• Published 6th Feb 2024
  • 1,206 Views, 57 Comments

Harmony and Unity - HuskToFawn



Everyone knows the story of Twilight Sparkle and Sunny Starscout, and how they both united Equestria in their respective times. But in this universe, these two generations existed at the same time.

  • ...
3
 57
 1,206

Preparations

“My dear Twilight: There is more to a young pony’s life than studying. So I’m sending you to supervise the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration in this year’s location, Maretime Town.” Spike read. He, Twilight, and Sunny were on a golden chariot towards Maretime Town.

“And I have an even more essential task for you to complete—make some friends.” Spike read, he re-furled the scroll and put it... somewhere.

“Come on, Twilight! Don’t be so down, we get to stay in my old lighthouse, and it has a library! Cheer up!” Sunny said.

Hearing this, Twilight’s expression brightened up. “You’re right Sunny, I knowI’m right, we’ll check on the preperations as fast as we can, then I get to the library and find proof of Nightmare Moons return!”

“Then when will you make friends like Princess Celestia said?” Sunny said, with a bit of worry in her face.

“She said to check on preparations. I am her student, and I’ll do my royal duty, but the fate of Equestria does not rest on me making friends.” Twilight said. The chariot touches down on the ground and the three get off and thank the pegasus guards that carried them.

“Twilight! Come on, we already missed the party! Please, please make some friends! Or at least just try to socialize!” Sunny pleaded. “I won’t stop until you do, just to let you know.”

“Fi-i-i-ine!” Twilight gave in. She walked to a pink, earth pony with a magenta mane, she had three balloons for a cutie mark, two were blue while the other one was yellow and placed higher than the rest.

“Uh, hello? I’m Twilight Sparkle, and this over here is-” Twilight said, before the pink pony MASSIVELY gasped and (somehow) suspended herself in mid-air before she dashed away. “Okay, how did she do that!? No pony can keep themselves suspended in mid-air! And certainly not an earth pony! Er, sorry Sunny.”

“No offense taken,” Sunny assured. “Anyways, Spike, what’s first on the list?”


Twilight, Sunny, and Spike were walking towards the entrance of “Sweet Apple Acres”, which was on the east of Maretime Town.

“Summer Sun Celebration Official Overseer’s Checklist. Number one, banquet preparations—Sweet Apple Acres.” Spike read. As he re-furled the scroll and put it back to wherever he got it from, the three saw a big, red barn and multiple ponies talking, cooking, playing, all of that. There were even yellow and red streamers and orange balloons set up.

“Ooh, festive,” Sunny complimented. She walked up to an orange mare with light blonde hair with a cowboy hat on. She had three apples for her cutie mark and was holding a bucket of apples with her teeth, once she noticed Sunny, she hurriedly put down the bucket and turned to greet the three.

“Well, howdy do! Ah’m Applejack, you three came at jus’ the right time! We ‘ere at Sweet Apple Acres do love makin’ new friends!”

“Nice to meet you! I’m Sunny Starscout, and this is my friend, Twilight Sparkle!” Sunny introduced. “Me and Twilight are actually here to sample the food you’ll be serving! I heard that the food here is amazing!”

“Aw shucks, thank ya’ kindly, it’s true though! The food ‘ere is one of the best in Maretime Town.” Applejack said.

“I can’t wait to try some! Er, if that’s okay?” Sunny said.

“Course’ it’s okay!” Applejack said. “Soup’s on everypony!”

Twilight, Spike, and Sunny get swept up by the stampede of the Apple Family, a few seconds later, they were seated at a table, dazed by what just happened.

“Now why don’t ah introduce y’all to the Apple Family?” Applejack said. “This here’s Apple Fritter, Apple Bumpkin, Red Delicious...”

After a few minutes, Twilight started closing her eyes, Spike was downright sleeping (and drooling), and Sunny started to doze off. “...Big Macintosh, Apple Bloom, and Granny Smith!” When Applejack said the last name, the three snapped out of that trance.

“Ahem, well, that was very... how do i put it... informative! It’s so nice to meet you! All... 128 of you...” Sunny said nervously.

“Well, ah guess it’s time fer’ brunch, hope ya like apples.” Applejack said as she and the rest of the Apple family put food on top of the table, resulting in a gasp from Sunny, a gulp from Twilight, and a lick from Spike.

The three started grabbing food from the pile. A few minutes later, the three were so full and they didn’t even make a dent in the pile. A few hours later, Sunny ate the last fritter and put her hoof over her mouth as she retched.

“If ya liked that, then y’all will love the desert!” Applejack said, before noticing the three were absent from their spots.


