah! He was on the run for so long! He had to run from angry swarms of the victim ponies.”

Pipp:

Vibe, you’re on it!
You’re a brand new pony so flaunt it!

“So they all just forgave him that easily?” Sunny asked.

“Nah! He had to undergo one month of community service! Fun week!”

“Done and done!” Pipp turned the chair around for everyone to see Twilight’s new manestyle.


Picture for Reference:


“You never cease to amaze, darling.” The white unicorn said. “I am truly honored to be collaborating with you.”

“Aww, thanks, Rarity!” Pipp thanked. “I’m honored too! Those designs of yours are amazing! You’re like, the best style icon! After me, of course.”

While the two were talking, Zipp entered the building.

“Pipp?” Zipp called out before she saw Twilight and Sunny. “Oh, it’s you two.”

“Oh, you’re Rainbow’s friend, Zipp?” Sunny said.

“Yeah.” Zipp said. “Anyways, have you seen Pipp?”

“Why?”

“Uh, sibling matters?”

“Wait! You two... are sisters!?” Sunny gasped. “Oh my Celestia! Twilight, did you know!?”

“Oh, Queen Haven visited Princess Celestia sometimes with Zipp.”

“Don’t remind me about that. It was so boring!” Zipp grumbled. “Pipp won’t mind if I stay here for a moment, will she?”

“Uh... maybe?” Sunny said.

“Works for me,” Zipp said. “Also, you might wanna leave before Pipp dyes your manes new colors.”

Just as she said that, Pipp came in with multiple ‘mane-dye’ boxes. “Soo, what would you feel about mint teal highlights? Ooh, or cherry red? Nope, pegasus pink would definitely suit you best!”

Hearing this, Twilight suddenly dashed out the door with Sunny and Spike following close behind.

“Wait up! It’s free! Get back here!” Pipp said as she chased them.


After successfully getting Pipp off their trails, the three took a moment to rest.

“Wasn’t she wonderful?” Spike asked.

“I wouldn’t say wonderful...” Twilight grumbled.

“No, not Pipp... Rarity.” Spike said. If you looked really close, you could almost see the hearts forming in his eyes.

“Focus, cassanova.” Sunny said. She rolled her eyes before she stopped in confusion. “Wait, where are we?”

“Oh, great. Now we’re lost!” Twilight huffed.

“If it makes you feel better, let’s ask for help there.” Sunny pointed to a white and blue building with the words “Sherriff Station” engraved on the front. “Come on!”

The three entered the building to see an orange-yellow earth pony with a teal mane spinning his phone on his hoof.

“Sunny!” The earth pony said.

“Hitch?” The two ponies came in for a hug before separating a short while after.

“Sunny! It’s so great to see you! You didn’t say you would visit!” Hitch said.

“Well, it was a last minute thing,” Sunny said.

“Uh, hello? We have things to do Sunny!” Twilight said.

“Oh! Hitch, this is Twilight Sparkle, she’s one of my friends from Canterlot!” Sunny introduced. “She might be a little grumpy right now but she’s a good friend!”

“Nice to meet you, Twilight!” Hitch said, walking up to Sunny. “It’s nice to meet a friend of Sunny’s!”

She sighed and put on a smile, “Nice to meet you, I don’t mean to act mean, but I’m on a schedule, and we really need to go.”

“Oh, that’s fine! Me and Sunny can just catch up later, at the celebration.”

“Yeah,” Sunny said.

“Thanks,” Twilight said. “Spike! What’s next on the list?”

The dragon came up to her and unfurled the scroll. “Food, check! Weather, check! Decorations, check! Last one is music.”

“A dragon?! Shouldn’t you be in the Dragonlands?” Hitch asked.

“Eh, not really.” Spike shrugged. “Twilight raised and hatched me from an egg, I feel more at home here to be honest.”

“You look a lot like...”

His sentence was interrupted when a teal dragon started walking down the stairs of the second floor of the station.

“Hitch? Can we get lunch? Please!” The dragon pleaded.

“Oh! Sunny, this is Sparky!” Hitch said. “Sparky, this is Sunny, Twilight, and Spike.”

Upon seeing the dragon, Sparky’s eyes widened and sparkled and suddenly, he was down the stairs in an instant.

“Another dragon!? It’s nice to meet you! Do you like games? What do you eat? And more importantly...” Sparky paused and went closer to Spike, “Do you have any food? I’m starving!”

“Uh, I have an apple tart.” Spike said, bringing out the extra apple tart.

“Gimme!” Sparky said and took the tart from his hands and ate it in a second. “Uh, please?”

While the two dragons were talking, Twilight looked at Hitch with a loss of words.

“I- you- how-” Twilight struggled to speak.

“I think what Twilight’s trying to say is, how did you get Sparky?” Sunny asked.

“Well, I found him as an egg and (once he hatched) raised him as my own.” Hitch said.

“B-B-But how?! How could a dragon egg get to Maretime Town?!” Twilight said.

Hitch shrugged. “I don’t really know, but I wouldn’t change it for the world.”

Twilight looked at the sky and saw it was almost sundown.

“Oh, uh, me and Sunny have to go now! Y’know, preparations?” Twilight nervously said.

“Well, I’ll see you later Sunny!” Hitch said.

“See you later!”

Once Twilight exited the station, she started running with Sunny and Spike following close behind.

“Twi! Why’re you running?! Those Apple pies still haven’t digested!” Sunny groaned.

“Sorry, but it’s almost sundown! We gotta hurry!”

Author's Note:

I gave Rocky a criminal record because why not! Also, if anyone has tips on how to write better, PLEASE LET ME KNOW :fluttercry:

Anyways here’s a small sneak peek for next chapter:

PippPetals - 5 minutes ago
WE SUMMONED NIGHTMARE MOON AT 3AM [GONE WRONG]