• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 667 Views, 28 Comments

G5 Adventures in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - ponydog127



Our heroes journey back to Bikini Bottom, where they must join with SpongeBob, Patrick and all their friends, old and new, to rescue Gary from King Poseidon and Allura, who is using the king to find the star she desperately desires.

  • ...
7
 28
 667

The Window of Meanwhile/Mr. Krabs Surrenders

El Diablo had just been defeated, with everyone opening their curtains and letting him be exposed to the sunlight.

Now, all they had to do was free the zombies from their earthly binds and get out of Goner Gulch before something worse occured that could delay their mission any further.

Everyone immediately ran out from El Diablo's office and into the main part of the saloon again, where they cautiously entered, just in case the zombies were to attack. Once they were in there, SpongeBob cleared his throat and began to speak. “Hey, everybody! El Diablo says he doesn't want to be disturbed.”

“Uh… yeah,” Arctic nodded quickly. “Needless to say, he’s feeling a little bit… burnt out.”

“So, uh… we’re just gonna be on our way,” Misty said politely. “It was nice to meet all of you!”

“Bye…”

“Toodles!”

“See ya…”

“Take care!”

Suddenly, one of the zombies suddenly stood up. “Thank ye and yer friends, SpongeBob! We’re finally free!”

“Huh?” the group turned around in surprise. And as the zombies continued to thank them, they disintegrated into wisps of light that flew into the cloudless sky. And after a moment of staring, SpongeBob spoke up with a gasp of delight. “Do you know what that means? We passed the challenge!”

“And now,” Sunny added, “we can keep going to find Gary!”

The group cheered in celebration, but their cheering was cut short when they realized that El Diablo had returned in a cloud of ash, causing Tropic to push them out of the saloon. “We gotta go! Move move move!!”

Everyone rushed outside, and were surprised and relieved all at once to see Otto waiting for them outside. “Otto!”

“You came back!” Misty cried. “Howdy, partners,” Otto greeted, and SpongeBob pulled out the challenge coin as soon as they got in the car. “Wait! Can't forget the courage!”

Suddenly, the doors of the saloon flew open, revealing El Diablo’s ash form coming for them at lightning speed. “Go, Otto, go!” Zipp cried. “Floor it!”

“Hurry!” Arctic shrieked as they got moving. “He’s coming!”

“Faster!!”

“GO OTTO!!”

“RUN!!!”

“GO GO GO GO GO GO!!”

This yelling continued until the group was far out of El Diablo’s sight and far out of Goner Gulch.

XXXXXXXX

Wake up. Your dream has been fired.

Upon hearing Otto’s voice, the group opened their eyes and found themselves underwater once more, and the ponies were sea-ponies once again. “Oh! Phew! We're back on the bottom,” SpongeBob said in relief. “See, Patrick? It must been a dream.”

“More like a vision, really.”

Upon hearing the familiar voice, the ponies turned to see Sage in the front seat with Otto, surprising them. “Sage?!”

“Oh,” Patrick waved. “Hi, Sage.”

“Hello.”

“You are real!” Misty gasped in surprise. “As real as you desire to see that which you cannot,” Sage responded. “Yeah, well, that which I cannot see is Gary,” SpongeBob said, getting teary-eyed once more. “I got to know what's happening.”

“I know, SpongeBob,” Zipp tried to comfort. “But… I don’t know how our pony magic can grant that wish.”

“Actually… this wish is something I can grant you,” Sage said, turning to face the group. “This wish I grant you. Through the mystical fabric of the fourth dimension, you may now view what's happening at the same time as things are happening to you.”

Suddenly, a window magically began to appear in the boat in front of the group. “Behold... the Window of Meanwhile.”

“The Window of Meanwhile?” Patrick pressed his face into the window. “What’s it do?”

“It's like a Video on Demand service of parallel action,” said Sage. “Have a look.”

“Hey, uh... Patrick? We kinda wanna see the window too,” said Pipp, tapping on Patrick's back, “so... down in front.”

Patrick sat down as soon as an image of Gary sitting in the king's palace began to form in the window's reflection. “Look, Patrick!” SpongeBob said upon seeing Gary. “There he is!”