“I ate too much pie...” Twilight said after they stopped running.

“I think I’ve had enough apples for a lifetime, maybe I’ll take my Apple Smoothie off the menu.” Sunny said.

“Food, check! Next is the weather,” Spike said. “Huh, there’s supposed to be a pegasus pony named Rainbow Dash clearing the clouds.”

“Well, she’s not doing a very good job is she?” Twilight said, checking the sky to see all of the clouds still in place.

Without any warning, a blue pony with a rainbow mane crashed into Twilight, she had a red, yellow, and blue striped lightning bolt from a cloud as a cutie mark. A white pegasus with electric pink mane and some turquoise streaks flew down shortly after the two ponies crashed.

“Uh, Twilight, you okay?” Sunny asked.

“Yo, Rainbow, that was quite a crash.” The pegasus said.

“Yeah...” The blue pegasus, now known as Rainbow, said. She turned to look behind her to see Twilight lying on the mud. “Uh... ehehe, scuse’ me?”

She flies off the mud and grabs a cloud, not even a few seconds after Twilight gets up Rainbow positions the cloud over her and lightly stomps on it, creating a drizzle that soaks Twilight head to tail. Then, Rainbow flies in a circle around Twilight and increasingly picks up the pace which makes all the mud that used to be on her disappear, but also leaving her mane frizzed up.

“There ya’ go! My very own Rainblow-Dry!” Rainbow said. “Thank you, thank you, no need to thank me. You’re quite-”

Rainbow gets a good look at Twilight for a few seconds before she falls on the floor, laughing.

“Wow, that is...” Sunny tried to say before she stifled a laugh.

“Well, that’s one way to dry up.” The white pegasus said.

“Well, I’m guessing you’re Rainbow Dash.” Twilight said, looking up at the blue pegasus.

“The one and only! Why? You’ve heard of me?” Rainbow asked. “I mean, I am awesome, so that wouldn’t be suprising.”

“I heard you’re supposed to be keeping the sky clear.” Twilight said. She sighed then put on a smile. “I’m Twilight Sparkle, and this is my friend Sunny. The princess sent us to check on the weather.”

“Yeah, yeah, that’ll be a snap. I’ll do it in a jiffy,” Rainbow said in a nonchalant manner. “Just as soon as I’m done practicing with Zipp over here.”

Stepping up, Sunny decided to say, “Practicing? What for? Nothing can be more important than this!”

“Um, yeah there is! The Wonderbolts!” Rainbow said, grabbing a poster of them from a wall. “They’re gonna perform at the celebration tomorrow! And we’re gonna show them our stuff!”

“Oh? The Wonderbolts?”

“Yep.”

“The most fastest flyers in all of Equestria?”

“That’s them.”

“Oh, puh-lease, why would they accept a pegasus that couldn’t even keep the sky clear for one, measly, little day.” Sunny smirked.

“No way! I can clear the sky in 10 seconds flat!” Rainbow argued.

“Really? Sounds to me plain ol’ boasting.” Sunny said. “Unless you could prove it? But you could never do it.”

Hearing this, Rainbow flew closer to Sunny, narrowing her eyes. “It. Is. ON!”

Rainbow then started clearing the skies, if Sunny had to guess she was clearing 20 clouds per second, to her surprise.

After a few seconds, the whole sky was cleared.

“What’d I say?” Rainbow said. She drops back to where she was and stretches her wings out. “Told ya I could do it. 10 seconds flat... probably, did anyone time it?”

She looks over at Sunny, Spike, and Twilight, their jaws wide open.

“You should see the look on your face! You’re a laugh, Sunny Starscout. I can’t wait to hang out some more! And you too, Twilight!”

Those last sentences snapped the three out of it. “Wow... she’s amazing!” Spike said.

“She really is,” Sunny said. She put a hoof on Twilight’s mane and stifled a laugh.

Twilight gives a little groan before smiling. “Yeah, I guess you can say that.”

“You’ve gotta do something about that hair though.” Spike said.

Author's Note:

This one came earlier than I expected- you do not know how hard it is to write Applejack :ajsleepy: IT TOOK ME 5 REWRITES OF AJ’S SCENE TO GET IT TO BE OKAY

I’m rewatching Make Your Mark and Tell Your Tell because I’m taking a class in “Sunny-ology” I still haven’t nailed Sunny’s personality. I know Zipp has only... 2 lines in this, but I’m still learning “Zipp 101” so yeah :raritydespair:

The next chapter will contain 5 debuts so wish me luck :trollestia: