• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 666 Views, 28 Comments

G5 Adventures in The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run - ponydog127



Our heroes journey back to Bikini Bottom, where they must join with SpongeBob, Patrick and all their friends, old and new, to rescue Gary from King Poseidon and Allura, who is using the king to find the star she desperately desires.

  • ...
7
 28
 666

SpongeBob and Patrick's Argument/Meeting Allura

While the rest of their friends, let by Queen Skygrace and Riverstream, were on their way to the Lost City of Atlantic City for the ultimate rescue mission, the Mane 6 were still in hiding, trying to piece together how Allura and Twitch escaped Starlight Ridge.

Sunny hummed in thought. “Violet Frost told us before that there was some sort of barrier keeping Allura in Starlight Ridge, right?”

“Yeah,” Hitch nodded. “And we didn’t see her again after we defeated her… at least, until now.”

“So… what if there was some sort of tear in the barrier?” Zipp said. “A tear big enough for Allura and Twitch to slip through?”

“Or… what if something opened the barrier? Like… maybe… us leaving Starlight Ridge with Rudolph and the others while we were searching for Happy?” Sunny said, her voice beginning to get fearful. “Oh no… this is OUR fault!”

“Sunny, we couldn’t have known that leaving Starlight Ridge would open the barrier and let Allura get out,” Misty tried to comfort her friend. “I’m not sure the auroricorns knew either. They were just celebrating their victory over Allura, after all.”

“But… if Allura and Twitch were here, then why was Twitch bringing all that stuff to her?” Pipp asked. “Maybe she thought the piece of the star was in them,” Zipp pointed out, “and she must have enchanted those fish with her hypnotic purr in order to help her search for it!”

“So… she could be in a rally with King Poseidon, and this could put the entire ocean in danger!” Hitch realized, causing Sparky to gasp. “And if she finds the star piece,” Sunny gulped, “she could have just enough power to leap to other realms!”

“But we’re not gonna let that happen, right, Sunny?” Izzy asked. “...no, of course not,” Sunny shook her head. “But… we have to help our friends first. Come on… we better sneak outside and wait for the others to arrive.”

XXXXXXXX

Meanwhile, in the dungeons, SpongeBob was an emotionless mess… since they had moved into the dungeon, he hadn’t said a word or moved a muscle, and it honestly worried the twins, who were trying to come up with a way out on their own.

Patrick, however, was too focused on the little keyboard toy that he had found in the cell a few minutes earlier. However, as Patrick was playing with his new toy, SpongeBob fell onto his side, still showing no emotion on his face. “SpongeBob?” Arctic called in concern. “You okay?”

SpongeBob said nothing, but offered a sniffle in response, causing Patrick to frown. “Hey, buddy… sorry about this.”

“It… it’s not your fault, Patrick. And it isn’t your fault either, girls,” SpongeBob said, curling up as tears began to enter his eyes. “You guys, along with Sunny and the ponies, have been true friends this whole time. Never wavered, never flauntered. It's just... I failed, that's all! And I'll never see innocent little Gary again… oh, my heart is… broken! Eehhhhhh…”

“Oh, come on now. Buck up,” Patrick tried to be reassuring. “Hey, yeah! Patrick’s right!” Tropic realized. “It's not over yet, SpongeBob. Sunny and the others are still out there, and I know they’re gonna come and rescue us!”

“It sure feels over, though,” SpongeBob rubbed his bottom as he sat up. “And crappy…”

Patrick shrugged as he turned back to his keyboard toy. “Just saying there's two sides to every coin.”

“Oh, Patrick. What does a coin have to…?” SpongeBob immediately stopped speaking once Patrick’s words registered in his mind. “Wait, did you just say coin?”

“Me? Uh, don't think so.”

The cow sound on the keyboard caused Patrick to chuckle a bit. “You did!” SpongeBob said. “You said ‘coin’.”

“Not remembering that exactly,” Patrick said, just before a telephone sound caused Patrick to pick up the keyboard. “Hello?”

“The challenge coin!” Arctic suddenly realized. “Of course! Oh, don't you see, Patrick? We're saved!”

However, Patrick was still trying to answer his ‘phone call’, and wasn’t paying any attention. “I said hello!”

SpongeBob reached into his pocket to get the challenge coin and earn them a bus ticket to freedom (so to speak), but immediately froze when he realized that the challenge coin was no longer in his pockets. “Patrick, it’s gone!!”

“Meh. Was the challenge coin really that useful? Hello?!!” Patrick called into the keyboard again before throwing it on the ground. “Stupid prank callers…”

That’s when SpongeBob suddenly remembered something about where the challenge coin was. “Hey, wait a sec. I gave it to you, remember?” he said to Patrick. “For safekeeping.”

“...no.”

“Come on, it was last night! We were at the crappie tables.”

XXXXXXXX

“Place your bets!” said the attendant at the crappie tables. “Come on, seven! Come on, seven! Come on, seven!” Patrick cried and placed a coin on the table… not realizing that it was the challenge coin that he had set down.

XXXXXXXX

Upon realizing what had happened, SpongeBob turned to Patrick, burning with fury, much to the fear of the twins. “You…!! You gambled away my challenge coin! You wrecked our entire mission with one stupid bet?!”

Patrick scoffed in response. “Well, only after you kept saying…”

XXXXXXXX

“What?!” Tropic cried before groaning. “There goes our ride to freedom!”

“Let it ride, Patrick! LET IT RIDE!!!” SpongeBob told Patrick as the girls ate some ice cream, causing him to rip his pants. “WHOO!!!”

“AGH!! MY EYES!!!” Arctic wailed, covering her eyes with her hooves as Patrick held up the challenge coin. “But SpongeBob, what if you need the challenge coin tomorrow to help you summon your courage?”

“Tomorrow is for weenies!! WHOO!!” SpongeBob said, rolling around on the table, laughing like a maniac.

XXXXXXXX

“Ohhhh yeah…” Tropic recalled. “I remember that now! Seeing SpongeBob’s underwear is something I will never forget… even if I wanted to…”

“And guess what?” Patrick asked the twins, glaring at SpongeBob. “It’s tomorrow, and guess who’s the weenie?”

As Patrick turned away from SpongeBob with a huff, the twins kept their eyes locked on their friends, waiting for someone to blow up…

…but they weren’t expecting it to be SpongeBob, however. “I… can’t… believe you!!

“You can't believe me? Are you serious right now?” Patrick yelled. “Blame the twins! They’re the ones who were SUPPOSED to keep an eye on us, like Sunny told them to!”

“Leave them out of this!” SpongeBob defended, stepping in front of the twins. “They were just being kids!”

“Besides, we… we tried to keep an eye on you!” Arctic tried to plead. “I guess we just got wrapped up in the fun!”

“But because you were SO obsessed with betting,” SpongeBob growled at Patrick, “we lost our only chance at saving Gary! I can't believe you would be so SELFISH!!!”

“Oh-ho, well, I think you can believe THIS!!!” Patrick said, opening the cell door, grabbing Arctic by the hoof and dragging her out of the cell. “Arctic and I are out of here!”

“Tropic!” Arctic tried to reach out to her sister, but Patrick shoved her into another cell before anything else could be done.

But even when they were separated, SpongeBob and Patrick were STILL yelling at each other.

“And don't come back!”

“Oh, don’t worry, we won’t!”

“Good!”

“EVER!!”

“Fine!”

“Super!”

Suddenly, a soft crying sound caught SpongeBob’s attention, causing him to turn to see Tropic sobbing. “How could you let me and my sister be seperated…?” she whimpered. “You know we promised each other we wouldn’t be apart anymore… no matter if you and Patrick were fighting or not...”

SpongeBob wasn’t sure what to tell the filly… but she was right.

He promised Tropic that he and Patrick would never separate the fillies and look what they just did.

But before anyone could say anything, Sage rolled into the dungeons to speak with them. “Hey, losers.”

“Oh,” Patrick waved. “Hey, Sage.”

“Sage!” Tropic cried in relief. “We’re so happy you’re here!”

“Yeah… and guess who gambled away my challenge coin?” SpongeBob asked, pointing at Patrick, who scoffed in response. “Guess who blames everyone else for his troubles?”

“Well, guess who grabbed Arctic and pulled her away from her sister?!”

“STOP!!!” Arctic finally screamed. “I can’t take this arguing anymore! It’s getting old and I just wanna get Gary and go home!!”

Both fillies crying was enough to get Patrick and SpongeBob to finally silence themselves, realizing what they had done to the fillies mentally. This realization caused Sage to grumble in frustration. “Did I mention you are the worst epic heroes for whom I've ever been a spirit guide?”

“Um, I think we went over that this morning.”

“I believe we did, yeah.”

Sage sighed in response, and turned toward SpongeBob again. “SpongeBob, the coin was just a symbol. The courage you seek is inside you, not in the coin. And it will come to you in your hour of need.”

“But, isn't this my hour of need?”

Sage laughed in response. “No… it gets way worse,” he said before rolling out of the room. “Bye!”

“...worse?” SpongeBob gulped nervously, causing Tropic to scoff and mutter with teary eyes. “He said ‘way worse’.”

The twins were silent for a few more minutes before Patrick approached the little blue filly and patted her back. “I’m sorry for splitting you and Tropic up, Arctic.”

“Me too,” SpongeBob sighed. “I should have done a better job at keeping my promise… and you guys shouldn’t have to look after me and Patrick. We should be old enough to look after ourselves and be serious enough to handle a mission like this. And we were depending on you guys and the Equestrians way too much.”

“...can you forgive us?” Patrick asked. “...I think we can,” Arctic said with a mutter, “but… will you guys promise us to not break your promises this time?”

“Definitely,” SpongeBob nodded, and in their separate cells, the twins hugged their friends warmly, happy that they were one step closer to making up…

…when a sinister voice spoke outside their cells. “Well well well… isn’t this a touching moment?”

Upon hearing this voice, the four friends turned to see Allura smirking in front of their cells. “Wait… I know who you are!” Tropic said in panic. “You’re Allura! The evil snow leopard Sunny told us about!”

“Uh-oh…” Arctic gulped and hid behind Patrick. “I'm happy that I am finally getting noticed,” Allura said with a smirk. “Plus, I had to see those little ponies’ friends for myself… and give you a message for those little pests.”

“What message?” SpongeBob asked with slight nervousness. “And would you like it to be a voice message or a written one?”

“Quiet!” Allura snapped. “I want you to tell those pony pests that I am so close to finding the star piece, I can taste it… and once I find all the pieces and increase my power, their little realm of Equestria won’t be the only one in trouble… and by the look of those guards coming, you’re in trouble as well. Ta-ta… and give dear King Poseidon my regards. Him letting me and Twitch stay here is what got us this far.”

With a sinister chuckle, Allura and Twitch swam out of the room, letting Tropic try to process what Allura had just said. “King Poseidon was helping her? And… what did she mean by us being in trouble?”

Suddenly, the chancellor and several other guards came into the dungeon. “Prepare the prisoners!” said the chancellors, but SpongeBob immediately brushed it off. “Oh, that couldn't be for us.”

“It's your time to fry, I mean, shine,” the chancellor continued, and this caused Tropic to immediately panic. “SpongeBob, I think those guards ARE here for us! We’re gonna die!!”

“Not if Sunny and her friends formulate a plan in time!” cried Arctic. “Oh… I just hope they have one worked out by now…”