“Yeah, he looks all right!” Patrick said in relief. “Hey, Gary!”

“Phew... that’s such a relief,” sighed Sunny with a smile. “At least we know now that he isn't being harmed.”

But then, the window showed the chancellor bringing Gary to King Poseidon on a satin pillow. “Look what I found. Snail time.

King Poseidon smiled immediately and scooped Gary up into his hands. “Hello, precious...

“G-Gary?” Tropic’s ears pinned with worry, wondering what he was doing. The king proceeded to look Gary over with a confident smile. “I hope you don't ran out of juice or you'll end up like the others.”

“Others?” Zipp blinked. “What do you think he means by that?”

XXXXXXXX

During the king's first meet and greet with Allura and Twitch, the cancellor put one of the snails in the disposer and sent the poor thing to a torture chamber for snails with a hooded punk guy whipping them with no end...

...but no one else would know of such a fate for now.

XXXXXXXX

The king immediately smacked Gary onto his face, rubbing the slime in. “Oh yes...

“GARY!!!” Arctic screamed, just as SpongeBob began to shake the window. “Gary! Hello?!”

“Okay,” said Sage. “The Window of Meanwhile doesn't really work that way.”

“Gary, run!” SpongeBob continued to bang on the window. “Get out of there!!”

“Gary, run!”

Sage cleared his throat to get their attention again. “It's not a video chat app like Skype or Facetime or anything.”

“Guys, this keeps going from bad to worse!” Sunny said with worry laced in her voice. “If we wanna save Gary, we have to hurry!”

“Otto, step on it!” Zipp said as SpongeBob and Patrick continued to shout Gary's name. “We gotta get to the Lost City of Atlantic City pronto!”

XXXXXXXX

A few hours later, back in Bikini Bottom, the Krusty Krab was in shambles by the time that night had fallen... the restaurant looked like a tornado... make that THREE tornadoes, swept through without warning.

Mr. Krabs was the sorriest sight you could ever see in that restaurant... without SpongeBob, nothing seemed right. He sent India to Squidward's house for a day or so, that way she didn’t have to see him suffer like this.

But... what was the point of any of this?

Suddenly, the door opened a bit, and Plankton walked into the Krusty Krab with a smug look on his face. “Hello, Eugene, old friend. How's business? Bad?” he asked, even though he already knew the answer, not giving Mr. Krabs a single second to respond. “Good. Well, that's restaurant for you, huh? Feast or famine. But I digress. Why don't you be a good little loser and hand over the secret formula?”

Mr. Krabs sighed heavily... there was really nothing else he could do at that moment. So, he decided to the world smallest key to open his belt and handed the smallest formula to Plankton, who was overjoyed that his plan actually worked. “Take it. It's yours. Take it all.”

Suddenly, Plankton realized that there was something different about his enemy's reaction that he didn’t expect. “Wait... you're giving up?”

“Oh, Plankton. I wouldn't expect you to understand,” Mr. Krabs sighed as he approached the window. “But somehow, without SpongeBob, Sunny and her little friends or those little fillies... this whole thing, just doesn't make sense anymore! Sunny told me that once that bein' with those you care about was better than any dollar amount, but... I never believed the lass. At least... not until now. So... what is the formula worth when those little ponies and my little boy-o aren't here to reep in the reward?”

“You can't do that!” Plankton protested. “ I've spent my entire career waiting for this moment and you roll over like a harpooned whale?! I WON'T LET YOU ROB ME OF MY VENGEANCE!!!!”

However, the once-proud owner of the Krusty Krab sadly trudged to his office, a sadness that Plankton had never heard before laced in his tone. “Give my regards to your lovely wife.”

And just like that, the door was closed, leaving Plankton a little confused and... feeling somewhat guilty of what he had done. “Huh. This doesn't, uh, feel quite good as, uh... yay, I won.”

Plankton slowly trudged out of the Krusty Krab, trying to figure out why he felt this twinge of guilt... and how he could be rid of it.

Then he wondered... what was SpongeBob, Patrick and their crew enduring right now?